• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

It's....a solid design for what it is but I'm just not into it.

Sneasler

it was one of my first-ever shinies, so i can't really hate it. while gallade will (likely) eternally be my favorite psychic/fighting mon, i think this... yoga guru(?) is cool in its own way, albeit not very visually appealing.

malamar?

Terrifying and creepy, imagine running into one in the middle of the night…
Other than that it’s a good design

Miltank

i don't reeeally like sandwich posting on these kinds of threads, but i wanted to get to this one before the much more common miltank disliker answered it. :bulbaLol:
i absolutely adore miltank. i like irl cows a lot (possibly because i had a pet one when i was little), and i simply think miltank is a very adorable take on them. and she has a very nice shiny as well!

marshtomp

@guzmania Ehh, if you get past the historical reputation Whitney's Miltank has, the mon is fine if a little generic. However, Mashtomp is one of those in-between mons that feels like it needs to be there to explain how Mudkip becomes Swampert. But nonetheless, I love it.

Raboot.

Oh God.......Klefki. I, uh......really don't care much for Klefki. As a rule, I don't care for most Steel types, especially ones based on inanimate objects or machines, like Magnemite and Klink, and Klefki......is no different. I've never had any interest in it, and probably never will.

Cyclizar

For what it is, I think Cyclizar is a neat specimen of worldbuilding; it's a vehicular motorcycle analogue ridden by humans, which is vaguely reminiscent of the Mario franchise's Yoshi species and Final Fantasy's Chocobos. I just find the fact that it's wheels can't spin at all jarring. They're essentially sacs attached to the throat and tail respectively that emulate the imagery of tires. It's peculiar for sure, but when other Pokemon species (e.g. but not limited to: Starmie, Steelix, Whirlipede, and most recently: Barraskewda) have clearly articulated their body parts in the otherwise unnatural 360 degrees, it just strikes me as particularly odd that whoever designed this Pokemon was hesitant to make it 'use' its own wheels. I think it works with Koraidon, since the Ancient Paradox Pokemon in general seem to hearken to pseudoscientific, 'awesomebro' interpretations of prehistory (albeit with some true-to-life aspects like feathering and the Legendary Beast analogues corresponding to actual dinosaurs) compared to their rough equivalent Fossil Pokemon and the sight of it just goofily prodding around on all fours exudes vibes akin to the Flintstones, but for what is supposed to be the 'modern-day' counterpart; it sort of looks jarring. I can't even abide by the excuse that it would be anatomically impossible and/or a trait more applicable to inorganic Pokemon: the aforementioned Barraskewda has a perpetually rotating caudal fin that is acknowledged even mechanically via the Propeller Tail ability; and it's clearly shown to be a fully flesh piscine creature. It's overall a strange thing about this whole species that I can never leave my mind from fixating on, but otherwise I think it's alright... I just think as a vehicle-themed Pokemon, Revavroom overshadows it greatly in my eyes. But I suppose that can't be helped because Revy's already a contender for my top favorites from Paldea.

Torterra

Last edited:
Some starter Pokémon look like their evolutionary relatives but "grown up" and upgraded with combat add-ons, like Bulbasaur to Venusaur and Squirtle to Blastoise. But some, like Torchic to Blaziken, make a pretty drastic change, conveying a similarity of concept over a similarity of body. Torterra is one of those. It's also an example of Generation IV's tendency to "action-figure-ify" species with non-naturalistic body shapes, segmenation, thickset/top-heavy shapes (Magmortar, Rhyperior, Electivire) and overly-specific sorts of feels. Compared to, say, Tropius, it's harder to imagine multiple Torterra in the same place, as it looks too distinctive.

Tropius.

(Wow, first Torterra, then Tropius, two of of my all-time favorite Grass types! Neat!)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: amazing 'mon, one of my faves. Great color scheme, great design, great everything-except attacking stats. Reeeeally wish those were better. But....! I still think Tropius is awesome and cool as hell, even in spite of that. Forever one of my favorite Grass types and Pokemon! (y) :cool:

And speaking of Grass types, another of my favorites, Sceptile.
Some starter Pokémon look like their evolutionary relatives but "grown up" and upgraded with combat add-ons, like Bulbasaur to Venusaur and Squirtle to Blastoise. But some, like Torchic to Blaziken, make a pretty drastic change, conveying a similarity of concept over a similarity of body. Torterra is one of those. It's also an example of Generation IV's tendency to "action-figure-ify" species with non-naturalistic body shapes, segmenation, thickset/top-heavy shapes (Magmortar, Rhyperior, Electivire) and overly-specific sorts of feels. Compared to, say, Tropius, it's harder to imagine multiple Torterra in the same place, as it looks too distinctive.
Huh? :hmm:

Eh, I don't really have many strong feelings for it. I may cared for it a bit more back in Gen 6, but nowadays, it is ho-hum Pokémon that just exists. Although, its delinquent motif is kind of neat.

Stufful

Back
Top Bottom