• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Very silly, in a fun and charming way. I've always liked Exeggute and Exeggutor so it was nice to see them do something new with the latter. It's hilarious that Lance uses one in Let's Go. Alolan Exeggutor was a great Pokemon to demonstrate the concept of regional variants (being one of the first to be revealed, alongside the Sandshrew and Vulpix lines). The only thing that bugs me (and this isn't really the Pokemon's fault) is that the camera angles in the games don't always compensate for its height, meaning you don't always get to see its whole body. There's an Alolan Exeggutor in the festival cutscenes at the beginning of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and in every single shot all you see are its neck and legs, potentially leaving new players to wonder what it actually is. You could say, though, that having half of its body out of the shot adds to the Pokemon's quirky humour in some situations.

Galarian Rapidash

Last edited:
I actually rather like Bibarel. I think it's cool how it goes from being pure Normal to Normal/Water (a completely unique type combination) when it evolves. Its design and cry are quite endearing, and its ability to learn so many different HMs makes it handy to have around in Sinnoh, a region with a lot of field obstacles. If a feature similar to Poké Ride were to replace HMs in a Sinnoh remake, I hope Bibarel is included as one of the field move users in reference to the role it so often played in the original games.

Regidrago

Ugly, I don't care for it at all. The Hoenn Regis are so much cooler.
Zoroark

Oops....ninja'd
Altaria is adorable, and its Mega is quite amazing, too.
Samurott

Love the adorable fluffy fire fox - so much fun to draw
I would love to nap on its tail or mane

Arcanine

I like it. It's not only a pretty mantis, but I like the twist that its an orchid that resembles a mantis rather than the other way around. Really neat.

Arctovish.

In my opinion, Regidraco would have been a better name. I don't see any reason to make the name complicated; it just seems like a way to make the Pokémon "cool".

I agree, it seems a bit over-the-top especially as the original Regis had very simple names. Regieleki's name is even more annoyingly complicated when something like Regivolt would have been so much better.

Anyway, as for Arctovish... I hated all the Galar fossil Pokemon at first, but I've been slowly warming up to them. I get the same enjoyably spooky vibe from them as I do from looking at real fossils in a museum. Arctovish is possibly the least memorable of the four, but it also benefits from being the one with the least garish colour scheme.

Naganadel

People rag on this cute li'l batty for what, spawning in the caves too often? Pfft. I don't give a shit, it's an adorable, eyeless little bloodsucker and I'd hug it. It's one of the few Gen 1 mons that I really appreciate.

Swoobat

Back
Top Bottom