Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Battista

Nostalgic Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Classic first gen Pokemon design. Perfectly sells the kaiju aspect so many of the original designs were going for, but in a way that's clean and simple.

Remember the time that "Rhydon evolution" fanart made the rounds around 4th gen and it was an overdesigned mess that looked completely out of place? What's this "Rhyperior" I keep hearing about? Y'all are talking crazy lol

Blissey

RTLfan

Reaction score
I'm glad that Chansey has an evolution because I like the idea of particularly angelic individuals among Pokemon that are already angelic....the best among the best as they saying goes. With that being said, I don't like the design as much as the prevo. It's too busy and clunky.I

Talonflame

toastedghost

the year is 2019
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
its kind of just generic bird pokemon of the region, and it has the worst name of any pokemon, did they even try with that name?

pichu

JollyYoshi

Read Pokémon Adventures, Grimer’s in It
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Pichu is annoying for breeding because you get Pichu instead of a Pikachu which you were probably going for. Then there’s the friendship evolution thing which I might consider challenging. Design-wise and lore-wise, I find it interesting especially with spiky eared Pikachu and also other things too I think

Clefairy

Nicolas721

Reaction score
A nice subversion of moon fairy stereotypes and cuter than both its preevo and evo, but not completely my style. Pikachu certainly deserved to be the mascot.

Let's close the trio with Wigglytuff lol

Ransei

Let legends be real
Reaction score
I'm very fond of Wigglytuff solely because it is the perfect link for Oichi from Pokémon Conquest. No other reason, but that reason is good enough for me to like it a ton.

Tinkaton

Battista

Nostalgic Curmudgeon
Reaction score
A fine Pokemon on its own with a great design and typing. Wish its Pokedex entry wasn't so "unnecessarily angsty" and find its prevos to be uninspired though.

Ivysaur

Spear B

Goodra Lover
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I really like it. It's definitely a good mid stage between bulbasaur, and my favorite starter and mega evo, venusaur. The flower starting to bloom is a great way to show its growth from its first stage. It's kind of weird that it's the one in smash bros, but it makes sense because of squirtle and charizard. 9.5 / 10.

Sliggoo

Orchid

Sludge Metal
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm usually not a Dragon-type fan, but I do like molluscs, and this one is pretty cute and fitting as a mid-stage evolution. Honestly I tend to forget it's part of a pseudo-legend line since it doesn't really look the part, but it's charming nonetheless. Probably my personal favorite of the Goomy family if I had to pick one.

Mantine

Reaction score
One of the cooler Water types in my opinion, I quite like Mantine. (I always wanted to catch a shiny one though, as I like the blue color of its shiny form better than its regular form.) It being based off a manta ray is also cool, since they're one of my favorite animals in the ocean. I especially liked the Mantine Surf game in USUM, and I'll always remember how Misty's Staryu clashed with Molly Hale's illusory Mantine in Spell of the Unknown. (Also the one Jack Walker captured at the beginning of Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea.)

Rhyperior

Battista

Nostalgic Curmudgeon
Reaction score
For all the crap I gave Rhyperior a couple posts ago, I remember really digging it when it was first revealed in Gen 4. Rhydon more than deserved an evolution in my eyes then so it was fine.

My problem with it now is that it just doesn’t fit. Moreso than any other cross Gen evolution it just seems like a wholly separate design from what it was based on. Drastic changes like this don’t always have to be this jarring - I’d argue Ursaluna does something similar but still feels like a natural part of the line (no bias whatsoever of course). But Rhyhorn and Rhydon to me just work better as a two stage.

Alolan Exeggutor

JollyYoshi

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
AlolanExeggutor is pretty cool. Alolan Exeggutor really feels like a palm tree more than its original form (if being even a palm tree was the intention)

Sylveon

toastedghost

the year is 2019
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
my favorite pikachu clone, i love its different forms, i've loved it since it was first reveal, and it helps that i love marnie too

obstagoon

Miss Delibirda and Dawn

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
We both reckon it’s handsdown one of the best things that came out of the concept of regional forms. Also makes us miss them, since they were demphasised in the newest games.

Swimub.

Battista

Nostalgic Curmudgeon
Reaction score
kind of a blob, boopable snoot, no mouth - checks just about all the boxes for maximum cuteness. Also a good example of a line that receives an evolution in a later gen but stays thematically coherent.

Latios

colours

ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅꜱ ❀
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
i really like it! personally i prefer latias but her brother is great too o:

tangrowth

Orchid

Sludge Metal
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
One of my favorites. :bulbaLove: It's a cute bulky blob that can pack a massive punch in battle, what's not to love? Easily in my top 5 Grass-types, right up there with its pre-evolution.

Arrokuda

JollyYoshi

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I don’t really care for it but from the looks of it, it looks like it could or does have some very interesting lore about it. It overall feels like a Pokémon from Gen V than Gen VIII.

Whirlipede

skynerel

I know I felt like this before
Reaction score
It’s one of those mid-stages that are just that, mid. You just want to evolve it to get the last cool evolution.

Malamar

Top Bottom