• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

The Adoption Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
Just here to drop off a Female Mienfoo and a Female Sentret for Reversion Care. Hope you guys find good homes!
Dropping off of Lv. 01 (F) Mienfoo and Lv. 01 (F) Sentret for Reversion Care confirmed.

Liltwick

Märchen Meines Lebens
Reaction score
Lv. 01 (M) Sableye ($200)
No Special Moves
So I was gonna adopt something for Teddy, and then I see something perfectly from my Memakyu and I can't resist.

$200 for this demon boy Marx. Come home my trickster imp <3

Gemini Spark

Light and Dark
Reaction score
Lv. 01 (F) Mienfoo ($200)
No special moves.
Ooo, you're a cool looking Pokemon! Let's see what we have here:

Mienfoo, the Martial Arts Pokemon. Mienfoo tend to keep to the mountains where they train as a pack and develop a fighting style that differs from pack to pack. What their fighting styles have in common is precision and elegance, able to smoothly transition from one blow to the next, giving their opponent no chance to react before the next strike is landed. They have sharp claws as well, which they use to slash and overwhelm their prey.

Well, I can't wait to see what you do...Shirley!

Pokemon to Adopt: Lv. 1 Female Mienfoo
Payment: $200
Pokeball: #1/47

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
So I was gonna adopt something for Teddy, and then I see something perfectly from my Memakyu and I can't resist.

$200 for this demon boy Marx. Come home my trickster imp <3
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Sableye confirmed.

Ooo, you're a cool looking Pokemon! Let's see what we have here:

Mienfoo, the Martial Arts Pokemon. Mienfoo tend to keep to the mountains where they train as a pack and develop a fighting style that differs from pack to pack. What their fighting styles have in common is precision and elegance, able to smoothly transition from one blow to the next, giving their opponent no chance to react before the next strike is landed. They have sharp claws as well, which they use to slash and overwhelm their prey.

Well, I can't wait to see what you do...Shirley!

Pokemon to Adopt: Lv. 1 Female Mienfoo
Payment: $200
Pokeball: #1/47
Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Meinfoo confirmed.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Pokémon Available for Adoption
Lv. 01 (M) Darumaka ($200)
No special moves.
By now, Keith knew better than to be surprised. He knew better than to wonder why his pair of Darumaka were suddenly getting excited, wanting him to revisit Maze Valley. And sure enough, as he got to that one spot, he saw what he expected to- one of the two remaining Eggs on the verge of hatching- the orange one this time.

What he didn't expect to see, however, was a spherical hole in the ground, obscuring the Unown runes that spelled out Blinky and Inky's names. "What the-" he murmured.

"MAKA?!" exclaimed Blinky and Inky simultaneously. The Darumaka duo exchanged alarmed looks, but were quickly distracted from this odd development by the same thing that had Keith's attention- the hatching of the Egg. Indeed, with a burst of light, the Egg had hatched, and there were now three Darumaka standing before Keith.

The newborn Darumaka blinked a couple of times. "...Daru?" he murmured.

"Daru!" grinned Blinky.

"Maka!" added Inky.

The newborn didn't react. Driven by curiosity, Keith drew a little closer-

"MAKA DARU!" exclaimed the Darumaka suddenly, jumping up and landing a light hit with Tackle on Keith.

"Heh. Tricky little guy, aren't you... uh... Clyde?" Keith replied, reading the runes on the ground beneath where the Darumaka's Egg had been. "You want to come along with us?" he added, almost unnecessarily, for the Premier Ball he'd held in his hand was already wobbling around- Clyde had slapped the button on the ball in the middle of Keith's question, leaving Keith to do little else but chuckle and smile as the ball clicked shut. "Well, then," he remarked. "That just happened. C'mon, Blinky, Inky, let's go home," he added to his other two Darumaka. The Fire-types followed their Trainer, though exchanged worried looks once more...

OOC: Adopting the level 1 male Darumaka. Paying the fee of 200, putting him in a Premier Ball, naming him Clyde, and declaring his Ability to be Inner Focus.

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
The Adoption Center

Pokémon Available for Adoption
Lv. 01 (F) Qwilfish ($200)
No special moves.
Paying $200 to adopt this Lv. 01 (F) Qwilfish, and assigning her to a standard Poke Ball.

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
By now, Keith knew better than to be surprised. He knew better than to wonder why his pair of Darumaka were suddenly getting excited, wanting him to revisit Maze Valley. And sure enough, as he got to that one spot, he saw what he expected to- one of the two remaining Eggs on the verge of hatching- the orange one this time.

What he didn't expect to see, however, was a spherical hole in the ground, obscuring the Unown runes that spelled out Blinky and Inky's names. "What the-" he murmured.

"MAKA?!" exclaimed Blinky and Inky simultaneously. The Darumaka duo exchanged alarmed looks, but were quickly distracted from this odd development by the same thing that had Keith's attention- the hatching of the Egg. Indeed, with a burst of light, the Egg had hatched, and there were now three Darumaka standing before Keith.

The newborn Darumaka blinked a couple of times. "...Daru?" he murmured.

"Daru!" grinned Blinky.

"Maka!" added Inky.

The newborn didn't react. Driven by curiosity, Keith drew a little closer-

"MAKA DARU!" exclaimed the Darumaka suddenly, jumping up and landing a light hit with Tackle on Keith.

"Heh. Tricky little guy, aren't you... uh... Clyde?" Keith replied, reading the runes on the ground beneath where the Darumaka's Egg had been. "You want to come along with us?" he added, almost unnecessarily, for the Premier Ball he'd held in his hand was already wobbling around- Clyde had slapped the button on the ball in the middle of Keith's question, leaving Keith to do little else but chuckle and smile as the ball clicked shut. "Well, then," he remarked. "That just happened. C'mon, Blinky, Inky, let's go home," he added to his other two Darumaka. The Fire-types followed their Trainer, though exchanged worried looks once more...

OOC: Adopting the level 1 male Darumaka. Paying the fee of 200, putting him in a Premier Ball, naming him Clyde, and declaring his Ability to be Inner Focus.
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Darumaka confirmed.

Paying $250 to adopt this bby! Thanks!
Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Timburr confirmed.

(might do an rp later)
adopting this baby boy
with $200
and 1 of my 10 balls
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Misdreavus confirmed.

Maskerade

Reaction score
Lv. 01 (M) Geodude ($200)
No special moves.
((Time for a bit of retcon))

"Well Bomber... guess we're lost."

The man's resigned tone contrasted with his deep, booming voice. The sight of a man that large hulking around with his shoulders down in defeat was almost pitiful, if one didn't know who the giant was or how he'd wound up stranded in the foreign land of Fizzytopia.

The Geodude floating behind him shook his head, encouraging his long-time partner to keep going; they'd been through too much to give up just because they'd lost direction. If they quit now, that meant the monster responsible for Heiml's destruction won, and they would have failed to keep the promise made to Champion Gottfried.

Hanson Briggs went by many names in the Heimlan Army. The demolitions expert was affectionately referred to by his fellow soldiers as "Werebear", "Gentle Giant" and "Big Time Briggs", among other nicknames, and to his knowledge, there wasn't anyone back home who had a problem with him. Indeed, just about everyone who met Hanson grew fond of the man... except for one person, he reckoned. And the Champion had all but confirmed his suspicion in their last encounter.

"Someone betrayed Heiml", Mister Gottfried said. For some reason, he chose to save me... He must've known what was gonna happen! So why me? Them guys were all much smarter than me - Commander Wolfe, Lieutenant Ford, good ol' Nathan... Why did the Champion choose to send me here in search of Professor Pine? I.... I would've stayed behind if he'd let me! I would've faced those bombs and... and died with my mates back home... That's what should have happened!

But orders were orders, and there was nobody higher in the chain of command than Gottfried Haraldson. The Champion's word was absolute, and there was always a reason behind everything he said or did. So if he thought Hanson would serve Heiml better by surviving to find Rorik Pine... that was the fate he'd have to live with.

"He wouldn't have said nothing about no traitor if he didn't want us to pick up on that, don'tcha think?" he asked his partner, not really expecting an answer. He was mostly trying to convince himself there was more to Gottfried's orders than met the eye. "I mean... Professor Pine won't be much help by himself now that... ah, man..."

The thought of Heiml ravaged in a nuclear raid was a reality both unspeakably painful to think about and still too strange to come to grips with. Was everyone really... gone?

A sudden punch to Hanson's arm snapped him back to reality. Had Bomber found something?!

"HEY! What was that f-... what do you mean, up there?"

Following the Geodude's pointing finger to the mountain range up ahead, Hanson saw the unmistakable smoke of an explosion rise from between the boulders. The hell was going on up there?
Picking up the pace, Werebear and Bomber rushed towards the site of the blast; it took them around ten minutes to make, and by the time they got there, all they found was rubble - although Hanson could swear he caught a glimpse of a winged creature flee the scene from the corner of his eye.

"This... this was a cave. Bomber, come on buddy, let's get to work!"

If there was one thing the demolitions expert knew how to handle, other than explosives, it was the debris they caused. He'd been in countless rescue missions on bombing sites back when the war with Saigo was at its most violent, and it was just something one couldn't forget. Masterfully, putting all of his monstrous strength to good use, Hanson removed rock after rock until the cave's entrance was almost visible again. And then, suddenly, a powerful blast of water from the other side made short work of the remaining rubble, pushing the surprised giant back in the process.

"What the?... Hey little guys, whatcha doin' here?!"

Shocked but glad to find any trace of life under all that stone, Hanson smiled at the sight of three Pokemon making it out of the tunnel mostly unharmed: a Nidoran, a Stufful and a Totodile.

"I'm real glad you're okay! The hell happened here? Look, hum... my name's Hanson, and this is Bomber," he stammered, never having been any good with introductions. "Are you guys all alone here?"

The three Pokemon exchanged silent glances, and the sadness in their eyes told Hanson all he needed to know. They were alone, but they weren't supposed to be...

-----

The Aerodactyl flew away from the mountain, effortlessly carrying the human on his back. Looking back at the wreckage, and the unexpected arrival of a new player on the scene, Hush frowned, but that scowl soon turned into a strange smile.

Well this was far from a resounding success. I couldn't finish off old Hemlock - old drunkard's probably lost somewhere with a massive hangover, and left his Pokemon behind... And seriously, of all the idiots they could've saved, they choose that knucklehead? Hanson freaking Briggs? This is hilarious!

Excited at the prospect of a new face joining the ever-growing puzzle, Hush ordered Abaddon to speed up. The more players Heiml and Saigo sent against him, the more fun he'd have!

--------------

OoC: Adopting this Male Geodude with $200 and putting him in my last PokeBall.

Thanks!

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
((Time for a bit of retcon))

"Well Bomber... guess we're lost."

The man's resigned tone contrasted with his deep, booming voice. The sight of a man that large hulking around with his shoulders down in defeat was almost pitiful, if one didn't know who the giant was or how he'd wound up stranded in the foreign land of Fizzytopia.

The Geodude floating behind him shook his head, encouraging his long-time partner to keep going; they'd been through too much to give up just because they'd lost direction. If they quit now, that meant the monster responsible for Heiml's destruction won, and they would have failed to keep the promise made to Champion Gottfried.

Hanson Briggs went by many names in the Heimlan Army. The demolitions expert was affectionately referred to by his fellow soldiers as "Werebear", "Gentle Giant" and "Big Time Briggs", among other nicknames, and to his knowledge, there wasn't anyone back home who had a problem with him. Indeed, just about everyone who met Hanson grew fond of the man... except for one person, he reckoned. And the Champion had all but confirmed his suspicion in their last encounter.

"Someone betrayed Heiml", Mister Gottfried said. For some reason, he chose to save me... He must've known what was gonna happen! So why me? Them guys were all much smarter than me - Commander Wolfe, Lieutenant Ford, good ol' Nathan... Why did the Champion choose to send me here in search of Professor Pine? I.... I would've stayed behind if he'd let me! I would've faced those bombs and... and died with my mates back home... That's what should have happened!

But orders were orders, and there was nobody higher in the chain of command than Gottfried Haraldson. The Champion's word was absolute, and there was always a reason behind everything he said or did. So if he thought Hanson would serve Heiml better by surviving to find Rorik Pine... that was the fate he'd have to live with.

"He wouldn't have said nothing about no traitor if he didn't want us to pick up on that, don'tcha think?" he asked his partner, not really expecting an answer. He was mostly trying to convince himself there was more to Gottfried's orders than met the eye. "I mean... Professor Pine won't be much help by himself now that... ah, man..."

The thought of Heiml ravaged in a nuclear raid was a reality both unspeakably painful to think about and still too strange to come to grips with. Was everyone really... gone?

A sudden punch to Hanson's arm snapped him back to reality. Had Bomber found something?!

"HEY! What was that f-... what do you mean, up there?"

Following the Geodude's pointing finger to the mountain range up ahead, Hanson saw the unmistakable smoke of an explosion rise from between the boulders. The hell was going on up there?
Picking up the pace, Werebear and Bomber rushed towards the site of the blast; it took them around ten minutes to make, and by the time they got there, all they found was rubble - although Hanson could swear he caught a glimpse of a winged creature flee the scene from the corner of his eye.

"This... this was a cave. Bomber, come on buddy, let's get to work!"

If there was one thing the demolitions expert knew how to handle, other than explosives, it was the debris they caused. He'd been in countless rescue missions on bombing sites back when the war with Saigo was at its most violent, and it was just something one couldn't forget. Masterfully, putting all of his monstrous strength to good use, Hanson removed rock after rock until the cave's entrance was almost visible again. And then, suddenly, a powerful blast of water from the other side made short work of the remaining rubble, pushing the surprised giant back in the process.

"What the?... Hey little guys, whatcha doin' here?!"

Shocked but glad to find any trace of life under all that stone, Hanson smiled at the sight of three Pokemon making it out of the tunnel mostly unharmed: a Nidoran, a Stufful and a Totodile.

"I'm real glad you're okay! The hell happened here? Look, hum... my name's Hanson, and this is Bomber," he stammered, never having been any good with introductions. "Are you guys all alone here?"

The three Pokemon exchanged silent glances, and the sadness in their eyes told Hanson all he needed to know. They were alone, but they weren't supposed to be...

-----

The Aerodactyl flew away from the mountain, effortlessly carrying the human on his back. Looking back at the wreckage, and the unexpected arrival of a new player on the scene, Hush frowned, but that scowl soon turned into a strange smile.

Well this was far from a resounding success. I couldn't finish off old Hemlock - old drunkard's probably lost somewhere with a massive hangover, and left his Pokemon behind... And seriously, of all the idiots they could've saved, they choose that knucklehead? Hanson freaking Briggs? This is hilarious!

Excited at the prospect of a new face joining the ever-growing puzzle, Hush ordered Abaddon to speed up. The more players Heiml and Saigo sent against him, the more fun he'd have!

--------------

OoC: Adopting this Male Geodude with $200 and putting him in my last PokeBall.

Thanks!
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Geodude confirmed.

Meetan

Fizzytopian Idol
Reaction score
Lv. 01 (M) Goldeen ($200)

No special moves.
The last time Alice had come into the Adoption Centre, it had been for the flighty member of the electric mouse clan. Maya was pretty happy with her, spending a lot of time in the trees or playing with Peaches, Alice's Pichu. Spring was in full swing now, the Snowdown a distant memory in the Cloud Garden, and Alice and her team spent more time outdoors than they had in quite a while. They all liked to play, she and Farren enjoyed a good nap, or she'd paddle in the water. The Pokemon Alice had in mind might enjoy the latter, although the idol was worried she might get stabbed.

Walking in, she looked very much the diva celebrity: hair twisted into an over-the-shoulder plait, designer sunglasses partially obscuring her blue eyes and made-up face. Bright green flowers were studded into Alice's ears, matching well with the Alolan print bustier tank cropped onto her torso in pinks and vibrant verdant. Darker green leaves were stitched onto the trainer's flat shoes, pasty legs on show in tiny blue shorts. Yep, it was the kind of outfit that Kara the Koffing approved of, except Alice smelled of summer perfume and not poisonous gas. That had been a real habit to kick from the Pokemon... And she wasn't quite there yet.

As usual, Alice knew where she was headed, making her way to the section where water-types were kept. The population of the Adoption Centre fluctuated, but the Goldeen had been there for a while now. Alice approached the glass, a friendship bracelet on one wrist and pink tote hanging off the other, from which delicate fingers procured a Poke Ball and the $200 fee required of her. “Okay, Goldeen. I still don't have a nickname in mind for you, unfortunately, but I thought we could maybe figure it out together.” She offered. “I have plenty of watery friends back at home for you, so you won't be lonely. Unless you like it that way.” Poliwag, Krabby- had Goldeen ever known them?

She would find out, she supposed.

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
The last time Alice had come into the Adoption Centre, it had been for the flighty member of the electric mouse clan. Maya was pretty happy with her, spending a lot of time in the trees or playing with Peaches, Alice's Pichu. Spring was in full swing now, the Snowdown a distant memory in the Cloud Garden, and Alice and her team spent more time outdoors than they had in quite a while. They all liked to play, she and Farren enjoyed a good nap, or she'd paddle in the water. The Pokemon Alice had in mind might enjoy the latter, although the idol was worried she might get stabbed.

Walking in, she looked very much the diva celebrity: hair twisted into an over-the-shoulder plait, designer sunglasses partially obscuring her blue eyes and made-up face. Bright green flowers were studded into Alice's ears, matching well with the Alolan print bustier tank cropped onto her torso in pinks and vibrant verdant. Darker green leaves were stitched onto the trainer's flat shoes, pasty legs on show in tiny blue shorts. Yep, it was the kind of outfit that Kara the Koffing approved of, except Alice smelled of summer perfume and not poisonous gas. That had been a real habit to kick from the Pokemon... And she wasn't quite there yet.

As usual, Alice knew where she was headed, making her way to the section where water-types were kept. The population of the Adoption Centre fluctuated, but the Goldeen had been there for a while now. Alice approached the glass, a friendship bracelet on one wrist and pink tote hanging off the other, from which delicate fingers procured a Poke Ball and the $200 fee required of her. “Okay, Goldeen. I still don't have a nickname in mind for you, unfortunately, but I thought we could maybe figure it out together.” She offered. “I have plenty of watery friends back at home for you, so you won't be lonely. Unless you like it that way.” Poliwag, Krabby- had Goldeen ever known them?

She would find out, she supposed.
You're a girl who knows what she wants -- at least, that seems to be the case whenever you come here, to the Adoption Center. On today's menu: fish. Did we say menu? Not menu. Don't eat the fish. Fish are friends, not food. (Unless you ask Tate.) You greet Goldeen hopefully, promising him lots of friends, or even no friends, depending on his preferences -- whatever he wants, really. On the other side of the glass, he stares at you, fins billowing like a cape in the water. You might have some competition today for 'Most On-Point Look' -- and the fish doesn't even have to try.

Goldeen don't prize themselves on their fins, though. That's just a weird human obsession. No, Goldeen favor their horns. Thick as your dainty wrist and hard as steel, with a point like a hypodermic needle, boy's looking real good by Goldeen standards, too... and he's sick of being in this aquarium. Like a prince, his fins sweeping around him gloriously, he turns and swims as far away from you as he can, before looping around and speeding towards the glass face. There's a sickening crunch when his horn breaks through the side of the aquarium, cracks spiderwebbing across the surface before the structural integrity fails, 200 gallons of water bursting forth in a sudden deluge and flooding the room. You don't escape a drop, looking like a drowned Ratatta as your new friend goes gliding gendly across the hard wood floor on about two inches of water. He looks very pleased with himself. The noise of exploding glass and running water has attracted a pair of interns, both of them redheaded but otherwise very different looking. The taller one -- a woman probably in her 40s, wearing glasses -- cries out in frustration.

"Who put the Goldeen in the aquarium?!" She wails, sounding devastated. If you had to hazard a guess, she's probably the one who's going to have to clean this mess up. The other woman -- a bit younger, and significantly more attractive -- shrugs.

"I think they said something about treating the algae bloom in the pond?" She offers, utterly nonplussed. Meanwhile, your new friend has flopped his way towards the door, evidently making an escape from this shit. The older woman chases after him, sloshing through the water, and snatches him up, but a moment later drops him again with a scream, when the Goldeen bites her.

"Stupid fish-!" She yells, kicking at the Goldeen in a less than sincere attempt at striking him -- she's frustrated, not a monster. Goldeen flops away, fins flapping like a bird, to hide behind your ankles, water dripping onto him from your body like a gentle rain. He sticks his tongue out at the woman. Who knew fish could even do that? The younger woman approaches you, patting your soggy shoulder.

"Congrats," she informs. "You've just adopted a Goldeen."

There's no such thing as 'you break it, you buy it' in charity work, but evidently there is such a thing as 'you break it, you adopt it.' Not that this was really your fault. Not that that sways the younger woman, who guides her seething older friend to the front counter to fetch your paper work. Behind you, the Goldeen has flopped his way to the door, waiting impatiently for you to open it so he can get the hell out of here. Liberty, they say, is the rights of all men. Evidently, he thinks it's the right of all fish, too. As you look between the interns putting together a clipboard, and your new companion, you get a strong inkling that this one is going to prove difficult. Good luck with that.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Goldeen confirmed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.