• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

I love Metagross! I remember first seeing it in the Battle SIM intro in Gale of Darkness. Its design and Pokédex entries easily make it one of the coolest pseudo-legendaries IMO, and it's one of the reasons why I like the Steel type so much too. I find it can be kind of hard to use properly on a team, but that's probably just me.

Jolteon?

My favorite Eeveelution, favorite Electric-type, and favorite Pokemon period. I love this precious spiky puppy-cat-fox-rabbit thing. It's cute, it's cool, and it hits fast and hard. It helps that it also happens to be the first Electric-type I ever trained (and it was in Gale of Darkness too, funnily enough), so that's probably why I got such an attachment to it.

Glastrier

.....Eh. It's not bad, just... underdesigned? I know, pretty rich of a criticism given just how overdesigned Legendaries really tend to be, but like... The asymmetrical aspects of its design is cool, but couldn't it have been more to it than a white horse with ice on top of it? Like, what if its a freaking skeletal, dessicated horse, on top of being comprised of ice. Something like that would've been more striking and better implied it to be a menacing creature as the Crown Tundra portrayed Calyrex's steed as.

Blacephaalon

Last edited:
Probably one of the strangest and most fascinating designs, tbh. For years people have debated what exactly this thing is supposed to be. A turtle? A barnacle? A scale insect? Cedar apple rust? Just the concept of fermentation itself given a vague blobby form? And if we look at some of the leaked designs for the Johto games, the design that ultimately became Shuckle gives it a much more jar-like body and a bunch of serpentine tails, which implies that it was also based on snake wine at least at some point. It's honestly never boring to see discussions about Shuckle because it's a genuinely intriguing creature. And I like reading people's theories about it.

Alakazam

Last edited:
I've been waiting a long time for an Electric/Ice type Pokémon and Arctozolt was a pretty sizable letdown. I hoping to see a more creative way to justify the Electric/Ice types, such as involving cooled superconductors, but instead the justification was "its a fusion between an Ice type and an Electric type"--I'd say Arctozolt is a creative design, just that the reasoning for its typing isn't. Speaking of design, I'm not too keen on it as it's very awkward and goofy looking.

Arctovish

I seem to remember Rotom-Wash easily being the best form for it to have in the competitive scene back in its day. I don't hate it or anything, but Rotom-Mow and Rotom-Heat are the designs that I like most, and its Electric/Water typing (even if it is absolutely great when paired with Levitate) just isn't super interesting to me. Only so much you can do with it, really. Ninja'd D:

Krookodile is neat, I'm always a fan of Ground-types and all three of its abilities are great for it in different circumstances. I'd like to use it on a team in B/W someday if I ever replay it, since I've never really had the chance to use it. Also I love how Ash's Krookodile wears sunglasses, more of that please.

Mesprit

Back
Top Bottom