• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The 7 Alchemic Planets of Sun and Moon

PurplePopplio

Gone again for who knows how long. :/
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Any
This is a theory that I came up with last night. It all fits so well together. Also, remember that this is just a theory and not fact.

The seven alchemic planets are the Moon, Mercury, Venus, the Sun, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Each planet is associated with a legendary or an Ultra Beast.

1. The Moon
The Moon is represented of course by Lunala. A bat is seen as a symbol of the Moon.

2. Mercury
Mercury is represented by UB-01 and Lillie. Lillie is seen as a girl who:
- Dislike Pokemon battles
- Cares for Pokemon
- Loves to read
- Intelligent
- Is based on the lily flower

Symbols of Mercury:
- Open-mindedness. Lillie is open to new ideas due to all the books she has read.
- New ideas
- Intelligence
- Planet of the mind
- Friendship. Lillie see Pokemon as friends and hates to see them get hurt in battle.
- Communication. Lillie has a wide vocabulary due to all the reading she has done.
-
Mercury.png

• Crescent opening upward: It's a gesture of receptivity, an acceptance of new ideas.
• Perfect circle: It's the formulation of whole concepts, making ideas real and substantial
• Equal armed cross: It's the solidification of thought. Thoughts manifest in the material world. Basically, a midwife to thoughts.

Animal symbolism:
- Caduceus
Caduceus.png

• Double snakes: A symbol of duality, a unification of polar opposites, a strike of harmony. Lille is peaceful while UB-01 is dangerous.
• Spiralling serpents:
Undulating, an up and down movement, dance of cosmic forces. Everyone has energy inside. UB-01 contains cosmic energy.
• Staff:
The emissary of transference between the body or phycial (Lillie) and the mind or spiritual (UB-01).
It's also a connection between the mundane or earthly (Lillie) and the ethereal or spiritual (UB-01).
• Wings:
A protective icon like Lillie is protective over Pokemon.
The synthesis of opposites with goal of unification and transformation, Lillie transforming into UB-01.
• This staff was carried by Aesculapius (Greek), who is the god of healing. Lillie heals Pokemon who are hurt in battle.

Other symbols of Mercury:
- Associated with the lily which symbolises a calmness of gender and the purity of wisdom. White is the color of purity and Lillie is very wise.
- Yellow which symbolises Intellect and clarity.
- Ones which symbolises initation, becoming part of a group, and drive.

3. Venus
Venus is represented by UB-02 Beauty and Lusamine who is seen as:
- A loving caretaker to all native and foreign Pokemon as well as Pokemon from different worlds
- Very beautiful

Symbol of Venus:
-
Venus.png

• A symbol of spiritual (UB-02 Beauty) and material (Lusamine)
• Circle: A symbol of only inclusion, Pokemon are only included in Lusamine's island of paradise, and the vibrating construct of love, Lusamine loves all Pokemon
• Cross: All matter is birthed from a spiritually inclusive, loving womb. A unification of Lusamine and UB-02 is seen as a mother figure to Pokemon.

Other symbols of Venus:
- Love
- Beauty
-Attraction
- Femininity
- Harmony (A paradise is seen as a harmonious place)
- Ruler of Taurus and Libra which are lovers of beauty, style and elegance. Three traits that Lusamine and UB-02 Beauty possess.
- Also associated with the lily which symbolises purity (white), cleansing (white) and loveliness.

4. The Sun
The Sun is obviously represented by Solgaleo. The Sun is the ruler of Leo.

5. Mars
Mars is represented by Marshadow.

Symbols of Mars:
- It's influential in illumination our vision.
- The ruler of Scorpio which symbolises retreat, death and submerging
- The ruler of Aries which symbolises new beginnings, birth and initiation
- Thus Mars is the natural rhythms of life and death
- A confrontation of our deepest, darkest secrets
- To drive a spike of active understanding in the heart of our shadows
- To renew our understanding about who we are in the context of our shadow natures
- A synchronicity with Mars' orbit causes us to burn through the darkness, our shadows, with a ferocious kind of illumination

6. Jupiter
Jupiter is represented by UB-02 Expansion and Gladion who is seen as:
- The Enforcer of Team Skull
- A big believer in Pokemon's strength
- The Trainer of Type: Null

Symbol of Jupiter:
-
Jupiter.png

• Crescent: It is seen as a two and an evolutionary development, maturity and the gathering of knowledge over a time of growth.
• Cross: A meeting of ideas and the combination of two paths of philosophy. Both representing the formation of Type: Null.

