• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The 10th movie: makes sense to you?

Reaction score
So Dialga and Palkia, just "randomly" find each other, in the reverse world, and fight each other.

Does that make sense to you?

I mean, they were both created by Arceus, so they both know each other, so why would they be fighting each other? This is where the movie didn't make sense to me.

Maybe the 11th movie will clarify it. The Pokemon anime isn't meant to be looked into deeply and thought about. This is a series that doesn't go above TV Y7-FV.

I mean, they were both created by Arceus, so they both know each other, so why would they be fighting each other?

Perhaps they were fighting because it is part of a battle that has been ongoing for many years? Perhaps they were fighting because it is their destiny to battle for dominion over the world?

It commonly happens in mythology that two siblings of a ruler will fight, often to the death, over their father's domain. In addition, it is evident that the battle was not something new as the Oracion was stored in the towers. This was yet another case of an epic battle between gods.

So they've been fighting for nearly 13.7 billion years?

Uh huh.

In addition, it is evident that the battle was not something new as the Oracion was stored in the towers.
Nah, the Oracion is needed only when they come to this universe. They could have fought for 13 billion years in their other dimension before coming here.

I hope the 11th movie clears up/explains what their fight was all about.

Edit: In any event, I was a bit disappointed to not see this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wiuFz-YWntE music there (or a variation of it).

I mean, they were both created by Arceus, so they both know each other, so why would they be fighting each other? This is where the movie didn't make sense to me.

Two words. Sibling Rivalry. :p

but seriously, just because they were both created by Arceus, doesn't mean they would know each other, and since we don't really know what Arceus's intentions were, maybe the two were never supposed to meet.

Then there's the fact that a lot of Pokémon are territorial, Rayquaza went all berserk on Deoxys for simply passing through the Ozone layer. (Infact, isn't there a line in the movie about Dialga enter Palkia's territory or vise-versa?)

EDIT: Beaten to the post.

I'm pretty sure in the movie it said they were never met to cross paths, or something like that.

So how did they end up crossing paths? They seemed to do it pretty easily. You would think if they weren't supposed to meet, something (i.e. Arceus) would be trying to prevent that.

My thought always was that their fight represents the space-time continuum. In movie 10 something went wrong (Palkia's 'wound') and it became unbalanced. But that's just a random thought.

Um...

This is a Pokemon movie. Kids beat up people twice their age on the show that provides its source material and keep creatures in balls.

Since when was making sense a prereq?

I'm sure it would be explained eventually, since all the movies for diamond/pearl seem to be connected. I don't know why anyone would excuse a lack of an explanation for a simple question just because its Pokemon. The series isn't THAT bad.

Material for the 11th movie suggests Dialga sealed Giratina in the Torn World [which is NOT the side dimension from Movie 10] It's likely that the battle between Dialga and Palkia is tied to something involving that.

It felt to me like it was a plot leftover from a Groudon vs Kyogre movie and they just switched the names around because those two were old news by that point.

You have to admit, though-it was a pretty effective way to get into a Pokemon movie.

It kind of confused me on how the two met, and I don't think movie 11 is going to help (trailers seem to make it gear towards Shaymin).

But, we can always make theories.

It is vague purely so fans can speculate.

I do not understand how the two can fight in the wild however - Palkia exists outside of space and Dialga outside outside of time unless Cyrus uses the Red Chain. How could the two possibly cross paths?

Because they inhabit a space removed from our world/universe?

I suppose the person to ask would be Spencer Hale, since he spent a good amount of time in (presumably) that dimension.

If we do get an explanation, it will probably be in the Arceus movie rather than the upcoming one. That would be the time for exposition on Arcues' creations.
So they've been fighting for nearly 13.7 billion years?

Uh huh.
Fictional universe.

But there's nothing to say that they can't have been taking shots at each other every time they crossed paths during the history of the Pokémon universes.

So Dialga and Palkia, just "randomly" find each other, in the reverse world, and fight each other.
Aren't the two described as being very wild? While we do have legendaries who hold great intelligence (Lugia comes to mind), many of them are just as stupid (if not more) than some of the regular pokemon. The two hold extremely high spots in the world of pokemon, perhaps they were competing over power? Or maybe some of that and a little bit of territory? After all, even animals in our world can get seriously ticked off if somebody comes in and starts stepping on their toes.

I mean, they were both created by Arceus, so they both know each other, so why would they be fighting each other?
Who says they need to know each other? Just because they come from the same "father" means squat. There are LOADS of kids who grow up totally clueless about a brother or sister. Maybe they adopt them out, maybe a kid died before them or something...*shrugs* It does happen.

So how did they end up crossing paths? They seemed to do it pretty easily. You would think if they weren't supposed to meet, something (i.e. Arceus) would be trying to prevent that.
Arceus is a bad god. :p

But seriously, the writers messed themselves up on that one. They could've definitely kept the whole "if they meet, a great battle will ensue" storyline, but instead they stabbed themselves in the foot by adding "they were never suppose to meet". It was probably done for drama and "legendary purposes", but in the end it just resulted in a plot hole.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom