• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MATURE: Team Rocket’s Revenge

Jared DiCarlo

Grovyle Fan
Reaction score
It’s been such a long time since I last created a new Pokémon fanfic. My sister and I have been coming up with lots of new ones since 2019, and now’s the time to finally post them here. Starting with....

Team Rocket’s Revenge

WARNING: This story may contain excessive gore, strong language, and other horrors.

Chapter 1: A New Recruit

After the death of Giovanni in “Robo-Boss”, the entirety of Team Rocket ceased their criminal activities for three days, while they held his funeral. Jessie, James, Meowth, Attila, Hun, Dr. Zager, and Domino were all there to pay their respects. Even Butch, Cassidy, and Dr. Namba were there, despite not being part of Team Rocket anymore. By all accounts of everyone who was present, the funeral was genuinely moving, especially for Meowth, because it brought back uncomfortable memories of his past before he joined the team. He even felt sorry for Giovanni’s Persian, something he never thought he’d say. Unfortunately for him, he never got a chance to console him, as Domino took custody of him shortly after the funeral.

A month after the funeral, the Rockets are once again up to their old tricks. Jessie (who has become the new boss), James, and Meowth have grown bored without their old boss there to help them, and are looking for some excitement.

James: Congrats on becoming the new leader of Team Rocket, Jessie!
Meowth: Yeah, I always knew ya had it in ya!
Wobbuffet: Wobbuffet!!!
Jessie: [bored] Yeah, I guess.
James: What’s wrong? You’re not your usual chipper self!
Jessie: I guess I’m just bored. Without the boss around, there’s no excitement in our life anymore.
James: Cheer up! Our new recruit is going to be here any minute now!
Jessie: Oh, well, send him in when he gets here.

A few minutes later, a bizarrely dressed man shows up in the room. Not only does he look like a Cacturne, but he has one standing next to him.

Harley: Hi, glad I could make it!
Jessie: Ugh, not this freak again.
Harley: What did you say about me, girlfriend?
Jessie: Um, nothing. So, uh...what’s your name, again?
Harley: Harley’s the name, and coordinating is my game!
Jessie: Oh, that’s right. You’re the weirdo who loves Cacturne.
Harley: Weirdo?!!?? Cacturne is a beautiful Pokémon! Show her, Cacturne!
[Cacturne shows off his moves to Jessie, pricking her in the face with Pin Needles]
Harley: How did you like that?
James: Wow, impressive!
Jessie: It’s okay, I guess.
Harley: I think they like you, buddy!
Cacturne: Cac!
Jessie: So, why do you want to join Team Rocket, anyway? You don’t seem evil to me.
Harley: I want revenge! I want to get back at that little twerp, May, for all of those countless blows she dealt to me in the Pokémon Contests!

To be continued...

Last edited:
Chapter 2: Time Keeps On Slippin’…Into The Future

Elsewhere, Ash Ketchum has spent the past few days having strange dreams….

In this one, he is a hard-working family man, coming home from a day at the office. His two children greet him.

Child 1: Daddy!! How was work?
Ash: (has a deep manly voice) Oh, just the same old boring job. How are you kids doing?
Child 2: Mommy, Daddy’s back!
(His wife arrives. She looks eerily similar to Serena!)
Wife: Hi, honey! How about a big kiss?
Ash: What?!? A kiss??? I don’t want to!!
Wife: Come on, you know you want to…
Ash: Stay back!!! NOOOO!!!!!

Ash wakes up from his dream, arousing the suspicions of his travel partners.

Max: Keep it down, will ya? It’s three in the morning!
May: Max, be nice. He’s probably having another bad dream.
Ash: I’m sorry for waking you up, guys. I just had the weirdest dream ever.
Brock: It can’t be weirder than the one you had yesterday where you were a punk rock singer from Galar.
Ash: No, this one was weirder! I was a father with two kids, and Serena was my wife.
Max: Is she your girlfriend???
Ash: Shut up! It’s nothing like that. She’s a friend of mine from the Kalos region, and the last time I saw her, we…kinda…kissed.
Max: If she’s not your girlfriend, why’d ya kiss her?!? Tell us, Loverboy!
May: Stop teasing him!!!
Ash: No, he’s right. I don’t even know why we did it. My mind is messed up right now…
Brock: Don’t worry, Ash. We’re bringing Manaphy back to the sea in the morning, and hopefully we can get you some professional help on our way home.

Little do they know, Team Rocket has been eavesdropping on their conversation the whole time….

When morning arrives, they discuss their next plan of action.

Jessie: So, what do we do to mess up the twerp’s head even further?
Meowth: Try to turn his Pikachu evil?
James: No, we’ve already done that. I know! How about we dress like ganguro girls and trick them into thinking they’ve won a cruise? It’ll be so COOL!!!
Jessie: Nah, we’ve done that too. Geez, we’ve been messing with that kid for so long that none of our ideas are original anymore.
Wobbuffet: Wobba…
Harley: Hey, I’ve got an idea! Let’s dress up like his family members and convince him that his life is a joke!!!
James: Team Rocket may be evil, but we’re not in the business of breaking kids’ hearts! At least not yet. Oh, great, now our dialogue is starting to repeat itself, too!
Meowth: Oy vey.
Harley: You’re right. They’ll probably recognize us, anyway. Guess we’ll have to go with my other plan, then…
Jessie: And that is?

Later, after Ash and the gang return Manaphy back to his home in the sea, they try to find a therapist for Ash.

Ash: I’m feeling a little nervous. Are you sure this is going to help get rid of my dreams, Brock?
Brock: You can trust ol’ Brock! Therapy did wonders for me!
Ash: Really? How so?
Brock: My parents took me in to get rid of my girl obsession, and I came out with a stronger obsession than before!
Max: That’s really healthy.

Before they can go any further, a mustachioed man in a sombrero, along with a Ludicolo, block their path. He speaks in a cartoonishly exaggerated Spanish accent.

Man: Hola, mi amigos! My name is Pedro, and this is my Ludicolo.
[The Ludicolo says nothing and just stares ahead with a blank look on his face]
Pedro: Did I jus hear you say you were looking for a therapist?
Ash: Um, yeah.
Pedro: Ay, dios mio! You don’t want that. What you need is a Pokémon battle, ese!
Ash: No thanks, sir. I really need help at the moment.
Pedro: No, I insist, chicos! You must battle me or else I will die! Ay caramba!
Max: This guy’s starting to drive me nuts. Can we just ignore him and move on?
May: Wait, something about this guy is really familiar…
[May rips off “Pedro’s” mustache, revealing him to be Harley!]
Harley: Ay dios mio!! I mean…surprise!
May: I should have known! What do you want this time, Harley?
Harley: My revenge, of course! But I’m not alone!
[The Ludicolo rips his costume off to reveal that he is really Meowth and Wobbuffet]
Ash: Team Rocket?!!??
Harley: That’s right! I’ve joined Team Rocket, and together, we will put an end to you freaks!
Jessie: To protect the world from devastation!
James: To unite all peoples within our nation!
Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love!
James: To extend our reach to the stars above!
Jessie: Jessie!
James: James!
Harley: And Harley, too!
Jessie: Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!
James: Surrender now, or prepare to fight!
Jessie: Fight!
Harley: Fight!
Meowth: Meowth, dat’s right!
Wobbuffet: Wobba!
Ash: Wait, how did you guys know that I needed to see a therapist?
Meowth: We was eavesdroppin’ on ya last night and hoid da whole ting!
James: How’s Sereeeeena doing??? Tell her I said hi!
Ash: You heard about my dreams, too? Ugh, we can’t keep anything secret from these creeps.
Max: Let’s just ignore them and maybe they’ll go away.
Harley: Wait, where are you going?
Brock: We don’t have time to play games with you. Bother us some other time, okay?

Ash and friends walk away and leave Team Rocket in the middle of the woods.

Author’s note: Man, it feels good to be writing a fanfic again. So, in case you couldn’t tell from the intro, aside from Team Rocket trying to get their revenge, this story will also be about Ash dealing with the pressures of growing up.

By the way, I totally borrowed Ash’s dream sequence from an episode of Arthur.

Last edited:
Okay let's read, because review challenge

C1
- Well that part about Butch and Cassidy being there sure aged like sour milk
- That feel when it's not Matori or even Silver, but Jessie who gets the boss slot. Must be early Black and White TR for this
- I wonder how they do recruitment for Team Rocket. Besides asking random kids on bridges
- Heh, calling her girlfriend in a country lass style
- I can just imagine Jessie being prickled and having no reaction
- Oh no he said the T word. That'll get her attention. Also seems like a bit far but iirc Harley wasn't known for being sane

C2
- Well I will always give a check mark to Satoserena. Especially since it blows out the fans still pining for Misty
- That feel when he still thinks girls have cooties
- Hm, funky timeline here. Hoenn era Ash but Kalos already happened
- Professional help? Hopefully not you, Brock
- Hm, so the dreams are Team Rocket taking revenge it seems
- Why is Harley leading the leader of Team Rocket around? Also seems they got standards as some episodes established
- That is not something to be bragging about, Brock
- It isn't Team Rocket without disguises
- Or the motto
- Just walk away. If only they'd done that more often. I imagine they're just sick of them at this point
- Huh, inspired by an episode of Arthur? Only one I remember is where he hits DW

Interesting little fic you got here. Can't see it going much of anywhere because, competent rockets or not, it is still Team Rocket we're talking of. Certainly interested in peeking in and seeing where it goes should you continue.

Chapter 3: Rocket Power

Ash and company finally arrive at the office of Dr. Proctor, who also happens to be a therapist when he's not caring for Pokemon.

Proctor: Ash, your friends have told me that you've been having unusual dreams lately. Is this true?
Ash: Yeah, I guess so.
Proctor: If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me what these dreams are all about?
Ash: Well, a lot of them are about me being married to this girl I know from Kalos.
Proctor: Are you particularly close with her?
Ash: Sort of...we met each other at Professor Oak's camp a long time ago, and then, when I was traveling in the Kalos Region, she was my companion. And...we kissed.
Proctor: I see. It looks to me like you're afraid of growing up.
Ash: Huh? What's that supposed to mean?
Proctor: Think about it. Why else would you still be on this Pokemon journey after all these years? How old are you, anyway?
Ash: To tell you the truth, I have no idea. It feels like I've been ten forever. Everyone else around me has matured, but I always stay the same.
Proctor: And that is exactly what I'm getting at, Ash. You need to start acting more like an adult.

The Rockets are eavesdropping on them from outside the window, and they get a splendid idea...

James: It seems like the twerp wants to be Peter Pan for the rest of his life.
Meowth: What a dope!
Harley: Well, if he doesn't want to grow up, then let's force him.
(Harley pulls out a sniper rifle)
Jessie: What are you going to do with that?!?
Harley: What I should have done a long time ago! His stupid friend took away something away from me, now I'm going to take away something from him!
James: A brilliant idea! Uh, what is it?
Harley: Isn't it obvious?!? I'm going to kill his Pikachu!
Jessie: That's terrible! I won't let you do that!
[Jessie lunges at Harley and fights for control of the rifle]
Harley: Get off of me!

Elsewhere, Ash, Brock, May, and Max are having a picnic in the woods with their Pokemon. Naturally, the others are all interested in how Ash's appointment went.

Brock: How was your appointment, Ash?
Max: Yeah, did you tell him about your girlfriend???
May: Max, please stop it.
Ash: It wasn't anything special. He just told me to start acting more mature, and maybe those dreams will go away.
Brock: He has a good point. When I was younger, and my parents left me alone with my siblings, I wasn't sure I knew how to be a grownup. But then, after ten years of taking care of them, I got really good at it.
Ash: How is that supposed to help me? I don't have any siblings.
Max: You can't be this stupid, Ash.
May: What did I tell you, Max? Be quiet!
Max: I'll behave.
Brock: Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that growing up isn't as scary as it sounds. You just have to-

Suddenly, everything is interrupted by a loud BANG! Brock's Swampert suddenly falls to the ground, clutching his leg.

Brock: SWAMPERT!!!!!!
Ash: What's going on?!?
Brock: Somebody shot him in the leg! We have to get him to a Pokemon Center, quickly!!!

Harley: Damn, I missed Pikachu and got that Swampert instead!
James: Maybe we would have gotten him if Jessie hadn't messed up your shot!
Jessie: Why would you do that?!?
Harley: We needed to teach that boy a lesson for messing with us!
Jessie: You didn't have to shoot a Pokemon! You know what, that's it. Wobbuffet, come with me. We're leaving!
James: Jessie, where are you going??
Jessie: I QUIT! I don't want to be involved with people who kill Pokemon anymore.
Harley: Oh, but you're totally fine with stealing them?
Jessie: SHUT UP!!!!!!! I'm out of here!
James: Wait, come baaaack! I need your guidance!

But it's no use. Jessie has officially left Team Rocket for good.

Meowth: Ain't dat a kick in da pants? Now we don't have no leader.
Harley: Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I guess I'll have to take over as leader.
Voice: Actually, I think we'll be taking control of things around here.

The voice belongs to Dr. Namba, accompanied, as always, by Butch and Cassidy.

James: Great, it's Butch and Cassidy again. I thought you guys left Team Rocket?
Cassidy: We did, but now that there's no leader, we figured it would be the perfect opportunity to run things our way.
Butch: Yeah, and that sniper attack you just pulled off on those twerps was impressive! I might have to take back all those bad things I said about you, James.
James: Oh, that wasn't me. Harley was the one who did it.
Harley: Hiiiii! Nice to meet you, Bert and Cassidy.
Butch: The name is BUTCH!! It's not so hard to remember!!!
Harley: Whatever.
Namba: Now that I'm in control of Team Rocket, my first order is that we get rid of those disgusting white uniforms and replace them with something a little more tasteful.
Meowth: And what might dat be?

In no time at all, James and Harley are now wearing the same black uniforms as Butch and Cassidy.

Harley: Ewww. these pants make my butt look big!
Namba: Well, you'd better get used to them, because that's what you'll be wearing from now on!
Butch: Better do what Dr. Bumble says. Your life depends on it.
Namba: IT'S NAMBA!!!!

Meanwhile, at the Pokemon Center...

Max: I can't wait any longer! We've been here for two hours and they still haven't given us any updates about Swampert!
May: Relax, Max. I'm sure the doctors are taking their time.
Nurse Joy: I have some good news to report. Your Swampert is going to be all right.
Brock: Oh, what a relief.
Joy: But, it may take a while before you can use him in a battle again. His leg needs time to heal.
Ash: Aw, man. Sorry about that, Brock.
Brock: I can live with it. If Swampert needs a break, then that's exactly what he's getting.

Author's note: Will Swampert be alright? What exactly are Butch, Cassidy, and Dr. Namba planning? And is Ash finally going to grow up? Find out in the next chapter!

Last edited:
Chapter 4: Team Rocket’s Rockin’!

Sometime later, Namba has summoned the rest of Team Rocket. They are rather surprised to see him sitting in Giovanni’s old chair.

Namba: Welcome, loyal Team Rocket agents. I am your new leader, Dr. Namba!
Hun: I thought Giovanni fired you?
Butch: Yeah, but now that he’s gone, Dr. Namba will be calling the shots around here!
Namba: The reason I’ve gathered you all here is to inform you of our updated mission statement.
Attila: Whoo!! Go, team!
Namba: Attila, shut up. Anyway, I’ll have our new recruit, Harley, fill you in. After all, this was his idea.
Harley: Hiiii, everyone! My name is Harley, and the boss and I have come up with this great strategy! From now on, we have to focus all our efforts on defeating Ash Ketchum and his pesky little bunch of brats!
[the audience of Team Rocket members boo upon hearing that name]
Domino: He ruined my plan to kidnap Mewtwo! That kid has got to go!!!
Tyson: I almost captured a Red Gyarados, but he ruined my plans, too!
Dr. Zager: All of my brilliant technology was destroyed by him. Don’t you know how much that stuff cost me to make?!?
Hun: Look, are we all in favor of crushing Ketchum?
All: YES!
Harley: Good. But it’s not just Ketchum we’re after. I also want the head of that evil witch, May! She deserves to suffer for all those times she’s beaten me in the past!

Meanwhile, our heroes are completely unaware of Team Rocket’s evil plans. Brock is keeping a close eye on his Swampert in case of another sniper attack, while May, Max, and Ash have hidden all of their Pokémon (except Pikachu, of course) inside their Poké Balls just to be safe.

May: I’ve never seen Brock look so upset before.
Max: He hasn’t even said a thing about girls since we left the Pokémon Center.
Swampert: Swaaamp…
Brock: It’s okay, buddy. I’m going to find out who did this to you, and when I do, I’m gonna kick him right in the-
[bushes rustle]
Brock: What was that?
Ash: It came from that bush. It’s probably just a Wild Pokémon like a Wurmple or a Zigzagoon.
[Then, out of the bush pops a familiar face…]
Wobbuffet: Wooooobbuffet!
Jessie: Shhh!!! You’ll give us away!
Ash: It’s Jessie from Team Rocket!
Brock: Ugh, we’ve got no time to battle right now. Can’t you see I’m trying to help my Swampert recover?
Jessie: Calm down, twerps. I’m not here to battle.
Max: Then what do you want?
Jessie: I’m here to join you.
[everyone faints]
Ash: You expect us to believe that?!? I fell for it when Meowth joined me in Unova for a little while, but I’m not gonna fall for it again! Besides, we just saw you with the others a few hours ago!
Jessie: Please, hear me out. I’m not interested in causing any trouble. Can you listen to me just this once?
Ash: [sighs] Alright.
Jessie: Good. You see, I had to leave Team Rocket because of that creep, Harley. Something about him just freaks me out! He has a weird fetish for Cacturne, and he refused to even look at my face when I talked to him.
May: Ugh, tell me about it. He still holds a grudge against me for humiliating him all those years ago. Why can’t he just leave that in the past and move on?!? Anyway, what did he do that made you want to leave, Jessie?
Jessie: Where’s the tall twerp’s Swampert?
Brock: Umm, he’s right here. Why?
Swampert: [weakly] Swamp…
Jessie: Oh, thank goodness he isn’t dead!
Brock: What makes you say that? You wouldn’t happen to know who shot him, would you???
Jessie: As a matter of fact, I do. It was Harley!
Brock: WHAT?!!????
May: I knew there was something truly evil about that freak!!! Why didn’t you try to stop him?
Jessie: I did try to stop him, but James and Meowth are in on it too. They were aiming for Pikachu, but I pushed it out of the way at the last second.
Ash: You mean…Pikachu could’ve been hurt???
[Ash suddenly turns intensely angry]
Ash: GRRRRRR, WAIT’LL I GET MY HANDS ON THOSE CRIMINALS!!!! NOBODY TRIES TO KILL PIKACHU AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!!!
Pikachu: Pika! Pikapi!
Ash: [snaps out of it] Oh, sorry, buddy. I got a little carried away there.
Jessie: Now that you’ve heard my story, can you trust me?
Brock: Should we? What do you two think? We could use her help when we get our revenge on Harley.
May: Anybody who’s grossed out by Harley is a friend of mine. I think we can trust her now.
Max: I still have my doubts, but she sounds sincere enough to me.
Ash: Okay, Jessie, you’ve convinced me. You’re now one of the…ahem, “twerps”.
Jessie: Glad to see you’re starting to come around. But I think we need to hide somewhere so Harley and James won’t be able to find us. They’ll certainly try to shoot Pikachu again if they can.
Brock: Hey, how about Alola? Swampert still needs some time to heal his leg, so maybe some nice sea air will do the trick. They’ll never think to look for us there.
Ash: Great idea, Brock! To Alola we go!
Wobbuffet: Wobba!

Back at Team Rocket HQ…

Namba: Now that our chief strategist has written down our plans, it’s time to put them into action. Domino, you’ll be taking care of things here in Kanto.
Domino: Yes, sir, Mister Boss Man!
Namba: Please don’t call me that. Anyway, I’m sending Attila and Hun to Johto.
Attila: Whoo-Hoo! Our old stomping grounds!!!
Namba: Zager, you and Pierce are going to Unova.
Zager: Your wish is our command, sir.
Namba: Sinnoh will be under the jurisdiction of Tyson.
Tyson: Duh, yes, sir!
Namba: Annie, you’re off to Hoenn.
Annie: If you say so.
Namba: Oakley, you’re going to Kalos.
Oakley: That’s fine by me.
Namba: And James and Harley, I’m sending you two to Alola.
Harley: Ooh, I’ve always wanted to visit the Alola Region! James and I are gonna have sooooo much fun!
Butch: Hey, what about us, boss?
Namba: You’ll be commandeering operations from here with me, Butch and Cassidy.
Butch: The name is…oh, you got it right!

Author’s note: So, yeah. Jessie’s now a part of the twerp team. What kind of shenanigans will this lead to? Keep your eyes peeled!

Last edited:
Chapter 5: Vacation's Where I Wanna Be...Or Not (Part 1)

Ash and friends have boarded the next flight to Alola in order to evade Team Rocket. Professor Oak is keeping in touch with updates about the Rocket situation.

Ash: So, what's happening right now?
Oak: You might want to listen to this. I'm detecting a large cluster of Rocket agents gathering outside their headquarters. They must be planning something big.
Brock: Thanks for warning us, Professor. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for them.
May: Hopefully, we won't have to. There's no way they'll find us here!
Max: Oh, I don't know, sis. With Team Rocket, you never know...

Upon landing, our heroes are greeted by Professor Kukui, who has agreed to house them during their stay in Alola.

Kukui: Glad you could make it, Ash. Professor Oak has filled me in on everything.
Ash: Nice to see you too, Professor Kukui. How are my Pokémon doing?
Kukui: I want to surprise them, so I haven't told them you're coming, yet. But I did bring along someone...
Rotomdex: Boop beep beep boop! Ash! I am so glad to see you again!!!
Ash: So am I, Rotom! What have you been up to?
Rotomdex: [puts on wig] Solving mysteries! Alolan Detective Laki has been showing new episodes all week, and I'm not going to miss a single...wait...IT'S ON IN TWENTY MINUTES!!!! WE HAVE TO GET HOME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!
Kukui: Okay, Rotom! No need to worry. We'll get back in time.
May: Your Rotomdex is weird, Ash.
Ash: He's not weird, he's just...enthusiastic.

Later, at the Kukui household...

Kukui: Guess who's here, everyone!
[Ash's Alolan team, who have been sleeping on the floor with Kukui's son, immediately wake up and smother their trainer with affection]
Ash: Guys, not so hard!
Max: Looks like Ash's Pokémon really missed him.
Ash: I'm sure you guys know Brock, but these are my other two friends, May and Max.
Max: Nice to meet-OW!
[Rowlet starts pecking Max]
May: What's the matter?
Max: This little guy is pecking my foot!
Ash: That's my Rowlet. I guess he's really happy to meet you, Max.
[Ash's Melmetal approaches May and points to his back]
Melmetal: Metal?
May: Say what?
Ash: Melmetal wants to know if he can give you and Max a ride on his back.
May: That won't hurt him, will it?
Kukui: Of course not! Melmetal's a Steel Type. He can handle it.
May: Well, okay.
[Melmetal lets May and Max climb on]
Max: Wow, I've never rode on a Steel Type before! This is fun!
May: Yeah, you're a really cool Pokémon, Melmetal!
[Melmetal blushes]
Brock: I hope you won't mind me asking, Professor, but, whose child is that?
Kukui: Oh, that's our son, Lei. He loves when we have visitors.
Ash: Where's Professor Burnet?
Kukui: She's been helping out at Aether Paradise for a few days. You'll probably see her tomorrow.
Brock: Wait, who was watching him when you came to pick us up?
Kukui: Ash’s Pokémon did, of course! They’re really close with him.
[Incineroar winks at Lei]
Lei: Kitty!
Max: Whoa, the baby just said something!
Kukui: Yeah, he’s been learning how to say the Pokémon’s names lately. Now if only I could get him to learn my name…
May: Hey, guys, is it just me, or did we forget something back at the airport?

Elsewhere, Jessie (who was on a different plane) makes her way through town trying to find the twerps. It’s not easy, since Ash didn’t bother giving her directions to the house.

Jessie: This is exactly what I was afraid would happen. Those twerps aren’t going to hear the end of it when I catch up to them!

Suddenly, a familiar face lands in front of Jessie and grabs her.

Jessie: Bewear? I never thought I’d be happy to see you again. Can you take me to the twerps?

Bewear nods her head and runs off towards a nearby beach.

Meanwhile, Ash and the others are relaxing by the shore. Brock and his Swampert are enjoying the cool ocean water. Kukui prepares a nice barbecue, while Lei plays with Ash’s Pokémon. Their peaceful gathering is suddenly interrupted by an out of breath Jessie and Bewear.

Jessie: [panting] Finally…I’ve caught up with you.
Kukui: What’s she doing here?!? She’s one of those criminals from Team Rocket, right?
Jessie: For your information, Professor Kahuna, I’m a good guy now. And I expect to be treated like one!
Kukui: Is this true?
Brock: Yeah. She couldn’t take their increasingly violent attacks anymore, so she left.
Kukui: Well, if you guys say so. But, I still have my doubts.

Back at the airport, another plane lands. This one, however, has James, Meowth, and Harley on board.

Harley: Ooh, we’re finally here! I can’t wait to see those beautiful beaches!
James: No, Harley. That’s not why we’re here! We’re supposed to be taking over, remember?
Harley: But how are we doing to do that when there’s only three of us?
James: Don’t ask me, ask Dr. Mambo! He’s the one who assigned us to this place!
[James’ Rotom Phone rings]
James: Hello?
Namba: IT’S NAMBA!!!!!
Harley: Um, how did he hear you?
Namba: I have eyes and ears everywhere…

And he’s right. A nearby person turns “his” head around to reveal a secret spy camera.

Back at the beach, Kukui’s barbecue is ready. All of the Pokémon dig in while Ash prepares to eat his food.

Ash: Down the hatch!
Kukui: Do you always have to say that before you eat?
Ash: No…but it sure is fun to say it!
Max. Eh, not really.
[May prepares to eat her steak, but Incineroar takes a huge chunk out of it]
May: Hey! What did he do that for?!??
Kukui: I guess I should’ve warned you, May. Incineroar loves to eat, especially when steak is on the menu.
May. Tell him not to do it again! I refuse to eat anything that has cat fur in it!

Suddenly, a strange round object falls on the table. It has a big letter “R” on it, which then disappears and is replaced by a ticking timer, accompanied by a poorly-accented English voice saying, “Bye-bye!” over and over.

Kukui: BOMB!!! GET AWAY FROM THE TABLE, EVERYONE!

Everyone gets away from the table just as it goes KA-BLAMMO!!!!!! Dinner plates and burnt pieces of food litter the beach, and Kukui’s glasses have been blown off by the force of the blast.

Kukui: Is everyone okay?
Brock: I think so. Where’s Ash?
Ash: [muffled] You’re sitting on me, Brock.
Brock: Whoops. Sorry, Ash.
Max: Who would ruin our dinner like that?

In the midst of the smoke, they can just make out some familiar voices taunting them…

Harley: Prepare for trouble, we’ve ruined your dinner!
James: Make it double, now you’ll all be thinner!
Harley: To protect the world from devastation…
James: To unite all peoples within our nation…
Harley: To denounce the evils of truth and love…
James: To extend our reach to the stars above…
Harley: It’s me, Harley!
James: And James, too!
Harley: Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!
James: Surrender now, or you’re in for a brutal fight!
Meowth: Dat’s right!
Mime Jr: Mime mime mime!
James: Hmmm, it doesn’t work as well without Jessie and Wobbuffet.
Ash: What do you guys want? We specifically came to Alola just so we could get away from you!
Jessie: Go away, you two! I told you I’m not part of Team Rocket anymore. How did you find us anyway?
Harley: Look, it’s just a coincidence that you guys happened to be here. Our new boss, Dr. Namba, sent us to take over!
Kukui: Dr. Who?
Brock: He’s a messed up scientist who tortured an innocent Lugia and her baby!
Max: And he tried to make fused versions of Pokémon and sell them to the public!
Kukui: Whoever this guy is, he’s not welcome here, and neither are you. Get off of my property or I’m calling the police.
Harley: Did you hear that, James? He’s gonna call the cops!
James: Ooh, I’m soooo scared! What next, you’re gonna tell your mommy?
Harley: Speaking of mommies, who’s that young man over there?
[Harley is referring to Lei, who’s hiding behind his father]
Kukui: I don’t know what you two are planning, but leave my son out of this.
James: Your son??? Hmmmm, maybe the boss would like an extra prisoner once we capture all of your Pokémon.
Kukui: If you put a single hand on Lei, I’ll make sure to rip your arm off!
Ash: Wow, I’ve never seen the Professor get so angry before.
Rotomdex: He is very protective of Lei, just as a good father should be.
Kukui: Since it doesn’t look like you guys are going to leave willingly, what do you say we have a battle?
Harley: That can be arranged! Go, Cacturne!
James: Go, Carnivine! [CHOMP!] Eeeee!!!! How many times do I have to tell you not to bite me??
Kukui: I could use some help here, kids.
Ash: We’ve got your back, Professor! Go, Pikachu!
Brock: Go, Forretress!
May: Go, Blaziken!
Lycanroc: Roc! Roc!
Brock: Ash, I think your Alolan Pokémon want to help out, too.
Ash: Sure, guys! It’s been a while since I battled with you.
Harley: Are you ready to lose, kiddies?
Ash: I’m always ready!

Author’s note: This is such an eventful chapter that I had to split it into two parts. The next one will see the actual battle, and its horrific consequences.

I should also point out that I initially wrote this story back in 2019, before Sun and Moon’s finale aired. Some parts of it have been updated slightly to reflect that, but you hopefully won’t notice.

Chapter 6: Vacation’s Where I Wanna Be…Or Not (Part 2)

Elsewhere in Alola, Ash’s classmates are at school, where Samson Oak is teaching them about the wonders of Ice-Types. Lillie has volunteered to use her Vulpix, Snowy, as an example.

Samson: That was a very good demonstration, Lillie. I simply adore your VULPIX!
Lillie: Thanks, Principal Oak.
Samson: Another one of my favorite Ice Pokémon is ABOMASNOW!!! As you can see by this chart, there is a big difference between the males and females of the species. The chest fur is larger on the-
[BOOOOMMMM!!!!]
Kiawe: What was that?
Sophocles: Sounds like somebody’s having a battle nearby.
Mallow: Let’s go see what’s happening!

The class heads down to the beach where they see a familiar face in the midst of battle.

Kiawe: Hey, isn’t that Ash over there? I didn’t know he was coming to visit today.
Sophocles: That’s him, alright. And he’s fighting Team Rocket!
Samson: Let’s cheer him on, kids!
Lana: Go, Ash! You can do it!
Turtonator: Turto!
Togedemaru: Maru maru!

James: Well, well, it seems as though you have only one Pokémon left, twerp. That is a shame.
Ash: How did you guys get so strong?
Harley: Oh, you didn’t know? Our new boss, Dr. Namba, put us through strict training before we left. Now we’re a lot more competent than before!
Ash: I’m not done yet! Incineroar, use Darkest Lariat!!
Harley: What’s that?
Ash: It’s a little something I’ve been saving for the right moment!
[Incineroar spins around and creates a fiery tornado, which makes its way towards Harley’s Cacturne]
Harley: No! Stay away from my Cacturne, you big mean kitty cat! Cacturne, use Pin Missiles!
[All of the missiles bounce off of the whirling inferno]
Harley: Grrr, why isn’t it working??!!??
Ash: Because my Incineroar is super strong!

Kiawe: I think Ash might pull this off!
Samson: Of course he will! He’s the champ, you know!

James: No fair! You don’t deserve to keep winning!!!
Ash: Sorry, but that’s life sometimes!
Harley: Alright, I didn’t want to have to do this, but you’ve left me with no choice! Go, Kyogre!!!
Ash: Wait, what?
[Sure enough, Harley pulls out a Master Ball, and out pops Kyogre himself]
Brock: That’s impossible! Where did you get a Kyogre from?!?
Harley: Dr. Namba gave him to me before we left! He instructed me to use Kyogre in case it looked like we might lose.
Ash: But that’s an unfair advantage!
James: It’s just like you said, twerp! That’s life sometimes!
Harley: Use Body Slam! Oh, and I want you to use it on Ketchum!
Ash: No!!!
Max: Ash, look out!

Before Ash can do anything else, Max pushes him out of the way. Kyogre comes crashing down on Max, and stays there for a few seconds before Harley calls him back to his Master Ball. Max is lying there in pain, struggling to move.

May: Max, are you alright?!!???
Ash: This can’t be happening right now. Please tell me this is all just a dream!!!
James: Sorry, twerp, but it’s the truth! Your snotty little friend looks like he’s in real trouble!
May: Ash, I think Max’s back is broken! We’d better get him to a hospital!
[Ash just stands there, motionless]
Kukui: Come on, Ash! Let’s get out of here!!!
[Kukui grabs Ash by the ear and drags him away from the beach]
Harley: Do my eyes deceive me? Is the great Ash Ketchum giving up? Perhaps he isn’t as much of a hero as we thought!
James: That’s right! We finally taught that twerp a lesson!

Later, Ash and his friends have brought Max to the hospital. The diagnosis is a broken spine, along with fractured legs and massive internal bleeding.

May: Is my little brother going to be okay?? Please tell me he's going to survive!
Nurse Joy: Relax, May. His injuries are easily treatable. Unfortunately, he may not be able to walk for quite some time, so he will need to use a wheelchair until he fully recovers.
May: That's just...that's just awful!! I can't believe those monsters would do this to him!
[Samson Oak bursts into the room with Ash's classmates]
Samson: I hope we're not interrupting anything, Nurse Joy.
Joy: No, not at all, sir. Max could use more positivity.
Brock: What are you guys doing here?
Lana: We saw the whole battle. That was very brave of Max to save Ash from getting hurt.
Kiawe: We wanted to wish him well in his recovery. He is going to be okay, right?
Brock: Yeah, but it'll take quite a while.
Lillie: What's the matter with Ash? He's as still as a statue.
[Ash is still completely frozen in the same pose he was in earlier]
Kukui: He hasn't said a single thing since Max got hurt.
May: Ash? Are you okay? Say something!
Pikachu: Pikapi? Pika, pikapi!
Incineroar: Roar?
Brock: Even his Pokemon are concerned about his well-being.
Kukui: I think the best thing to do would be to get Ash home to Pallet Town. He needs some time to process what he's been through today.
Samson: And we'll go, too. That boy needs friends now more than ever...

Last edited:
Chapter 7: Depression and Aggression

A few days have passed, and our heroes have returned home to Pallet Town. Ash has spent this entire time stuck in his room, too depressed to do anything. His friends decide to pay him a visit…

Delia: Thank goodness you’ve come. Ash hasn’t come out of his room at all since he returned home. What in the world happened to him? That’s not the boy I raised.
Professor Oak: This won’t take long, Delia. The kids and I are here to talk some sense into that son of yours. I know he’ll listen to me.