Other symbols of Jupiter:
- Closely alligned with manifestation, the appearance of a spirit, UB-02 Expansion.
- Authority. Gladion is the authority of Team Skull. He makes the rules and enforces them.
- Supremacy. Gladion has more power than other Trainers and Team Skull members due to Type: Null.
- Justice. Rules are the base of justice.
- Zeus (Greek), whose rule and judgment is law.
- Crown, sword, lightning bolt, throne and eagle. All these are symbollic with power, confidence, authority, rulership, wisdom and dominion or control.
- Zeta which has a value of seven, means perfection (Type: Null could be seen as an attempt at perfection), scholarly pursuit and order
- The ruler of Sagittarius which is associated with wisdom, teacher, traveler and an expansion of the circle of influience to gain more knowledge.

7. Saturn
Saturn is represented by UB-03 and by ???.

Symbol of Saturn:
-
Saturn.png

• Cross: A culmination or completion of matter and the function of an intense focus
• Crescent: Symbolises receptivity, a scythe/sickle, the themes of death and the opportune moment of harvesting current life

Other symbols of Saturn:
- A recycle of old to new
- Based on Saturn who dethroned his father, Uranus. This symbolises the changing of an old regime (death) to a new one (rebirth)
- Chinese symbolism of rulership and imperial control in regulation
- Governs the owl who is commonly misunderstood as the symbol of death
- The ruler of Capricorn which means a slow, methodical (In a careful and logical way) and purposeful structural movement through life
- A limiting, restrictive planet. The opposite of Jupiter.
- Domination
- Authority
- Stubborn
- Unrevealed power
- A facilitating (To make a process possible or easier) energy

So spoiler tags are out of style I guess

I see. So he would be the traditional 3rd major legendary of the generation, then.

Not according to other leaks which suggest it's an event Pokémon.

Well, if Riddler's most recent leak is correct... (If this post is not appropriate for this thread, mods may remove it)

Marshadow's typing is Ghost/Fighting. That actually fits well with its name referencing the astrological Mars. It would be extremely effective in combating Solgaleo/Lunala type
wise, and fits the notion of the 3rd mascot always being the opposite of sorts to the box legends.

The event Pokemon of this gen might be the pre-evo of Solgaleo/Lunala. Not sure what that would reference in alchemy, other than the beginning process?

I don't think this would a thing in Sun and Moon. From what I have seen, we are getting mostly guardians as legendaries along with mascots, possible third legend and an older legendary from a previous gen.

Well, if Riddler's most recent leak is correct... (If this post is not appropriate for this thread, mods may remove it)

Marshadow's typing is Ghost/Fighting. That actually fits well with its name referencing the astrological Mars. It would be extremely effective in combating Solgaleo/Lunala type
wise, and fits the notion of the 3rd mascot always being the opposite of sorts to the box legends.

The event Pokemon of this gen might be the pre-evo of Solgaleo/Lunala. Not sure what that would reference in alchemy, other than the beginning process?
Shame for the people who want a Poison-type legendary.

Ghost-type could fit with death symbolism and Fighting-type could fit with the idea of us fighting with our deepest, darkest natures.

The beginning would symbolize birth and Solgaleo and Lunala would symbolize death or the end.

I don't think this would a thing in Sun and Moon. From what I have seen, we are getting mostly guardians as legendaries along with mascots, possible third legend and an older legendary from a previous gen.
It's not just legendaries. The Ultra Beasts are connected as well. The guardians are more associated with the traditions of the region than the planets. Solgaleo, Lunala and Marshadow are more planet-based.

I agree with the crux of this theory! However, I've been looking at it as 7 processes. Also, I am beginning to get very confident there is a secret eighth process/planet. All involves the starter secrets, and everything behind Type: Null and it's evolution. It is all alchemy based. The secret process is directly related to this phrase; anyone seen it before??

Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem

I agree with the crux of this theory! However, I've been looking at it as 7 processes. Also, I am beginning to get very confident there is a secret eighth process/planet. All involves the starter secrets, and everything behind Type: Null and it's evolution. It is all alchemy based. The secret process is directly related to this phrase; anyone seen it before??

Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem
Thank you! It's nice to see someone agree with at least some of it. :)

The phrase means:
"Visit the interior of the earth, and by rectifying you will find the hidden stone, which is the true medicine."

Had to google the phrase to be honest. :p

I am assuming the hidden stone refers to the Philosopher's Stone.

The true medicine is Azoth, the universal medicine.

Retifying could mean the process of turning lead into gold, the purest form of alchemy.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom