• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Skull Speculation

I really wouldn't mind a return of a Team Rocket style villain. Something a little less serious but more willing to do just straight up evil stuff. I don't know why, but Team Rocket has always stuck out to me as the best villainous team in the series.

Or we could go Sailor Moon style and make it a Mythical Magical(Legendary) Enemy released by a Solar Eclipse ala Dead Moon Circus.

Dear Arceus, I hope not.

I think a Team Rocket style villain is in order. We've had too many villain teams trying to control the entire world or re-write the universe... or whatever else. It would be great to have something simpler again for a change.

Team Rocket was more of a crime syndicate as opposed to wanting to change the world. I think I'll agree with some of the previous posts and opt for a Team Rocket like team this time.

We've had teams shared between two games, and we've had teams that differed between games. But what about a team that was different dependent upon the version you played?

For purpose, I'll call them Team Eclipse. In Sun, they plan to use the Sun legendary for their agenda, a permanent solar eclipse. But in Moon, they plan to use the Moon Legendary for a reverse agenda, a permanent lunar eclipse. They may even have different admins, outfits and logos dependent upon the version you play as well.

Personally, I don't mind having another team with loftier or more ideological aims than Team Rocket. I just don't want it to end with me preventing yet another planet-wide catastrophe. Scale it down, Game Freak!

For purpose, I'll call them Team Eclipse. In Sun, they plan to use the Sun legendary for their agenda, a permanent solar eclipse. But in Moon, they plan to use the Moon Legendary for a reverse agenda, a permanent lunar eclipse. They may even have different admins, outfits and logos dependent upon the version you play as well.

That would be interesting, although in regards to the last bit, if they are going so far as to give them different outfits and logos, then it raises the question - "Why aren't we just making two teams?"

Mind you, I prefer your idea to another two-team dynamic. Team Aqua/Magma were very good in their specific circumstances, but in general, I prefer to have only one team to focus on.

I would love if the team wasn't really evil. Note: this is not a BW tease where the intentions are sugar coated to look not evil with a leader that actually is corrupt.

I would love it if there were two teams that opposed one another, but their intention was not to be some over worldly goal that causes mass chaos.

A team around the sun legend and another around the moon legend. Each team's goal is to call upon their respected idolized legendary in order to simply see it and bask in its glory. What exactly is the catch to why the two teams rival one another? The lore behind the legends known to the public is incomplete and gives an improper instruction on how each legend can appear. The implications that the people of the region and two teams know about and believe is that in order to have on legend appear, the other must stay dormant. So the game could play on in that you see people from your game's respective main team and they ask you to help them fight off the opposing team as you delve into ancient areas with clues on how to summon the box legend, for you don't know the truth behind the lore and are caught in the mix of the fighting. The climax of the plot leads to both teams realizing how to summon their respective legends, and they both do such at the same time, only then realizing they were fighting for no reason: in order to summon legendary ###, you must summon its counterpart at the same time. Day and night play with one another in a constant game, just as the legends of sun and moon do. Both legends appear and each team is in awe of their presence. Each legend seeks out the most powerful trainer in front of them to face and allow to be captured...you catch your box legend, but what about the other? Your rival will have been true in his/her nature of opposition and supported the other team, thus, being the one to face the other legend. Then commence a rival battle once you each catch (or kill) the legendary.

No crime, no destroy the world, alter the world, control the world...simply teams that value their legendaries as figures of prestige...

ALSO, to add to the discussion of changing the format of calling them TEAM ### and whatever, since these groups simply adore the lore and legendaries, they could be named like the Sun Clan and Moon Clan or something....almost like if they were the native americans of the region and had a foggy history of what the legends were...

#justmyopinionthough #it'sokaytodisagree

@tyguy723: But then what would be the point of the player fighting them? If they're not doing anything wrong or interfering with something, then there would be no point in confronting them, and there would be no need for them to confront the player.

@tyguy723: But then what would be the point of the player fighting them? If they're not doing anything wrong or interfering with something, then there would be no point in confronting them, and there would be no need for them to confront the player.
It would be happenstance. You would progress through the region like you normally would but simply run into them and get tangled in their messes, and your player character by helping them out the first time would just bring an obligation every further time you bumped into them...

No crime, no destroy the world, alter the world, control the world...simply teams that value their legendaries as figures of prestige...
As interesting as this concept is, what you propose is similar to a holy war. I'm not sure that's something Pokemon wants to tackle.

As interesting as this concept is, what you propose is similar to a holy war. I'm not sure that's something Pokemon wants to tackle.

I'm not sure, IRL is doing a pretty good job of it at the moment...

It honestly wouldn't be that bad since the ending result is that both views are not opposed to one another, but rather they go together... IMO it would be similar to how they made ideals and truth both acceptable at the climax of BW...

I think the Evil team is going to want something to do with either Infinite Energy, or the Alternate Dimension of the pokemon world, or both. Infinite Energy was very important in both XY and ORAS, they are clearly setting up for this game, especially with the hint "It all comes together." The evil team could be capturing pokemon to extract Infinite Energy and/or a legendary that has power over it, or perhaps trying to gain access to a legendary that will let them traverse dimensions and conquer the other world of the original games because the XY/ORAS-verse has mega evolution and the other doesn't. Something like that.

That would be interesting, although in regards to the last bit, if they are going so far as to give them different outfits and logos, then it raises the question - "Why aren't we just making two teams?"

I agree, honestly. But it's a way of linking the games together, by keeping the enemies between them somewhat the same.

Mind you, I prefer your idea to another two-team dynamic. Team Aqua/Magma were very good in their specific circumstances, but in general, I prefer to have only one team to focus on.

The problem with Aqua & Magma is that they are different in all but execution. They both had exactly the same events and base locations in their games. The only thing that really divided them was the Pokemon they used, the Pokemon they sought and the people who were in charge, and the costumes. While that's a significant amount, in terms of gameplay and locations you get to visit/see, it doesn't affect a great deal. This can possibly be remedied to a degree by having them as the same team, but keeping the aesthetic/Pokemon differences.

Imagine a team leader that is like Darvos, lol! Anyway, as long as the bad guys are involved with a legendary then I am all good.

They had no problem with implied genocide/mass extinction. A holy war should be a piece of cake.
holy wars are ambiguous. the mass extinction dealt with in XY would be almost unanimously recognized as bad. i don't think holy war would necessarily be off the table, although it would likely take a lot of Plasma-esque writing which i'd say isn't all that ideal.

holy wars are ambiguous. the mass extinction dealt with in XY would be almost unanimously recognized as bad. i don't think holy war would necessarily be off the table, although it would likely take a lot of Plasma-esque writing which i'd say isn't all that ideal.
Ambiguity is good - this franchise needs more shades of gray. BW was a step in the right direction.

Team Eclipse seems like the obvious name to use. If they don't use it, I will almost be disappointed. Maybe Team Cosmos, Team Orbit, or Team Twilight. What sounds awesome is Team Nocturne but I don't think it will happen.

Back
Top Bottom