Ash sits in his room, not doing much of anything. His face is still frozen in the exact same expression it was in when they left Alola. Pikachu nuzzles Ash’s cheeks with his nose, while Greninja and Incineroar lay on the floor next to his bed.

Brock: Ash? Are you in here?
[Ash remains frozen]
May: Why won’t you say anything?!? Just tell us what’s wrong!
Oak: Let me handle this, children.
[He walks up to Ash and slaps him in the face. This finally breaks Ash out of his trance.]
Ash: OW! Why’d you do that?!?
Oak: It was the best way to get your attention.
Brock: Ash, we’re all worried about you. You’ve been in here for six days!
Ash: I don’t see a point in continuing on with my journey anymore.
Max: Did I just hear that right? Ash Ketchum is giving up???
May: That’s not the Ash Ketchum I know!
Ash: But you saw what happened last time! Max is stuck in a wheelchair because of me! Brock’s Swampert has a bullet in his leg because of me! I’m giving up so nobody else can get hurt, or worse, killed!
Brock: Ash, you know none of that was your fault. Max got hurt trying to save you! And Swampert only got hurt because Jessie pushed the rifle out of the way at the last second!
Ash: Speaking of Jessie, where is she?
May: Your mom wouldn’t let her inside because she still doesn’t trust her.
Jessie: [from outside] I’m still out here, you know!!!
Ash: Anyway, whatever it is you guys want me to do, you’ll just have to find someone else.
Oak: That’s not going to happen, Ash. Something very serious is going on. In the past few days, Team Rocket has taken over half of the regions of the country!
Ash: Wait, what?!?? How did that happen??!!??
Brock: It’s because you weren’t out there trying to stop them! And I’ve heard that they’ve got an entire army on its way here to Pallet Town!
Ash: Then what are we waiting for?!?? We’ve gotta stop them! Call up all of my traveling partners! We could use some extra help!!!
Max: Now that sounds like Ash!

Meanwhile, at Team Rocket HQ, Dr. Namba is planning his next evil scheme…

Namba: Is the invasion of Kalos still going on as planned?
Grunt: Yes, sir!
Namba: Good. Now where are those three idiots? I have something to show them that I think they’ll really like!
James: Here we are, boss! You called for us?
Namba: I called you here to show you the thing that will ensure our victory!
[He pulls out a box full of small, scroll-like objects]
Meowth: Hey, ain’t dose da anti-ghost stickers dat old lady gave us before?
Namba: They’re called ofuda, and that’s not what their purpose is! You stick one of these onto a Pokémon’s head, and it places them under my control! Allow me to demonstrate.
Meowth: Hey, what are ya doin’? Get dat thing away from-
[Namba places one on Meowth’s head, and he suddenly goes limp]
Meowth: What is your command, master?
Namba: Good, it works! Now I’d better get the rest of them ready!
Harley: What are you going to use those for?
Namba: We’re heading over to Pallet Town! That's where Professor Oak’s laboratory is, and I’m sure there’s a bunch of Pokémon there that I can use these scrolls on!
James: But that’s where the twerp with the Pikachu lives!
Namba: Oh yeah? What’s he gonna do?!? He hasn’t bothered to show his face around here ever since his little friend got hurt! We probably won’t even see him there!!!

Meanwhile, in Pallet Town, Ash and his friends prepare for Team Rocket’s inevitable arrival. The first of Ash’s old traveling companions to show up is Misty, along with her Staryu and Gyrados. Cilan and Clemont arrive shortly after.

Misty: I hope I’m not too late.
Ash: Not at all, Misty. We’re just getting started!
Misty: Is your Greninja here? I’d love to see him again!
Ash: He’s up on the roof, keeping a lookout for Team Rocket.
[Greninja carefully monitors the surrounding countryside. Then he looks down at Misty and gives her a little wave.]
Misty: Aww, he’s so polite!!!
Cilan: I brought Dwebble and Pansage with me. They’re sure to add an interesting taste to this battle.
Clemont: And I brought Dedenne and Luxray!
Ash: Cool, you didn’t tell me your Luxio evolved!
Clemont: We’ve been training a lot lately. He’s a lot more vicious than he used to be!
Brock: Hey, Ash! Dawn and Serena are here!
Ash: Oh no…not Serena. It’s just like I saw in my dream!
Dawn: Hi, Ash! I heard you needed my help! Well, no need to worry, because I brought along Piplup and Mammoswine!
[Ash is facing away from Dawn, his mind clearly focused on trying to avoid Serena]
Dawn: Um, hello? Are you okay, Ash?
Ash: Huh? Oh, sorry, Dawn. Didn’t see you there. Didn’t Serena come with you?
Dawn: Yeah, she’s in the kitchen, talking with your mother.
Ash: Thank goodness…I mean, okay.
Dawn: You sure you’re okay, Ash? You’re acting like a…like a…
Iris: Like a kid!
Ash: WHOA! Where’d you come from, Iris?!?
Iris: Um, I just got here like twenty seconds ago. Your classmates from the Pokémon School were kind enough to give me a ride.
Ash: Good, so we’re all here, then. There’s no way we can lose, now!

Author’s note: So, the final battle is approaching. I should warn you ahead of time that there will be some disturbing moments in the next few chapters.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom