• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Chidamari Sketch

Persecution of the Masses
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
Mmmm.... Final boss-y. Kinda wish there was a bit more to it but its still pretty edgy as an 'evil' antagonist Pokemon.

Naganadel

ToxicWhiskers

"Objection!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/They
Eh, kind of bland. It just looks like its prevo wearing white fluffy scarves. It doesn't help that they don't even look anything like real chinchillas (I know some animal-inspired Pokémon don't have to look exactly like the animals they're based on, but the Minccino line has always irked me and I've seen better Fakemon designs based on chinchillas). I will admit it does look cuddly though.

Altaria

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
It's quite cute, and I like that it's such an unconventional design for a Dragon-type, being more birdlike rather than reptilian.

Serperior

Battista

aka ItalianBaptist
Reaction score
Definitely unique amongst the starter designs; I like it. Disappointed it's still not usable on the Switch.

Cherrim

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
It's cute, and it has an interesting gimmick, but that's all it's really got going for it. Kinda forgettable overall.

Liepard

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
It is rather bland and has bad stats, although it is better than Persian, Purugly, and especially Perrserker.
Lapras

leetic!

Cool cat
Reaction score
Pronouns
any/all
I expect it to be much more powerful than it actually is. Still, have to give it credit for being one of the few Water types without the annoying and broken move Scald

Leavanny

Guzma

Actually Your Boy Guzma
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him/His
A very good bug despite the bad typing. One of the many reasons Unova was so good to the Bug type.

Kecleon

RTLfan

Reaction score
Not a good design and nothing remarkable about it. They wasted a unique animal.

Eevee

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Call me basic, but I love it. It's huggable, cute, and very versatile for team building due to its many evolved forms, all if which I love as well. I do miss its old chirp-like cry, though.

Pikachu

Daren

'Chu can dance if you want to
Reaction score
As much as it got overused it was one of my first captures and I do think the design is good so I'll always have a soft spot for sparklesqueak.

Dragonair

silurica

All shall be well
Reaction score
Pronouns
They/Them
To this day I still can't believe this pretty and elegant dragon evolves into a yellow Barney.

Lumineon.

leetic!

Cool cat
Reaction score
Pronouns
any/all
Really bad stats and not very interesting design; dex filler in its purest form.

Camerupt.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Don't care for it. It's ugly, has a weird design, a terrible Mega, and it's just another standard bulky Water Mon like many before it, which is a rather bland and one-note archetype.

Braviary

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Very cute little Mon with an interesting gimmick (that sadly got taken away from it after its debut gen).

Gliscor

leetic!

Cool cat
Reaction score
Pronouns
any/all
Great Pokémon and important staple of mono-Flying teams. Sad it got taken away this gen, as it and Corviknight would be a great defensive core in mono-Flying and allow you to do whatever the hell you want with the other four slots.

Furfrou.