• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

One of my favourite Megas. It keeps the simple, silly design of the line going and isn't a Mega that focuses on being edgier or angrier. It's quite refreshing and fun, which is great. The focus on defensive stats and an ability that doesn't go for raw power increase is nice for more variety in Megas, too.

Slaking

One of my favourite Megas. It keeps the simple, silly design of the line going and isn't a Mega that focuses on being edgier or angrier. It's quite refreshing and fun, which is great. The focus on defensive stats and an ability that doesn't go for raw power increase is nice for more variety in Megas, too.

Slaking
I like that it’s name is a pun, but I have plenty of other issues with the Pokémon that all come down to balancing.

Mega Venusaur.

I like how much of a tank it is in its new role and much like Mega Slowbro the focus on something other than raw power is neat. The design doesn't do much for me though - the pink flowers are whatever and I prefer regular Venusaur's design.

Cacturne

Clever name, cool design, good stats, and a diverse movepool? What can I say, it's one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon (though it took a while to get there).

Hawlucha

I really like Hawlucha! Its design was one of the most captivating for me when Generation 6 debuted (odd though that a Hispanic concept inspired Pokemon debuted in the French based region). It's a freaking luchador avian bird with unique typing! Not only that, but it has its own signature move as well as its own signature theme. Had I not had used the Lucario Korrina gives you in-game, I definitely would have caught the little guy and used it during my Y run. That said, I have started using it competitively in Generation 6 and 7. I haven't battled much in Generation 7, but in Gen 6 the little luchador has put serious dents in teams in my full battles. Unburden+Acrobatics+High Jump Kick+Power Herb w/ Sky Attack is lethal to all that don't resist it. Definitely a favorite Pokemon of mine, and I enjoyed seeing it in the anime.

Dartrix

I really like Hawlucha! Its design was one of the most captivating for me when Generation 6 debuted (odd though that a Hispanic concept inspired Pokemon debuted in the French based region). It's a freaking luchador avian bird with unique typing! Not only that, but it has its own signature move as well as its own signature theme. Had I not had used the Lucario Korrina gives you in-game, I definitely would have caught the little guy and used it during my Y run. That said, I have started using it competitively in Generation 6 and 7. I haven't battled much in Generation 7, but in Gen 6 the little luchador has put serious dents in teams in my full battles. Unburden+Acrobatics+High Jump Kick+Power Herb w/ Sky Attack is lethal to all that don't resist it. Definitely a favorite Pokemon of mine, and I enjoyed seeing it in the anime.

Dartrix
It’s not as cute as Rowlet and nowhere near as cool as Decidueye, but I still like it. It’s definitely one of the better middle stage Starter evos. I’d put it above Brionne but below Torracat.

Torracat

Better than the other two stages in its family, but I don't care for it.

Kecleon

Kecleon brings back memories of hype leading up to R/S's release since it was one of the first new Pokemon for Gen III revealed. I don't really use it, but I always capture the Kecleon that we have to reveal with the Devon Scope.

Cradily.

I don't like it. So the less said the better.

Surskit

Cool evolution for Sneasel, I really like the headdress. Its Speed and Attack are very good too!

Chimecho

Ok, but I would have liked it better if the Mega were Dark/Fairy; I seriously want to have that combo come to life.

Swampert?

Back
Top Bottom