• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

That Pokemon Isn't Legendary!

Dark Master Draya

I Dont Suck, It's Rigged
Reaction score
Are there any legend pokemon that shouldn't have that status... maby you're old school and think that all pokemon with genders can't be it or stats.
or are there pokemon that you would concider legend dispite concidered otherwise

personally I concider manaphy legend but not phonie
I do concider Unknown and Rotom to be legend as well

Please dicuss
(and yes i know I can spell:saiyan:)

I think that magikarp should be a legendary. I mean have you ever seen its power and beauty. Feebass is just a wannabe poser and doesn't bring anything to the table

I always thought Gyarados looked a bit like it should of been legendary

Rotom is the only one m Freind thinks is, ad I don't
Because you can breed it to get ANOTHER Rotom
Manaphy and phione are legendaries because you need certain conditions to get them
(Manaphy egg, and breed Manaphy)

Spiritomb and Volcarona should totally be legendary. I mean, there's only one of them that you can ever find in the wild.

You can encounter Spiritomb as many times as you want, though, and you can obtain a Larvesta as an Egg.

I always thought that Rotom should be a legendary.

Heatran has never felt like a legendary to me. Not just because of the 50% male/female ratio; it doesn't seem special.

Apparently, Keldeo once had parents. Makes me wonder if it was always so rare, thus not a legend.

Nidorina and Nidoqueen should be considered legendary, if only because it would finally answer why they can't breed.

Ditto. Its charm is truly legendary, even influencing many real-life people, as proven in the recent DW vote.

No
If anything, I consider many of the so-called legendaries to be very un-legendary.

Manaphy and phione are legendaries because you need certain conditions to get them
(Manaphy egg, and breed Manaphy)

So by your logic, Zorua and Zoroark are legendaries as well. The event Celebi and Shiny legendary gerbils are to Zorua/Zoroark as Manaphy is to Phione.

Phione is not legendary. This has been confirmed by The Pokémon Company international in the HG/SS official guidebook, and is backed up by the fact that Phione can breed freely and has the stats of a Glalie.

I don't think te birds are that Legendary they don't have anything interesting about them.Phione is confirmed not to be a Legend by GF themselves via TPCI which anwser to GF and only GF. Zorua, Larvesta and rioulu aren't legends cause they evolve Legendaries don't evolve

I have no idea about what Phione actually is. There have been many official statements proving it is, however just as many if not more official statements denying it. It's confusing. I just plain don't think it should be one, though. To me, it really is just a copy of Manaphy, which isn't all that great, but it's original at least.
I thought Rotom was a Legendary? I think it's fine as one.
Arcanine was meant to be one of the Legendary dogs of Johto (Raikou, Suicune and Entei) but there was already a Fire type, so yeah. If you're gong to say Arcanine, I'll counter you with Ninetails. It has a eerie legend about it and is very majestic. (I was going to say something else, too, but I forgot. Damn.)
I don't think Regigigas should be a Legendary. Just because it's the epic fail of Poke-land.

For a Pokemon that should be Legendary: Golurk. It simply reeks out Legendary, for as the White PokeDex states:
It is said that Golurk were ordered to protect people and Pokémon by the ancient people who made them. Seems like the role of a Legendary.
No, its stats aren't anything much to go by, but its general appearance and character suits a Legendary's.
For a Pokemon that shouldn't be Legendary: Zapdos. It's the least graceful of the bird trio, it looks like yellow lint that was shoved into the Washing Machine rather forcefully. Also, its cry is irritating, to say the least.

For a Pokemon that should be Legendary: Golurk. It simply reeks out Legendary, for as the White PokeDex states:
It is said that Golurk were ordered to protect people and Pokémon by the ancient people who made them. Seems like the role of a Legendary.
No, its stats aren't anything much to go by, but its general appearance and character suits a Legendary's.
THIS.

The big guy screams Legendary, honestly. The way he looks, to his PokeDex entry... yeah. He really should have been a Legendary. I mean, I'd rather have him as one than some of the others who'd want nothing more than to gut you. (I'm looking at you, Darkrai and Mewtwo...) But then again, I am biased.

THIS.

The big guy screams Legendary, honestly. The way he looks, to his PokeDex entry... yeah. He really should have been a Legendary. I mean, I'd rather have him as one than some of the others who'd want nothing more than to gut you. (I'm looking at you, Darkrai and Mewtwo...) But then again, I am biased.

From a totally unbiased viewpoint, right? d:

I definitely think Volcarona should have been. He literally has a lot of legends about him, a temple dedicated entirely to him, an encounter similar to a legendary's, and great stats although not quite at legendary level. If they had removed Larvesta (which would suck cause Larvesta's a pretty cool dude), upped his stats a bit and made him non-breedable, then he would've easily been a legendary. No Volcarona isn't my favorite Pokemon I'm completely unbiased

From a totally unbiased viewpoint, right? d:

I definitely think Volcarona should have been. He literally has a lot of legends about him, a temple dedicated entirely to him, an encounter similar to a legendary's, and great stats although not quite at legendary level. If they had removed Larvesta (which would suck cause Larvesta's a pretty cool dude), upped his stats a bit and made him non-breedable, then he would've easily been a legendary. No Volcarona isn't my favorite Pokemon I'm completely unbiased
Volcarona can act as a substitute sun, right? Yeah, this guy was definitely worthy of Legend status. (Now I'm starting to wonder about calling some of these known Legendaries "Legendary" because of this sort of thing...)

Oh I would also like to point out that Volcarona is the only non-legendary other than Nincada that can't learn attract. :x

"Legendary" is a classification based on gameplay. Under which all pokémon classified as such fall in, and those which don't... don't.
A legendary so far seems to be a pokémon that can only be obtained once in the same game through any method (excluding events), if obtainable at all.

While it seems that it implies lore, it doesn't necessarialy.

Volcarona falls probably in the same place as Pseudo-legendaries as far as gameplay goes, but it isn't a pseudo legendary, just something similar. (Also, you get two for free)

However, when discussing the game story, classifying all pokemon as "legendary or not" is just wrong, and it'd go in several groups instead.
From what I know, the japanese fandom just puts them into a bunch of different groups, like "mirage pokémon" and such.
Not to mention, many pokémon that don't qualify for "legendary" in gameplay do belong in many legends. The best example being Volcarona.

the only legendary pokemon should be mew, mewtwo, lugia, ho-oh, groundon, kyogre, rayquaza, and areceus. they could have lived with just those. woulda made legendary pokemon a lot more meaningful in my opinion...

I agree with someone saying Arcanine. Heck, look at it's dex entry - they say Arcanine is a Legend Pokemon.

I don't think breeding or gender has to do with legendaries, but it's special position. Like, the Weather Trio HAVE to be legendary cuz they control the weather. The Creation Trio HAVE to be legendary cuz they created the world.

Rotom should be legendary, too.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom