• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

That music in the Pokémon Heroes trailer

Zhen Lin

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
I recently heard a familiar piece of BGM in a Cartoon Network promo for Superman: The Animated Series - it's also used in the first 20 seconds or so of the Pokémon Heroes trailer.

Then nearer the end, from about 0:53 to 1:20 is another piece of music that I've heard in many ads.

Anyone know where those pieces were extracted from? For some reason or other I keep thinking the latter comes from Mozart's Requiem, but I've never even heard Requiem before.

Last edited:
HTTP 500... great. I wonder if it happens with other attachments.

Odd. Removing the MIME type seems to fix the problem. How strange.

You're right, I've heard these pieces many times before. There's another one that I picked out as a piece I heard quite a few times before, but I don't have a recording of it, so...

Hmm. I've definitely never played either in any of my Band classes - not surprising, since the first distinctly has strings and therefore must be an Orchestra piece, and I wouldn't be surprised if the second one was as well. But I was also in the Orchestra, and no, we never played it there, either. And I'm pretty sure I've never heard either in any concert - and I've seen quite a few. Hrm. So I have no way of identifying either by memory - probably wouldn't even if I had heard them, I can remember songs well enough but usually have a lot of trouble with their names.

And... you think 'music2' comes from a requiem? Uh, maybe I'm not half the music buff that I'd like to think I am, but I believe requiems don't generally sound like that. They're usually a lot slower and more depressing because, you know, the whole death thing.

Hah, I knew Wikipedia had its uses. Damned be the people who say all those pop culture references are useless!

In the article [wp]European classical music[/wp], there is a section "commercial uses of classical music", and the first example of music used in this manner is O Fortuna from [wp=Carmina_Burana_%28Orff%29]Carmina Burana[/wp] by Carl Orff. It's the second piece I identified in the trailer. Curiously, though perhaps I should have expected it from the grand, loud sound, it's a 20th century (chronologically, not stylistically) composition. MIDI of O Fortuna.

Still no clue about the first.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom