• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Brutal Pokémon
Reaction score
So ugly, ugh. I get that it's the point from how it's referencing bruxism, but still.

Rillaboom.

Reaction score
Awesome Pokemon. Has risen to be my favorite final Galar starter design (Surpassing Inteleon and that abomination Cinderace, which isn't a Pokemon but a human in a bunny suit), and has risen to be my second favorite grass starter overall, behind Torterra.

Lets see: Whimsicott.

Filtration Fairy
Reaction score
I used to not like it much because Cottonee was just cuter imo, but Whimsicott has grown a bit on me. It looks like a floofy gingerbread man :lapras:

Roggenrola

Eyes of Ruby
Reaction score
Roggenrola has a pretty interesting and unique design, in my opinion; it's basically just a rock ear. It also has a cool sounding cry as well.

Geodude

Full of salt and bad opinions
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her plzzz
I hate that dumb rock with passion, I hope it get's dropped off a cliff. I like it's Alolan Form and evolution's however.
Pikachu

Brutal Pokémon
Reaction score
Very cool-looking pseudo-legendary. Interesting how 2 of its unevolved form actually serve as, and enjoy, being launched out of Dragapult as part of Dragon Darts.

Kangaskhan.

Last edited:
Eyes of Ruby
Reaction score
Dragapult is a really unique and creative idea, but unfortunately the design just doesn't click with me all the way. There's just a few design quirks that I'm just not keen on, such as the connection between its tail and body.
One of my favorite Kanto Pokémon, and my favorite Mega. It has that classic Kanto monster design, which I really dig.

Giratina?

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Its Altered Forme is rather off-putting, but I do like the Origin Forme a lot.
Latias

(Slime) Dragon Pokémon
Reaction score
Both of the [email protected] are sleek and well designed, imo, definitely up there with my favorite Pokémon. Latias's red color and smaller build gives it a different feel than Latios, which I appreciate. However, I do wish their Mega Evolutions had more difference; currently, I care much more for the base form than for the Mega form.

One thing that's always bothered me about Latias's 3D(S) model is that there is one part of its tail that appears perfectly parallel to the viewer.

Scorbunny

Siren Crowned in Pale and Scarlet Feathers
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/They
I'm relatively impartial to Scorbunny, in stark contrast to my hatred for its final form. In fact, during my first impressions in the first Sword and Shield trailer/stream, it was the starter I initially latched to before Sobble. Unfortunately, new toy syndrome dissipated long for me to never care about it these days.

Tangrowth.

I'm Grim I'm Gross
Reaction score
Whatever it might be based on, I don't like it, there could have been better swamp monster

Charmander

Moltres's Eternal Flame
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/they
Charmander is a very cute little dinosaur-lizard. I like Bulbasaur and Squirtle just as much, but I have a bit of a soft spot for Fire starters so I might like it just a smidgen more than the other two. (...Though whenever I say that, I feel like I'm part of the problem, because we know how TPC has been about favoring Charizard for the past 8 years...)

Smeargle?

Filtration Fairy
Reaction score
The design is pretty cute, and it has a fun gimmick, so it’s a decent enough Pokémon

Galarian Articuno

Brutal Pokémon
Reaction score
Not entirely sure why it was necessary for GF, but oh well. Neutral towards it.

Hawlucha.

Eyes of Ruby
Reaction score
I like Hawlucha because it's a Fighting type with an unorthodox design, at least in my opinion. I think it combines the idea of a luchador with a bird fairly well, with the exception of its mouth placement. It isn't a major deal and it doesn't look too weird, but it still bothers me a little. Why isn't it on its beak?

Speaking of Fighting types with weird mouth placement (in my opinion), Grapploct.

Filtration Fairy
Reaction score
Yeah, the mouth thing is part of what bothers me about Grapploct too. I’d personally like it better if there were no mouth, or even a beak like a real octopus, instead of that kinda cursed mouth they gave it. Plus it’s arbitrarily not a Water-type. Like, I get giving sea creatures non-Water types in some cases, like with Stunfisk and Dragalge having unusual type combos, but with Grapploct it just feels like unnecessarily excluding a type that feels more than appropriate. :v

Galarian Linoone

Siren Crowned in Pale and Scarlet Feathers
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/They
I already reviewed this, but I'll reply anyway to respond to someone here. Basically, I think the design flows well and I actually like that its not Water type; but that mouth is downright off-putting, is jarring in comparison to Clobbopus's more realistic mouth; and it should've at least been part-Dark type.

And yet I get ninja'd.

Galarian Linoone is cool, its an edgy badger with a predatory face and a striking monochromatic pattern. It kinda proves that even minor changes can really make a design striking.
Not entirely sure why it was necessary for GF, but oh well. Neutral towards it..
Well...

1. Regional variants for a group of Legendary Pokemon; let alone Legendary Pokemon, are a unique concept. And Game Freak has started to plunge to new territory lately with Legendaries; Gen 7 had Legendary Pokemon that evolved.
  2. Let's be honest here, they may be the first Legendary trio in existence and are recurring Legendary encounters, but they haven't really had much focus or adulation for them; even for a group of Pokemon introduced in Gen 1. I guess one could cite the Sea Spirit Den, which by name implied that Lugia's relation towards the Birds in the anime is a thing in the games' canon as well; but its pretty impertinent, no one in-game really talks about it or the Birds, and Lugia doesn't even show up at all. Even in their original game they didn't have that much fanfare, they sat around in specific areas and are only lightly adulated by the 'Dex and some NPCs.
  3. I'm gonna try to pry the can-of-worms subject that is whether if certain Legendaries are a Single Specimen Species or not and note that there's been an implication that each of the Legendary Birds are an extant, but rare species. (This is just one example: Pokemon Snap had them hatch from Eggs.) I think that helps make the Birds an easy subject to make Galarian forms off.
Galarian Moltres

Last edited:
Filtration Fairy
Reaction score
Along with the other Galarian birds, I like it plenty more than the original! I know we already have a Dark/Flying legendary + several other Dark/Flying bird Pokémon, so the typing isn’t necessarily super unique or original, but the design and coloration are still really cool in my opinion and I am just generally a big fan of the new spin on an old legendary trio.

Registeel

Brutal Pokémon
Reaction score
I don't really care about the Regis, old or new.

Serperior.