• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

It's cool. Golbat was very weak for a fully evolved Pokemon in Gen 1, so it getting an evolution was deserved. Crobat is super fast and can function quite well as a physical or special attacker, which makes it very reliable in battle. It's also quite funny that Crobat is such a frequent staple mon for Evil Team bosses, since it requires maximum happiness to reach that evolved form. This implies that deep down in there somewhere, Maxie, Archie and Cyrus have a heart.

Mightyena

Last edited:
I've gotten more appreciative of simple designs these days, and Snorunt is a cutie with a neat, subtle youkai basis. The cute shivering and how its hat doubles as a cloak helps characteri
siiiiiiiiiiigh
Its neat. I find Spheal more memorable, but you don't see walruses being portrayed as serious beasts in media, I think.

Mawile.

In all honesty I tend to forget Wishiwashi exists, but I worry if it heard me say that I'd hurt its feelings. :c I do really like slow Pokemon, and its base 30 Speed does lend a hand to that. It's also pretty interesting that its Ability is the only one that requires being a certain level to activate.

Shiinotic?

I have an enduring soft spot for it solely because it was the first Shiny Pokemon I've ever caught. Its shiny is also pretty neat; can't go wrong with bright pink.

Tentacruel

I prefer Jellicent and Nihilego as far as jellyfish Pokemon go, but I don't dislike it.
Milotic

I don't really find Milotic as beautiful as its 'dex entries claim it is. It is by no means an ugly Pokémon in my opinion, however, I wouldn't say it lives up to its name as the "most beautiful Pokémon." Its tail and head fins aren't exactly drop-dead gorgeous, the reds and blues of its fins are likewise nice to look at but not exactly stellar, and its pale tan-peach scales look like the color of human skin, which is a little unsettling on a snake-fish in my opinion. Honestly Milotic looks vaguely like a snake-human mermaid hybrid in my opinion, which leans more on the eerie side than the beautiful and elegant side.

Castform

Stuff from nightmares *shudder*. Just joking. It is kind of unsettling but I also kind of accepted unsettling means good in pokemon world. A naked, very angry, cultist Donald Duck. That's what we deserve from life even if we don't want it. That's how we pay for our sin.
...But I like that dragon turtle abomination from Alola, what do I know. I think it's cool. Bisharp.

Venomoth has the tendency of being overshadowed by lots of other bug-types. Pretty nice Pokemon overall though. It has a neat design, neat movepool, neat ability. It could use some more spotlight in the future, maybe by having its stats buffed in some way? Audino.

I milk them for XP. But other than that, 'cute blob with frills' is easily one of my least favorite pokemon aesthetics. Battling-wise, though, I think it's useful, as every pokemon is. I just don't like its design/concept. Mamoswine

Back
Top Bottom