• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tech Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: Downgrading to Windows 8/8.1 or 7 is not an option, nor is using an ethernet connection instead of wi-fi. Please don't recommend either, I have my reasons.

I can't get Windows 10 to recognize/show my wireless adapter, no matter what I've done. Already tried disabling all other network adapters first before installing the latest driver from their website, and then rebooting, nothing happened. I've also tried going thru device manager and updating it that way, won't even let me update and it can't find drivers automatically.

Please can someone here help me figure out what the problem is with my wireless adapter and make it work/show up on my computer?

My PC's Specs
CPU: AMD A10-7890K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3HP ATX FM2+ Motherboard
Graphics/Video: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (Integrated)
Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Audio: AMD High Definition Audio Device (Integrated)
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter
Monitor: Dell SE2416H 23.8" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor
Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech - MK345 Wireless Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse

Speccy Info:
YRDkB1N.png

Something's off with my Wii Classic Controller. Whenever I use the left analog stick and make my character stop, for some reason the left analog stick suddenly makes everything go left, sometimes once, sometimes twice or multiple times. For example, if I move my character and make them stop in a certain position, the character suddenly turns to the left. Whenever I try to buy seeds in my game, if I move the stick down and suddenly stop, it'll go left, suddenly saying that I want to buy 99 seeds. I don't know if I accidentally did something to it or not. It wasn't doing this before.

So...I found out the Wii Virtual Console is going to close down in 2018. I only have a Wii U and can access the Wii Shop from the Wii menu on there. Is it possible to transfer games from the Wii VC to the Wii U VC with just the Wii U? I want to transfer games I downloaded on there to my Wii U's menu, namely Secret of Mana and Harvest Moon: My Little Shop, both of which aren't officially available on the Wii U's VC. Is this possible?

@Juliko
I believe that you can only transfer Wii Virtual Console games over that also have an equivalent Wii U Virtual Console version available, and even then I think you'd have to pay a small fee to do that as well. That said, you'll still be able to play any games that you've downloaded from the Wii Virtual Console... you just won't be able to re-download them or buy any more games from the Wii Shop after a certain date. If you haven't already seen it, more details can be found on this page.

Okay so I finally updated Google Chrome to the current version because I was many many updates behind. I forgot my computer is terrible virus ridden so after the update, every four minutes or so two new Chrome windows open up. Even if Chrome itself is not open at the time. So I uninstalled Chrome entirely and then reinstalled it. Still happened. So I installed the free version of Malwarebytes and did a scan. Found many many many identified threats and had them quarantined then removed. So cool all that stuff is gone so I go and open chrome and I get pop up that says its blocking the homepage website which it says is "Conduit" but that is not true. So I go and delete that stuff manually and then re try Chrome. Still get the pop up about "Conduit". So I try to uninstall and reinstall Chrome again and the problem still persists. Including the two extra windows thing. So from what Google tells me my computer thinks "Conduit" is an extension on my browser and that that is probably whats causing my problem with Chrome's extra windows. Anyone have any suggestions on anything else to try?

Recently, my 2DS has been exhibiting some problems.

*Please keep in mind this happens around ten minutes of gameplay after I fully charge it.

The problem started occurring while playing Pokemon Moon. Simply put, the 2DS doesn't seem to be able to handle battle scenes anymore. When I'm in a battle, the battery turns red, blinks threateningly, and even causes the system to power off if I can't end the battle soon. However, when I get out of the battle fast enough, the light turns blue as if nothing has happened. I had to give up completing Battle Tree in Moon because it threatened to break my winstreak so much through blinking red like mad in battles.

The weird part is that in Pokemon Ultra Sun, the battery threatens to turn off in the overworld and changes into blue when I enter a battle. I don't know why this is supposed to happen in the complete opposite way.

I don't know if this is a warning sign that the battery is about to die soon, or if I just need to adjust some settings. I'm trying to find a store that sells 2DS batteries just in case, but for the time being, I'd really like to know if there's any way to save battery time even for the slightest.

I recently had to replace my 3DS battery and what it was doing was as soon as it would turn solid red it would start blinking within like 5secs and then turn itself off about 10sec later. Now, that's not the same as what yours is doing but ever since I replaced the battery it's been fine. Batteries are pretty cheap so probably worth it to just buy a new battery.

As for saving the battery I guess you could just leave it plugged in whenever you're using it or know you're going to use it for the bits it gets finicky in?

So...I recently bought a Super Nintendo (SNES) and I want to play it...but it doesn't seem to display anything on my TV. I put in all the AV cables, made sure the light on the SNES turned red, and put it on the Video input on my TV. No game footage on the TV. For clarification, I have a small black flatscreen Haier TV. Do I need to get one of those HDMI to AV converters or something? Because I bought some games for it and I want to be able to play them. Thanks in advance!

@Juliko
You shouldn't need anything particularly fancy to connect a SNES to a modern TV, assuming that said TV has the right inputs. That said, what kind of inputs does your TV have exactly (they should have names in the back)? Also, what kind of cable is connected to the TV from the SNES? Is it a single thick cable, or a trio of yellow, red, and white cables? And finally, what's the exact name of the video mode that you're trying to use the SNES on (VIDEO, AV, COMPOSITE, or some variant of those)?

On another note... I think that you mentioned having a GameCube at one point? I don't know if you've already tried this, but the AV cable for the GameCube can actually be used with the SNES, too. If you have already tried using that, though, then I'm not exactly sure what I can recommend next because that should - in theory - work perfectly, but hopefully some more information will allow me to help you a little bit better.

You shouldn't need anything particularly fancy to connect a SNES to a modern TV, assuming that said TV has the right inputs. That said, what kind of inputs does your TV have exactly (they should have names in the back)? Also, what kind of cable is connected to the TV from the SNES? Is it a single thick cable, or a trio of yellow, red, and white cables? And finally, what's the exact name of the video mode that you're trying to use the SNES on (VIDEO, AV, COMPOSITE, or some variant of those)?

The inputs/video modes in question are TV, Video, Component, PC, DVD, HDMI, and the like. No AV, and I have a trio of yellow, red, and white cables. It's weird because my GameCube and Playstation 2 work perfectly on it, and on Video input, which makes it all the more strange.

On another note... I think that you mentioned having a GameCube at one point? I don't know if you've already tried this, but the AV cable for the GameCube can actually be used with the SNES, too.

Really? Huh. I had no idea. I'll try that and see if that works!

Update: It worked! Woohoo! Thanks!

Oh great. My SNES works perfectly the past few days, but then I have to unplug it because my mom wanted to put a new table under the TV. I plug the SNES back in, and the red light won't turn on! I checked the AV cables (IThe ones from my GameCube), they're all plugged into their designated places. I checked to see if they still worked on my GameCube and they did, so I don't think the AV cables are the problem. I plugged and unplugged the AC Adapter. The SNES still won't turn on. I don't get it! What the heck happened?

Edit: Never mind. I got it to work again. I accidentally pressed the black switch thing in the back of it.

Last edited:
Is it normal for the Switch's right joycon's battery to drain faster then the left? It been telling me that the right joycon's battery is low when I had been playing Splatoon for hours. Is it because every time I wake up the switch from falling asleep, I had been pressing a button or moving the analog stick of the right joycon.

@Kirby4ever
Sorry for the very late response, but if you're still thinking about this, there's unfortunately not much that I myself know about this problem except that you're definitely not the first person to experience it. That said, many people in the forums I've browsed through have suggested - among other things - that some games may use the right joycon more than the left joycon and vice versa, which sounds like a fairly reasonable explanation to me. And if that's indeed the case, then I don't think there's really a direct fix for that, I'm afraid...

Anyone know anything about Bitlocker? I did a Windows 10 update which prompted a dell update. After my laptop restarted I get locked out by a Bitlocker recovery screen. If I click the more options button and choose "skip this and head to windows" I get looped back to the Bitlocker recovery screen. Now I have the stupid key it wants me to type in but, every time my computer turns off then on I start back on the Bitlocker Recovery screen. I don't want to have to enter this long stupid key each time I turn my comp on. :cry:

So I updated Windows 10 the other night when I shut down my laptop, and when I finally turned it back on today, the update had, of course, applied itself. However, it also removed my ability to access my desktop without having to go through File Explorer, and my Start menu comes up as a full screen. From what I'm hearing, it's similar to tablet mode, but I've checked the settings for that and I don't have those activated. I also checked to see if Start was changed to full screen, and it wasn't. Not sure what else could be causing it, and Google hasn't been too helpful either (other than the tablet mode and Start menu on full screen stuff I already checked and ruled out). Willing to go back and reverse the update (if it's relatively simple to do), but if there's an easier fix, I'd appreciate it.

Also attaching an image in the spoiler below so there's a visual for what I'm trying to convey here.

fofWE0k.png

Thanks for any help I get!

EDIT: Seems to have fixed itself, so never mind on this!

Last edited:
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me why my new Blu-Ray player keeps randomly adjusting the brightness settings of every disc I put in. My dad got me a BDP-S3700 Blu-Ray player for my birthday, and it works fine. But for some reason, whenever I play my blu-ray discs on it, during the movie, the picture quality will dim out of nowhere. I can't find any brightness adjustment settings on the properties, and I've adjusted nearly every setting on there I can find and it still hasn't rectified the problem. This doesn't happen when I use Netflix or YouTube on it, so I have no idea why this is happening. Or is it something related to just my TV? Can someone help me with this? I'd really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom