• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Beautiful derpy catfish that doesn't get enough love. It's second only to Gastrodon in my favourite Water/Ground types. It's also always reminded me of Jabun ever since I was a kid.

Yanmega
Such a great improvement over Yanma. Unlike other Pokémon. Speaking of....

Magmortar

I appreciate it's kind of a a boiler concept, but I don't think it works while having anything to do with Magmar at all. Taking it its own direction and giving it more of an industrial theme would've been better than awkwardly being Magmar's evolution (which honestly, I don't like much either, but is better than Magmortar as it is)

Electivire

I appreciate it's kind of a a boiler concept, but I don't think it works while having anything to do with Magmar at all. Taking it its own direction and giving it more of an industrial theme would've been better than awkwardly being Magmar's evolution (which honestly, I don't like much either, but is better than Magmortar as it is)

Electivire
Better than Magmortar by miles, but still not as cool as Electabuzz or Elekid. Honestly, the Sinnoh evolutions are not my favorites, design-wise (I like Mismagius, Honchkrow, Yanmega, the Eeveelutions, and maaaaybe Gallade. That’s about it.)

Yveltal

Cool design (both Xerneas and Yveltal are the best looking mascots excluding the first two generations), but the lore is a bit iffy. Is Xerneas supposed to counter it? Does its power rival the Ultimate Weapon? Why isn't it well known in Kalos?

Palkia

@Envoy Agreed, but I'd add Weavile and Gliscor. They're decent even though their pre-evolutions look better.

Cool design (both Xerneas and Yveltal are the best looking mascots excluding the first two generations), but the lore is a bit iffy. Is Xerneas supposed to counter it? Does its power rival the Ultimate Weapon? Why isn't it well known in Kalos?

Palkia

@Envoy Agreed, but I'd add Weavile and Gliscor. They're decent even though their pre-evolutions look better.
Ugly af. Though it lost the title of 'Ugliest Cover Legend' to the Alola group, so it has that going for it.

It goes like this: Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise/Pikachu > Lugia/Ho-Oh/Suicune > Xerneas/Yveltal > Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza > Gen IV = Gen V > Gen VII

Celebi

Gogoat is GOAT

Okay maybe not that cool but I do really like the design. It’s not too complex or overstated, and the grass generates a relaxing air around it. It’s yet another of the many, many Gen 6 designs that I’m a big fan of. Surprisingly though, I’ve never used one despite playing through XY so many times.

Haunter
093MS.png

Big fan! Not only the first line to have gender differences (which is neat) but they also have a unique type in their last stage. Also their designs are really cool and reminiscent of armor, plus their move pools are really wide and they can fill a lot of niches in your party!

Krokorok

The same as with all three of the Kalos second stage starters in my opinion: it's fine. Not amazing, but fine. To finish it:

Quilladin?

It's alright, but I find the design kind of weird looking. Something about it's face is especially off-putting to me. It's the only stage in the Chespin line I don't care for much.

Arcanine

Last edited:
OMG! I LOVE PARASECT SO MUCH!
*ahem*
Well, it has some interesting concept behind its design, and I love that Bug/Grass typing. HECK, IT'S A POSSESSED MUSHROOM-BUG THINGY*ahem*;that's enough for me to like this Pokémon!

Jumpluff
Really came through for me in Colosseum. It’s become one of my favorite Grass types and a staple in my Colosseum playthroughs.

Seadra

A Pokémon which I have grown to love over the years. It has a really amazing design, and despite not being fully evolved, can be quite useful in its own little way.

Minccino

It's cute and all, but pretty forgettable as well. Not as nice as Cinccino design-wise either.

Haxorus

It's cute and all, but pretty forgettable as well. Not as nice as Cinccino design-wise either.

Haxorus
It’s one of the best designed Unova Pokémon, by far. Which only serves to highlight how bad Unova designs are. Cuz Haxorus is pretty terrible.

Pyroar

Back
Top Bottom