• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Rockets Disguises

Buneary and Pikachu

Reaction score
Nearly every episode of Pokemon, ash and friends are fooled by team rockets pathetic disguises. How can they not see through even when they are clearly team rocket

have any disguises fooled you

only cassidy and butch can fool me compared to jessie, james and meowth

Nearly every episode of Pokemon, ash and friends are fooled by team rockets pathetic disguises. How can they not see through even when they are clearly team rocket

only cassidy and butch can fool me compared to jessie, james and meowth

A person in a different place than I normally see them wearing only slightly different clothes easily fools me. I just don't recognize them, until they tell me who they are.

They almost (read: almost) fooled me when they dressed up as those hula dancers in Kanto. (I believe it was a gym episode) :p

I just realized what the question was. Sorry.

The S.S. anne episode for a short time. Since then... no.

They almost (read: almost) fooled me when they dressed up as those hula dancers in Kanto. (I believe it was a gym episode) :p
Yeah, but with the older, slightly better disguises it was their wacky behaviour that gave them away :p Admittedly, in that gettup, had they behaved "normally" I'd not even have noticed them!

Jessie, James and Meowth have terrible disguises. I don't think there's been a single time where I haven't been able to see right through them.

Butch and Cassidy's are much more convincing, though. When I watched The Fortune Hunters, if I hadn't known the summary of the episode prior to watching it, and if I hadn't immediately recognized Butch's voice, I honestly would have had a hard time guessing it was them.

When Jigglypuff first appeared, and I was like young, their punk rocker disguises fooled me. Like, I seriously thought they were two different people, if it weren't for James' curl thing on his forehead.

The hula dancers would have fooled me too. They had good disguises back then. Now.....an idiot could tell who they are(which means Ash and friends are beyond idiotic.

It's typical cartoon gags.

They do this all the time in other kids cartoons.

None of the disguises really fooled me. Even if they were half decent, like some of the older ones, the Meowth-sized person with a tail usually gave it away. In the cases where he is not present, or uses a trenchcoat and Wobbuffet, the fact that there are two mysterious adults is beyond suspicious in a show where they pull some antic every episode.

The only ones that really fooled me at first were the hula dancer disguises in the first Sabrina episodes. Then again, I don't know if they fooled me because they were good disguises or because I was 12 at the time.

Because it's funny. and maybe because the twerps are stupid/blind

Not a single one of their disguises ever fooled me.

And Ash & co. aren`t realy stupid- if you haven`t noticed even adults in the show get fooled by TR`s disguises. The thing is that we, the viewers, have to recognise them to get the funny situation when they fool someone.

How could they fool anyone other than Satoshi-tachi? :p

Hey don't pick on Satoshi-kun alone Takashi-san and Hikari-chan get fooled too Satoshi-kun just is...well....the first to go.

Although Hikari-chan seems to figure them out sometimes.(God, WHY AM I TALKING IN JAPANESE I WATCH THE FREAKIN ENGLISH DUB)

Anyway I really think the Gardevoir and Kirlia one from Hoenn was awfully stupid to use twice IN THE SAME EPISODE

Team Rocket gets me pissed sometimes, but Jessilina is pretty cool in the contests. Why can't she stay there?

Hey, Ash and the others are not stupid everyone else falls for them too

Hey don't pick on Satoshi-kun alone Takashi-san and Hikari-chan get fooled too Satoshi-kun just is...well....the first to go.
Satoshi-tachi means Ash & co. I'm not picking on Satoshi alone :p

To be fair to anyone who isn't part of their travelling band, they're unlikely to have met TR more than a few times, and sporadically at that xD

Actually, yes. Exactly one. Jesse and James were dressed as like girls in skirt grasses or something, if I remember correctly, and it threw me that James was dressed as a girl and I seriously didn't realize it was Team Rocket for a second. Granted, this was way early on in the beginning of the series.

But uh, the fact that they have paper-thin disguises is supposed to be eh, comical? Of course they're obvious but it's just what they do.

Team Rocket’s Disguises are meant to be comical. I was never fooled, but it is funny how easily Ash and friends are. Especially the worst disguise of all from “Dawn of a New Era!”

ep004_worst_disguise_ever.jpg

Talk about not even trying Team Rocket (and the fact that you still were able to fool Ash and friends is both amazing and strange).

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom