• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

I'm very fond of Wigglytuff solely because it is the perfect link for Oichi from Pokémon Conquest. No other reason, but that reason is good enough for me to like it a ton.

Tinkaton

I really like it. It's definitely a good mid stage between bulbasaur, and my favorite starter and mega evo, venusaur. The flower starting to bloom is a great way to show its growth from its first stage. It's kind of weird that it's the one in smash bros, but it makes sense because of squirtle and charizard. 9.5 / 10.

Sliggoo

I'm usually not a Dragon-type fan, but I do like molluscs, and this one is pretty cute and fitting as a mid-stage evolution. Honestly I tend to forget it's part of a pseudo-legend line since it doesn't really look the part, but it's charming nonetheless. Probably my personal favorite of the Goomy family if I had to pick one.

Mantine

One of the cooler Water types in my opinion, I quite like Mantine. (I always wanted to catch a shiny one though, as I like the blue color of its shiny form better than its regular form.) It being based off a manta ray is also cool, since they're one of my favorite animals in the ocean. I especially liked the Mantine Surf game in USUM, and I'll always remember how Misty's Staryu clashed with Molly Hale's illusory Mantine in Spell of the Unknown. (Also the one Jack Walker captured at the beginning of Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea.)

Rhyperior

For all the crap I gave Rhyperior a couple posts ago, I remember really digging it when it was first revealed in Gen 4. Rhydon more than deserved an evolution in my eyes then so it was fine.

My problem with it now is that it just doesn’t fit. Moreso than any other cross Gen evolution it just seems like a wholly separate design from what it was based on. Drastic changes like this don’t always have to be this jarring - I’d argue Ursaluna does something similar but still feels like a natural part of the line (no bias whatsoever of course). But Rhyhorn and Rhydon to me just work better as a two stage.

Alolan Exeggutor

We both reckon it’s handsdown one of the best things that came out of the concept of regional forms. Also makes us miss them, since they were demphasised in the newest games.

Swimub.

kind of a blob, boopable snoot, no mouth - checks just about all the boxes for maximum cuteness. Also a good example of a line that receives an evolution in a later gen but stays thematically coherent.

Latios

It’s one of those mid-stages that are just that, mid. You just want to evolve it to get the last cool evolution.

Malamar

It could be because cervids in general are just not a kind of ungulate that I ever really think about for very long, it could be because neither of its four designs really stick to me long enough; Sawsbuck is just one of a plenty of Pokemon that I just don't give a rat's ass about, ever. I guess you'd think that the concept of a season-based Pokemon is one that should've been executed better than just the very aesthetics of a Pokemon changing and all... but it's not the first time the franchise has under-utilized a unique concept, y'know.

Sharpedo

Unremarkable design. A shark Pokemon could, and should, have been so much better.

Chansey

it's fine. i have no idea why it's not fairy type considering its whole healing and care schtick, and i find it funny how every pokemon that does the same thing as chansey does it better. its prevo and evo aren't that good either.

audino

Chansey from Unova, but its design is somewhat more interesting to me and at least it got a mega evolution.

Delibird

Back
Top Bottom