• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

The Adoption Center

Asteiri

Fizzy Bubbles Moderator
Reaction score
The Adoption Center

Adopting a Pokémon from the Adoption Center!
Adopting a Pokémon is easy -- you just need to pay the adoption fee, state which Pokémon you would like, and provide a Poké Ball to house it in. A trainer may adopt a Pokémon once per calendar month.

Dropping off a Pokémon at the Adoption Center!
A Pokémon may be dropped off at the Adoption Center at any time, free of charge. Pokémon dropped off here receive one of two types of care: Basic Care or Advanced Care. A Pokémon receiving Basic Care will be fed and watered, but otherwise left to its own devices. They will revert back to Lv. 01, forget any special moves they know, and may even return to a previous stage of evolution. A Pokémon receiving Advanced Care will continue to receive basic training by the staff. They will maintain their level and evolutionary stage, as well as any special moves they know.

Rules & Regulations!
★ When adopting a Pokémon, here is a flat fee of $200, as well as additional fees per each special move ($20) and additional level ($10) the Pokémon has.

★ When adopting a Pokémon, please quote the list of available Pokémon. Please include only the Pokémon you are adopting in your quote.
★ When adopting a Pokémon, please link to the bank withdrawal to confirm you have the needed funds. Linking to a Pokeball is not required.

Asteiri

Fizzy Bubbles Moderator
Reaction score
Pokémon available for adoption!
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Chinchou
($200) Lv. 01 (-) Cryogonal
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Darumaka
($360) Lv. 11 (M) Darumaka w/ Crossfire, Sleep Talk, & Take Down
($320) Lv. 11 (M) Darumaka w/ Sucker Punch
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Drowzee
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Duskull
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Emolga
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Foongus
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Foongus
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Geodude
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Larvesta
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Lillipup
($200) Lv. 01 (X) Lunatone
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Machop
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Makuhita
($260) Lv. 03 (F) Meditite w/ Drain Punch, & Psychic
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Misdreavus
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Misdreavus
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Nosepass
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Paras
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Plusle
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Qwilfish
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Qwilfish
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Sawk
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Skitty
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Skitty
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Slakoth
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Snorunt
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Starly
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Timburr
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Timburr
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Tympole
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Volbeat
($570) Lv. 24 (-) Voltorb Explosion, Foul Play, Hidden Power (Fire), Shock Wave, Signal Beam, Thunderbolt, and Teleport
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Vullaby
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Whismur
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Wurmple
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Zigzagoon

Trainer waiting list!

darknessdawn: September 27th, 2019
CrazyCreeperKid: October 2nd, 2019
Maskerade: October 21st, 2019

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Doduo
Willa wandered throughout the Adoption Center, Scatterbug on her shoulder. She looked over the various Pokémon in there, wordlessly contemplating what she saw. The Voltorb and the several Darumaka stood out right away as being obviously stronger than their fellow occupants, and there was something almost endearingly familiar about how they seemed to act. She supposed she might mention this to Keith later on, but right now, she had a decision to make. She softly chuckled at the playful Skitty, she regarded the focused Meditite with interest, she considered the considerable potential in the small Larvesta...

Something didn't feel right. Willa stiffened, Scatterbug starting to tremble nervously on her shoulder. And then, on the spot, she wheeled around, just as a pair of long beaks were ready to pluck the Scatterdust Pokémon off her shoulder. The Doduo froze, caught in the act, and withdrew their heads, regarding Willa with interest.

"Sc-sc-scatterb-bug," shuddered Scatterbug, still reeling from her close call.

"Do do," cawed both heads simultaneously. There was something weird about how utterly coordinated their actions and movements seemed to be. Willa produced her Pokédex and pointed it at Doduo.

"Doduo, the Twin Bird Pokémon. A Normal and Flying-type," droned the device. "Doduo's heads contain identical brains linked by telepathy, and both heads will never sleep at the same time so that one may keep watch. On rare occasions, an uncommon mutation will cause one Doduo to have two different brains."

"I see," murmured Willa. "You two are in constant sync, then, it would seem. I'm impressed," she stated. "I would like you to come along with me if you like," she offered. "I have but one condition, though," she added before Doduo could respond. "You are not, under any circumstance, to try and eat my Scatterbug, or any Pokémon owned by myself or by my boyfriend," she said in a quiet yet ominous voice that said quite clearly that she meant business. "Is this acceptable? I assure you there'll be no shortage of food for you if that's your concern."

Doduo contemplated this. Once again, she impressed her by getting straight to the point, right down to the promise of alternative options for food aside from that Scatterbug. She had impressed the Twin Bird Pokémon even more upon correctly deducing someone was sneaking up behind her, too. Moreover... this made a very refreshing change from the constant onslaught of prospective adopters who were unnerved by her behavior. Evidently most Trainers were under the impression that it was normal for a Doduo's two heads to have different brains or something like that.

"Do duo!" cawed Doduo, both heads nodding simultaneously. Willa gave a faint smile and held out an Ultra Ball. Both heads moved in at once, and the beaks touched the button simultaneously. Once the ball stopped shaking, Willa nodded and moved on to the counter, intent on paying for her new Doduo.

OOC: Adopting one of the two level 1 female Doduo. Putting her in Ultra Ball #8 of 10, no nickname, and declaring her Ability to be Early Bird. Payment: 200

Meetan

Fizzytopian Idol
Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Doduo
It had been a month or so since Alice had adopted Dora, her Skitty, but the Pokemon had settled in fantastically with the rest of them and the idol had made a final decision after deliberating on if she would adopt another and who to choose. She'd had her eyes on one of the two Doduo in the new Adoption Centre for a while now, and knew that another trainer had been contemplating the other. It was best to swoop in before someone else revealed desire or whimsy for the species and she lost out. While it wouldn't be too crushing as long as the Pokemon found good homes, Alice still wanted one of the twin-headed birdies.

After greeting the new staff at the desk, she went in, walking past the enclosures until she came across the one housing the Doduo. Alice wondered how much of a nightmare it was day to day. They weren't known for being a particularly peaceful species, their heads often arguing. With four heads in there together, did they often bite and snap and squawk amongst themselves? That didn't seem to be a problem anymore, though, because there was only one Doduo left. Alice really was lucky for getting there when she had.

“Doduo~?” Alice called over in a sweet sing-song voice, waving her hand a little in front of the fence. She didn't dare put her fingers too close, lest one of the Pokemon decide that they looked appetising. “My name's Alice! I want to adopt you, if you'd be happy to come home with me? I have lots of friends for you to make and space to run and fly around in! I promise it'll be lots of fun and we can go on lots of cool and scary adventures!”

Scary was about right given how the majority of them turned. The fact they hadn't been arrested for murder or had their career tanked from some of what she had experienced was a miracle by now. But hey, with the spotlight still favouring the Fizzytopian defender, she easily had the $200 and Poke Ball required for the adoption process. That was, assuming the Doduo took to her, because if they didn't, well... That'd be sad and embarrassing, wouldn't it?

Faiyaa

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Willa wandered throughout the Adoption Center, Scatterbug on her shoulder. She looked over the various Pokémon in there, wordlessly contemplating what she saw. The Voltorb and the several Darumaka stood out right away as being obviously stronger than their fellow occupants, and there was something almost endearingly familiar about how they seemed to act. She supposed she might mention this to Keith later on, but right now, she had a decision to make. She softly chuckled at the playful Skitty, she regarded the focused Meditite with interest, she considered the considerable potential in the small Larvesta...

Something didn't feel right. Willa stiffened, Scatterbug starting to tremble nervously on her shoulder. And then, on the spot, she wheeled around, just as a pair of long beaks were ready to pluck the Scatterdust Pokémon off her shoulder. The Doduo froze, caught in the act, and withdrew their heads, regarding Willa with interest.

"Sc-sc-scatterb-bug," shuddered Scatterbug, still reeling from her close call.

"Do do," cawed both heads simultaneously. There was something weird about how utterly coordinated their actions and movements seemed to be. Willa produced her Pokédex and pointed it at Doduo.

"Doduo, the Twin Bird Pokémon. A Normal and Flying-type," droned the device. "Doduo's heads contain identical brains linked by telepathy, and both heads will never sleep at the same time so that one may keep watch. On rare occasions, an uncommon mutation will cause one Doduo to have two different brains."

"I see," murmured Willa. "You two are in constant sync, then, it would seem. I'm impressed," she stated. "I would like you to come along with me if you like," she offered. "I have but one condition, though," she added before Doduo could respond. "You are not, under any circumstance, to try and eat my Scatterbug, or any Pokémon owned by myself or by my boyfriend," she said in a quiet yet ominous voice that said quite clearly that she meant business. "Is this acceptable? I assure you there'll be no shortage of food for you if that's your concern."

Doduo contemplated this. Once again, she impressed her by getting straight to the point, right down to the promise of alternative options for food aside from that Scatterbug. She had impressed the Twin Bird Pokémon even more upon correctly deducing someone was sneaking up behind her, too. Moreover... this made a very refreshing change from the constant onslaught of prospective adopters who were unnerved by her behavior. Evidently most Trainers were under the impression that it was normal for a Doduo's two heads to have different brains or something like that.

"Do duo!" cawed Doduo, both heads nodding simultaneously. Willa gave a faint smile and held out an Ultra Ball. Both heads moved in at once, and the beaks touched the button simultaneously. Once the ball stopped shaking, Willa nodded and moved on to the counter, intent on paying for her new Doduo.

OOC: Adopting one of the two level 1 female Doduo. Putting her in Ultra Ball #8 of 10, no nickname, and declaring her Ability to be Early Bird. Payment: 200
It had been a month or so since Alice had adopted Dora, her Skitty, but the Pokemon had settled in fantastically with the rest of them and the idol had made a final decision after deliberating on if she would adopt another and who to choose. She'd had her eyes on one of the two Doduo in the new Adoption Centre for a while now, and knew that another trainer had been contemplating the other. It was best to swoop in before someone else revealed desire or whimsy for the species and she lost out. While it wouldn't be too crushing as long as the Pokemon found good homes, Alice still wanted one of the twin-headed birdies.

After greeting the new staff at the desk, she went in, walking past the enclosures until she came across the one housing the Doduo. Alice wondered how much of a nightmare it was day to day. They weren't known for being a particularly peaceful species, their heads often arguing. With four heads in there together, did they often bite and snap and squawk amongst themselves? That didn't seem to be a problem anymore, though, because there was only one Doduo left. Alice really was lucky for getting there when she had.

“Doduo~?” Alice called over in a sweet sing-song voice, waving her hand a little in front of the fence. She didn't dare put her fingers too close, lest one of the Pokemon decide that they looked appetising. “My name's Alice! I want to adopt you, if you'd be happy to come home with me? I have lots of friends for you to make and space to run and fly around in! I promise it'll be lots of fun and we can go on lots of cool and scary adventures!”

Scary was about right given how the majority of them turned. The fact they hadn't been arrested for murder or had their career tanked from some of what she had experienced was a miracle by now. But hey, with the spotlight still favouring the Fizzytopian defender, she easily had the $200 and Poke Ball required for the adoption process. That was, assuming the Doduo took to her, because if they didn't, well... That'd be sad and embarrassing, wouldn't it?
Missingno. Master & Meetan: A duo of female Doduo adoptions confirmed

darknessdawn

Star the Zorua
Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Shuppet
Shadow entered the building, listening to hopeful and occasionally mournful cries. His heart went out to all of the Pokemon here. There was nothing that saddened him more than the thought of unwanted Pokemon. He wanted to gather them all up in his arms, give every single one a place to be loved.
Problem is he was only one man. He couldn't possibly give ALL of the Pokemon here the love they rightly deserved. As his eyes locked on a drowsing Shuppet he knew he could save at least one from potentially years waiting for someone, and it was on his list of desired Pokemon anyway.
He held out his arms in welcome. "Come here you!"
The Shuppet approached. Thankfully they were less moody than the Evolved form. "Shup?"
Shadow tried to hold it before getting flustered. "Ghost type, right. Anyway, I'm taking you home! I got the cash and a Pokeball! I mean, it's nothing special, I am a new Trainer... But rest assured I'll take care of you!"
The Shuppet seemed delighted with him. What with having a temperamental and rarely liked Evolved form, he'd expected to be stuck there forever, although admittedly he'd been well fed thanks to plenty of dark emotions to devour. He briefly wondered if things would suddenly get worse at the shelter but shrugged it off.
Shadow placed the Shuppet in one of his five Pokeballs, and put the requisite $200 Pokedollars on the counter. Gazing at his new companion's Pokeball, he vowed to give his new friend the love he rightly deserved. Pausing a moment, he thought about nicknames and Abilities and such.
"I think I'll call you... Bane."
The Pokeball wiggled ever so slightly in response. Shadow guessed the Shuppet would have... Frisk? Yes, that was it. Shadow paused a moment, then nodded.

