• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest The 1st Annual Pokemon Ugly Contest

Youngster_Joey

Hurrrrr...
Reaction score
Hello everyone! You've all may have discussed, either with your friends or online, of how a certain pokemon's existence is just so disgraceful, so awful, that you consider yourself better off by pretending it doesn't exist. However, have you considered that the one you think is ugly may be outclassed by others?

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, feast your eyes on some of the most hideous, most gruesome concepts to exist in the Pokemon franchise! Among these nominees, who do you think is the ugliest pig of the litter? Step right up and cast your votes!

All votes will be tallied on January 3, 2011 so hurry it up and make your votes count!

And here are the lists of all the contestants:

096Drowzee.png

Drowzee
Nickname: "The Hideous Dream"
Probably one of the first "ugly" pokemon in existence (if you don't count the fact that a number of sprites in the first gen looked hideous, anyway). It's fat, it has an elephant trunk nose, a wicked grin and squinty eyes that all together makes this pokemon scream "I'm an ugly doofus." While this guy might appear to be an easy vote, keep in mind the other gruesome pageants it's up against!

097Hypno.png

Hypno
Nickname: "That NOSE, dude..."
Drowzee's evolution doesn't really look better. While he's certainly lost some weight, the nose went from that of an ugly tapir to some long, disgusting filth. And it STILL has those creepy, squinty eyes!

20100326161803%21463Lickilicky.png

Lickilicky
Nickname: "Babble Baby"
"PFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT!!" Is the cry I imagine this thing making if it were a real animal. If Likitung wasn't already bad enough, it now looks fat to the point of being bloated, and that tongue, man, that TONGUE. All of it's features is convincing enough to believe that this pokemon has an IQ no greater than 50, and it probably needs to have a diaper change.

20100721215628!150Mewtwo.png

Mewtwo
Nickname: "Anorexic God"
You all might not agree that Mewtwo belongs as a candidate for the Ugly Contest, but really, just look at it. Compared to it's counterpart, it's as if Mew himself took a combination of steroids, crystal meth, and maybe some heroin. Not to mention, what's with that cord that connects it's head to it's spinal cord? This thing just looks creepy.

120px-454Toxicroak.png

Toxicroak
Nickname: "Crooked Creeper"
When I first saw this pokemon, I actually thought that the series was going on a downhill slope. It looks lanky, has a giant red bulge under it's neck, and some random horn on it's head that seemingly disallows it to stand completely upright. The crooked smile tops it, too.

299Nosepass.png

Nosepass
Nickname: "The Nose that Knows"
Dear god, dear friggin' GOD! This thing remains one of the most hideous concepts in the franchise. I know, it's based off a Moai Head, but come on, a giant nose!? Even it's cry sounds ugly.

476Probopass.png

Probopass
Nickname: "Ugly's Big Brother"
Take everything about Nosepass and magnify it two times. You are bound to end up with this. Now it has some weird, fluff of pubic hair growing from under it's GIANT FREAKIN' NOSE, and it's cry sounds worse! Such a monstrosity might make this candidate a tough one to match.

20101218011007!537Gamageroge.png

Gamageroge
Nickname: "King Wart's Retarded Brother"
It seems that after Toxicroak was introduced, Game Freak decreed that every frog-based pokemon must look ugly and deformed. This guy's body is decorate with GIANT WARTS, and it's hands look like something out of a Popeye cartoon... Actually, I might be going overboard with that, because the Fleischer Brothers wouldn't want to come up with something that would terrify the masses in such a way as this.

124Jynx.png

Jynx
Nickname: "Suga' Momma'"
Jynx is the kind of pokemon you'd see in a dream. A dream where a fat, double d-breasted oprah singer decided to stalk you and molest you to death. From it's fat lips to it's blank stare, Jynx may not appear to be much at first sight, but if you stare into it's eyes for a little while longer...

20100417202137!210Granbull.png

Granbull
Nickname: "The World's Ugliest Dog's Bodyguard"
Something just looks incredibly wrong with Granbull. Those huge, protruding teeth that appears to be part of it's jaw... Speaking of that jaw, wow... It's huge... It doesn't look nice at all... It's just UGH! Dont even bother asking me why it's called a "fairy pokemon", either.

260Swampert.png

Swampert
Nickname: "Creature of the Creep Lagoon"
Something must have gone horribly wrong to have such an adorable pokemon like mudkip evolve into this... Thing. Are it's eyes connected to it's fins!? This thing is just a disgrace.

294Loudred.png

Loudred
Nickname: "RAAAAARAAAARAAGUUH!"
Pokemon evolution is such an interesting concept. It's amazing how something that is the equivalent to Jigglypuff can evolve into some big mouthed, squinty-eyed, fat lipped freak of nature. Ears aren't the only thing this pokemon destroys, so does your eyes.

and finally...

569Dasutodasu.png

Dasutodasu
Nickname: "The Ugly Dumpling"
The moment that a "garbage bag" pokemon came into existence in the fifth gen, I could see how Game Freak was really digging towards the bottom of the barrel for ideas, but hey, could they have at least come up with a design that doesn't look as disgraceful as this? It's fat, appears to have some sort of scoliosis, and a mouth that looks like it wants to tear your flesh into shreds. Good lord, why does this thing exist!?

Dasutodasu, no contest. What can be any more worse than a pile of trash? Awful, just awful. >_<

dasutodasu.
:B

seriously what kind of pokemon is THAT?
from first sight: looked like a fan made pokemon to me

the others have something to make up for their ugliness, like mewtwo, granbull, and swampert's badassery. lickilicky does not

Granbull for me. There's something about those ears and protruding jaw that makes it look weird to me.

Gamageroge would of been runner up but its usefulness in battle offsets its uncanny appearance.

Edit: Crap, I got my vote mixed up. I meant to hit Granbull.

Probopass for me. I hate that moustache. Swampert is also pretty ugly. I've never liked Swampert.

I'm surprised Granbull got on here yet Dialga or any of though legendary dragons from Gen 4 didn't.

Toxicroak and Dasutodasu win for me.

Gamageroge and Datsutodasu. Hideous creatures that crawled from the deepest depths of people's worst nightmares.

I'm surprised Granbull got on here yet Dialga or any of though legendary dragons from Gen 4 didn't.
Not to mention Mewtwo.

I really don't think any Pokémon is "ugly", myself. The closest would be Scyther, and it's not here. Also, Gamagaru... now that's creepy.

Um... out of these... either Loudred or Dasutodasu. I find both of them funny, though. Most of the Pokés here, actually. Mewtwo is badass.

I guess I'll go with Dasutodasu. It's a bit more off-putting than Loudred, but it's still pretty cool.

Where is Magmar on this poll? It's a duck lizard with scab-ridden arms and a tumorous anus for a head. How's that not prime material for the ugly crown?
:(

I actually like all these guys, bar perhaps Jynx, but in any case, Dustdasu the garbage bag gets my vote. It was obviously purposely designed to be as rupugnant as it is, and I reckon they were pretty damn successful in that regard. It also makes me think of what Totoro may look like if he hadn't bathed in over a decade. If you're able to make a guy imagine cuddly characters coated in a layer of germ-ridden scum, you're on the right track.

Hypno for me. Besides being plain ugly it's also scary. It gives it a boost.

But I agree that you could have added Purugly and maybe also the Kami trio as well (XP).

Dasutodasu because when i first saw it i thought it was made out of shit and the thing just is gross.

I'm the first person to say this but I think that Swampert is the ugliest because I just can't get over the eyes attached to the fin thing. It's creepy!!!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom