• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Teams for games you didn't play, or want to play in the future

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Hi, guys. Sometimes we skip Pokémon games because we don't have money or because it's not to our tastes, but sometimes our imagination goes wild and plans teams for those games anyway. So in this thread you can share those. Besides the main series games, you can also post your non-existent Colosseum/XD teams, your unused Mystery Dungeon pairs, etc.

My first case was with White. In early 2012 I planned to have Tepig, Simisage, and either Musharna or Reuniclus and Snivy as my starter in White 2. However, due to money problems I only ended up getting White 2 and my team ended up being Emboar, Reuniclus, Jellicent, Unfezant, Leavanny and Lilligant.

Another example is Let's Go Pikachu. My plan was (or is?) Pikachu, Victreebel, Blastoise, Alolan Sandslash, Nidoqueen and maybe Arcanine (too popular for my tastes). I might get the game someday if it has a very low price.

Diamond & Pearl are the only main series games I've never played. Were I to do so, I would probably pick Pearl and run with Infernape, Mismagius, Gastrodon, Roserade, Drapion, and Staraptor (though I'd rather not since I've used a Staraptor many times before, but goddddddddd DP's Dex is just so shit)

If I were to change my mind about SwSh (which is unlikely), I'd use Sirfetch'd, Flapple, Runerigus and Gigantamax Butterfree. The last two slots could go to DLC forms and/or old Pokemon.

Recently I have actually started to like some of the Gen 5 designs more (which was one of my least favorite generations design-wise for a long time, still kind of is, but less so now), but idk if I want to spend the money on a new copy of BW or BW2, so this is the team I would do if I did.
Seperior, Liepard, Zebstrika, Swanna, Sawsbuck, Chandelure

I've always wanted to play the Orre games. I could buy a Gamecube and a copy of each, but the games alone are expensive, never mind a console and everything else I'll need ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Colosseum: Feraligatr, Hariyama, Flygon, Absol, Houndoom, Espeon.
XD: Dodrio, Hitmonlee, Claydol, Walrein, Magneton, Snorlax
No real theme, just available Pokemon I thought would be good.

As for SwSh, I already posted this team in the gen 8 forum. It's more of a hypothetical party in the unlikely event that I buy the games:
Inteleon
Corviknight
Obstagoon
Centiskorch
Grimmsnarl
Dragapult,

Last edited:
I've always wanted to play the Orre gamea. I could buy a Gamecube and a copy of each, but the games alone are expensive, never mind a console and everything else I'll need ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Colosseum: Feraligatr, Hariyama, Flygon, Absol, Houndoom, Espeon.
XD: Dodrio, Hitmonlee, Claydol, Walrein, Magneton, Snorlax
No real theme, just available Pokemon I thought would be good.

I played Colosseum back in the day and really enjoyed playing, but the teams are suuuuper limited because of the cleansing process and the lack of wild battles. I actually completed about 90% of the game with ONLY Umbreon and Espeon (who I love, so no biggie), but obtaining/using most of the other available Pokémon, which are limited, is very difficult during the main story line.
Not sure about XD, but I would like to play at some time (I have a GameCube, just need the game.)
-My team would be: Espeon or Umbreon, Dusclops, Magmar, Scizor, Aggron, Flygon

While I was playing HG and Isshu games were already out, I imagined the nicknames for a Grass-only team. In the end and after obtaining B2, I didn't used the nicknames but the team members I did.
At the moment, I'm wanting to either start a Pearl or White walkthrough with Poison-only Pkmn and imagining I'm one of Team Rocket trio (Jessie or James) with Weezing, Crobat, Drapion, Arbok, Tentacruel and Roserade or Victreebel.

I've never played any of the Generation VI - VIII games, but I'd like to play through X with a team of Chesnaught, Mega Charizard X, Heliolisk, Sylveon, Clawitzer and Aegislash, Y with Greninja, Hawlucha, Dragalge, Talonflame, Mega Venusaur and Klefki, Omega Ruby with Swampert, Breloom, Gardevoir, Manectric, Exploud and Salamence, and Alpha Sapphire with Sceptile, Milotic, Aggron, Absol, Armaldo and Mega Altaria. I'd also like to play through the Hoenn games with monotype teams (Water, Flying, Ground, Psychic, Poison, Grass (Alpha Sapphire) and Dragon) and Y with a team of only pseudo-legendaries. Not sure about the Generation VII and VIII, though, as there are too many things I can't stand about them.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom