• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The 1 on 1 RP Setup Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Do you like lower stakes RPs? Wanna develop a character in your fanfic? This is the place to find people to do smaller, 1 on 1 RPs with.

Also Bulbagarden/Roleplaying rules apply, both in this thread and 1 on 1 threads.

To set up an RP, post with the following template:

Rating you're comfortable with: (Everyone, Teen, Mature)
Character: (Something as simple as a little blurb about your character's personality is fine!)

If you see a post that sounds interesting to you, reply to that person and arrange things like the in-universe location, circumstances, whatever!

Users currently seeking out RPs:
Torchic W. Pip

Last edited:
  • Staff
Rating you're comfortable with: Shoot me up with anything, though I prefer to be notified what things specifically will be brought up.

Character: My focus is mainly on developing OCs, specifically fankids. I also have a few canon characters I sometimes RP as (The Main Three I talk about, though... thinking about developing some Paldea canon characters). Hit me up with your character(s), and I'll offer whoever I feel is the bestest for the RP.

Last edited:
Hi! I think I might want to join in sometime! I'm pretty new to RP stuff, but, I want to get into it more!

Rating: Anything up to T is probably okay, as I prefer lighter things? (this isn't a rule though)

Character: Lisia from ORAS! A bright and bubbly idol who loves to try new things and meet new people! She tries to be a force for good and help others, even at her own expense sometimes--she hates to see anyone sad, particularly those she's close to. (see this fic for her?)

Looking forwards to having fun~

• Staff
Hi! I think I might want to join in sometime! I'm pretty new to RP stuff, but, I want to get into it more!

Rating: Anything up to T is probably okay, as I prefer lighter things? (this isn't a rule though)

Character: Lisia from ORAS! A bright and bubbly idol who loves to try new things and meet new people! She tries to be a force for good and help others, even at her own expense sometimes--she hates to see anyone sad, particularly those she's close to. (see this fic for her?)

Looking forwards to having fun~
* raises hand * uhhhh okay so there's three ways we can go about the location:

• Your Pokéworld
  • My Pokéworld
  • A dimensional middle world (idk the Bulba Café of Transdimensional Travel)

* raises hand * uhhhh okay so there's three ways we can go about the location:

• Your Pokéworld
  • My Pokéworld
  • A dimensional middle world (idk the Bulba Café of Transdimensional Travel)
i might need to compare notes with torchic to see if his and mine are similar in functionality! i know his is more fleshed out than mine though (and the cafe(?) sounds kind of silly but in a super fun way!)

• Staff
i might need to compare notes with torchic to see if his and mine are similar in functionality! i know his is more fleshed out than mine though (and the cafe(?) sounds kind of silly but in a super fun way!)
What if we started a little cafe in the countryside...

But yeah shoot me up about world notes and stuff!

Sure, why not? I think that this can be really fun, haha!

Rating: Up to and including MATURE is fine.

Character: Nadine Itō (伊藤ナディーン), my original character based in an as-of-yet-undisclosed existing IP.

Nadine is a 16-year-old high school girl born of Japanese and French heritage. She was once a “bad girl” who bullied and demeaned others, but has since turned over a new leaf and is working to improve her attitude while atoning for her past actions. This is easier said that done for her, however, least of all because of a traumatic event from her past that she is still trying to process years after the fact, all while refusing to open up to anyone about it, not even her closest friends. She also hides another great secret: her ability to use magic. And not the kind that you see in magic shows…

Rating you're comfortable with: Teen
Character: Liam is my Flygon character from PS: Doctor's Orders. He's quick to form negative impressions of others, is cold, distant, and harsh towards who he disagrees with. With him seeing the worst of the Human-Pokemon War, it's easy to see why. Most notable feature is his scarred wings.

I am interested in the idea of a dimensional middle world for this RP.

Last edited:
i've ~got one~!

character:
june "echidna" nakamura (she/they, age 18), an oc of mine from the pokeverse (taking place five years after the end of the events of the johto games). she is a battling prodigy who was born in sinnoh but moved to paldea at a young age to attend manzana academy (my fictional replacement for the naranja/uva academies. they are functionally the exact same, i simply opted for a different name to avoid favoring either scarlet or violet as in-au canon. that's its only relevance, though). during their attendance at the school, their parents, both renowned officials in law enforcement (one a detective, the other a prosecutor) died in a freak accident... but she suspects there was something more to their deaths than what was reported. having graduated early, they have moved to johto and work as lance's apprentice, fighting crime alongside him in hopes of discovering the truth of her parents' death.
in her endeavors to do so, her biggest role under lance is a spy on his behalf - june may be a little-sibling figure to him, but to the world at large, echidna is a team rocket official known equally for her forcefulness and how terrifyingly quickly they moved up the rungs in their organization.
her current goal is trying to balance the many roles she has in her life: one of lance's closest allies, a traitorous team rocket executive, a simple pokemon trainer with dreams of dethroning the indigo league's current champion... and managing whatever complicated relationship she has with her honorary "little brother," a grumpy redhead with a bad attitude to mask the wounded soul lying beneath.

rating:
teen is what i'm shooting for (the story i'm drafting centered around her will be rated teen as it features some violence, profanity, and sensitive topics such as depression and other mental illnesses), but for an rp situation i have no issues with a mature setting and i can probably make her work with an everyone rating as well (though i then kindly ask that the rp take place in your world, as my setting is perhaps a bit gritty for that!).

Hi! If this is still open I’d like to do some of this!

character: Serena Yvonne, the Serena from my pokeverse
an introverted, sleep deprived 12 year old with a strange connection to zygarde.

Rating: preferably everyone, but teen works too.
HIII i like xy a lot and would love to maybe play calem...? i have my own headcanons about him and also one of my ocs is his mom lol, but i'd be interested in exploring the xy story with a twist Or post-xy or whatever else you had in mind :]

i've ~got one~!

character:
june "echidna" nakamura (she/they, age 18), an oc of mine from the pokeverse (taking place five years after the end of the events of the johto games). she is a battling prodigy who was born in sinnoh but moved to paldea at a young age to attend manzana academy (my fictional replacement for the naranja/uva academies. they are functionally the exact same, i simply opted for a different name to avoid favoring either scarlet or violet as in-au canon. that's its only relevance, though). during their attendance at the school, their parents, both renowned officials in law enforcement (one a detective, the other a prosecutor) died in a freak accident... but she suspects there was something more to their deaths than what was reported. having graduated early, they have moved to johto and work as lance's apprentice, fighting crime alongside him in hopes of discovering the truth of her parents' death.
in her endeavors to do so, her biggest role under lance is a spy on his behalf - june may be a little-sibling figure to him, but to the world at large, echidna is a team rocket official known equally for her forcefulness and how terrifyingly quickly they moved up the rungs in their organization.
her current goal is trying to balance the many roles she has in her life: one of lance's closest allies, a traitorous team rocket executive, a simple pokemon trainer with dreams of dethroning the indigo league's current champion... and managing whatever complicated relationship she has with her honorary "little brother," a grumpy redhead with a bad attitude to mask the wounded soul lying beneath.

rating:
teen is what i'm shooting for (the story i'm drafting centered around her will be rated teen as it features some violence, profanity, and sensitive topics such as depression and other mental illnesses), but for an rp situation i have no issues with a mature setting and i can probably make her work with an everyone rating as well (though i then kindly ask that the rp take place in your world, as my setting is perhaps a bit gritty for that!).
this one interests me a lot (big fan of johto), i'd love to discuss a possible rp? i have a few different timelines for what happens to team rocket after archer and the radio tower that i could see working for this? one in which the execs at the tower are arrested, one in which they flee and are on the run.... i think it'd be fun to explore via either me rping as one of the executives (i write Proton the most), as Lance, orrrr one of my rocket ocs post-disbandment? Or anyone else rlly, i'm very interested in June as a character

for both of you though as a note, i am disabled and work full time so responses may not be Super Fast on my part, if you need to poke me for a reply though that's perfectly fine! i have desktop notifs on for the forum so
but yea let me know !

this one interests me a lot (big fan of johto), i'd love to discuss a possible rp? i have a few different timelines for what happens to team rocket after archer and the radio tower that i could see working for this? one in which the execs at the tower are arrested, one in which they flee and are on the run.... i think it'd be fun to explore via either me rping as one of the executives (i write Proton the most), as Lance, orrrr one of my rocket ocs post-disbandment? Or anyone else rlly, i'm very interested in June as a character

for both of you though as a note, i am disabled and work full time so responses may not be Super Fast on my part, if you need to poke me for a reply though that's perfectly fine! i have desktop notifs on for the forum so
but yea let me know !
omg thank you!! im super invested in her too lol... i'd be really happy to rp with you, and no worries about responding, i don't mind!
feel free to pick whatever character and scenario you wish, i'm up for exploring really any situation with her so it's up to your personal preference (unless you want me to pick)
i'm actually about to head off to bed rn but!! i promise i will get back to your next message as soon as i can! and thank you once again, i look forward to it :bulbaLove:

Updating my post a little...

Rating you're comfortable with: mainly E for Everyone/E10+, or some tame T for Teen
Character: The classic Trio of Ash, Misty, and Brock, or I can work in Serena, May, Dawn, Liko, and/or Roy into the story (for my purposes, I throw the Horizons story out the window and have Liko and Roy be a part of Ash's world)

Storylines I am open to trying:

--epic fantasy quest, a la Zelda, early Final Fantasy, or Dragon Quest
--martial arts adventure, inspired by Pokemon Legends: Arceus and Pokemon Conquest
--performers of some kind--actors, musicians, dancers, storytellers, or some combination of these
--pick a country that's not Pokemonized yet, and Pokemonize it, or expand on the canon regions by expanding on a LOT more of their inspiration countries/states.

Last edited:
omg thank you!! im super invested in her too lol... i'd be really happy to rp with you, and no worries about responding, i don't mind!
feel free to pick whatever character and scenario you wish, i'm up for exploring really any situation with her so it's up to your personal preference (unless you want me to pick)
i'm actually about to head off to bed rn but!! i promise i will get back to your next message as soon as i can! and thank you once again, i look forward to it :bulbaLove:
wooo awesome !! i am...not the greatest at making decisions especially since i have so many ideas, so if you could pick something that'd be appreciated? if you don't have any ideas just let me know and i can figure something out :] also these are my tr ocs if any of them catch your eye as characters to rp with? not all of them have complete profiles though! (also if links to toyhouse are not allowed and that gets removed from this post i will just post their info on a blog here or smth!)

wooo awesome !! i am...not the greatest at making decisions especially since i have so many ideas, so if you could pick something that'd be appreciated? if you don't have any ideas just let me know and i can figure something out :] also these are my tr ocs if any of them catch your eye as characters to rp with? not all of them have complete profiles though! (also if links to toyhouse are not allowed and that gets removed from this post i will just post their info on a blog here or smth!)
ok hi so i checked out your TR ocs! and i!! love them!!! i think mayu might work the best out of them possibly, especially with the proton stuff? otherwise proton himself or lance! you can pick (once again, unless you want me to) bc i do want you to have a say in things but-
my version of the pokeverse is very much just the pokeverse with only minor adjustments to account for game version differences, but it's nothing that really comes into play here i think. and it takes place 5 years after johto, so where my fanon TR is at currently is... very messy, some people are still trying to find giovanni and think the team can't be returned to its true glory or whatever without him while others believe he's never coming back and are fighting among themselves for power over the team and whatnot, so a bunch of internal discord for various reasons. if that sounds up your alley that totally works, otherwise i'm chill with your world as well!
(also for a point of reference bc why not: lance is 33 and silver is 17? and june's team is zoroark/togekiss/dragalge/espeon/breloom/runerigus)

ok hi so i checked out your TR ocs! and i!! love them!!! i think mayu might work the best out of them possibly, especially with the proton stuff? otherwise proton himself or lance! you can pick (once again, unless you want me to) bc i do want you to have a say in things but-
my version of the pokeverse is very much just the pokeverse with only minor adjustments to account for game version differences, but it's nothing that really comes into play here i think. and it takes place 5 years after johto, so where my fanon TR is at currently is... very messy, some people are still trying to find giovanni and think the team can't be returned to its true glory or whatever without him while others believe he's never coming back and are fighting among themselves for power over the team and whatnot, so a bunch of internal discord for various reasons. if that sounds up your alley that totally works, otherwise i'm chill with your world as well!
(also for a point of reference bc why not: lance is 33 and silver is 17? and june's team is zoroark/togekiss/dragalge/espeon/breloom/runerigus)
i'd love to do mayu! i could also throw in some paragraphs as proton (or any other executive, i've written them all extensively) if we need them? though as a heads up my portrayals of the execs are headcanon-heavy, considering we don't have much for them in canon.... they keep what little they have ingame but i've thrown a lot more at them
and i'm totally fine w your world!

I'd like to RP to further develop some characters for my fanfic. I’m fine with all ratings, but not with all things. I’d prefer some ‘world-neutral’ setting. Just character interactions, simple plot, short Pokémon battle are all fine with me.

The characters are:
May – is a Trainer who goes on a journey to become the strongest Pokémon Trainer (just your normal protagonist). She doesn’t like weak Pokémon.
Brendan – is May’s rival. His first Pokémon was Mudkip. (Both he and May are around the age of 12.)
And a character who’s basically Leaf, but in the anime-inspired world. Her main Pokémon is Glaceon. She’s 17 – 19 years old.

I’ll provide more info about them if you need that before setting up an RP!

I’ll do the other player character than hydrogenium if you want, i need to develop them too

They’re both also around 12, with May being an enthusiastic battler who will never let a chance to battle slip by, and Brendan being probably the most like a “normal” person in his friend group.

Back
Top Bottom