• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

fun idea for a Pokemon, no where near scary enough for ghost type
design doesn't resemble anything I like either
no scary, not predatory creature like
for me, I don't like it at all

Mimikyu

I think it's rather cool. A neat type combo, a neat ability and the idea of having an unknown entity inside a cloth is just attractive in a creepy way.

Durant?

its a flying bug pest!
I hates it (same with all bugs)
not sure what more I can say about

Tyrunt

its a flying bug pest!
I hates it (same with all bugs)
not sure what more I can say about

Tyrunt
After reading about Takeshi Shudo's ideas for the anime at Serebii's forums, I find it a case of hilarious in hindsight, since lots of people started suggesting a T. Rex Pokémon for the then-hypothetical Gen VI.

Do beta Pokémon count? If so, Kotora.

If they don't, Castform.

Kotora doesn't interest me as much as the other beta Pokemon, though I do appreciate how it remains a pudgy critter when it evolves instead of becoming another generic 'badass/sleek' feline.

Castform is kinda boring compared to the other Teru Teru Bozu-based Amorphous Egg Group Pokemon from Gen 3 (Ralts and Shuppet), though some of the forms are somewhat cute I guess.

Snorunt

The concept is nice, just badly executed.

EDIT: Got Greninja'd.

I find Snorunt pretty cute actually. I remember searching for it on my Sapphire save as a kid because I desperately wanted a Glalie.

Since I see a lot of negativity about it in another thread, what about Magmortar?

Magmortar looks more like a Robot Master from Mega Man than a Pokemon, honestly, and while I never truly cared about Magby and Magmar, I feel that this one doesn't exactly get the point of what its two predecessors were, especially with its ugly, not-birdlike face and cannons. In fact, that's kind of the issue I have with some of Gen 4 Pokemon cross-gen evolutions; a few of them feel as if they tack in certain things considered edgy or cool without giving much thought to the actual Pokemon species' basic concept (Ex: Roserade and Gallade), while others seem to have a 'bigger is better' mentality that is executed through fattening the original Pokemon itself. (Ex: Lickilicky, Electivire), and Magmortar, with its tacky cannon arms and unnatural physique, fits into both. So yeah, sorry, but not a fan.

Ninja'd, I really like Ledian. It has this vague, cutesy Grey-like design, which I feel that it does vaguely gel with how ladybug spots are called 'stars' in Japan in an interesting and charming way. It also provides a nice contrast for the other beetles at the time; Heracross and Pinsir were essentially characterized as 'tough guys'. It's one of those Pokemon I wish were statistically good.

Porygon-Z

Last edited:
its meh design

Poochyena

My feelings towards this thing are just about the same feelings I have towards almost every early-game Pokemon, which basically means that I don't care about it.

Sliggoo

Not a fan, tbh.

Goomy? Goomy's life. Sliggoo? Big no no.

The Crimson Chin Buzzwole.

another bug, I hate its design

Helioptile

I think it's adorable. High on my list of favourites among the Electric type. I suppose this is at least the third time I'm posting my thought about this cutie here in this thread.

Eelektross?

Always felt it should have been Psychic/Flying instead of Normal/Flying.

Frost-Rotom

EDIT: Dammit, I forgot to post it on time. It was about Noctowl.

About Kyogre: My first legendary, from my first game. I have nice memories of it.

Back
Top Bottom