• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alolan Ninetales

Who is the fairest of them all?
Reaction score
Johto: A vast, enriching, wondrous region that borders the Kanto region. Today was a special day for many trainers. It was the day that they would start their Pokemon Journey. They were all sent to Newbark Town, and to receive their Pokemon from Professor Elm. Currently, he had just handed some starter Pokemon out to a batch of trainers, and was awaiting the new batch to arrive. Sighing, he wiped the sweat from his forehead as his Espeon sat patiently beside him.

"Athena, I always forget how tiring days like this can be," The man spoke to his partner, "But we should be glad that we have a chance to be a part of the beginning of the journeys these people will take. It's rewarding that we can give them what they need to start, right?" Athena nodded as she used her psychic powers to open the door, her tail swishing slightly due to sensing someone approaching.

Sixteen year old Luna Hunter had arrived from the Hoenn region, rather nervous to start her new Pokemon journey. She wasn't sure what starter she would get or how she would even do in terms of battling the gym leaders. Would she make her father proud? She wondered what her paternal grandparents would say if they were still alive. Many thoughts grazed her mind as she was coming upon the entrance of the lab. For a brief moment, she took a deep breath and stopped. She had to take this all in. Even though she was usually outgoing and free spirited, she was anything but at this point. Last minute jitters had her tugging on the fabric of her white sundress before running her fingers through her curly, black hair. It took a few moments before she regained her composure. With a determined facade, she walked into the lab, uncertain of what would lie ahead of her.

Inside was a teenager of slight under-average height, wearing a long off-white sweater and a pair of grey jeans. She wore her past-shoulder length mahogany hair down, stormy grey eyes holding a slightly anxious gaze as she glanced toward the professor.

Last edited:
"Idiot!" Fully dressed and ready to head for the lab, Summer Snow instead found herself in her brother's room, screaming at him to wake up. She frowned, knowing her brother was a deep sleeper. "Get up you lazy piece of shit!" She shouted again, louder now. This had the desired result, as her brother began to stir.

"Shit Summer... what time is it?" Vance murmured, rubbing his eyes as he sat up, coming face to face with his sister.

"We were supposed to leave..." Summer looked at her watch. "Now."

"Give me ten minutes sis... and put the coffee on?" Vance asked her hopefully.

"Already did." Summer said with a smile, handing her brother a fresh mug.

"You really are the best sis." Vance said gratefully.

"I know I am, I know." Summer was grinning as she left the room.

Eleven minutes later, Vance slid down the bannister, meeting Summer in the foyer. Their mother was there to say goodbye. "You're both going to do great." She said with a smile, kissing both her children on the cheek before they headed out. With smiles, Vance and Summer began their adventure together, heading for the lab to receive their starters.

When the trainers started into the lab, Professor Elm took a deep breath before looking to his Espeon.

"Let's do this," he said to his assistant for the day before turning to the students. "Hello, everyone. Welcome to my lab, and as you know, today is a very important day. Today is the day in which you'll receive your starter Pokemon, and starting your journey as a Pokemon Trainer. This Pokemon will be your partner and a vital part of your life. It will be the stepping stone needed to go after your goals. Before I continue on, you'll be provided with a Pokedex, and five Pokeballs to start. Athena, would you do the honors and give out the Pokedexes?" Nodding, Athena's ruby glowed a deep blue before the array of Pokedexes began to levitate, and it wouldn't be long before each person had one in their hand. This same event occured shortly afterwards, but Pokeballs were given out instead. Then the Espeon had finished her duty, she pranced over to the table where the starters were being held, inside their own Pokeballs.

"So, how do we decide what we're picking?" Luna asked as she looked at the table in which Athena was standing near.

"It's rather simple. You just pick the one you'd like best." Professor Elm, "How about you go first?"

"Oh, um, okay..." she replied, "How do I know what's inside?"

"There's a picture of the starter on top of the Pokeball. So, for example, if we had one with a Pikachu then a picture of a Pikachu would be on the Pokeball." Not really thinking the method was logical, she merely nodded and walked over to the table. Each Pokeball had a sticker on top, determining what Pokemon was inside. Aside from the starters, there were many other Pokemon that would easily be chosen. She actually didn't have any clue on what to pick; however, she saw the Pokeball containing the Vulpix, and she picked up the Pokeball.

"I'm picking the Vulpix," she announced as she backed away from the table, and walking towards the back of the room, watching to see what the others had chosen.

"Alright, who is next?" Professor Elm spoke.

Tabitha herself stepped forward, choosing the only available Dark-type. After releasing the Pokemon from its capsule, she noticed that it was a Poochyena; however, the odd thing, was that it was colored completely different from the offered image on the Pokeball. The curious creature before her was a light gold hue, with dark mahogany accents and icy blue eyes. The image on the capsule, however, depicted a gray and black canine, with dark crimson irises.

"Never thought I'd see a Poochyena all the way in Johto," she remarked to herself, kneeling down to the Bite Pokemon. "Hm. I'm gonna call you Percival."

When Luna looked at her Pokeball, she decided to release the Pokemon inside. However, when she did, her face sank as her eyes widened.There was something wrong with this Pokemon. It wasn't the regular color, but it wasn't shiny either. It was rather small, had blue tails and hair curls as well as tips of her paws, and her fur was snow white. Her eyes also shimmered a bright blue. While it was beautiful, it had to be sickly to look so odd.

"Professor Elm, what's wrong with this Vulpix?" Luna asked nervously as she looked down at the fox. When Professor Elm turned around, his eyes grew large as well.

"What on earth?!" he exclaimed, "I haven't ever seen anything like this before. This is definitely a rather odd mutation due to breeding, but coming up with those colors...she doesn't appear deaf of blind either... I think I've come up with a new discovery! Oh, I can't wait until I tell Mr. Pokemon about this!" upon hearing the commotion the professor was making, Luna wanted to hide her face. Being the center of attention was the last thing she had wanted. She just hid her face and tried to remain looking at the ground. The small Vulpix let out a coo of worry as she rubbed her muzzle against the trainer's leg, worried if she was alright.

Percival had begun to wander about the lab, eventually coming to stare at the odd Vulpix. Sniffing at the fox, the shiny Poochyena tilted his head to the side curiously.

Summer and Vance walked in. Or to be more accurate Summer walked in and Vance skidded to a stop, he having had to jog to catch up to his sister. "Sorry we're late Professor." Summer said politely, smiling to the others who were getting their starters as well. "My brother..."

"Is dashing and charming and needs his beauty sleep." Vance quipped, cutting his sister off. Summer rolled her eyes but got back to the matter at hand. "May I?" She asked the Professor with a gentle grin before grabbing two Poke balls off the table.

"The one in your left hand!" Vance shouted across the room. With a twinkle in her eye, Summer instead tossed the one in her right hand to her brother, who snagged it out of the sky without looking. Both Snow siblings then released their Pokemon, Vance having a Growlithe and Summer having a Charmander.

Vance was immediately tackled by his canine companion, which started licking his face. "Who's a good boy! Who's a good boy!" He cooed, clearly smitten.

Summer let her Charmander hop up onto her shoulder. "Now you're actually a good boy." She was clearly amused at her brother's reaction to his starter.

In the moment of seeing the twins walk in, Luna's attention was soon taken by Vance Snow. Her eyes widened as she just looked at him, much like a school girl with a crush. She also was a timid person in general, so it was difficult to tell if she was anxious due to unfamiliar people or she was just enchanted by the guy. Both the Vulpix and Professor Elm looked rather confused as they looked at Luna, but the former just turned her attention to the Growlithe and Charmander.

"Right, um, anyways, I'll be giving you all a Pokedex along with five Pokeballs. With that, I wish you all the best of luck on your journey!" Professor Elm spoke as he raced to his computer. That was when the Vulpix looked back to Luna, nudging her back into reality. When she looked down at the Pokemon, she bent down to pick it up.

"Well, I would've named you Jon Snow if you were male, but you're not..." she trailed off, "I guess you're a Winter for now. How does that sound?" Winter, while feeling violated that her trainer had to check her gender, was actually okay with the name choice.

"Percival, come on." Tabitha chuckled a little, scooping up the Bite Pokemon just before he was about to snap his jaws around one of Winter's tails. Happy to avoid a catastrophe as such, she rubbed his head in an affectionate manner and managed a faint smile.

"We'd best get going, I suppose." She said aloud to no one in particular, setting her Poochyena back down on the floor. With that, she began moving towards the ingress, Percival eagerly flanking her side.

Summer meanwhile had pulled out her phone. Bending down, she got her brother and his new puppy in the shot, as well as her own Charmander.

"Sis?" Vance asked nervously, knowing what she was doing.

"Smile." Summer cooed before snapping a picture. "Sending this to Mom." Vance sighed. He knew that meant far more than just sending the picture to their mother.

"We should get going." Vance muttered, trying to use Tabitha's suggestion as a way to save him from more photographs.

Winter tilted her head once more before running around and greeting the other Pokemon. At first, she greeted the Poochyena and then made her way to greet the fellow fire type Pokemon. She then looked to the twins and wagged her tails.

"Winter, come back, we gotta go," Luna sighed in embarrassment as she looked to Tabbi, "You have a rather loyal Poochyena there...can she teach my Vulpix how to behave?"

Vance had made his way to his feet, only to see that his new Growlithe had trotted over to greet Winter. "Like father like son." He muttered mostly to himself as he went to corral his new partner. "Come on little guy, we gotta get going." He said before dropping his voice to a whisper. "Or Summer will yell. And we don't like it when Summer yells."

"I heard that brother." Summer said, poking her head up so she could glare at her brother over her phone screen.

"Well.. I don't think obedience works the same with all species of Pokemon.." Tabbi explained with a nervous chuckle, "but, doesn't mean we can't try." She added in a hopeful tone. "Could I ask your name?"

"Oh, my name is Luna," The black haired teen replied, "The Vulpix...is named Winter. May I have your name?"

Winter yipped in greeting before walking over and sniffing Vance an then making her way over to Summer. She noticed her trainer talking to someone else, but paid her no mind and was focused on the group in front of her.

"My name is Tabitha, and this little guy here is Percival." She introduced herself, offering a kind smile to the other trainer. The golden Bite Pokemon gave a yip, curiously prodding Luna's shin with his snout.

"Aww, well hello Percival," Luna smiled as she looked at the Poochyena.

Winter was just ready to go, so with a yelp, she took off. She ran out of the lab, hoping her trainer would follow. Luna saw Winter leave and just groaned. "Dammit, Winter! Get back here!" she then looked to Tabitha, "My apologies. I gotta go catch this little shit."

"Guess we don't really have a choice," Tabitha remarked to Percival with a chuckle, the two taking after the group in no particular rush.

When Luna ran outside, she saw Winter running towards route 29, but the Pokemon stopped at the edge of town and tuned around. Looking to Luna, she yipped happily, glad that she had gotten her trainer out of the lab. In all honesty, she hated being cooped up in that lab with Professor Elm.

"Vul," she called out with glee, not caring about how angered or frustrated her owner was. Luna groaned and looked to Tabitha, and the Snow sibling.

"I'm so sorry about this..." she apologized, "I didn't quite expect her to run off like this. You have no idea how embarrassed I am over all of this..." Winter trotted past Luna and back to the Poochyena that belonged to Tabitha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom