• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Team Yell Leader Speculation

I also think there might not be a traditional team leader. Marnie is doing the gym challenge for a hidden reason, and Team Yell helping her (I read they obstruct everyone else that's doing the challenge) must be orchestrated by the Big Bad. But it therefore feels like the Big Bad won't be part of Team Yell in the traditional sense.

I don't think they are actually an evil team since they are Marnie's fanbase. The fact they put Team in their name could make them the worst "evil" team in pokémon.

You know, the fact that the description says that they do anything they can to aid their favorite and obstruct anyone who tries the Gym challenge really intrigues me. It would be very interesting if they actually affected the gameplay in some significant way, like maybe attacking your Pokémon from the sidelines by throwing items or supporting Marnie by using healing items on her Pokémon.

Basically, they could take some notes from the audience feature in "Paper Mario: The Thousands Years Door", where there are some members of the audience that hinder/support either the main characters or the enemies depending from the overall performance. It would be a cool mechanism, I'd say.

I theorised that they have no true leader and are grouped into cells or clubs based off location. There is a person who created them to spite Marnie in my theories, however. And this person feeds off the chaos they create.

I'm almost inclined to think there won't be one, since they're a fanbase rather than a formal criminal enterprise. Marnie herself might be their de facto "leader," which would be kind of a cool shift from the usual formula.

While I don't think they are the main antagonist, I do agree that it would be best if there is no informal leader aside from who they are groupies for at the given moment.

Real question is there a place for Admins? Perhaps like Plumeria was for Team Skull, a more informal approach.

Marnie has some kind of control over them from what we've seen from the trailer, so I'm thinking it's someone related to her in some fashion.

Watch it be Marnie's ex-boyfriend who can't get over her. :LOL:

Again, the vengeful childhood friend, who is himself a pawn of something far greater, and far more dangerous.

I bet there's no formal official leader but someone could take advantage of them and their fanaticness.

Arceus knows it's happened in real life.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom