• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Team Yell Leader Speculation

Reaction score
Since the emo-themed Team Yell is unveiled, we are hype to see who is their leader.

(Agent of) SHIELD
Reaction score
I also think there might not be a traditional team leader. Marnie is doing the gym challenge for a hidden reason, and Team Yell helping her (I read they obstruct everyone else that's doing the challenge) must be orchestrated by the Big Bad. But it therefore feels like the Big Bad won't be part of Team Yell in the traditional sense.

Reaction score
I don't think they are actually an evil team since they are Marnie's fanbase. The fact they put Team in their name could make them the worst "evil" team in pokémon.

Eye of the Swan
Reaction score
You know, the fact that the description says that they do anything they can to aid their favorite and obstruct anyone who tries the Gym challenge really intrigues me. It would be very interesting if they actually affected the gameplay in some significant way, like maybe attacking your Pokémon from the sidelines by throwing items or supporting Marnie by using healing items on her Pokémon.

Basically, they could take some notes from the audience feature in "Paper Mario: The Thousands Years Door", where there are some members of the audience that hinder/support either the main characters or the enemies depending from the overall performance. It would be a cool mechanism, I'd say.

Reaction score
I theorised that they have no true leader and are grouped into cells or clubs based off location. There is a person who created them to spite Marnie in my theories, however. And this person feeds off the chaos they create.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
I kind of doubt Team Yell will have a leader. They're not even really a 'team', just a group of obsessed fanboys and fangirls.

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score
Not sure if that would work, seeing how they failed to do something like this in XY.
That was a joke. As soon as I read “Yell Leader”, I thought of the Texas A&M yell leaders.

El_

Reaction score
I'm almost inclined to think there won't be one, since they're a fanbase rather than a formal criminal enterprise. Marnie herself might be their de facto "leader," which would be kind of a cool shift from the usual formula.
While I don't think they are the main antagonist, I do agree that it would be best if there is no informal leader aside from who they are groupies for at the given moment.

Real question is there a place for Admins? Perhaps like Plumeria was for Team Skull, a more informal approach.

I'm your little bug pal
Reaction score
Since they are basically a fan club I would imagine a council with a president as the leaders. That would seem the best for them.

the plasma pokemon
Reaction score
Marnie has some kind of control over them from what we've seen from the trailer, so I'm thinking it's someone related to her in some fashion.

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
Watch it be Marnie's ex-boyfriend who can't get over her. :LOL:

Reaction score
Again, the vengeful childhood friend, who is himself a pawn of something far greater, and far more dangerous.

"Stop winning!" "Make me!"
Reaction score
I bet there's no formal official leader but someone could take advantage of them and their fanaticness.

Arceus knows it's happened in real life.