• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
Way too humanoid for my tastes. It’s basically a furry. Which is disappointing, because I had high hopes for Scorbunny.

Meh. It’s not the worst baby Pokémon. I prefer Pikachu and Raichu by a long shot though.

Espeon.

Last edited:
Just let me clear the ol' browser history and...
Reaction score
All it has going for my personal feelings towards it is Pokemon Colosseum nostalgia and that it's the cattiest-looking Eeveelution. That's it.

Gumshoos

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
It doesn't look very detective-like, which is a shame because it's kinda a neat idea on paper. I mean, I can see the vague resemblance, however, the color scheme really ruins it. I think Gumshoos and Yungoose were kinda screwed over by the fact that they're the "day" counterparts to Alolan Rattata and Raticate. I get that Rattata and Raticate are the "criminals," hence why they're associated with the night, but still. The bright yellow and tan doesn't exactly suggest "detective."

Hoenn Linoone.

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
It's the last final evo of the regional rodent that I actually like. Still, it's kinda meh design. I prefer Galarian Linoone to it.

Heracross

Reaction score
It's one of those Pokemon that I remember liking but the magic eventually faded away to indifference. It doesn't help that I think its Mega looks ugly.

Palossand

if on the day i die i turn and look at my life..
Reaction score
a sand castle that has fucked up lore and is the first in the trend of concept art of pokemon killing pikachu? 10/10.

Banette

"relaxing time before going to sleep"
Reaction score
its ok for a comedic ghost, not for a super scary one like the ghosts I have experienced before

Trevenant

running on a loop
Reaction score
Spooky tree is spooky, but that's about all I have to say about it.

Eternatus

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
It's certainly not my favorite legendary Pokemon, but it's pretty neat. It's got a cool typing and an interesting design. Honestly it almost gives me ultra beast vibes with its weird skeleton.

Virizion

running on a loop
Reaction score
virizion wireless Doesn't really stick out to me, tbh. The only really notable thing about it is its meme worthy name.

Gyarados

how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
funny thing, i actually used to heavily dislike gyarados! i think this is due to liking more cute pokemon better, so i wasn't a huge fan of its design. but using it in battle back in the day made me appreciate it a lot more. :>

hitmontop

Reaction score
Wait. Didn't I already do this one? Or was it on a different thread?
Well anyway. This thing is... unmemorable. Well, the rest of the line is just as uninteresting in my view, anyway. The beta version is somewhat more interesting, but not enough that I'm clamoring over it. So.. yeah, pass.

Araquanid

Call of Fate
Reaction score
It is alright, I likе it bеttеr than Golisopod.
Dragapult

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
I've flipflopped a bit on this Pokemon. There's just some aspects of its design that I just can't get behind, even though it's a cool Pokemon overall.

Garchomp.

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Looks cool and hits hard, but its Mеga is dumb.
Silvally

Wielder of Toxic Smoke
Reaction score
I like how it's very versatile in-game. When I use it, I change its type before Max Raid Battles so that it always has a type advantage against the raid Pokémon. It looks cool, too.

Zeraora

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
A little too much furbait for my tastes. Cool shiny though.

Zoroark.

Call of Fate
Reaction score
A much coolеr Dark-typе fox than Thiеvul. Its ability is amazing, too. Shamе it is so disappointing compеtitivеly.
Donphan

how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
i think donphan is actually kinda underrated, and it's rather unfortunate because while i think it's rather cool, it's also not an easy 'mon to obtain because it hasn't been available since XY. :<

scizor

Space rock
Reaction score
Pretty cool but I think it's a downgrade from Scyther. Pincers just don't compare to sword hands.

Reuniclus