• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us why you Love Your Favorite Pokemon!

I don't have one pokemon that is my absolute favorite, but rather I have several that I love but I don't think I can choose one over the others. Would be like choosing between my fingers lol IDK but my top 3 pokemon are:
-Gengar. Because back when I was a little boy it was the only ghost and I really liked the ghost type even back then. And I had a small Gengar toy that was translucent and I just loved it so so much. And then the anime also made me love Gengar, and the theories about it being Clefable's shadow and all that. I find it very charming despite the nightmare fuel pokédex entries it's given.

-Espeon: I love this pokemon to bits, I find it's design so appealing, like it's sleek, elegant, charming and so nice, I love its color and I always liked Eevee as a kid but Espeon stole my heart as a teenager when it came out, it's so beautiful.

-Lucario: well obviously I love this pokemon, I first saw it back in the movie about it and Mew and I love it so much because of the design and concept, and it's super useful in battles in the games, it can be anything (physical sweeper, special, mixed, etc)and has a vast movepool and it's so cool. I also like the supernatural aspect of it reading auras and stuff.

Golurk. If I haven't made it completely obvious.

Back when Gen V was first released and the entire Unova Poke Dex was leaked, I was on the fence about the games. What I had seen didn't grab my interest. Then my husband proceeded to show me every last Pokémon from Unova. I cracked a couple of jokes about some of them, then my gaze fell on one particular Pokémon, one that hadn't been seen in the pre-release news. It was an odd, aqua and teal robot with a seal on its chest, sigils on its hands and shoulders and yellow eyes. I stared at it in complete and utter awe.

"Is that... a robot?" I gasped. My husband shrugged. But I was in love. This Pokémon was everything I had ever wanted. I needed it on my team, like I needed air to breathe.

That was how it began. One chance look and I had found my favorite. When I got to the Dragonspiral Tower, I caught every Golett I encountered, then carefully combed through the PC boxes to find the perfect one for my team. He was Brave with Iron Fist and I named him Riser.

I still have him. He's safely tucked away in a PC box on X; I'll send him to Ultra Moon shortly, get him yet another Ribbon and get him ready for Sword. He's at level 100, EV trained and my baby. I adore him.

To this day, I have to have a Golurk on my team. Those big lugs are my anchors, after all.

Choosing a favorite for me is like having to choose a name for a character. I can never find just one I love above all others, and I find that often my favorite switches. And with all the recently added Galar Pokemon, I have to see where those ones fall into the mix.

Here is one of my favs though.

Torracat - I loved Torracat from the moment I first saw it. Very few Pokemon have ever hit me like that. Often, my love for certain Pokemon grows over time, but for Torrey it was instant. Its art was cool, but seeing how it looked in-game, with the clash of the green background to its fiery red fur stuck out in my mind. The way it simply moved was cool to me. Torracat didn't just seem like a fun Pokemon to battle with either, it seemed like it would make a great partner Pokemon. I could easily see a Pokemon universe version of myself, writing stories about the Pokemon World with a Torracat in my lap. I love this fiery little cat because of how much fun I think it would be to raise my own, if I lived in the Pokemon world.

Garchomp
Mother. F*cking. Garchomp.
Fighterjet Godzilla Shark Dragon.
Ground-Types were already my favorite, and so were Dragon-Types. I love Zygarde and Flygon, but holy mother of Garch I saw this bad boy and I knew he would be top of my list forever.
Platinum was my first game. Gible was adorable. Gabite was a little weird. I considered dropping it off my team, but it was pretty strong. I was watching the anime at the time, too.
Cynthia showed up and THERE HE WAS.
Mine evolved and THERE HE WAS.
Left Pokémon alone until XY, when I picked up the anime again, and THERE HE WAS with Sycamore.
THEN HE MEGA EVOLVED AND GOT MORE SPIKES AND MORE AWESOME AND HIS AWESOME SWORD-HANDS BECAME GRIM REAPER DEATH SCYTHES OF UNHOLY FIERY DOOM

then I got into battling online, learned that he was actually good competitively.
Then my sister beat him with a Sylveon...
SO I TAUGHT HIM IRON TAIL AND TOOK THAT PATHETIC FLUFFBALL TO KINGDOM COME WITH MY AWESOME F*CKING DRAGON BECAUSE NOTHING CAN STOP THE BADA*S-NESS THAT IS GARCHOMP
so, yeah, he's neat.

