• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Skull Speculation

I wonder if there's going to going to be a superhero outfits because of the Z-Moves because we're going to kill skulls
Sorry, had to make the reference to CoH, but if there anything like the Skulls from CoH, I might like Team Skull
If there's going to be outfits for these poses we need these outfits

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezrbyf6t9mY

Or power rangers outfits lol but skull seem ok I hope they're not just salty about not being captins

well
http://i.********/vp/1470865983270.jpg

also lol
http://i.********/vp/1470866849540.jpg

aaaand
http://i.********/vp/1470867032860.jpg

guess there's more for @Esserise

Taking my part of this conversation over heeeeeeeeeere

Yeah, yeah I think this can work. They're not my favorite grunt designs, but they're not bad. (And can we stop saying that they're pirates, now? They very clearly are not pirates.) I'm really liking Guzma and Plumeria's designs, though. Having the team logo tattooed on them is a pretty fun way to integrate it into their design. Even better than Matt's war paint!

(Actually, I take that last bit back. The war paint was pretty clever.)

Last edited:
i like it, i'm just kinda curious as to how the whole rejects trope is gonna play out in relation to whatever their goals are. i do like their aesthetic. glad they didn't turn out to be pirates because that'd be a bit boring.

If there's going to be outfits for these poses we need these outfits

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezrbyf6t9mY

Or power rangers outfits lol but skull seem ok I hope they're not just salty about not being captins

Thank you for reminding me this exists. ♥ Favorite DBZ group.

I am SO glad these guys aren't pirates. Skull+Crossbones does not make pirates always. Such edge. Amazing logo. Maybe we'll just get a bunch of rebellious guys who wind up accidentally getting the legendary involved instead of actively seeking them out for once.

They look a bit like Juggalos IMO. I want that alternate clown evo for Popplio even more now.

I wouldn't have been surprised if they decided to do away with a villainous team this region, given the other changes in the usual game formula. That being said Team Skull looks...interesting to say the least. They don't look very appropriate for the Alola atmosphere, nor do they look very threatening. I kind of hope that their goals are more in lieu with Team Rocket-saving the world from abused legendaries is wearing thin. Especially from a villainous team looking like this.

I agree with what a few others have suggested so far in that the vibe I get from them, I don't think they are after Solgaleo and Luanala.

So Team Skull is made of members who were rejected from being a trial captain? Guess they want revenge.

http://i.********/vp/1470865983270.jpg

Hehe, I bet they're gonna have the player complete their own island trial.
It might be a retread of Sycamore and Lysandre being acquaintances, but I think Guzma and Kukui have history. My guess is that they were childhood friends and did the trials together, and both failed for some reason or other. Kukui however excepted his failure and followed the path of research, while Guzma decided the island trials are bogus and now devotes his time to disrupt the natural order of Alola. How Solgaleo and Lunaala fit, I have no idea.
As for an artifical trial, I can see it being done in a sadistic perversion out of spite. Final trial of the game being Team Skull ending in a Totem Battle with Solgaleo/Lunaala and the Tapu Four.

So the impression I get is that Team Skull isn't bent on world domination/recreating the universe/altering the planet itself but rather seem focused on Alola itself due to their bitterness over being rejected.

Perhaps they want to overthrow the Island Trial system?

I would like if that was the case because then their plans wouldn't be so grand in scale like of the other teams and that would honestly be quite refreshing.

At first I wasn't quite sure about what to think of Team Skull, but after seeing the Japanese trailer I love them so much. Their ridiculousness reminds me of Team Galactic, which is my favourite team simply for being hilarious. I love how the boss is just chilling during battle and that part where one grunt is talking and another is just making moves in the background. They're perfect.

And like Tsu said, their goal seems more local than just wanting to destroy the whole world or something, which I also love. Just rejected Trial Captains who want revenge, good.

I kinda expected them to use Ghost types, but I guess they're sticking with typical dark/poison type scheme.

Looks like one of the grunts is stood on top of a car in the walled city at one point in the trailer. In fact that scene with the barricades looks like the walled city too.

As a prolific player of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series, I will admit to stunned laughter when I heard the team's name.

Totally not waiting for someone on the team to use a Skuntank...

From the official English site.

Team Skull

In the Alola region, a group of ruffians known as Team Skull causes a lot of trouble. They steal other people’s Pokémon, mess up the trial sites, and delight in all kinds of evil deeds.

Team Skull Boss Guzma
Guzma is the boss of Team Skull who holds these ruffians together. Guzma pours on the attacks, battling without mercy. He certainly does seem strong, but he claims to be one of those who “never could become captains.” He seems to have a bone to pick with Professor Kukui, as well.

Team Skull Admin Plumeria
Plumeria is considered the big sister of Team Skull. She’s a tough lady who keeps Team Skull in line and working together—in the same way a strict older sister would. She seems to care for the Grunts who are below her in the pecking order, and she’s not one to let it go if someone’s given them a walloping.

Team Skull Grunts
Both male and female Team Skull Grunts wear matching black Skull Tanks. And these uniforms aren’t even provided for them—all Grunts have to buy their own!

Back
Top Bottom