• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Psychic Mystery Dungeon Adventure! (Cian & Magical Doughnut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Celebi

Aimless Traveler in Space and Time
Reaction score
I spent the better part of an hour trying not to be overly giddy with excitement (but failing). After about an hour of research, (and many more of procrastination) I think I just discovered an amazing treasure, not too far away, I immediately started trying to create a psychic connection with my BFF Gardevoir. But I may have used the wrong technique, because before I knew it, I sent a chair flying into the wall, cracking it. I quietly swore to myself, my mom's gonna be pissed. All the better reason to leave on an amazing adventure of wonder and dreams. Alright, trying again... Well there goes my bed, and my desk, and part of the wall.

My dark, gothic room was a disaster area, but I think I finally established a connection. Alright, time to be cool, I cleared my thoughts, before triumphantly proclaiming, "Gardevoir! I made an important discovery! Come down to the dungeons of my black despair, and I can assure you, we will be very rich!" I was feeling all jazzed up now, I totally pulled off being cool!

"Sorry but your what? Are you talking about your Mom's basement? Also about the discovery is it another Oran Berry fetch quest that pays about 100 poke?? And if not is what you are planning to do doing legal?" I hope I didn't go over kill with the questions again, I just really don't want to be pulled into another Oran Berry time waster that doesn't make enough money for a days worth of food.

I sighed, just once she could play along. "Yes, my mom's basement, but that's beside the point, yes, it's an Oran Berry fetch quest, if your definition of Oran Berry is "large amount of treasure from an ancient race, probably worth a lot by now". Last time I checked, treasure hunts are completely legal. Think about it! We'll be able to pay for anything we want, better houses, better items, repairs to my room, the world itself! Alright, probably not the last one, but still! I promise you won't regret this!" I'm probably exaggerating a bit, but who cares? It will still net us a good amount of money, and I'm sure that she finds our little adventures as fun as I do.

Sarcasm noted, I will pay her back for that later. "How exactly did you come by this information?" I hope she found a credible source rather then a vision.

I paused for a moment to remember, I found an old map in a dungeon I explored once, and I had a few visions to help along the way, Gothoritas are good at that after all. Scrolls are credible sources right? I shrugged it off, my visions are almost always right... Except last week, and the week before, and a few before that... Either way I feel good about this one! "I found a scroll, and then had a few visions from the future. It's not too far away, and it seems to be in an area full of Fighting Pokemon, so it shouldn't be too hard."

"Are these like your other visions of the "Future"? And where did you find this scroll? And you do know that a lot of fighting type Pokemon learn dark type moves right?" I am just digging for excuses not to go at this point, she has led me on so many fruitless missions.

I bit my lip, I was starting to get the impression that she didn't want to go, but I quickly bottled up that thought, I mean, we're friends, friends like looking for reasons to hang out right? I took a moment, thinking about how she was actually my only friend, like, ever... I quickly perked back up, I can't dwell on this! My species (Gothorita) is a bit somber by nature, but I won't be like that! "Look, I'll admit, I don't have a 100% accuracy with my future readings, but please, trust me on this one. If there are Dark types out there, I'm sure you'll be able to kick their asses with a Fairy type move, and if you must know, an old merchant sold it to me, and I had a good feeling about it, I know it sounds cliche, but I swear! That's really what happened!"

I looked around my room again, yeah, I am totally getting grounded if I don't get the money to fix this. But hey, I'll stay positive, and hope that I am right about this one.

Last edited:
"Fine, I will go if only to make sure that you don't get the crap kicked out of you. I will teleport there in a second." I teleported into her mess of a room, and noticed that all of her room was torn apart so I asked "What the hell happened in here? It looks like a bunch of Machamp tore up your room."

Hm, she seems a little more mad than usual, I probably just caught her on a bad day, and I will ignore her implying that I couldn't do this alone, it's probably because I haven't evolved yet after all. "It was a little hard connecting to you." I excitedly jumped to my feet, "But enough about that, Gardevoir! Great to see you again!" I threw my hand out for a handshake, mostly because I felt she would get mad if I went in for a friend hug. "Glad you could make it! Here's the scroll I talked about." I handed her a scroll filled with strange letters and ciphers, but completely translated because I'm awesome. The message was telling us to go to a mountain about a mile or two away, and that there would be a dungeon there, and at the end, an amazing treasure. "So, what do you think?"

"I think you could use a little more practice with your psychic powers, you tore apart your room trying to establish a psychic link to talk to me." I awkwardly shook her hand, who even greets people with hand shakes anymore? What is this Kanto? the Draconoid era? I took the scroll from her hand and studied the map before I realized that I couldn't read any of this, it looked like she tried to write notes but the writing was so crude that I couldn't even read it so I pretended to study it for a while so she wouldn't be offended and then said "Sure, looks good let's go." I really hope that I didn't make the wrong choice.

(Writers note: The Draconoids are from about 2000 years ago in the Pokemon time line.)

"Fair enough." Admittedly, I did need to work on my Psychic powers a bit. But who cares? We can finally start another adventure! I used my psychic powers to grab the essential supplies (seeds, berries, etc.), and a decent amount of money I saved up from prior adventures, you never know when we could run into another merchant. I started running to the door, "Alright, let's go!" I tried using my powers to open it, but I was a little too slow, so I still ran into it a second before it opened, knocking myself to the ground. I lied there for a moment, before getting up, yelling back to Gardevoir, "I'm okay!", and quickly made my way outside.

"You do know that you could teleport us there because you know where it is.... Actually on second thought I would rather not be blown up in your attempt to teleport." I followed her out the the door.

I think Gardevoir said something, I wasn't sure, I was too busy sprinting to the mountain. I wish I was ready to try teleporting, but I'm not, so I'm stuck running like a pleb. I passed the time thinking about how amazingly legendary this discovery will be, and maybe Pokemon will stop thinking of me as a crazy conspiracy theorist, even though our government is totally spreading powderized Doom Seeds in the air.

I finally arrived, and looked around for a second, I kind of expected Gardevoir to just teleport here, I left clear instructions on the map, before shrugging it off, she probably decided to travel with me. In that case, I should probably apologize about just running off without her. Soon I found what I was looking for, there was a crack, just big enough for us to fit in on the side of the mountain. I just had to take a moment to compose myself, we might be the first Pokemon to discover this place, we will go down in history, we will be famous, Pokemon will take me seriously. This was just getting better and better.

I love being able to teleport to her location every few minutes to save myself from walking, walking that far would have been tiring. "Are you sure that is the right place? It looks like it is infested with Zubat"

"I'm positive this is the right place, I wrote everything you need to know in the scroll, remember?" I chuckled at her pessimism, as she would be singing a different tune by the time we were done here, and, being completely honest with myself, I sometimes feel like she doesn't always take me seriously, I know it's ridiculous, but sometimes I can't help but wonder. Maybe this adventure will be enough for me to prove myself. But enough about that, her reaction will probably be incredible! I just can't wait anymore! I turned to Gardevoir, yelling, "First one inside's the winner!" I leapt through the entrance, shouting, "Geronimo!", before landing on the first floor of the dungeon, I yelled out, "I win!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom