• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

Eredar Warlock

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Feds arrest man who tried to blow up Federal Reserve Bank in NYC, sources say | Fox News

Fox News said:
A Middle Eastern man tried to blow up the Federal Reserve Bank in Lower Manhattan this morning, law-enforcement sources told the New York Post.

The terrorist wannabe parked a van filled with what he thought were explosives outside of the Liberty Street building, sources said, then tried to set them off using a cell phone detonator.

The suspect, who was not immediately identified, was provided the explosives from an undercover FBI agent that he met on the Internet and believed to be an accomplice, the sources said.

The suspect raised red flags after posting about Jihad online, they said.

The agent made contact with the jihadist about three months ago. The suspect told him that he wanted to blow up the bank, the sources said.

The suspect and the FBI agent planned the fake attack for months, sources said.

Even though this is serious, I can't help but laugh at the terrorist being fooled the entire time. It's good to know that the FBI was 10 steps ahead of him.

He's Bangladeshi, which isn't Middle Eastern.

Anyways, apparently he was an aspiring international terrorist. I don't think Al Qaeda will be contacting him anytime soon.

I would like to see the full details of all communication between the would-be terrorist and the FBI agent. I find it hard to believe that the FBI agent didn't encourage the man at all but I suppose it is technically possible that that was the case. I mean it seems questionable that someone could have spent months planning something with a single co-conspirator without encouraging them to some degree. Also, they seem to have picked him out to talk to just because he was "talking about Jihad online": they must have at the very least offered him explosives, which to me is tantamount to suggesting that he use them. I think there are major moral and legal issues with entrapment that should probably apply to this case.

Now I know people will probably say "Oh but he would have blown up the bank otherwise" but no, there's actually not much evidence to suggest that is the case, not in this article at least and I don't have time right now to look further into it (if someone else does or has already looked into it, I'd really appreciate more details, though I suspect these might be unavailable due to the nature of intelligence agencies such as the FBI). It seems to me like he was someone who was a borderline extremist who was bedazzled by an FBI agent convincing him to become a terrorist. The biggest risk would have been him being receptive to being recruited by a terrorist organisation which (1) is true of a great deal of people and (2) is not a crime (that is, being receptive to joining rather than joining itself, although joining alone isn't really a crime either I don't think).

Its a load crap plain and simple anybody who has done any research on any of "terrorist attacks" except 9/11 knows that there all fake because the government lamentably goes into mosque and other organizations and recruits the people for these "attacks" and then parades it all around the media to scare everybody.

Its a load crap plain and simple anybody who has done any research on any of "terrorist attacks" except 9/11 knows that there all fake because the government lamentably goes into mosque and other organizations and recruits the people for these "attacks" and then parades it all around the media to scare everybody.

Why would the government do that? Cheap thrills?

Yeah, that's really not true in any way at all.

They need to do it to pass unconstitutional laws such NDAA (which authorizes the president to say any American citizen is a terrorist and hold them without trial or access to a lawyer Indefinitely) , the expansion of the power of the patriot act etc

FBI organizes almost all terror plots in the US

You can't trust CBS, ABC, NBC, (MS)NBC, FOX NEWS, CNN to tell the truth on this because there bought and paid for by the same special interest groups as the politicians in Washington and I can list more links if you want including even this "terror Plot"

Last edited:

FBI organizes almost all terror plots in the US

You can't trust CBS, ABC, NBC, (MS)NBC, FOX NEWS, CNN to tell the truth on this because there bought and paid for by the same special interest groups as the politicians in Washington and I can list more links if you want including even this "terror Plot"

I'm afraid that it's hard to take your argument seriously when your primary source is a conspiracy theory site.

Don't let the comments fool you because actually RT (stands for RUSSIA TODAY) is well known cable news channel THROUGHOUT THE WORLD and they have had similar stories to this on BBC .

and here is another link for you HERE

I won't deny that entrapment is certainly an issue, but to claim that *all* post-9/11 terrorist attacks have been fabricated by the government is, quite frankly, foolish and very offensive to the families of those attacks' victims.

I won't deny that entrapment is certainly an issue, but to claim that *all* post-9/11 terrorist attacks have been fabricated by the government is, quite frankly, foolish and very offensive to the families of those attacks' victims.

Despite what i posted a few I should have worded it differently because I am not claiming *all* of them are but a vast majority and if i remember the statistic i read correctly its some between 66% and 75% so that would be 2/3 or 3/4 of them are based on released court documents.

the REASON for my miss worded post above i was in rush because of work and did not proof read it like i should have.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom