• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The 78th Annual Hunger Games! (The Hunger Games Reboot) [Non-Pokemon RP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebansu

ew
Reaction score
The 78th Annual Hunger Games

"Welcome to the 78th Annual Hunger Games!" Bellowed the game master into his microphone, his voice filling the arena, "May the odd be ever in your favour! Now it is with pleasure that I say, Let the Games BEGIN!"

This is the 78th Annual Hunger Games, no rebellion happened? Katniss and Peter, both alive, both survived the Hunger Games, but there was no uproar, nothing happened, it was just left to pass. District 13? You don't even know it's there.

To be in this RP you are not required to have watched the film or read the book! Just read the wiki or whatever! You'll get the jist!

24 tributes, two from each of the twelve districts are entering the Hunger Games arena. The Hunger Games is a game of survival, a fight to the death amongst the 24 tributes, only one can come out alive

Rules:
No walking over to someone, and just killing them without them putting up a fight. ( Combat is explained later in the Sign Up)
I don't really care about swearing, just don't go doing it for the sake of it.
Keep romance PG – 13.
If you have been asked to decide the outcome of a fight, then you must be neutral.
If we don't get enough sign ups, then there will be NPCS. Most will die in the bloodbath at the beginning, but there will be four who escape. If I feel that someone hasn't really had a chance to RP because their character has already died, I'll give them the opportunity to create an SU for one of the NPCS and use them.
For this NPC thing to work, I'll have to say, one tribute each. Otherwise things will get complicated.
Break any of these rules once you will be issued a warning, and depending on what sort of mood I'm in things might become pretty difficult for you ;) Do it again, temporary ban from the RP, third time and you're out. Simple enough.
Also may I just say one thing? Anybody found being disrespectful in OOC to any one in this roleplay, and you'll be temporary banned for at least 24 hours, if you're having an argument then you end it before I come online and end it for you. I own't just be issuing temp bans for this either, some might be permanaent depending on how extreme the assualt is on the other player.

How Combat Works:
First of all you have to find your opponent, you can't just say '….spotted.....' you have to have been near them.
No one hit KO's that person has to have had a chance to reply.
You get one dodge every battle.
Once you're both injured enough someone who isn't in the RP, (who was in and has already been killed) or a neutral RPer will decide who can deliver the final blow, and kill their opponent. If though, they decide, that all fighters, have taken an equal amount of damage, they can tell someone to flee.
No instant recoveries, and if you've been seriously injured then the decider can say that you have fatal injuries, that if aren't cured within a matter of time, you will die.

How Sponsors Work:
If you have done something worthy enough in the RP of being rewarded then a GM or co-GM can send a package to you, containing one thing. You can decide what's in it, as long as it's believable. Remember, you're in a game that encourages you to fight to the death, no one;s going to send you a fluffy teddy.

How Moving Works:
There will be a map. Each square in this map will say how long it takes to travel across this square.
There will be key in the map describing what the terrain is like in different areas. This is so people won't just go and find water straight away, and make up some imaginary trees. Every now and then I'll ask for each person to post their co-ordinates (which square you're in.) So I can check if anyone's cheating, and so people can see if they're close to each other etc.
If you're caught cheating for the first time then one battle dodge will be taken away from you. For a second time and you won't be allowed any sponsor packages. Third, and you're out of the RP. Simple.

The Sign up:
Name: self explanatory
Nickname: optional
District: what district are you from?
Personality: Just a brief thing so we can get to know your character.
Appearance: again just a brief thing. Don't bother with clothes, just mainly facial stuff and height
History: this is optional, I'll probably just scan this section if you do chose to write something.
Specialities: what is the tribute good at? Camouflage? Archery? Are they an all rounder? Don't make your tribute amazing at everything though.
Other: anything else you might like to add, including questions.

My Sign Up:

Name: Keelin Caecilia
Nickname: N/A
District: District 11
Personality: Keelin is quite smart, she's generally quite good at thinking up tactics, and isn't a foolish sort of person either. She isn't quiet, but is cautious of people, and may appear shy at first.
Appearance: Keelin has long black hair which she ties in a ponytail for the Games. She isn't massively tall, but is still around average height. She has green eyes, and a pale complexion.
History: N/A
Specialities: She is good at setting traps and can fight quite well with a spear.
Other: N/A

THE TRIBUTES

District 1:
Male: Moanco Gordon (That Guy)
Female:

District 2:
Male:
Female:

District 3:
Male:
Female:

District 4:
Male:
Female:

District 5:
Male: Reece (RegiReece)
Female: Dawn Berlitz (Leavanny)

District 6:
Male:
Female:

District 7:
Male:
Female:

District 8:
Male:
Female:

District 9:
Male:
Female:

District 10:
Male:
Female:

District 11:
Male:
Female: Keelin Caecilia (ebansu)

Distrct 12:
Male:
Female:

ALSO one last thing! I need a Co-GM! If you're interested please write in your other why you think you might deserve to be a Co-GM in this RP! I'll hear you out even if you have no experience whatsoever! Also I won't accept a co-GM until SU's close to give everyone a fair chance!

Last edited:
Name: Dawn Berlitz
District: 5
Personality: She cares a lot about other beings, and responds fast to attacks.
Appearance: Black hair, dark gray eyes, and around 5' 6"
Specialities: Archery and scavenging out supplies

Name: Reece
District: 5
Personality: A nature lover, though he wont admit it. Spends most of his dreaming about living out in the wild, living care free. Has no family so looks out for only himself.
Appearance: Short brown hair, Brown eyes, 6"3' tall, Athletic build, tattoo on his right arm
History: Reece's parents died when he was 12 years old, and so lived alone. He fed himself, cleaned himself and bought himself up.
Specialities: Archery (If there isnt too many already), Foraging, Hunting, Making Traps.
Other: Im happy to GM with you. I've Gm'ed a few RP's and im in the proccess of GM'ing a private Hunger Games RP too. I also want to write a fanfic hunger games story, and would love to base it on something with input from everyone here.
Hope this SU is acceptable?

Last edited:
Yeah sure Regi ^_^ Accepted! I'll note you down as a contendor for co-GM! :D (I can't accept anyone yet because I have to give everyone a chance)

And Leavanny you're, of ,course, accepted! :)

I'll add both of you to the list now!

Brill, thanks! Can you do me a huge favour and inbox me when the RP starts? (tapatalk for iPhone doesn't show mentions)

Yeah sure! (I never use mentions anyway, that's probably where I'm going wrong though XD)

Just casually transferring my SU across, if that's okay...

Name: Monaco Gordon

District: 1

Personality: He can be very naive at times, perhaps verging on blatant gullibility. However, he is aware of this as a character flaw, and consciously makes up for it by being highly suspicious of others. That said, if he trusts someone, he will do so almost blindly. Despite all of this, his default mood is one of cheerful ambivolence.

Appearance: He is of medium height and middle-length dark black hair. His skin tone is somewhat pale, and his teeth are notably angular.

Specialities: He has fair athletic capabilities, making him more the sort to run away than fight. In armed combat, though, knives- or blades in general- are his weapon of choice.

Other: I wouldn't mind co-GM'ing...you know, if possible.

Don't worry XD I did it too! And I'm encouraging that because no one wants to rewrite it XD Accepted (of course) !And yep! You'll be under consideration for co-GM! :D

Not sure to be honest Regi, but I think it's tripped and fallen on the way unfortunately but we'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom