• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ten years ago: Welcome back to Bulbagarden"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Reaction score
As many of you might know by now, Bulbagarden is busily turning ten years old. Officially, we turn 10 on the 1st of January, the date we opened to the public; but in reality, we had opened the forum a few days earlier, so staff could do a little bit of behind the scene preparations (setting up rules posts, welcome back posts, etc).

As part of many things we'll do to underline the event, one thing we'd like to do is bring back the history of Bulbagarden, and highlight important (or funny) events and people from the past decade and especially the first year of Bulbagarden.

The post I'm about to quote, which was posted ten years ago today, is one of those important posts. It's Archaic's first welcome-back post, listing the original staff of this incarnation of Bulbagarden. It definitely fall under the "Important events and people" category.

¤ª¾Ã¤·¤Ö¤ê¤Ç¤¹¤Í¡£ (ohisashiburi desu ne.)

It's been a long time in coming, but it's with great happiness that I welcome you all back to BMGf, the Bulbagarden forums. I hope you'll come to have as many happy memories of this place as I have of the original.

Before we go on about the rules here, I'd just like to introduce you all to some of our many talented staff members on our forums. The website guys not working on the forums can introduce themselves later. ^^;

You probably already know who I am, but if you don't, I'm Archaic, also known at some places as ArchaicEternal. At the time the original Bulbagarden went down, I was serving as an Admin on its forums. Before my promotion to that position, I had worked as a Moderator for its Pokémon Anime and Shippers forums, and as the Australian News Corrospondent for the main website. Since the original Bulbagarden went down, I've worked as a Global Moderator for the UPN forums, as the Head Admin on the Serebii forums, and (infamously) as a Moderator on TPM's Shippers forum.

As for the other two admins here, I don't doubt you've heard of them as well.

Lou, known as The Mozz, has made a name for himself through his contributions to the Pokémon Anime and PASBL communities, and has worked as both an Anime forums Moderator and later Admin on the Serebii forums. He's also the one paying for a substantial portion (Read "Almost all") of this server's costs, so please be sure to thank him for that by being good boys and girls and obeying all the rules.

Altomare Latios you all probably know better as Xeno Lugia, who first got his start as Episode Guides writer for the original Bulbagarden with his modship of the Anime and Episode Capsules forums there. He's also worked as an Anime forums moderator for both TPM and Serebii, along with holding positions at Pojo and Pokémon Plant. And with all this he's still found the time to run his own site, The Pocket Monsters: Revolution.

As for our moderators, with such an experienced and talented group, I hardly know where to begin. I suppose I may as well go alphabetically. You'll see more people added to this list over the coming days as we finalise a few positions.

Adam might seem like a new face to many of you, though some may recognise him from his tenure as an artist at theud.com. Other credits to his name include being Webmaster and Forum Admin at interactive-anime.com, and being Forums manager/main programmer at boltworld.org/boltworld.animeartists.org. In addition to his modships of the Garden Grotto, General Pokémon Video Game Discussion and Webmasters Café, Adam is the coder behind the Bulbagarden website's Pokédex project. He's working himself to the bone, so when you see him be sure to say hi and thank him for all his much appreciated help and effort.

Brownie, well, what can I say about him? Depending on how long you've been around, you may or may not remember him as being a part of the original Bulbagarden forums, though he held no mod position back there. Putting his experience and reputation on the line to help you out however he can, he joins Adam as a mod of the Webmaster Café.

Celebi (Not Serebii. ^^; ) is a name many of you would be familiar with. An original member of DVGN, a very active part of the Pokemon IRC community, an active operator of file-trading channels and a member of the original BMGf, he's seen and got involved in it all. He joins us as, what else, our mod of Internet and File Finding.

Citrus Crush Chikorita should be a familiar name to many from TPM. He's the mod of their Other Anime forum, and is the writer of most popular fic at this point in time. He joins us as a mod of our PokéStories forum, along with the Land of the Rising Sun.

Damian Silverblade is a name you couldn't not have heard if you've ever visited TPM. He's long served with distinction as Mod of the Fanfic, RPG, Misc and Ruby/Sapphire forums there, as well as being the moderator of Serebii's Pokéstories forum in more recent times. He'll be bringing his wealth of valuable experience to Bulbagarden as the mod of our PokéStories, Artists Café and Role Playing Games forums.

Donphan is a person few of you will recognise by s/n, unless of course you're familiar with him from the original Bulbagarden, but most of you would've read something of his before. Don't believe me? Check this link then.
GameFAQs User Profile: TheSoundMage
Now I'm sure you recognise him. He's certainly got quite some recognition for those, considering that Versus Books have hired him as the writer for their Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire strategy guides. He joins us as a section moderator for Pokémon Video Game Support and Discussion.

Draizuh was the Land of the Rising Sun mod for the original Bulbagarden forums. Guess what he returns as here? (Oh yes, and he's modding the Gamers Lounge too) ^^; A longtime vet of Pokémon forums, he's been around since before even I was, and he's got the skills to do the job.

evkl. Now this is a name that should need little if any introduction in Pokémon Gaming circles. A longtime poster on the IGNBoards Pokémon forum, and a frequent participant in GSBot battles and tournaments, he's certainly a person who knows his stuff, and you'll find few people more experienced with these games than he. He joins Donphan as the other section moderator for Pokémon Video Game Support and Discussion.

Many of you would probably know Geodude better as lightspeeddash, from IGN's Pokémon forums. I don't think I need to tell you this guy's more than just a fair hand at G/S/C. He'll be joining us here as a mod of G/S/C and of the Gamers Lounge.

GoldenLugia is a person I'd expect many of you would be familiar with from both Serebii and Luigi's Dungeon at Pocket Gamers. A bit of an all rounder, he's modded and admined forums, written episode guides, and become a rather fair hand at the Gold/Silver/Crystal games. In addition to his "odd jobs" around the website, GL joins us here as Mod of our General Pokémon Discussion.

Karate....errr......Mozz hired him. ^^;; A developing artist, taking formal training in community college, planning to go to CU's art school once he's able to do so, well known amongst the PASBL guys too.......anything more that needs to be said? ^^;

Kuno is a name few of you would have heard unless you can remember as far back as the original UPN (Universal Pokémon Network), where he was known as Midevil Mewtwo, or if you have had the fortune of visiting Kuno's UPN (Ultimate Pokémon Network) over the past year. If you haven't already seen his complete walkthrough (with pictures) to Ruby and Sapphire there, you'll (hopefully) soon be seeing them here (Got to get his permission first. ^^;). In addition to that and his modship of our Ruby/Sapphire Discussion forum, Kuno is also the creator of our "Return" alternate forum style, which you can select from the options menu of your User Control Panel.

A Pojo-ite, and well known for her Rose III fic, Kurai has much experience in modding from her longtime mod position of Pojo's Pokéfics forum. She brings that experience with her now to join the others modding our very own PokéStories forum.

Murgatroyd is a name I would be very suprised about any of you not already knowing. You would be hard pressed to find many people in the western world who know more about the Pokémon Anime as he does, and I daresay that there'd be few in the east or in Japan itself who know more than he does. With his vast experience modding on the original Bulbagarden, on TPM, and on Serebii, Murgatroyd joins us here as our mod of Pokémon Anime.

Revolutionary Girl is probably someone only a select few have heard of. She's the Webmaster of the Glorious Revolution ElderShipping website, and a prominent member in the online Shipping Community. She joins us as, what else, mod of Shippers.

Takka-no-Hakkin is probably better known to most of you as Platinum Hawke, another moderator of TPM's Other Anime forum. A maniac for J-Pop and subbed Anime, he joins us here as, you guessed it, mod of the Land of the Rising Sun.

Togepretty is, in her own words, "...just a fanfic writer that started on fanfiction a year ago, and then made my way to TPM and joined OPS. I love reading fanfics, and I'm a diehard Pokeshipper, and shipper in general." Fresh from modding Serebii's Shippers Fanfics & Art forum, she joins us here as mod of Shippers Fanfics & Art, and of PokéStories.

Trip, an active member on the original BMGf, gets his first mod spot here as one of our Ruby/Sapphire mods. There's few people in the western world who've played them as much as he has, and he'll be online almost constantly to answer all your questions about these games.

Yami Ron, better known to many of you as Dr. Ron, is one of a bare handful of people still around from the days of the Pokéboards in 2000 (Who are still interested in Pokémon anyway). Making a name for himself over the past year with his episode title translations, Presidency of the PASBL, and Adminship on the Serebii forums, Ron joins us here as a mod of our Pokémon Anime forum.

And then there's of course the BG PASBL League Officials, who I'll let introduce themselves in their own forum.

Anyway, as for the rules......that's not for this post to discuss. We'll be putting all those in an announcement shortly so you can get aquainted with them. Most of the forums have their own individual rules sets anyway, so you'll find it hard to go wrong.

Just one notice about signatures though.....
We'd prefer you only had more than 1 image if they're relativly small images. So long as the images are inline and the total height and width of them add up to no more than 100 and 400 respectivly, it'll be alright. Images includes the Ruby/Sapphire avatars, etc if you intend to use those. We're more concerned about asthetics of your sig with this than the bandwidth.
As for smilies, max of 6 please, all inline if possible. If you're worried about not having "rank badges", don't worry, you won't need to put them in your sig. They'll be under your usernames when you post shortly in the next week or so.
Oh yes, and no signature to be larger than 8 standard lines of text please.

Alright, that's about it, so I guess I should leave you to it. Once again, welcome (back) to the Bulbagarden forums everyone. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Regards
Archaic
a.k.a. GirafarigBG - Bulbagarden.com Webmaster

And so Bulbagarden (or this incarnation of it) began. Not many of these staff members stayed very long: of the lot, only four remain as active staffers today: Archaic, evkl, Geodude and myself (I changed name from Damian Silverblade to Evil Figment around 2005-06)

(Note that Archaic didn't list every staff member, I'm fairly sure there were a few other people who didn't get mentioned in the thread who were there back then and are still around)

Wow, 10 years huh? That's just awesome. Thanks you guys for this awesome site. I hope it's around for a long long time. I wish I couldve been here to experience it starting up, but unfortunately I didnt find out about it until much later, but it dosent really matter. Happy 10th Anniversery to Bulbagarden.

Happy tenth Bulba! I hope I'll still be here in ten more years.

Happy 10th Bulbaversary Bulbagarden! :party:

Its also hard to believe how actually young all the staff members were back then.

Think about it, 10 years ago mostly every staff member was a teenager...most around 15-17 years old. Its amazing how a bunch of kids actually got together to work on something that lasted so long.

Wow 10 years. At least for me you never think really(well I do but oh well) about how a place started once it is up and running and has been for a while. So to think this has only been around for 10 years...

Anywho glad to have been around for the past year just thinking about what I've seen it go through, and then think what the 4 that have been here sense that start... seeing the changes and here's to another 10, 15, or however many more years :)
EmotBouncingSmilies.gif

Wow, 10 years... I joined pretty recently, so I can barely imagine what everyone that joined that long ago is feeling right now...
Reading that was so cool though, it reminded me of my history textbook. XD

Happy 10th anniversary, Bulbagarden! I hope this site is around for many more years to come. :)

Ten years, wow ... Well, happy 10th anniversary BMGf. This is one amazing forum for sure, and I'm happy to say that this place is like a sanctuary to me. You can be sure that it'll be another great ten years after this, too. c:

Just think guys, if us newbs stick around for ten years, we'll all be mods at some point! :D

Hahahahahaha NO. But seriously though, huge props to all the original staff for creating something that affects so many people in so many ways, even ten years later.

Happy tenth Bulbagarden!! :birthday:

I've gotta say, reading that post from ten years ago was probably the best thing I've done for a while :sweatlol: Anyhow, I hope this place is still going strong in the decades to come!

:cheers:

So that's 10 years of lag. I'm impressed. I usually woulda given up by that time.

Wow, ten years! That's insane! I'm brand new here, but glad to be around to witness this big occasion :)

Finally in the double digits. :) Congratulations Bulbagarden, and thank you staff members who have made this possible for an entire decade.

I posted this in Evkl's blog about being on the site for ten years Here is a site that shows Blubagarden as it was on June 4th 2004 and whatever snapshots it as for the days following for anybody who wants to see 8 out of 10 years of Bulba.

Happy 10th.

Even though I haven't posted here much due to lack of interest, I've been here (mostly) for 5 years now so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom