• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The 1 on 1 RP Setup Thread

I’ll do the other player character than hydrogenium if you want, i need to develop them too

They’re both also around 12, with May being an enthusiastic battler who will never let a chance to battle slip by, and Brendan being probably the most like a “normal” person in his friend group.
I'll go with Brendan I guess? I probably have a clearer idea of what I want for his character...

So, what about the setting? Also, I think it'll be easier for me with some simple plot line or something...

Sure! I think I have more with May anyways.

For the setting, maybe we can use just a simple route in hoenn? Maybe they were looking for a Pokémon here and ran into eachother? I’m not the best with plots… but would they know eachother? I’m asking a bunch of questions but I genuinely don’t know

Hmmm… kept debating putting out my feelers here and I think I’ll finally take the plunge.

I’m comfortable with all ratings, but I will say I like to lean TEEN and MATURE.

As for character(s), you know the ones. (The two fools from the Battle Subway I draw too much.) I can RP both of them!

I will preface that my rp style is VERY tumblr-esque (overly flowery) so I would like a partner that’s okay with long replies! As for what the plot of the RP is… I’ve been RPing a lot of AUs lately, but I’m fine with canon verse or setting up an AU. I like plotting a bit in DMs usually but I’m also cool with absolutely winging it. As for genre… anything is on the table, from slice of life to fantasy or what have you. I’m a little shy, and I usually RP on discord, but I’d like to try something here as sort of a practice before I post my own bigger RP schemes!

sorry about the double post but uh I should probably share my character huh

Name: Ivory
Sexuality: Bisexual

Ivory is confident, exciteable and headstrong in disposition, sometimes her impulsiveness leading to her detriment. She cares about her friends and family very much, and would do anything for them, to keep them safe, or to just make them feel better when they’re down. When in the face of a challenge, she’s normally unpredictable in her methods, favoring diversity over calculation. She might come up with a constructed plan now and again, but most of the time she’ll brute force her way through and see what happens. (The “fuck around and find out” method if you will)

sorry about the double post but uh I should probably share my character huh
No worries!! Is this the character you wanna use? And do you have any idea for the kind of plot or flavor you wanna do? We can likely plot more in DMs but just getting an idea before we do!

uhh I'm bad at planning stories TwT (do you think you could possibly concept a lil idea we can both build on somewhat?

also yeah I'm using that character.

Sure! I think I have more with May anyways.

For the setting, maybe we can use just a simple route in hoenn? Maybe they were looking for a Pokémon here and ran into eachother? I’m not the best with plots… but would they know eachother? I’m asking a bunch of questions but I genuinely don’t know
Some generic Hoenn route sounds good! It would make the most sense if they did not know each other... I think not having a plot planned is not a problem as it's just for character development, so it could be fun to 'make things up as we go'? I do have some plot ideas though, so I can give this some direction - either as we go, or I'll PM you and we can properly plan it? Whichever suits you the best!

Hmmm… kept debating putting out my feelers here and I think I’ll finally take the plunge.

I’m comfortable with all ratings, but I will say I like to lean TEEN and MATURE.

As for character(s), you know the ones. (The two fools from the Battle Subway I draw too much.) I can RP both of them!

I will preface that my rp style is VERY tumblr-esque (overly flowery) so I would like a partner that’s okay with long replies! As for what the plot of the RP is… I’ve been RPing a lot of AUs lately, but I’m fine with canon verse or setting up an AU. I like plotting a bit in DMs usually but I’m also cool with absolutely winging it. As for genre… anything is on the table, from slice of life to fantasy or what have you. I’m a little shy, and I usually RP on discord, but I’d like to try something here as sort of a practice before I post my own bigger RP schemes!
Also! While I know I am plotting an RP with Catz, I want to say I'm still open for... two more RPs! o/ If anyone is interested! I will add to this though and preface I also tend to steer away from combat RP stuff ... (I don't mind it in moderation, but I don't like it to be the focus) I really enjoy writing drama stuff LOL... Thank you for interest<3

I love overly flowery RP hell yeah

Debating throwing one of my blorbos at you so uhhhhhh what would work best for you: fish person, bird woman, or rock man?

oh hey torchic!!

in the future do you think we could do an RP together? I think it'd be really fun

I'd be down, if you're cool with it. Still waiting on Blanc for another RP i'm doing, but I'm sure I can use another character.

Back
Top Bottom