My favorite Pokémon... though I have a lot of favorites, I think my number one favorite has to be Absol.
Absol has a perfect mix of cuteness and battleworthiness to its design that I can't say I can think of another Pokémon that has. Additionally, he colors of its design work very well together despite their lack of similarity. The changes from this to its Mega Evolution aren't huge(the wing-fur being the only thing that truly sets it apart from a regular Absol), but it does make a small improvement to an already-great design.
However, it wasn't just Absol's design that won me over. It's its Pokédex entries that stand out to me the most.
Long ago, superstitions were spread about it, saying it brought disaster. This fed a hatred of it, and it was driven deep into the mountains.
Absol is just trying to help people, but instead they blame all of the biggest problems on it("blame the messenger", ugh). It ends up having to retreat all the way into the mountains. Absol are probably extremely lonely, considering how people tend to feel about them. And I'm familiar with the feeling, though for different reasons.
(Great abilities also don't hurt Absol's case.)

Last edited:
I also have a fair few faves:

Alolan Ninetales - perhaps the most beautiful Pokemon out there, and I like its Ice-Fairy typing, plus it is fairly strong.

Mightyena - very loveable dog, with a cute but fierce design, I always liked it since I first saw it. And its pre, Poochyena, is very cute and cuddly too. I only wish it were stronger, it needs a buff, and more love. I mean, just look at its cute smile, and adorable pink nose!

Sylveon - my fave eeveelution (it out-classed Espeon, as the Psychic type was severely nerfed since Gen 2), it's very beautiful too, and strong in the special department. Plus it is part of my X-Mas Team.

Mega Mawile - another Poke who is both adorable and ferocious. Its Mega improved everything there was to improve about regular Mawile. I love it.

Garchomp - awesome design, very intimidating, plus it is very strong! I just don't care about its Mega, so I prefer it as it is.

Dragapult - one of the newer additions... I love how speedy it is. And the fact that it launches its kids as weapons is priceless. Plus awesome Type combo!

Sirfetch'd - Another newer addition to my top Pokes of all time. It being so strong compared to Farfetch'd was impressive, and its smug expression is excellent. Not to mention it is literally a tiny cute duck that kicks a lot of derriere with a leek!

Snorlax - Adorable, very strong, a classic. Plus I love its carefree attitude. If I didn't care about being over-weight, I'd be a human Snorlax. Plus I once saw a pic about a Bodai Snorlax... priceless, and very fitting.

Venusaur - My first ever Poke, it is fairly strong and looks very cool with its big flower and menacing frog-like face. I admit though, I do prefer Ivysaur design-wise, but Venusaur as a fully evolved Poke has to be in my list.

Galarian Rapidash - eventhough it kinda looks like My Little Pony version, it is great since it became a Psychic type (which used to be my favorite type). And since I no longer have a Psychic type Poke among my faves, Rapidash takes the spot. Plus it is beautiful. I could consider normal Rapidash as well. Both are awesome. As with Mightyena, both forms deserve a buff.

Axew - The most adorable thing ever!! A tiny dragon with huge eyes! And those adorable little hands!

Honchkrow - My fave bird Poke. I love its design, its attitude and the fact that it is an Italian honcho (I'm part Italian myself)... nothing else to say. Yey Honchkrow.

Honorable mentions:
Chingling, Chandelure, Delibird, Lanturn and Chesnaught because they form my most beloved team alongside Sylveon. Gengar, Noivern, Metagross, Houndoom, Umbreon, Leafeon, Alakazam, Weavile and Hawlucha, because all are awesome. Eevee because it is adorable, and it has so many evolutions. I hope they keep adding more eeveelutions in future gens.

Last edited:
My favorite Pokémon... though I have a lot of favorites, I think my number one favorite has to be Absol.
Absol has a perfect mix of cuteness and battleworthiness to its design that I can't say I can think of another Pokémon that has. Additionally, he colors of its design work very well together despite their lack of similarity. The changes from this to its Mega Evolution aren't huge(the wing-fur being the only thing that truly sets it apart from a regular Absol), but it does make a small improvement to an already-great design.
However, it wasn't just Absol's design that won me over. It's its Pokédex entries that stand out to me the most.

Absol is just trying to help people, but instead they blame all of the biggest problems on it. It ends up having to retreat all the way into the mountains. Absol are probably extremely lonely, considering how people tend to feel about them. And I'm familiar with the feeling, though for different reasons.
(Great abilities also don't hurt Absol's case.)

Not to mention it looks beautiful as a Mega. I wanted it so badly to be Dark-Flying.

I do love many Pokemon, the Eeveelutions are always first, love their cute design, funny moments, and so many good times in my lives
my favorite Pokemon are based on real-life species that made a difference in my life, for the good

out of all 9 - my top favorite is Sylveon, love its cute design, lovely calls in the anime and in games, even many of my favorite moves, and my favorite ability Sylveon has, none of the other can have (Pixilate is my favorite ability)

Espeon is close second, for my love cats

aside from the Eeveelutions (or voxes) my next favorite Pokemon is the dark leopard Liepard... again for my love of felines, living with three of them, do have idea of how to be around them
I'm more of a cat person than dog person, so thats another reason

aside from Eevees/Foxes, and cats, what other Pokemon I love:
Ursaring, Ariados, Skuntank, Chatot, Servine

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom