• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Terrible Pokemon you used to use

Suicune Rider

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
When I started playing competitively (which was like ten years ago), I used Delibird in OU. Yes, even I was a noob once...

Until I got into competitive playing, I would bulk up celebi with physical attacks, and fed it a buttload of status minerals.

When I first figured out about competitive battling I used my in game team. Luckily everyone else was bad so I managed to get more wins than loses.

I used to put Shadow Claw on Gengar. Gengar is by no means a terrible Pokemon (let's face it, its Mega is the second-best Pokemon in existence behind M-Rayquaza), but... physical attacks? Really,​ me?

I used to use Meganium, and regularly picked it on GS playthrough, nuff said :p

On my very first playthrough of Ruby I used a Linoone

on my very first "competitive" team in pbr I used ledian. It's not really as bad as it sounds since screens are really useful in doubles, but still. The team also had sableye which was really trash back then. The entire team was bad but those two stood out.

even nyow I'm the type to use a lot of mediocre pokemon like swalot and heatmor, just because I'm a bloody karenist. I do try to avoid particularly terrible pokemon, though. Somewhat hesitant to breed a magcargo, as much as I love the thing...

I used to put Shadow Claw on Gengar. Gengar is by no means a terrible Pokemon (let's face it, its Mega is the second-best Pokemon in existence behind M-Rayquaza), but... physical attacks? Really,​ me?
lol

speaking of gengar, one time I had to EV train a sassy natured (+sp. defense -speed) one for my friend to use competitively

needless to say it was quite the traumatizing experience for me

> implying it matters if you use shitmons in game

tbh I don't get why people even avoid them, I mean the games are piss easy, I can do significant work in-game with friggin' ledian

Used a team of unevolved Pokémon on a random match, including Pawniard, Deino, Gabite etc. I lost, but it was a close match.

I remember the days when I used my Meganium in an online battle...

on my very first "competitive" team in pbr I used ledian. It's not really as bad as it sounds since screens are really useful in doubles, but still. The team also had sableye which was really trash back then. The entire team was bad but those two stood out.

even nyow I'm the type to use a lot of mediocre pokemon like swalot and heatmor, just because I'm a bloody karenist. I do try to avoid particularly terrible pokemon, though. Somewhat hesitant to breed a magcargo, as much as I love the thing...

lol

speaking of gengar, one time I had to EV train a sassy natured (+sp. defense -speed) one for my friend to use competitively

needless to say it was quite the traumatizing experience for me

> implying it matters if you use shitmons in game

tbh I don't get why people even avoid them, I mean the games are piss easy, I can do significant work in-game with friggin' ledian

The thread is entitled "terrible pokemon you used to use" not terrible pokemon you used to use in competitive play.
The world does not revolve solely around the competitive scene

The thread is entitled "terrible pokemon you used to use" not terrible pokemon you used to use in competitive play.
The world does not revolve solely around the competitive scene
I didn't say it did
in fact I rather happen to enjoy in-game
I get annoyed when people insist on only using "good pokemon" in games as easy as these
that and the fact that meganium and linoone aren't even that bad in game tbh
now if you were using luvdisc or unown we might have a bit of a story
but post what you want I probably shouldn't have said anything about this one in the first place

Meganium isn't even terrible in-game. It's the only starter I've ever chosen when playing HGSS (and I've played it a fair few times) and there wasn't a single time where I regret choosing it. It's just another case where a Pokemon doesn't OHKO every NPC's team so people automatically label it as terrible. Competitive-wise, yeah, it's pretty garbage but in-game it really isn't bad.

Then again , I've defended using Serperior in-game against the vast waves of people claiming they had to ditch it because it's so awful, so what do I know.

/Grass fan out

The best part about in-game is how easy it is, so you can really use whatever you want. There is no terrible Pokémon for in-game, although there is some that are better and more efficient than others.

I don't play competitive. When I do, I plan on using my favorite 'mons rather than cookie-cutter OU mons (not that there's anything wrong with them, it's just I'm sick of seeing them constantly) because I'm a filthy casual. Helps I plan to do Battle Spot versus tournaments and the like.
'

I had a Mightyena and Linoone on Emerald and used a Bibarel on Diamond.

I used Farfetch'd on my team through most of the game on Blue years ago. I didn't realize at the time how much people hated that Pokémon, and thought of it as being a 'novelty' entry (it could only be obtained through in-game trading Spearow in Red and Blue.)

I used Claydol and Sandslash on a lot of my early RU competitive teams, because the "two-for-one deal" of being both a spinner and a hazard setter looks really appealing on paper. In practice they can't perform either task effectively, and ended up dead weight most of the time.

I used Claydol and Sandslash on a lot of my early RU competitive teams, because the "two-for-one deal" of being both a spinner and a hazard setter looks really appealing on paper. In practice they can't perform either task effectively, and ended up dead weight most of the time.

I used claydol a bit in bw uu

I can vouch for its...suck.

I used to and still use terrible Pokemon all the time!

Almost everything in the NU and PU tiers I will still use in higher tiers because it's fun to surprise people. I play more for fun than anything else, so I don't mind having a slight disadvantage. I get really bored using the same Pokemon over and over again and like to spice things up! :)

A lot of the Pokemon people mentioned here can be used in competitive battling, but you just have to know how to use them. It shouldn't just be limited to Smogon rules and tiers, especially Pokemon that are in OU and Ubers. =\

Anyways, most terrible Pokemon I used to use? Easy- the elemental monkeys. They take forever to level up despite how early you get them as well as their mediocrity, their moves and stats blow ass, and they are an eye sore. What a waste of a good elemental stone. They are super terrible and I'll never use them again.

Anyways, most terrible Pokemon I used to use? Easy- the elemental monkeys. They take forever to level up despite how early you get them as well as their mediocrity, their moves and stats blow ass, and they are an eye sore. What a waste of a good elemental stone. They are super terrible and I'll never use them again.
THIS.

I leveled my Pansear to level 45 or so on Black, hoping it would actually be useful. It wasn't. It kept getting its skidplate handed to it by under-leveled Pokemon, who got OHKO's using Not Effective moves! It was insane. I eventually boxed it and never used it again. (I think I just evolved the idiotic thing to have the Dex info but that's about it.)

And I also used an Unown when I first played through Silver. What the flying slag was I thinking?!

I still train Delibird for more than a fly slave, (but nowhere near as much as i did in the past). It faints whenever a rock so much as flicks it but other than that i find it 'fun' to use. Moves like present (and metronome) really aren't to be taken too seriously.

And I also used an Unown when I first played through Silver. What the flying slag was I thinking?!
I also did this. I was intrigued by the alphabet design and i have a real life interest in languages, scripts and hieroglyphs. It didn't take me too long to perma-box those things, but longer than it really should have.

I once tried using a team of six Unown that spelled my name when I was seven. What an idiotic choice.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom