• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The absolute best Best Wishes episode(s) to date?

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
gimme your opinions!

...so I know which ones that are worth a rewatch :d

"Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!!" - It's funny, entertaining, it has awesome animation, and ahihihihi.

"Beware of Cute Faces! Emonga Paralyzes!!" - I really liked the interactions between Pokémon in the Emonga episodes, but this one has Bel so it's more amusing than the other episode. Lol, I forgot she was in the second episode too... XD I still like this one better, though.

"The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" - This has its fun moments too, but it also has quite the frightening atmosphere and a thrilling climax, which makes it memorable.

Does the preview for Plasma episodes count? :p

Edit: Blah, I mentioned Bel and didn't even remember her debut episode. That's a good one too!

Last edited:
I'll give the dub titles and the Japanese titles for convenience.

Minccino-Neat and Tidy!/Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?: This episode debuted Bianca, one of my favourite characters, and this was overall a fun and entertaining episode to watch.

Scraggy - Hatched to be Wild!/The Wild Child that Hatched From the Egg!: Because Scraggy had really good personality and hated every living thing when it was born, but by the end it was cheerier and a kinder Pokemon overall.

Battling For the Love of Bug Types!/The Hiun Gym Battle, the Pure Hearted Bug Pokemon Battle!: Because it featured a battle that I really enjoyed and Ash evolved my favourite Pokemon, Sewaddle.

I don't know the titles and yet there are so many episodes! :|

BW009 - Doryuuzu Iris backstory and her first focus, great trio dynamic and comedic Ash - what's there not to like?
BW013 - Belle's debut episode, awesome.
BW017 - Pretty awesome episode, hilarious, there's even screentime for each of Ash's Pokemon.
BW026 - Emonga episode, Iris focus - pretty awesome and hilarious.
BW029 - The Hitomoshi episode, pretty dark episode for Pokémon and yet very funny.
BW036 - Dragon Buster episode, Shaga, backstory and development - I loved it. :D

I'll also count TR VS TP (BW023-024) since I know those ARE awesome without even seeing them. >:D

Those were the absolute best, imo.

For fighting eps my favorite was the 3rd Ash vs Trip battle and the Pikachu vs Excadrill ep!

Funny were Bel's debut episode and the Ducklet episode!

BW13/BW19: If you want to see the introductions of hilarious rivalS.
BW21: If you want a mature filler episode.
BW 26: If you want a funny yet disturbing ghost story.
BW 33: If you want some of the best character development Pocket Monsters has seen in years.

First two, Bell's debut, Ducklett episode, Hitomoshi episode, Druddigon episode and the Iris/Excadrill episode.

One of the best episodes for me was BW19 because of the introduction of Cabernet, and we get to see fantastic interactions between her and Dent. Also, I adored The Litwick mansion one, just because the plot was so interesting and fun.

the scary story of the hitomoshi mansion! it was the best episode of the whole pokemon anime (imo)! no matter what you guys say!

My favorites:

But it must be the first time there is a tasting time and the other Sanyo brothers~ (BW005-BW006)
Ishizumai! Take back your house! <--- the episode I really fell even harder for Dent... (BW011)
Shippou City! Big Adventure at the Museum!! (BW014)
Cabernet's intro episode. (BW019)
The Koaruhie episode, because they are such trolls. (BW020)
Emonga VS Tsutarja! The Volt Change Chaos!! (BW026) - Has Bel, introduces Emonga's gold-digging to an extreme degree, cute Mijumaru, and badass Tsutarja. What more could I want?!
The Scaryy Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion! - My favorite episode of the series, I think. Entertaining, funny, with a pretty awesomely gruesome plot. (BW026)
Fossil Revival! Ancient Mysterious Bird Archeos!! (BW036) - for the cafemochashipping, the scientists, and adorable Archen <3
Zorua The Movie! The Legend of the Pokémon Knight!! (BW038) - pretty original, memorable filler. not my absolute favorite, but an episode I would gladly go back and watch.
Beware of Choroneko! Nyarth and Mijumaru!! (BW044) - is there even a doubt? After my frustrations with the Don Battle, the writers spring up this awesome and hilarious crack!filled episode to help us restore our faith in the anime. xd

"Enter, The Dragon Buster!! Iris and Doryuuzu"-So much nice character development, action, and an interesting new challenge and rival for Iris with the appearance of Langley a Dragon Buster, whom's on a journey to defeat Iris's favorite Pokemon.

Emonga-Her eps were awesome.

Sanyou Gym eppy was awesome, nice Pokemon, characters, and strategies and some of my favorite music introduced.

Yeah, the one where Langely debuts and we get to see Excadrill's backstory is a good one. Iris goes through some nice development in it and her backstory as a kid was very funny.

If you want to watch an episode to make you like Iris, watch that ep.

A Conniosseur 's Revenge: Burgundy's debut episode has gotta be one of my favorite episodes in the series since it introduces Burgundy and we get to see Cilan completely destroy her in a battle. Very entertaining episode!

Dancing With The Ducklett Trio: This episode was very entertaining as well with those trollish Ducklett. I felt so bad for poor Sunglasses Sandile and later Sunglasses Krokorok, though I find it quite hilarious that he's so timid without his sunglasses.

Oshawott's Lost Scalchop: This episode was just full of cuteness overload!!! Oshawott was just simply adorable in this episode and I really enjoyed seeing how he had to cope without his scalchop, eventually becoming a little better on offense and defeating Stephan. VERY cute episode!!!

Palpitoad and Stunfisk.: Another great(and adorable) episode for Oshawott and I'm so glad he managed to master Aqua Jet. I also enjoyed Palpitoad and his minions. Cilan was particularly badass in this episode, catching Derp Fish by swinging it in the air with his fishing pole and slamming it on the ground.

The Dragon Buster Appears. Iris and Excadrill: Langley's debut was pretty great and my particular favorite thing about this episode is that we finally learn why Excadrill won't listen to Iris(as well as her past and we get to see Drayden). It was awesome seeing Excadrill finally restore his friendship with Iris and just being a total boss.

All episodes but... my most favorites episodes are (I use top 15)

15th
BW030 : The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!

14th
BW034 : Rival Battle! Vanipeti, Dokkorā Compete in a Battle!!

13th
BW038 : Sommelier-Detective Dent! Tabunne Disappearance Case!!

12th
BW040 : Zorua The Movie! The Legend of the Pokémon Knight!!

11th
BW036 : The Dragon Buster Appears! Iris and Doryuzu!!

10th
BW010 : Rival Battle! The Strong Opponent Pururiru

9th
BW019 : Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!

8th
BW018 : Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest!

7th
BW026 : Fisher Sommelier - Dent Appears!

6th
BW021 : Sky Arrow Bridge and Gothiruselle!

5th
BW027 : Beware of Cute Faces! Emonga Paralyzes!!

4th
BW043 : Climactic Don Battle! Emonga VS Dageki!!

3rd
BW042 : Fierce Fighting Don Battle! Tsutarja VS Komatana!!

2nd
BW044 : Decisive Don Battle!! Satoshi VS Iris!!

and...
the MOST NUMBER ONE IS.................

1st
BW041 : Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!!

:lol:

Last edited:
BW20 - The Koaruhie episode. I found the Koaruhie absolutely hilarious as well as Meguroco, and I loved the drawing style.

Snivy Plays Hard To Catch!-Ash's Snivy captured
Dancing with the Ducklett Trio!-BWAHAHAHAHHAHAH!! Hilarious, plus Sunglasses Sandile evolved into Krokorok
Scare at the Litwick Mansion!-BWEEOOP!("Scary" Mentok Thrermin Music)(From Harvey Birdman:Attorney at Law)
Emolga The Irresistable!/Emolga and the New Volt Switch!-Emolga. 'Nuff said.
A Home For Dwebble- Made me like Dwebble/Smack Down Move Debut
Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest!/Battling for the Love of Bug Types!-Burgh and Ash's Sewaddle/Swadloon focus

Judging by the preview alone, I think next week's BW episode has the potential to be the best and wackiest episode of the saga or the series in general.

Also the ep where Palpitoad/Stunfish are captured was great.

My favorite one to date is: Fishing Sommelier! Dent Appears!

I enjoy fishing and Dento is my favorite character so it's a huge bonus XDD

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom