• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

i've never found weavile to be that interesting, i always thought that i was just a sneasel with a red band, but it's a "cool" pokemon, i guess =I

dragalge

I love bats, it looks cute, really love it

Zubat

I'm not as annoyed by Zubat as many other people are. I think its design is neat for a bat-creature--unfortunately Golbat is, in my opinion, a bit of a disaster.

Woobat?

I don't really understand the reason behind commenting in this thread just to say "I don't care/indifferent/neutral" etc. Why not wait and let someone who does have an opinion beyond "no opinion" comment? It's boring to scroll here and see several non-answers that don't contribute anything to the thread, especially when we already have a thread for simple responses regarding Pokémon. Rant aside...

During the SwSh leaks, Grapploct and Clobbopus didn't catch my eye. However, after using Grapploct in my second Sword playthrough, it has earned its place among my favorite Fighting types--seeing the Pokémon in action was vastly different than just seeing a static image of it. Just the way it moved was pretty interesting, and that gave it much more personality. Shame it's just a Fighting type though, as it feels really incomplete and I think a second typing would have helped its shallow movepool.

Lanturn?

Last edited:
I have plenty of issues with Lanturn, and it largely stems from the rather generic 'anime' face it was plastered with and how it otherwise is kind of generic for an anglerfish Pokemon aside from... uh, vaguely cetacean anatomy? Neither of these wouldn't have been a problem at all if Chinchou wasn't so much more distinct design-wise. It by comparison has bizarrely charming 'plus' eyes, anglers that dangled like cute antennae, and was depicted as a fish that literally could walk on land. I also think that the chubby, derpy appearance Lanturn has from one of the early Spaceworld builds of G/S is funny enough that it is more memorable than the finalized product.
(As an afterword, Chinchou is nowhere to be seen in said build, so it seems that it was designed later; and Lanturn was thus hastily cobbled up to be more 'serious' just to serve as an evo for it.)

Bruxish

Honestly, I think Bruxish gets a bit of bad rap. Sure, its design is a little ugly, but its not the most ugly Pokémon out there and I think strangeness of the design works in its favor, especially the flower-like lure-crystal-thing on its head. To me, it's one of those Pokémon that look better in game compared to a static image. Not to mention, its lore is pretty interesting, what with it using its psychic powers to search for and stun prey. Definitely earned its spot on my "I need to use this in a playthrough" list.

Carnavine

I don't really dislike it, but it's pretty disappointing. It's a cut and dry venus fly trap, with the only remotely interesting thing about it being its tentacles. In addition, despite being the "bug catcher pokemon", it's exceptionally terrible at combating bug-types; it doesn't even get so much as fire fang or acrobatics. Pathetic. Victreebel is the cooler carnivorous plant.

jirachi

It's a cute mythical. Not the most outstanding out there but it is rather cute. At least it has a rather fun typing and can abuse the heck out of Serene Grace thanks to moves like Iron Head. I never watched the movie it was in, so I can't say much about its appearance in that (though one reason is because Max was the star of that movie, and he's one of my least favorite protags). Overall, a good Mon.

Drampa

It's an interesting one. Normal/Dragon is not a typing I was expecting to get because they feel so different from another. It's got a solid design and movepool. I think it gets overshadowed by the other dragons though. I've never used it because I had other dragons (like Kommo-o) on my team. I can see why people could find it off putting, but it's underrated imo. But its ultra sun pokedex entry, jesus christ that's intense.

Grimmsnarl

I like him. Dark/Fairy is a combination I've wanted to see pretty much since the latter type was introduced in Gen 6, and the Impidimp line did not disappoint. It's cool to finally have a true Unseelie Fae Pokemon. Also, I want to add that the way Grimmsnarl's first stage Impidimp was constantly teased prior to SWSH's launch but never actually revealed in full is pretty hilarious because it means that Game Freak was trolling us in pretty much every sense of the word.

Tropius

Tropius is a pretty cool pokemon but somewhat underated for a pokemon, no too much for competitive battles but i still love tropius and its typing is cool too!

Regieleki [edited for spelling error : p]

I'm happy that the regi family was expanded this generation. I've always been more fond of them than most other legendary groups. Regieleki is my third favorite regi, after regidrago and regice. It's interesting that it and regidrago are implied to be stronger than the original legendary golems, only hampered by insulated rings and being incomplete respectively. It stands out as the fastest pokemon in the game, which is a bit of a strange status for a golem to have.

mantine

Last edited:
Cute pokémon though honestly I had never thought much about him, but just by looking at its face you know it's one of those pokémon who are always willing to help and are loyal companions. Honestly the only thing I don't like about Mantine is that its types have weakness x4 to electric type.

Clefable :bulbaLove:

Last edited:
I don't really understand the reason behind commenting in this thread just to say "I don't care/indifferent/neutral" etc. Why not wait and let someone who does have an opinion beyond "no opinion" comment? It's boring to scroll here and see several non-answers that don't contribute anything to the thread, especially when we already have a thread for simple responses regarding Pokémon. Rant aside...

I don't want to sound nagging but I think this past comment from another user says what I think about your answer, but anyway I'll continue.

Dragonair in my opinion is one of the most beautifully designed pokémon. I actually preferred it over Dragonite until I used Dragonite in the 5 gen, now I love the whole line, but in design I still prefer Dragonair.

Magearna

Last edited:
too humanoid looking for my likes, and too robotic as well
I have never liked it's design, - also being legendary, might never get a chance to try them (in all my teams, I like to start basic hatched level 1) any non-breedable okemon is out of my teams

cutie Delohox

Back
Top Bottom