• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

One of the decent rodents, as it disappears in the late game and the yellow streak and relationship with Rattata give it some personality.

Gholdengo

I like the unique design, typing, and the fact that it's so friendly. I still wouldn't say it's a 10 out of 10 for me though.

Mismagius

I've mentioned many times that I prefer Misdreavus, and it's still true today. But that doesn't mean I outright dislike it; in fact, I'm actually fond of it. (And this is coming from someone who for the most part doesn't like the cross-gen evolutions of Gen 4) It's just... I find Misdreavus overall more endearing and lovable as a design. It has its own charms, but I feel like it kinda takes away a lot of the characteristics that make Misdreavus stick out to me. Like: the serenely smug demeanor, the distinct flowy silhouette, and a palette that isn't too clashing yet makes it pop out. I've always felt that Misdreavus and it deserved the Fairy type when it came out (Flutter Mane does rectify that, I guess, but still), but I feel like it especially sticks out with 'Magius in particular since it's defining characteristics are its magical capabilities and tendencies to either be as malevolent as other ghosts or a caster of benevolent charms; which are things that are pretty much defining aspects of the fair folk... and yet they still are just mono-Ghost types.

Wo-Chien

One of my favourite steel types as well as one my favourite big-and-menacing looking Pokemon overall. I particularly like the 'helmet'.

Rotom

It's a great Pokémon on its own, but to be honest, I'm beginning to feel like it's fallen victim to oversaturation lately. I thought Rotom was a lot more conceptually unique and intriguing when it was just a bizarre poltergeist made of plasma, found in the back of a haunted mansion, possessing a few household appliances specifically to wreak havoc — but now that it's all over the place, completely benevolent, in things like Pokédexes, smartphones, bikes, drones, and PC terminals... it's kinda lost a lot of that charm for me.
Not to say I don't still like it though. Mow Rotom is my favorite, since I love its color scheme and its big mischievous grin.

Porygon

A good and unique design but I can't say it's my type of thing and I don't like the colour shades either.
I also feel like it's a rival to Gardevoir which is one of my favourite Pokemon. People compare them a lot because of their similar battle properties.

Combusken

What I like about it is that you can't pinpoint what animal/being it's based on. Other than that it looks very menacing which was the point of course but it's not my kind of menacing...too ugly lol.

Talonflame

Last edited:
Classic first gen Pokemon design. Perfectly sells the kaiju aspect so many of the original designs were going for, but in a way that's clean and simple.

Remember the time that "Rhydon evolution" fanart made the rounds around 4th gen and it was an overdesigned mess that looked completely out of place? What's this "Rhyperior" I keep hearing about? Y'all are talking crazy lol

Blissey

I'm glad that Chansey has an evolution because I like the idea of particularly angelic individuals among Pokemon that are already angelic....the best among the best as they saying goes. With that being said, I don't like the design as much as the prevo. It's too busy and clunky.I

Talonflame

Pichu is annoying for breeding because you get Pichu instead of a Pikachu which you were probably going for. Then there’s the friendship evolution thing which I might consider challenging. Design-wise and lore-wise, I find it interesting especially with spiky eared Pikachu and also other things too I think

Clefairy

A nice subversion of moon fairy stereotypes and cuter than both its preevo and evo, but not completely my style. Pikachu certainly deserved to be the mascot.

Let's close the trio with Wigglytuff lol

I'm very fond of Wigglytuff solely because it is the perfect link for Oichi from Pokémon Conquest. No other reason, but that reason is good enough for me to like it a ton.

Tinkaton

I really like it. It's definitely a good mid stage between bulbasaur, and my favorite starter and mega evo, venusaur. The flower starting to bloom is a great way to show its growth from its first stage. It's kind of weird that it's the one in smash bros, but it makes sense because of squirtle and charizard. 9.5 / 10.

Sliggoo

Back
Top Bottom