• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Rocket: Leave or stay next series?

YAY New thread!

• Yes Team Rocket will leave!

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • No, they'll be staying

Votes: 23 71.9%

• Total voters

Ashfangirl22

I love Ash.
Reaction score
I think they'll be staying, as you can see they switch serious to comical next moment whenever they want. What do you guys think?

If they stay, I hope their appearances remain rare.

I like Team Rocket as individual characters - but they are are purposeless organisation, who don't have a cohesive plot for why they do what they do and what success would be. If they bothered to write a storyline explaining what Giovanni would do if he did get a big powerful army of Pokemon, perhaps Jessie and James could work towards that in a meaningful way, but they are vague so never advance the story at all, just turn up to achieve their next total failure. Of the main TR plots in BW, the only one that is good was the Subway one because it got us the lead up episodes with Meowth - not because the plot itself was a great episode.

Team Rocket's best appearances in my view were around Jessie's contests in DP - they were being sneaky and disruptive but with good intentions and a real goal in mind. It was a good storyline, it showed the uniqueness of all their personalities but those parts weren't overwhelming to the episodes they were in, unlike where they come in to steal Pokemon and the episode grinds to a halt to battle them.

Without their unique characters on show, Team Rocket are nothing - because they have no purpose as an organisation that is made clear and certainly not one that fits with the wider storyline of the Pokemon series. The characters being Jessie and James doesn't matter if their role in the episode would be exactly the same if they were swapped for grunts.

I want them appearing as main characters again ):

group_kojirous_sabonea.png

I want them to have pokemon with personalities again. Yamask and Woobat are so boring.

I think they will and I really hope they get back thier sinnoh personalities.

I say they're gonna stay. Whether or not they go back to their Sinnoh personalities or continue to pull off B plot missions like in Best Wishes still has yet to be seen. (I personally hope they find a balance between the two. To be honest, they really got on my nervs in DP...)

I think that they're going to stay for the next series. Even with their rare appearances in BW, they still seem like pretty popular characters in Japan, so I think that they have a good chance of staying. I really hope that they'll have their personalities back in the next series though. I wouldn't mind if they still didn't appear in every episode. I had no problem with that since they were usually entertaining most of the time, but in BW, they've been extremely boring for me, so I'd prefer to see them back in a more comical relief role with their personalities in the next series.

I want them to stay for the next series, but with a slightly reduced role in order to make room for the Gen 6 villians, and I would also like for them to bring back their classic personalities.

Let em go, please. They're annoying as hell and they are sooo predictable now...
I thought they had always been predictable :p

But I love them. I used to hate them when I watched the dub, but when I started watching in Japanese, Kojirou became one of my favorite characters. I don't want them to ever leave, but it would be awesome if they returned to their pre-BW selves.

THey got the Meowth Balloon back and the boss got to battle Pikachu so i say KEEP THEM!

ONLY if they appear when they have a purpose AND have middle ground personalities.

Moe got it spot on.

There pointless. uttelry pointless zombified personallity less nobobys who occasionlly turn up for 2 minutes to slowly advance some pointless mission, replace them with any random character they can fill the exact same role.

Maybe they can all have a brain transplant and return to their hoenn days except appearing in less episodes although i cant actually bring myself to care what happens to them, they were ruined a long time ago.

We're going to have new villains in Gen6 - why won't they just use the game villains? Just transplant Team Rocket's brains or something if their personalities would be missed badly.

Well, judging by the fact that it was advertised back in BW96 and 97 that they were going to leave, yet they returned at BW110.

NEVER.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom