• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

The Adoption Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
"Neat! It looks like this little guy could hold up in a scuffle if need be. Sure would be nice if he got some love and care though."

Peng places his adoption form on the counter with a single Poke Ball in hopes that the payment would be enough that he can take care of his new friend.

Pokémon Adopted:
Lv. 01 (M) Sneasel
Adoption Fee: $200
Poké Ball: Poke Ball
Today's Date: October 27th, 2018
Mr. Penguin: Your adoption fee does not link back to a bank transaction. I cannot confirm your adoption until this is corrected.

My first time filling out these adoption forms, here you go

Adoption Form!

Pokémon Adopted:
Lv. 01 (F) Poochyena
Adoption Fee: 200$ payment.
Poké Ball: Pokeball
Today's Date:11/6/2018 11:01am

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Poochyena confirmed.

Maskerade

Reaction score
I really should learn to control myself... Dropping off the following for Basic Care:

Nickname: XVIII - THE MOON
Level: 5
Bond: 22
Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Quiet
Birthday: July 15
Ball: Luxury Ball
Hold Item: None
Obtained: Springtime Event Alolan Egg Hunt
Level-up Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Imprison, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Nasty Plot, Confuse Ray, Safeguard, Powder Snow
EM/MT Moves: Dark Pulse, Moonblast
TM/HM Moves: Aurora Veil, Focus Blast, Psyshock

Nickname: XIX - THE SUN
Level: 1
Bond: 0
Ability: Drought
Ball: PokéBall
Obtained: Adoption Center
Level-up Moves: Imprison, Nasty Plot, Ember, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Roar, Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Safeguard
EM/MT Moves: -
TM/HM Moves: -

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
"Neat! It looks like this little guy could hold up in a scuffle if need be. Sure would be nice if he got some love and care though."

Peng places his adoption form on the counter with a single Poke Ball in hopes that the payment would be enough that he can take care of his new friend.

Pokémon Adopted:
Lv. 01 (M) Sneasel
Today's Date: October 27th, 2018
Peng adjusts his cap and apologizes to the Adoption center owner! "Mighty embarrassing of me to not have my cash balances set up before wondering into a cozy place you got here! If you can give me a pinch of a Pidgey's tail feather, I will be back before you can say Hyper Beam." Peng quickly ran to the Pokébank, opened an account, and waddled back in. After furrowing his brow and filling out another adoption form, he slid it across the table, praying he filled it out correctly. (Sorry about that!)

Pokémon Adopted: Lv. 01 (M) Sneasel
Today's Date: November 11th, 2018

Silverstream

Fizzy Bubbles Moderator
Reaction score
Pokémon available for adoption!
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Ghastly

Trainer waiting list!

Astre: November 20, 2018.

Pokémon Adopted:
Lv. 01 (F) Ghastly
Poké Ball: Premier Ball
Today's Date: November 21st, 2018

---

Also much like Mask... I have unfortunately two babies I obtained on whims that I would like to drop off for Basic Care.
  • Level 01 Male Hoothoot
  • Level 05 Female Skitty

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
I really should learn to control myself... Dropping off the following for Basic Care:

Nickname: XVIII - THE MOON
Level: 5
Bond: 22
Ability: Snow Warning
Ball: Luxury Ball
Obtained: Springtime Event Alolan Egg Hunt
Level-up Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Imprison, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Nasty Plot, Confuse Ray, Safeguard, Powder Snow
EM/MT Moves: Dark Pulse, Moonblast
TM/HM Moves: Aurora Veil, Focus Blast, Psyshock

Nickname: XIX - THE SUN
Level: 1
Bond: 0
Ability: Drought
Ball: PokéBall
Obtained: Adoption Center
Level-up Moves: Imprison, Nasty Plot, Ember, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Roar, Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Safeguard
EM/MT Moves: -
TM/HM Moves: -
Drop off confirmed. Next time, please remember to use the form on the first page. Thank you!

Peng adjusts his cap and apologizes to the Adoption center owner! "Mighty embarrassing of me to not have my cash balances set up before wondering into a cozy place you got here! If you can give me a pinch of a Pidgey's tail feather, I will be back before you can say Hyper Beam." Peng quickly ran to the Pokébank, opened an account, and waddled back in. After furrowing his brow and filling out another adoption form, he slid it across the table, praying he filled it out correctly. (Sorry about that!)

Pokémon Adopted: Lv. 01 (M) Sneasel
Today's Date: November 11th, 2018
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Sneasel confirmed..

Pokémon Adopted:
Lv. 01 (F) Ghastly
Poké Ball: Premier Ball
Today's Date: November 21st, 2018

---

Also much like Mask... I have unfortunately two babies I obtained on whims that I would like to drop off for Basic Care.
  • Level 01 Male Hoothoot
  • Level 05 Female Skitty
Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Gastly confirmed. Drop off confirmed.

Dropping off Lv. 01 (F) Doduo and Lv. 01 (F) Qwilfish.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Actually owned this guy once upon a time, time for him to come home.

Pokémon Adopted: Lv. 11 (M) Darumaka w/ Heat Wave, Metronome, Sucker Punch, Submission, & Zen Headbutt
Adoption Fee: $400
Poké Ball: Poké Ball
Today's Date: 15/01/19

Maskerade

Reaction score
Pokémon Adopted: Lv. 1 (F) Seviper
Poké Ball: Poké Ball 1/4

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
Pokémon Adopted:
Lv. 01 (M) Vulpix (A.)
Poké Ball: normal pokeball
Today's Date: 12/21/2018
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Alolan Vulpix confirmed.

I want this child
Pokémon Adopted: Lv. 01 (F) Snorunt
Poké Ball: Pokeball (I now have 9)
Today's Date: December 29th, 2018
Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Snorunt confirmed.

Actually owned this guy once upon a time, time for him to come home.

Pokémon Adopted: Lv. 11 (M) Darumaka w/ Heat Wave, Metronome, Sucker Punch, Submission, & Zen Headbutt
Adoption Fee: $400
Poké Ball: Poké Ball
Adoption of Lv. 11 (M) Darumaka confirmed.

Pokémon Adopted: Lv. 1 (F) Seviper
Poké Ball: Poké Ball 1/4
Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Seviper confirmed.

Enigmatic Professor

Balance, its a progress
Reaction score
(For whatever reason I cannot properly post with code)
Adoption Form!

Pokémon Adopted: Lv. 03 (F) Meditite w/ Bide, Drain Punch, & Psychic
Adoption Fee:
($280)
Poké Ball: Poké Ball used, Pokeball
Today's Date: Today's date, in FB (UTC) time.

3:33 PM Monday, January 28, 2019

Pokémon Adopted: Lv. 01 (M) Vulpix (K.)
Adoption Fee:
($200)

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
(For whatever reason I cannot properly post with code)
Adoption Form!

Pokémon Adopted: Lv. 03 (F) Meditite w/ Bide, Drain Punch, & Psychic
Adoption Fee:
($280)

Adoption Fee:
($200)

You may only adopt one Pokémon per calendar month. Please select a single Pokémon for adoption, and re-apply.

Enigmatic Professor

Balance, its a progress
Reaction score
You may only adopt one Pokémon per calendar month. Please select a single Pokémon for adoption, and re-apply.
Reapplying for the Vulpix
Adoption Form!

Adoption Fee:
($200)

5:49 PM Friday, February 1, 2019

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
Reapplying for the Vulpix
Adoption Form!

Adoption Fee:
($200)

5:49 PM Friday, February 1, 2019
Reminder that you need to update your Bank post in accordance with the reapplication, but adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Kantonian Vulpix confirmed.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Dropping off my Voltorb for advanced care. TM/MT moves are Shock Wave, Foul Play, Explosion, Hidden Power (Fire), Signal Beam, Thunderbolt, and Teleport.

Pokémon Dropped-off: Voltorb, genderless, level 24
Requested Care: Advanced
Today's Date: 2/18/19

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Pokémon available for adoption!
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Paras
"And ya really tink ya needs ta get another Pokémon?" Meowth sighed. "Ya just caught a Charizard not dat long ago!"

"Yeah, but the Pokémon in here, they all deserve a fair chance," Keith responded fairly. "Besides, since when has having only just caught something stopped me before, other than it meaning a full PC?"

"Neva," Meowth groaned.

Keith nodded. "Gotta catch 'em all, Meowth," he stated, as he wandered about, looking at the various Pokémon. There were some Skitty, a couple of Misdreavus, even a pair of Darumaka Keith thought looked strangely familiar.

Keith was looking around, when he heard the clinking of claws striking metal bars. "Parrrras! Parrrras!" came a voice from that same direction. Keith wheeled around, and saw a number of cages intended for containing Bug-types. For the most part, their occupants looked okay with their accommodations, but one Paras in particular looked like she wanted out.

Keith frowned. Something didn't seem right here, and as he got closer, he could see just what it was- the Paras didn't have any mushrooms on her back. The mushrooms, however, were still in there, but they had been shoved into a corner. "Hello," he greeted the Paras.

Paras looked up at Keith, initially startled, but once the initial shock wore off... she glared hatefully up at him and redoubled her efforts to break out of the cage. "PARRRRAS! PARRRRAS!" she screeched as she violently whaled on the cage bars.

"Oh, not again," groaned an Adoption Center employee who had approached them.

"What's the deal with this Paras?" Keith asked the man.

The man sighed. "She's, well... vile," he shrugged. "I really shouldn't be saying that about any Pokémon in our care, but she has this immense irrational hatred for everything and everyone. Nothing helps, nobody's been able to work with her... Honestly, the only hope is if she evolves."

"Evolves?" Keith repeated.

"The mushrooms," explained the man. "When Paras evolves into Parasect, the mushroom takes over the bug host completely, and whoever the Paras was is lost forever. And she knows this- that's why she always keeps the mushrooms off her back, because when her tochukaso mushrooms take the wheel, she's one of the sweetest and most loving Pokémon ever. But it never lasts- she sheds the mushrooms, her hateful personality takes back over, and she ends up right back in here. She's gotten such a reputation nobody even tries to bother with her anymore, and I dunno what we'll even do."

"Oy," Meowth groaned. "Tell me he don't got dat look in his eyes, tell me he don't got dat look in his eyes..." He hesitantly looked up at Keith. "Son of a Shuckle," he sighed in defeat.

"I'll take the Paras," Keith said to the employee.

The employee looked over at Keith in disbelief. "...you are aware this Paras has tried to kill all her previous Trainers, right?" he asked. "As well as much of the staff here?"

"Yeah, well, even if she's a lost cause, her mushrooms aren't," Keith stated. "I always thought of the whole thing with Parasect's mushroom taking complete control being a sad thing, and for most Paras, yeah, that holds true, but this... This deserves a fair chance, and I want to be the one to give it that fair chance."

Paras glared up at Keith, pointing a claw at him threateningly. "Paras Paras Paras Paras Paras," she hissed menacingly.

"Gah... Paras is sayin' yer next," Meowth whimpered.

Keith looked down, making deliberate eye contact with the Bug/Grass-type. "We'll see about that, Paras," he stated. "My name is Keith Masters. I'm not like most Trainers you've dealt with. I don't scare easy, and I don't die easy.

"Parrrrrras," growled Paras.

"Paras says everyone dies easy," gulped Meowth.

At that point, a Red Cyber Ball on Keith's belt burst open, and a Pawniard emerged. Magnet Rise in effect, she hovered before the Paras's cage door, glaring at the insolent insect. Paras lunged at the cage door, as though to attack with Scratch, but Ginny was quicker, and with a swipe of a blade, had expertly unleashed a blade of Vacuum Wave between the bars. It wasn't very effective, but it threw Paras off balance, sent her tumbling backwards into the corner. And as she got back up, it could be seen that her mushrooms had reattached themselves. The effect was instantaneous- the murderous, hateful glare was replaced with a much more mild look. "Parrrrras," she said in an apologetic tone of voice, sounding decidedly polite.

Keith gave a small smile. "It's OK," he said. "Your Paras doesn't scare me so easily. What do you say? Do you wanna come with me?"

"Parrras! Parrras!" nodded the mushroom-controlled insect. At that moment, however, she shuddered violently, and suddenly, she clawed at her back, striking the mushrooms hard, causing them to fly off again. "Parrrrrrrras!" she growled, back to sounding threatening and menacing.

"Like I said, this one would be a handful," sighed the employee. "Are you absolutely sure you want this Paras?"

Keith nodded resolutely. "I meant what I said," he stated. "Besides- Ginny, I can count on your help with her, right?" he asked.

"Pawn Pawniard pawn!" Ginny responded with a respectful salute.

Keith smiled. "Alright, at ease. I know I'm in good blades here. Alright, now, you," he added, turning back to the Paras. "I'm gonna call you Amanitin. Now put on your mushrooms, I wanna talk to them."

"Parrrras Paras par!" hissed Amanitin defiantly.

"Amanitin told youse ta go- well, I don't tink I wanna translate da rest of it," sighed Meowth.

"I get the gist," sighed Keith. "Ginny, little help?"

"Pawn!" nodded Ginny. Before Amanitin could respond, she was subjected to another Vacuum Wave, and forcibly reunited with her mushrooms.

"OK," Keith smiled, with the mushrooms back in control, and a much more docile look on the Paras's face. "Now as for you, I'm thinking I want to call you Amanita. How's that sound?"

"Parrrrras!" nodded Amanita happily.

"That's settled, then," smiled Keith. "Welcome to the team, Amanita. OK, Meowth, get ready to open the-"

"Nuttin' doin'," Meowth interrupted.

"Fine," Keith rolled his eyes. "Ginny, get ready to open the door." As he spoke, he produced a Poké Ball and enlarged it.

"Pawn," nodded Ginny, floating over to the door. Once they were both ready, Keith and Ginny exchanged looks and nods. Ginny yanked the door open, and Keith hurled the Poké Ball inside, and not a moment too soon- Amanitin looked to be trying to take back control at that moment, but the Paras was already sucked into the sphere, mushrooms and all. And as the ball fell to the cage floor, it wobbled and jerked violently. But ultimately it fell still, signaling a successful catch.

"Oy," groaned Meowth as Keith took hold of his new Paras's ball. "We's really in fer it, ain't we?"

"Well, we'll see," stated Keith. "I mean, we're no stranger to some of the stranger Pokémon in this world." With that, he walked with the employee over to the counter to pay for the Paras. Few people would actively do such damage to their wallet in exchange for a source of chaos and craziness. But then, few people were Keith Golbatson Masters.

Pokémon Adopted: Paras, female, lv. 1
Adoption Fee: 200
Poké Ball: Poké Ball #4 of 5
Today's Date: 3/4/19
Nickname: Amanitin (Paras); Amanita (mushrooms)
Ability: Dry Skin

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
Dropping off my Voltorb for advanced care. TM/MT moves are Shock Wave, Foul Play, Explosion, Hidden Power (Fire), Signal Beam, Thunderbolt, and Teleport.

Pokémon Dropped-off: Voltorb, genderless, level 24
Today's Date: 2/18/19
Dropping off of Lv. 24 (M) Voltorb for advanced care confirmed.

"And ya really tink ya needs ta get another Pokémon?" Meowth sighed. "Ya just caught a Charizard not dat long ago!"

"Yeah, but the Pokémon in here, they all deserve a fair chance," Keith responded fairly. "Besides, since when has having only just caught something stopped me before, other than it meaning a full PC?"

"Neva," Meowth groaned.

Keith nodded. "Gotta catch 'em all, Meowth," he stated, as he wandered about, looking at the various Pokémon. There were some Skitty, a couple of Misdreavus, even a pair of Darumaka Keith thought looked strangely familiar.

Keith was looking around, when he heard the clinking of claws striking metal bars. "Parrrras! Parrrras!" came a voice from that same direction. Keith wheeled around, and saw a number of cages intended for containing Bug-types. For the most part, their occupants looked okay with their accommodations, but one Paras in particular looked like she wanted out.

Keith frowned. Something didn't seem right here, and as he got closer, he could see just what it was- the Paras didn't have any mushrooms on her back. The mushrooms, however, were still in there, but they had been shoved into a corner. "Hello," he greeted the Paras.

Paras looked up at Keith, initially startled, but once the initial shock wore off... she glared hatefully up at him and redoubled her efforts to break out of the cage. "PARRRRAS! PARRRRAS!" she screeched as she violently whaled on the cage bars.

"Oh, not again," groaned an Adoption Center employee who had approached them.

"What's the deal with this Paras?" Keith asked the man.

The man sighed. "She's, well... vile," he shrugged. "I really shouldn't be saying that about any Pokémon in our care, but she has this immense irrational hatred for everything and everyone. Nothing helps, nobody's been able to work with her... Honestly, the only hope is if she evolves."

"Evolves?" Keith repeated.

"The mushrooms," explained the man. "When Paras evolves into Parasect, the mushroom takes over the bug host completely, and whoever the Paras was is lost forever. And she knows this- that's why she always keeps the mushrooms off her back, because when her tochukaso mushrooms take the wheel, she's one of the sweetest and most loving Pokémon ever. But it never lasts- she sheds the mushrooms, her hateful personality takes back over, and she ends up right back in here. She's gotten such a reputation nobody even tries to bother with her anymore, and I dunno what we'll even do."

"Oy," Meowth groaned. "Tell me he don't got dat look in his eyes, tell me he don't got dat look in his eyes..." He hesitantly looked up at Keith. "Son of a Shuckle," he sighed in defeat.

"I'll take the Paras," Keith said to the employee.

The employee looked over at Keith in disbelief. "...you are aware this Paras has tried to kill all her previous Trainers, right?" he asked. "As well as much of the staff here?"

"Yeah, well, even if she's a lost cause, her mushrooms aren't," Keith stated. "I always thought of the whole thing with Parasect's mushroom taking complete control being a sad thing, and for most Paras, yeah, that holds true, but this... This deserves a fair chance, and I want to be the one to give it that fair chance."

Paras glared up at Keith, pointing a claw at him threateningly. "Paras Paras Paras Paras Paras," she hissed menacingly.

"Gah... Paras is sayin' yer next," Meowth whimpered.

Keith looked down, making deliberate eye contact with the Bug/Grass-type. "We'll see about that, Paras," he stated. "My name is Keith Masters. I'm not like most Trainers you've dealt with. I don't scare easy, and I don't die easy.

"Parrrrrras," growled Paras.

"Paras says everyone dies easy," gulped Meowth.

At that point, a Red Cyber Ball on Keith's belt burst open, and a Pawniard emerged. Magnet Rise in effect, she hovered before the Paras's cage door, glaring at the insolent insect. Paras lunged at the cage door, as though to attack with Scratch, but Ginny was quicker, and with a swipe of a blade, had expertly unleashed a blade of Vacuum Wave between the bars. It wasn't very effective, but it threw Paras off balance, sent her tumbling backwards into the corner. And as she got back up, it could be seen that her mushrooms had reattached themselves. The effect was instantaneous- the murderous, hateful glare was replaced with a much more mild look. "Parrrrras," she said in an apologetic tone of voice, sounding decidedly polite.

Keith gave a small smile. "It's OK," he said. "Your Paras doesn't scare me so easily. What do you say? Do you wanna come with me?"

"Parrras! Parrras!" nodded the mushroom-controlled insect. At that moment, however, she shuddered violently, and suddenly, she clawed at her back, striking the mushrooms hard, causing them to fly off again. "Parrrrrrrras!" she growled, back to sounding threatening and menacing.

"Like I said, this one would be a handful," sighed the employee. "Are you absolutely sure you want this Paras?"

Keith nodded resolutely. "I meant what I said," he stated. "Besides- Ginny, I can count on your help with her, right?" he asked.

"Pawn Pawniard pawn!" Ginny responded with a respectful salute.

Keith smiled. "Alright, at ease. I know I'm in good blades here. Alright, now, you," he added, turning back to the Paras. "I'm gonna call you Amanitin. Now put on your mushrooms, I wanna talk to them."

"Parrrras Paras par!" hissed Amanitin defiantly.

"Amanitin told youse ta go- well, I don't tink I wanna translate da rest of it," sighed Meowth.

"I get the gist," sighed Keith. "Ginny, little help?"

"Pawn!" nodded Ginny. Before Amanitin could respond, she was subjected to another Vacuum Wave, and forcibly reunited with her mushrooms.

"OK," Keith smiled, with the mushrooms back in control, and a much more docile look on the Paras's face. "Now as for you, I'm thinking I want to call you Amanita. How's that sound?"

"Parrrrras!" nodded Amanita happily.

"That's settled, then," smiled Keith. "Welcome to the team, Amanita. OK, Meowth, get ready to open the-"

"Nuttin' doin'," Meowth interrupted.

"Fine," Keith rolled his eyes. "Ginny, get ready to open the door." As he spoke, he produced a Poké Ball and enlarged it.

"Pawn," nodded Ginny, floating over to the door. Once they were both ready, Keith and Ginny exchanged looks and nods. Ginny yanked the door open, and Keith hurled the Poké Ball inside, and not a moment too soon- Amanitin looked to be trying to take back control at that moment, but the Paras was already sucked into the sphere, mushrooms and all. And as the ball fell to the cage floor, it wobbled and jerked violently. But ultimately it fell still, signaling a successful catch.

"Oy," groaned Meowth as Keith took hold of his new Paras's ball. "We's really in fer it, ain't we?"

"Well, we'll see," stated Keith. "I mean, we're no stranger to some of the stranger Pokémon in this world." With that, he walked with the employee over to the counter to pay for the Paras. Few people would actively do such damage to their wallet in exchange for a source of chaos and craziness. But then, few people were Keith Golbatson Masters.

Pokémon Adopted: Paras, female, lv. 1
Adoption Fee: 200
Poké Ball: Poké Ball #4 of 5
Today's Date: 3/4/19
Nickname: Amanitin (Paras); Amanita (mushrooms)
Ability: Dry Skin
Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Paras confirmed.

Silverstream

Fizzy Bubbles Moderator
Reaction score
Pokémon Dropped-off: Eelektross, Male, Level 42 w/
Shadow BoltUN, Gummi Bomb (Grass)UN, Magnet Rise, Drain Punch, Acrobatics, Rock Slide

Today's Date: April 3rd, 2019

Pokémon Dropped-off: Linoone, Female, Level 20
Requested Care: Basic

Pokémon Dropped-off: Gastly, Female, Level 1

Pokémon Dropped-off: Froslass, Female, Level 1

Status