Last edited:

Asteiri

Fizzy Bubbles Moderator
Reaction score
Shadow entered the building, listening to hopeful and occasionally mournful cries. His heart went out to all of the Pokemon here. There was nothing that saddened him more than the thought of unwanted Pokemon. He wanted to gather them all up in his arms, give every single one a place to be loved.
Problem is he was only one man. He couldn't possibly give ALL of the Pokemon here the love they rightly deserved. As his eyes locked on a drowsing Shuppet he knew he could save at least one from potentially years waiting for someone, and it was on his list of desired Pokemon anyway.
He held out his arms in welcome. "Come here you!"
The Shuppet approached. Thankfully they were less moody than the Evolved form. "Shup?"
Shadow tried to hold it before getting flustered. "Ghost type, right. Anyway, I'm taking you home! I got the cash and a Pokeball! I mean, it's nothing special, I am a new Trainer... But rest assured I'll take care of you!"
The Shuppet seemed delighted with him. What with having a temperamental and rarely liked Evolved form, he'd expected to be stuck there forever, although admittedly he'd been well fed thanks to plenty of dark emotions to devour. He briefly wondered if things would suddenly get worse at the shelter but shrugged it off.
Shadow placed the Shuppet in one of his five Pokeballs, and put the requisite $200 Pokedollars on the counter. Gazing at his new companion's Pokeball, he vowed to give his new friend the love he rightly deserved. Pausing a moment, he thought about nicknames and Abilities and such.
"I think I'll call you... Bane."
The Pokeball wiggled ever so slightly in response. Shadow guessed the Shuppet would have... Frisk? Yes, that was it. Shadow paused a moment, then nodded.
Adoption of (M) Shuppet approved.

CrazyCreeperKid

Officially Taillow Appreciation Day
Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Hoothoot
Danny walked in, his arms wrapped around Poker, who was oblivious as usual. Poker was actually asleep, snoring obnoxiously loudly, making Danny blush in embarrassment. He walked towards the counter, looking left and right, seeing multiple different Pokemon, all either staring at him, eating food, or were asleep. One particular Hoothoot slept on its perch, its beak shut and it's eyes closed. Danny knew that Hoothoot was actually a living clock, so he was fascinated, waiting for it to wake up to see what happens.
He stared at it fascinatingly, as other people in the Adoption Center stared at him awkwardly. After staring for a few minutes, the Hoothoot woke up with the loudest screech Danny had ever seen. He was immensely startled, spilling his stock of berries, Pokeballs and such.
"I'm definitely having you!" Danny said, forgetting his previous objective, and then slamming $200 on the counter excitedly.
"That Hoothoot to go, please!" he said, opening the cage and picking one from the ground, threw his pokeball at it, in which it shook three times, before Danny heard a bling as he caught the Owl Pokemon.
"I'm gonna name you....... Clockwork." Danny said, Hoothoot bursting out its Pokeball and perching on the ground, picking at the spilled berries. "Poker, you're gonna have to share your berries!" Danny chuckled as he picked up his remaining Pokeballs.
"Come on guys, time to go!" Danny said, as he picked up Poker in his hands. Hoothoot conveniently perched on his head, proceeding to fall asleep again.
"Wow, you and Poker are two peas in a pod!" Danny said, leaving the Center and walking off into the sunlight.
Adopting a Hoothoot, with the ability Tinted Lens. Payment: $200

Faiyaa

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Danny walked in, his arms wrapped around Poker, who was oblivious as usual. Poker was actually asleep, snoring obnoxiously loudly, making Danny blush in embarrassment. He walked towards the counter, looking left and right, seeing multiple different Pokemon, all either staring at him, eating food, or were asleep. One particular Hoothoot slept on its perch, its beak shut and it's eyes closed. Danny knew that Hoothoot was actually a living clock, so he was fascinated, waiting for it to wake up to see what happens.
He stared at it fascinatingly, as other people in the Adoption Center stared at him awkwardly. After staring for a few minutes, the Hoothoot woke up with the loudest screech Danny had ever seen. He was immensely startled, spilling his stock of berries, Pokeballs and such.
"I'm definitely having you!" Danny said, forgetting his previous objective, and then slamming $200 on the counter excitedly.
"That Hoothoot to go, please!" he said, opening the cage and picking one from the ground, threw his pokeball at it, in which it shook three times, before Danny heard a bling as he caught the Owl Pokemon.
"I'm gonna name you....... Clockwork." Danny said, Hoothoot bursting out its Pokeball and perching on the ground, picking at the spilled berries. "Poker, you're gonna have to share your berries!" Danny chuckled as he picked up his remaining Pokeballs.
"Come on guys, time to go!" Danny said, as he picked up Poker in his hands. Hoothoot conveniently perched on his head, proceeding to fall asleep again.
"Wow, you and Poker are two peas in a pod!" Danny said, leaving the Center and walking off into the sunlight.
Adopting a Hoothoot, with the ability Tinted Lens. Payment: $200
CrazyCreeperKid: Adoption of a lv.1 (M) Hoothoot confirmed