• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Murphy, Edward
Reaction score
A useful creature that can Pickup many helpful items. I have also heard that it is incredibly effective at knocking out Makuhita, though I cannot imagine how.

Sneasel

"That's right, fight even though it's useless~ ♪"
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/They
I have an enduring soft spot for it solely because it was the first Shiny Pokemon I've ever caught. Its shiny is also pretty neat; can't go wrong with bright pink.

Tentacruel

Call of Fate
Reaction score
I prefer Jellicent and Nihilego as far as jellyfish Pokemon go, but I don't dislike it.
Milotic

Eyes of Ruby
Reaction score
I don't really find Milotic as beautiful as its 'dex entries claim it is. It is by no means an ugly Pokémon in my opinion, however, I wouldn't say it lives up to its name as the "most beautiful Pokémon." Its tail and head fins aren't exactly drop-dead gorgeous, the reds and blues of its fins are likewise nice to look at but not exactly stellar, and its pale tan-peach scales look like the color of human skin, which is a little unsettling on a snake-fish in my opinion. Honestly Milotic looks vaguely like a snake-human mermaid hybrid in my opinion, which leans more on the eerie side than the beautiful and elegant side.

Castform

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Interesting gimmick, but it really should get an alternate form for Sandstorm weather because otherwise it just doesn't feel complete.

Golduck

Just deserts
Reaction score
Stuff from nightmares *shudder*. Just joking. It is kind of unsettling but I also kind of accepted unsettling means good in pokemon world. A naked, very angry, cultist Donald Duck. That's what we deserve from life even if we don't want it. That's how we pay for our sin.
...But I like that dragon turtle abomination from Alola, what do I know. I think it's cool. Bisharp.

Tongue-in-cheek lacks lip and teeth
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
It’s neat, but I wish there were other chess-themed Pokémon to go with it.

Venomoth

Let legends be real
Reaction score
Venomoth has the tendency of being overshadowed by lots of other bug-types. Pretty nice Pokemon overall though. It has a neat design, neat movepool, neat ability. It could use some more spotlight in the future, maybe by having its stats buffed in some way? Audino.

Just deserts
Reaction score
I milk them for XP. But other than that, 'cute blob with frills' is easily one of my least favorite pokemon aesthetics. Battling-wise, though, I think it's useful, as every pokemon is. I just don't like its design/concept. Mamoswine

Reaction score
Love it. Big and cuddly and nice type.

Staraptor

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Favourite fully evolved regional bird of all time. It is fast and hits hard and wrecks Steel and Rock-types with Close Combat - what's not to love?
Mienshao

Trying to avoid sadness is trying to avoid life.
Reaction score
I love how elegant it is, something unusual for a Fighting type Pokémon. It's very beautiful.

Gorebyss.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
The concept is good, but it’s not strong enough to compensate for it’s weaknesses, and it’s design is mediocre
Mienfoo

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Adorable. One of my favorite Fighting-types. I also really like its elegant evolution.

Magcargo

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Boring and ugly. It also has a bad typing and poor stats.
Azelf

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Cute, but it doesn’t stand out.
Luvdisc