• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

I always thought it was at least kinda cool before, but recently I've ended up liking it a lot more after having used it on a singleplayer team. The Water/Steel combo is two of my favorite types in one, and they work so ridiculously well together that I'm almost disappointed there hasn't been another Pokémon with that same type combination yet. Very strong competition for Torterra when it comes to my favorite Sinnoh starter.

Whirlipede

I've always liked Vespiquen. It's honestly one of the few Gen 4 Pokemon that I still enjoy to this day. It's an elegant monarch of a bee whose dress-like abdomen happens to be both where it stores its larva servants and it literally shoots them out as a combat tactic. It's a killer bee queen.

Nidoking

I feel very neutral towards pretty much anything Hisuian, and that does include Ursaluna. Really good and well-distributed stats (which I feel like Ursaring should've had to begin with!), and the design on its forehead resembling a full moon with dark clouds around it is cute. Other than that, I personally just don't hold a strong opinion on it either way.

Veluza

I've always liked Veluza ever since it was leaked, and when I got to learn about it more, it pretty much became one of my favorites of Paldea; which I already have a lot of fond mons from. This thing literally eviscerates itself to the bone to speed up; it's edgy both physically and in a metaphorical sense, and it isn't even a Dark type. Skeletal things and fish are a vibe for me, and thus a piscine that's willing to sacrifice its flesh to the point it is nearly skin and bones for an advantage in combat and feeding just speaks to me. My only problem is that its skeleton maybe looks a bit too less like an actual fish skeleton, which is a little off-putting considering how eye-catching fish skeletons are, but that's not really a major criticism. I don't care if people are irritated by it; Paras and Zubat are Pokemon that I love despite their unsavory reputations. So therefore, Veluza is great.

Duskull

Very cute and creative evolution for a Pokémon that absolutely needed one. It's not exactly my kind of 'mon but I have nothing bad to say about it! I particularly love how it looks when the "hoodie" tail-mouth is closed over its head. I will say though that between its dex entries, lowered Speed, and its signature ability Armor Tail, I think it could've been cool if it gained the Steel type to replace Normal.

Wynaut

I love Blissey. It made some of the most memorable moments I've ever had playing Pokemon. I'll copy/paste paragraphs about it I've previously posted elsewhere.

Back when I was new to Pokémon (when I was 10-11), I would often check out the Battle Factory to see what kinds of Pokémon were there and how their stats were like. I liked the Battle Factory because Emerald had a very limited pool of obtainable Pokémon and I wanted to know more about what Pokémon existed. I remember one specific occasion where I noticed Blissey for the first time. I saw its HP and was absolutely shocked. This had me wanting a Blissey for my own to see how high of HP I could get mine. I found out I could catch Chansey in HeartGold and evolve it. I made Blissey one of the first Pokémon I ever trained to level 100 and one of the first I used to defeat Red.

I've played through Legends Arceus and there was one scenario in the game that really stuck out to me more than anything else did in that game. I don't think I'll be forgetting it anytime soon if at all.

I had an Alpha Infernape, level 65, and used it against Alpha Blissey, level 62. Of course because Blissey was a wild Alpha, its stats were boosted. Infernape used Close Combat on Blissey and to my surprise just barely missed out on the OHKO. Infernape then proceeds to get OHKOed back by Blissey's Double-Edge...

This is when I truly started to learn that stats were coded differently in PLA. Your offense stat does not really matter much. It's been confirmed that Blissey's Double-Edge does about the same amount of damage as a Rampardos's Double-Edge, meaning Blissey only has 25% weaker physical attack than Rampardos, despite the base attack difference. Bulky Pokémon are your best options in this game by far unless you have insanely broken moves (Victory Dance) or are abusing the Agile Style mechanic to have indefinite turns in a row (fast priority attack users.)

Aside from this, Blissey's HP made it a notable top tier candidate of the Imposter ability in certain Pokemon Showdown formats, allowing it to serve as a large reflection of said formats as a whole, even even a reflection of the section that format is under. This is one of my favorite non-legendary Pokemon.

Chansey

Not as dumb-looking as Happiny, but still unappealing, and I greatly prefer Blissey.
Shedinja

Shedinja is my second-favorite non-legendary Pokemon (behind Audino) thanks to how its ability has saved my favorite Pokemon Showdown format(s) virtually by itself. I appreciate how its concept of having 1 HP and being a frail shell was used to justify giving it Wonder Guard. Since then I've been trying to give it a lot more appreciation by shoving it in my ingame teams and setting up challenges for those games. It appears Shedinja's whole gimmick made the challenges a lot more feasible in the first place as I tend to pit myself up against incredibly busted Pokemon.

Ditto

I like both shape-shifting characters and goofy amorphous blob characters, and Ditto is no exception. Its design and concept is simple, but that's what makes it appealing. Plus the whole "Ditto face" meme is iconic (and I love the Ditto face plushies. they are all such silly goobers :enzap:).

Dwebble

Dwebble is really outshined by its evolution these days, and by itself it might not really be anything special, but I have a sentimental attachment to it regardless — because back when Gen 5 first came out, me and my best friend at the time were absolutely obsessed with it for some reason lol. We just could not get enough of Dwebble. It's still pretty cute! And the Bug/Rock typing really isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.

Castform

Drampa... is alright. I never felt too strongly for it, but I do think it is memorably designed for what it is. It's a peaceful-looking pastel beast that clearly looks like it lives atop mountains reaching the heavens. It's a bit peculiar how it serves as a version-exclusive foil for Turtonator, since nothing really kinda makes them contrast other than I guess the colors and nature of their expected environments.

Glimmora

Back
Top Bottom