• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

The Adoption Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired teacher.
Reaction score
Taking this beauty in one of my regular Pokeballs, leaving me with 7, here's the 200 bucks.
Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Vulpix confirmed.

Adopting this little guy and putting him in one of my starter Pokeballs (this makes 2/5). Here's 200$.
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Frillish confirmed.

Dropping off lv.1 male Makuhita with EMs Counter and Wake-Up Slap for maintenance care. Hopefully you will find a better home here.
Dropping off of Lv. 01 (M) Makuhita w/ EMs Counter and Wake-up Slap for Maintenance Care.

"Millicent! Knock Off!" Keith ordered.

"Tiiim... BURR!" Millicent responded, swinging her log right into the opposing Girafarig for great damage.

~~~

"Tranquill, Air Cutter!" called out Irwin.

"I don't think so!" Keith grinned. "Millicent, use Wide Guard!"

"Burr!" grunted Millicent, holding up her log and spinning it, blocking each and every blade of air Tranquill sent flying her way.

~~~

"Wait for it, Millicent..." Keith instructed. The Timburr nodded and stood her ground as the Golett drew closer... "Now! Use Payback!" Keith exclaimed, once Golett was too close to stop the Mega Punch. And sure enough, as Millicent took the attack, a black aura that came over her body intensified, and the Timburr swung her log right into the Golett for a powerful super effective blow.

~~~

All of these battles had taken place over the course of the past week. And all of these battles were being brought up in a conversation which, at first glance, would appear to be taking place between a Timburr and her log.

"So... all those times I hit my opponents with you, that was hurting you?" Millicent murmured worriedly.

Not quite, came the reassuring voice coming from Millicent's log. Willow was the ghost of a Leavanny who had been residing in Millicent's log since before Keith came to own the Timburr. I do not feel the physical pain... it's more like putting a metal garbage can over one's head and hitting it with a big stick. It... it takes its toll, she confessed.

"Well... is there anything I can do to help, Willow?" asked Millicent.

If there is anything to the whispers I've been hearing... it's possible. Maybe even probable, replied Willow. I'm afraid I can't be certain at this point in time... but the only way we can be sure is if we press onward.

Millicent nodded- she had been walking this entire time, on Willow's instructions. "Then let's keep moving," she agreed.

Thank you, replied Willow. And so they kept moving, and soon enough, they reached their destination. But it was pretty much the last place Millicent would ever have expected to see, let alone go to on Willow's instructions.

"...The Kalapona Wai Adoption Center?" Millicent said, sounding almost fearful. "Willow- wh- what are we doing here?"

Not staying, Willow replied firmly, correctly interpreting the cause of Millicent's unease. I promise you, Millicent, you and I will both walk away from here in no time at all.

Millicent said nothing at first, slowly nodding as she took a deep breath. This place was supposed to be buttloads better than the depressing Adoption Center she was all too familiar with, but all the same, her past experience with an Adoption Center left her in no mood to stay here any longer than she had to. She walked among the people and Pokémon, with Willow making it clear to anyone who showed interest in Millicent that this Timburr already had a Trainer, and that there were already some Timburr on the premises that actually were up for adoption. Indeed, as Willow passed by where these Timburr were kept, she saw that there was a female Timburr in there. She stopped, called out to that Timburr, and reassured her that she, Millicent, was once in her situation, and reassured her that she would get adopted someday.

This, however, was not their stop, as Willow was certain to tell Millicent. And so they kept walking. Willow tried to not show it, but from the sound of her voice, Millicent could tell- Willow was starting to get excited.

And soon, they arrived. They came to a field just on the outskirts of the Adoption Center's property, and there they saw, a Shiftry. Or at least, the body of one. "Willow, what the-" began Millicent.

It is as the rumors said, Willow said wonderingly. Just after Goyle told us of Daphne's sacrifice, a rumor began circulating in the spirit world. A rumor that a heroic Shiftry perished in an attempt to help save the world, and that her body, rather than becoming lifeless... would instead have a vacancy.

"A vacancy?" Millicent repeated. She looked confused at first, but then, her look of confusion slowly gave way to one of dawning comprehension. "...wait, you mean-"

...This is a body without a soul, said Willow. And I, a soul without a body. Millicent... Keith could adopt me, and I could properly be a Pokémon again. And you could continue to use moves like Pound, Knock Off, Wide Guard, and Payback without having to worry about hurting me.

"So... y-you're leaving my log?" Millicent asked, her voice shaking somewhat.

Only if you are OK with it, of course, Willow said. But Millicent, think of it like this- if I do this, whenever you need a hug, not only can you still hug me... but I could hug you back. At that moment, even though Willow's current body was an immobile wooden beam, Millicent could have sworn she saw her smile. This is not goodbye. This isn't even close to goodbye, Willow reassured Millicent.

"...I know," Millicent replied, smiling back despite her tears. "I just... There was always something so... I dunno, magical, I guess, about you being inside my log. But," she continued, before Willow had a chance to respond to this. "I... think I might have always known that for you to truly be happy, you would need a proper body again. I... I know you never would have complained to me unless this was becoming a serious problem for you, and... well, you're like my sister, Willow- I want you to be happy."

We are sisters, Millicent, said Willow. We are sisters. Family doesn't end with blood. I've been your sister since that day in the old Adoption Center, and I will continue to be your sister whether I'm in here or in there.

Millicent wordlessly, tearfully, hugged her log in response to this. "...Then do it," she said. "Do it now, before some other ghost thinks of beating you to it," she grinned.

And that was all Willow needed to hear. The log glowed a pale green as Willow attempted to abandon her arboreal accommodations. The glow then ceased to engulf the entire log, instead concentrating itself right at one end. Taking this as her cue, Millicent shouldered the log and aimed it at the Shiftry body, at which point the green glow was fired from the log, right into the Grass/Dark-type's mouth. The glow faded away from the log completely as it came over the entirety of the Shiftry body. And then, it moved. She moved. Moved her leafy fans a bit, shook her head slightly, blinked her eyes, which had now turned the exact shade of light red one would see in a Leavanny's eyes. Indeed, the leaf fans had also turned the shade of green one would expect from a Leavanny's leaves, while the wooden body slowly changed color- to Millicent's amazement, it changed color to match her log exactly. And as the Shiftry looked down at Millicent, as she smiled, Millicent knew in an instant- she'd made the right choice in letting Willow do this. She ran up and hugged the Shiftry, and leaked tears of happiness as the Shiftry hugged her back.

~~~

"...Holy crap," Keith murmured. Once he'd caught up with Millicent, and Meowth's translations got him up to speed on the incredible thing that just happened, he was doing his best to process this information. "So... Daphne's old body... and... Willow, you're no longer in the log, and you're a Shiftry now?"

"Shif, Shiftry," nodded Willow.

"Burr burr Timburr Timburr!" Millicent pleaded, looking up at Keith desperately.

Keith smiled and crouched down to hug the Timburr. "Of course I'll adopt Willow," he replied. "If she's willing to- oof," he added, for at that moment, he got his answer to the question he never got to ask, for the Shiftry had joined in on the hug as well. Keith couldn't help but smile, even as he thought of what financial horrors surely awaited him minutes later- adoption fees were higher for Pokémon of higher levels and/or possessing more moves than just what they got naturally. And Willow had inhabited the body of a high-level Shiftry that, according to Keith's Pokédex, was packing lots and lots of attacks. But Keith was prepared to pay whatever it took to make his Pokémon happy.

OOC: Adopting the level 53 Shiftry, putting her in this Poké Ball (#1 of 5), nicknaming her Willow, and declaring her Ability to be Chlorophyll. Payment: 1,240
Adoption of Lv. 53 (F) Shiftry confirmed.

Adoption this little gal. Payment of $200 and putting her in a regular Pokeball.
Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Axew confirmed.

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
Typically Pokémon came into the Adoption Center in one of three ways: individuals dropping off their Pokémon, Fizzytopia Parks and Wildlife dropping off a batch, or someone from Kalapona Wai bringing in odds and ins. Today was different, however. Tate was personally manning the front counter -- a fairly rare occurrence -- when a dark-eyed man with a receding hairline walked in in a slightly mis-fitting business suit. Looking up as the bell above the door rang, Tate made an uncomfortable eye contact with the man as he approached the desk, swiftly setting a briefcase on the wood surface.

"I'm from the office of Anderson and Anderson," he stated, matter-of-factly and without prompting. Unlatching the case, he riffled around inside for a moment before producing a Ziploc bag, three Poké Balls glinting from within the plastic sheath in a manner that was oddly jarring. Were they untouchable? Jeez, Tate thought. "These belonged to my client. Having no surviving relatives nor an established will, there is no one to take possession of them. Therefor I shall be relinquishing these to this facility on his behalf."

Tate stared for a moment, the man's overly formal declaration of purpose throwing the manager for a loop. Unsure of what else to do,
the former Johtonian slowly reach out and took hold of the baggie with two fingers, accepting the Poké Balls. With a shrug, Tate then pushed a clipboard across the counter with the other hand, gab still held awkwardly in the air.

"Fill out this form, please," Tate sighed, looking around the cluttered space to set the balls until they could be processed for intake. A dead man's Pokémon... this was a new one.

Dropping off the following Pokémon:
Lv. 01 (M) Hoothoot
Lv. 01 (M) Mantyke
Lv. 01 (F) Meinfoo

Fizzy Bubbles Moderator
Reaction score
Dropping off a Level 5 Male Stunky for Reversion Care.

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Reaction score
Makoto continued his search through the Adoption Center. Maybe he would a suitable psychic-type here? Key word being "suitable." He wasn't sure if a dream eater like drowzee was what he was looking for. There was also an exotic bat-like pokemon with a heart-shaped nose, but was it even a psychic-type? He was about to take another look at a meditite from earlier when he remembered...

Meringue.

If a steel-type came along, he was done for. No matter how sturdy the egg shell was, cold hard iron was more than a match for it. And what if the small, skinny meditite had trouble getting a hit in? He and the stubby-armed baby pokemon could use something burly and brawny on their team. Something like...
Lv. 01 (M) Makuhita ($240)
EMs Counter & Wake-up Slap.
...That makuhita over there! Makoto had seen some before. They grew into huge, unshakable brawlers stacked with muscle. A fine choice for a defender!

He rifled through his bag for the $240 adoption fee...

Resident Spellslinger
Reaction score
Lv. 01 (M) Stunky ($200)

No special moves.
Mint was still getting used to having more Pokémon than just Celeste on call. One would ordinarily question her decision, then, to adopt yet another so soon. And yet she just couldn't say no to the face in the paper. It was a determined face, set on becoming the best it could be. And, well, at least for now, adorable in its own little way.

Mint was starting to think she was a doormat for adorable Pokémon. But was that really such a bad thing?

As she docked The Pearl at the city docks once again, Celeste on her shoulder and Snowy's head protruding from her backpack, she decided it wasn't a bad thing at all.

The Trainer came to Kalapona's doorstep with her payment and second of five starting Poke Balls in tow, and quickly flagged down an employee to bring her to the Stunky's enclosure. Happily signing the paperwork and handing over the cash, she held out the Poke Ball to her new family member.

"Welcome home, Kicks."

Tired teacher.
Reaction score

Dropping off of Lv. 01 (F) Tympole for Reversion Care Confirmed.

Makoto continued his search through the Adoption Center. Maybe he would a suitable psychic-type here? Key word being "suitable." He wasn't sure if a dream eater like drowzee was what he was looking for. There was also an exotic bat-like pokemon with a heart-shaped nose, but was it even a psychic-type? He was about to take another look at a meditite from earlier when he remembered...

Meringue.

If a steel-type came along, he was done for. No matter how sturdy the egg shell was, cold hard iron was more than a match for it. And what if the small, skinny meditite had trouble getting a hit in? He and the stubby-armed baby pokemon could use something burly and brawny on their team. Something like...

...That makuhita over there! Makoto had seen some before. They grew into huge, unshakable brawlers stacked with muscle. A fine choice for a defender!

He rifled through his bag for the $240 adoption fee...
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Makuhita w/ EMs Counter and Wake-Up Slap confirmed.

Mint was still getting used to having more Pokémon than just Celeste on call. One would ordinarily question her decision, then, to adopt yet another so soon. And yet she just couldn't say no to the face in the paper. It was a determined face, set on becoming the best it could be. And, well, at least for now, adorable in its own little way.

Mint was starting to think she was a doormat for adorable Pokémon. But was that really such a bad thing?

As she docked The Pearl at the city docks once again, Celeste on her shoulder and Snowy's head protruding from her backpack, she decided it wasn't a bad thing at all.

The Trainer came to Kalapona's doorstep with her payment and second of five starting Poke Balls in tow, and quickly flagged down an employee to bring her to the Stunky's enclosure. Happily signing the paperwork and handing over the cash, she held out the Poke Ball to her new family member.

"Welcome home, Kicks."
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Stunky confirmed.

I think i'll adopt this little one
payment
and using my last pokeball 10of10
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Mantyke confirmed.

Tired teacher.
Reaction score

So many scandals these days.

It was an overcast Saturday morning when the sheriff's car pulled up outside of the Kalapona Wai Adoption Center. There were no sirens, nor did the lights flash -- the scene was perfectly mundane as a man in a blue uniform climbed out of the vehicle and made his way up the walk. The intern -- a red-headed girl in a blue-and-white apron -- looked up from an 11am breakfast of coffee and granola looked up as the bell above the door chimed.

"Five," the officer said, as he approached the table. He had a small cardboard box in his hands. The intern sat aside her cereal bar and began stacking papers on a clipboard.

"Fill these out," she requested, presenting him with the stack of forms.

They made small talk as he scribbled down all the information he had on the origin of his delivery. Things are getting worse out on the ridge. Some guy almost died in the Black Bayou; yeah, it was on the news. Did you hear about that pop star? No, the other one. Yeah. Isn't it a shame?

She'd just thrown away the wrapper to her breakfast when he sets the finished paperwork on top of the cardboard box. She squirrels the food into one cheek long enough to thank him, before picking up the clipboard and filing the intake slips. Stufful, female. Bounsweet, female. Spinarak, female. Whismur, female. Seedot, male. Then she picked up the box and opened the lid, peering down at the glossy balls inside. Each one would have to be de-registered. That was more paperwork. She sighed, inwardly cursing the bureaucracy,

Dropping off the following Pokemon:
Lv. 01 (F) Stufful
Lv. 01 (F) Bounsweet
Lv. 01 (F) Spinarak
Lv. 01 (F) Whismur
Lv. 01 (M) Seedot

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
Pokémon Available for Adoption
Lv. 01 (F) Bounsweet ($200)
No special moves.
Adopting this Lv. 01 (F) Bounsweet. Paying $200 adoption fee. Placing her in standard Poké Ball.

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
Light and Dark
Reaction score
Lv. 01 (M) Tympole ($200)
No special moves.
He had been keeping track of this Pokemon for some time, mostly because it looked familiar, like it was a smaller form of a Pokemon he met before. Now that Hyrem had a closer look, the two baby amphibians with a blue bump on each side that were swimming around in the small pond of the Adoption Center were looking more and more familiar, and as he checked the Pokedex he finally figured out what they resembled:

Tympole, the Tadpole Pokemon, and the pre-evolved form of Palpitoad. When near each other, Tympole will vibrate their cheeks to produce sound waves at too high of a pitch to be heard by humans in order to communicate. Usually this communication consists of warnings of danger.

"So that's what you're related to!" said Hyrem. "Emily never showed me one of them...I bet she'd really like to see me have one though, whenever I see her again!" His mind was made up from that point as he called over one of the employees. "I'll take the male, please! Henrietta might like him too...anyway, off we go, James!"

Pokemon to Adopt: Lv. 1 Male Tympole
Payment: $200
Pokeball: #3/50

Deadly
Reaction score
Lv. 01 (M) Timburr ($200)
No special moves.
As Belinda walked down the adoption center's hallways, she thought to herself just what sort of qualities she was looking for regarding a new party member. In truth, most of them where rather superficial and shallow. The thug wasn't looking for a friend, but rather just a fighter, one who would look and act the part of a tough and hardened gladiator, and as long as it had guts to spare she would be happy enough to take it regardless of whatever character flaws came with that package.

Of course, it wasn't like she would confess her intent to the caretakers. She knew what was their angle. Their type was all about finding loving and caring homes to the abandoned and forgotten, and this was a task that required due process to ensure the right trainer matched the right Pokemon. The fact made her a tad anxious; she wasn't good at faking personality tests and interviews, but perhaps if she remained somewhat honest and withheld the right information she could get away with it.

As she pondered the possibilities Belinda halts suddenly as a creature finally caught her attention, and she grinned in satisfaction as he glared back at her in defiance. She didn't need to know him any further. Only one look and she knew he was the one.

Adopting this Lv.01 Timburr (M) and placing him in a standard pokeball.
Payment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.