• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Definitely one of my favorite Pokémon of this most recent generation, probably one of my new favorites in general too. I really do like pretty much every aspect of this thing, from concept to design to execution — it's honestly about time we had a Poison-type representing a toxic mineral, and it really nailed it in a unique and unexpected way. (And how can you say no to that funny little cone face?)

Orthworm

It's my least favorite of the Titans, personally; but its by no means something I... dislike per se. The subversion of the 'delivery stork' trope is kinda amusing and its communicated decently by its subtly smug-looking face and that unique ability in particular.

Rotom

I like its form gimmick and the method of obtaining in in the Sinnoh games.
Relicanth

This is one of those mon that I almost never think about lol. With that said, I think it's sort of cool; there's nothing super outstanding about it, but the fact that it's apparently a "perfect life-form" that has just chilled and vibed for the past hundred million years is neat.

Sandy Shocks

Super cool!! I love most all of the ancient paradox mons but Sandy Shocks is really up there for me - the way it moves is a bit goofy but I think that's part of the fun with it for sure

Mienshao

I'm still shocked that its official pronunciation is "Meen-shao" instead of "Me-in-shao". Every time I look at Mienfoo's angry expression I now just think "Mean-foo" and find that a little funny.

Tornadus

It's a regrettably common opinion that this Pokemon and its brethren are saddled with so I'm not exactly breaking new ground when I say this, but I just never liked the genies/Kami group. Even putting aside how identical the original three wind spirits were, even the base genie design alone is honestly kinda uninteresting and ugly. The Therian forms introduced later... don't even really help even despite the physiological changes and each of them representing a different animal. They all just feel like the same guy but shaped into an animal, which normally wouldn't even really be a problem for me as I think the "normal human head on an otherwise animal body" would be enticingly creepy, but it basically has the same facial personality and overall palette as its original genie form, and it altogether just blends in so much rather than that I just basically see the same guy over and over and over until I just don't want to see it anymore.

Houndstone

It's cute, I think its concept and design is very neat, I like it. Now if only it was possible to actually use the thing to its full potential without the use of some silly Skill Swap doubles shenanigans. :( Maybe someday it'll get a shiny new Hidden Ability and finally break free from the shackles of Slow Start... right?

Chimecho

I guess I like this thing the most out of its entire evolutionary line, but honestly that isn't saying much since I generally have apathetic-to-negative things to say about the entire Gen 8 starter roster, and I won't say I outright like it on its own, really. The hoodie-like appearance of its body is certainly peculiar and something that's just unceremoniously dropped once it becomes one of my most hated starters, but I'd say that's a moot point since in general there's plenty of middle-stage starters that sort of lose a unique vibe exclusive to themselves once they become their final evo (E.g. Quilava, Drizzile, Bayleef, Grovyle, Wartortle etc.). That's the most I can say about it.

Xurkitree

One of my favorite Ultra Beasts. I like its electric-wiring design (and how it doesn't have a face), and it's got a cool-sounding name too.

Kartana

Not a UB that I tend to think about as often as the rest, but still just as cool; it has a great type combo and I appreciate it a lot. Fun fact that I love about Kartana's design — its X-shaped face/"mouth" is based on the origami shape pakupaku (well-known in English as a "chatterbox" or "paper fortune teller").
GkkEvqg.gif
0f899b9a783c882be73203988e9592b6.jpg

("pakupaku" is also onomatopoeia for eating!)

Celesteela

Celesteela is one of my favorite Ultra Beasts. When it was released, I pretty much figured out near-immediately it was a nod to the "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter/The Tale of Princess Kaguya" fairy tale of Japan, and I gotta say, they managed to deliver on that theme with splendor, from those imposing bamboo rocketry, to the main body giving the visage of a towering alien regent without looking that much humanoid/"waifumon"-ish despite both the presence of 'hair' and a 'dress/cloak'. I also got to appreciate that, like Xurkitree, it's another creature evocative of plants without outright bluntly being a plant by virtue of the bamboo thematics, right down to actually being one of the few non-Grass Pokemon to learn Leech Seed!

Buzzwole.

Back
Top Bottom