1. Want to talk to fellow Pokémon fans in real time? Join the discussions on our public Discord server!
  2. Here we go again! A new episode of Bulbanews Weekly Roundup can be found on YouTube here.
  3. In case you missed the live streaming of our post E3 Bulbacast episode earlier, you can now watch it on YouTube here.

The Adoption Center

Discussion in 'FB Shops' started by 134, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Balmund

Balmund Killer Bunny

Blog Posts:
    As Belinda walked down the adoption center's hallways, she thought to herself just what sort of qualities she was looking for regarding a new party member. In truth, most of them where rather superficial and shallow. The thug wasn't looking for a friend, but rather just a fighter, one who would look and act the part of a tough and hardened gladiator, and as long as it had guts to spare she would be happy enough to take it regardless of whatever character flaws came with that package.

Of course, it wasn't like she would confess her intent to the caretakers. She knew what was their angle. Their type was all about finding loving and caring homes to the abandoned and forgotten, and this was a task that required due process to ensure the right trainer matched the right Pokemon. The fact made her a tad anxious; she wasn't good at faking personality tests and interviews, but perhaps if she remained somewhat honest and withheld the right information she could get away with it.

As she pondered the possibilities Belinda halts suddenly as a creature finally caught her attention, and she grinned in satisfaction as he glared back at her in defiance. She didn't need to know him any further. Only one look and she knew he was the one.

Adopting this Lv.01 Timburr (M) and placing him in a standard pokeball.
    Payment.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. 134

134 Believe that.

Blog Posts:
    Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Tympole confirmed.

3. 134

134 Believe that.

Blog Posts:
    Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Timburr confirmed.

4. 134

134 Believe that.

Blog Posts:
    "No," Tate grunted, petulantly, standing in the doorway of the Adoption Center. A group of visitors to the neighboring museum had gathered on the lawn, watching the exchange in morbid curiosity. A white truck with a colorful Fizzytopia Parks and Wildlife logo was parked outside of the annex, a frayed looking man with curly blonde hair was clearly trying to reason with the disgruntled manager.

"But-"

"No."

"But you have a government contract-"

"No."

"But there's no where else to take it-"

"Listen here, you," the manager asserted, aggressively, pointing a finger at the poor man who was only trying to do his job. "We have three already. Do you know anything about Shuppet? They have mondo abandonment issues. Like, all of them. Species wide. Big ol' hivemind of insecurity. You're not giving me another one to deal with. I refuse. Do you even know how hard it is to contain Ghost-types? Literal impossible. Literally impossible! They go wherever they want, do whatever they want, terrorizing my staff. No. I refuse. You can't make me. You can't make me."

The government worker stared, mouth agape, a broken look in his eyes, as 5'5" of belligerence refused to let him do his job and move on with his damn life. The small assortment of carriers at his feet echoed with various noises, their inhabitants growing restless. For most of them, this wasn't an issue beyond the pain of dealing with a cranky Pokémon, but the source of the problem, perhaps realizing she was being talked about, decided she'd had quite enough of her confinement, and a moment later her unnatural body -- little more than a limp cloth supported by ethereal force -- squeezed out through the grating. She flopped on the ground, before expanding to a proper size again, drifting into the open space between the man who'd brought her here and the manager that evidently was refusing entry. A pink tongue that shouldn't have existed slowly extended from a slit in the fabric, bright yellow eyes staring at her gate keeper. Tate glared back, and for a long moment the pair were locked together in this way. Then, Tate hissed through clenched teeth and threw both hands up into the air, before seizing the Shuppet in a sudden hug.

"Celebi save me, you're too fucking cute," Tate growled, aggressively affectionate. The man blinked, bewildered.

"S-so... are you going to take it, then-?" He asked, not daring to hope.

"Yeah," Tate grunted, as if the lack of willpower was somehow his fault. Still gripping the poor Ghost-type against the front of an inappropriately casual t-shirt, Tate made a vaguely hand gesture, and turned towards the door. "Let me go get the paperwork."

Left alone with the rest of the drop offs, while the mercurial manager disappeared inside, the man heaved a sigh. He was getting way too old for this shit.

Dropping off:
    Lv. 01 (F) Axew
    Lv. 01 (M) Treecko
    Lv. 01 (F) Seviper
    Lv. 01 (F) Shuppet

5. Astre

Astre I only date anime boys

Blog Posts:
    Adopting this boi!!!

payment: $200, putting him in a normal Great Ball.

6. 134

134 Believe that.

Blog Posts:
    Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Treecko confirmed.

7. TheKnightsFury

TheKnightsFury New Member

Blog Posts:
    Adopting this little fella, putting him in a Pokeball. $200
    Naming him Wan Shi Tong and declaring his ability to be Tinted Lens

8. 134

134 Believe that.

Blog Posts:
    Paying $200 to adopt this precious creature. Placing her in a standard Poké Ball.

9. 134

134 Believe that.

Blog Posts:
    Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Hoothoot confirmed.

10. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Blog Posts:

Terri did not blink as she eyed the grey bug, even as aforementioned grey bug hissed warily at her. The Nincada clearly did not like her at all.

And yet, if this served to deter Terri at all, she had the most peculiar way of showing it. She tilted her head and gave a small smile. "Yes, I think we'll be good friends," she stated.

"Um... miss?" came the voice of one of the Adoption Center workers. "I... couldn't help but overhear you just now, and... well, this Nincada seems to loathe you."

"Oh, she does," Terri nodded in a very matter-of-fact way. "I wasn't talking to her."

Bewildered, the worker looked around, wondering if he'd missed something. But no- Nincada was the only Pokémon in the vicinity. "Um... I don't-" he began.

"I'll take the Nincada, please, mister," said Terri. She held out her hand, in which was clutched the [​IMG]200 adoption fee. She already had a Poké Ball in her other hand, ready to go.

"...If you insist, miss," relented the worker. As he went off to fetch the paperwork, Terri turned back to the Nincada.

"It's a shame you're stuck with her for the time being," she said. "Don't worry, Vanish- it'll go by quickly," she smiled reassuringly. "And Anger, I promise, you only have to put up with me for a little while. Then I'll find you someone you can tolerate." More irate hissing from the distrustful Nincada. And again, if this was any sort of a deterrent to Terri, she hid it well.

OOC: Adopting the female Nincada. Putting her in Poké Ball #1 of 5, naming her Anger, and declaring her Ability to be Compound Eyes.

11. Astre

Astre I only date anime boys

Blog Posts:
    Daycare SO checking in to approve this for Tater Tot
    Adoption of Lv.01 (F) Spinarak confirmed.

12. 134

134 Believe that.

Blog Posts:
    Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Nincada confirmed.

13. Balmund

Balmund Killer Bunny

Blog Posts:
    Adopting this little one. Payment.

14. 134

134 Believe that.

Blog Posts:
    Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Axew confirmed.

15. Serverus Snope

Serverus Snope ↑ & ↓ & ↻

Blog Posts:
    Adoptin' this gurl. Here's my muns.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  16. 134

134 Believe that.

Blog Posts:
    Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Shuppet confirmed.

17. 134

134 Believe that.

Blog Posts:
    It's sunny, today.​

Dropping off from Reset Documentation Thread:

Lv. 01 (M) Darumaka
    Lv. 01 (M) Sableye
    Lv. 01 (M) Oddish
    Lv. 01 (M) Chinchou

18. Biggggg5

Biggggg5 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Adopting this lil guy. Put into a pokeball. Link to bank

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  19. OkikuMew

OkikuMew Member

Blog Posts:
    I'll be picking this boy up! He definitely seem to want to go out, see the world, have some adventures and find a few treasures, too!

Here's the $200, and I'll put him in a Luxury ball (+10 Bond), put down his Ability as Simple, and naming him Indy!

20. 134

134 Believe that.

Blog Posts:

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Chinchou confirmed.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Woobat confirmed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.