The Adoption Center

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Pokémon available for adoption!
($570) Lv. 24 (-) Voltorb Explosion, Foul Play, Hidden Power (Fire), Shock Wave, Signal Beam, Thunderbolt, and Teleport[/COLOR]
Every Pokémon in the Adoption Center had a story. Some came from abusive Trainers and deserved chance to start fresh with a more caring Trainer. Some were simply left behind because they couldn't get along with their Trainers for one reason or another. The possibilities were endless. But exactly which of those endless possibilities applied to this Voltorb, nobody seemed to know.

Nobody could remember anyone dropping it off. It simply appeared one day, among a small pile of Poké Balls, mistaken for one of them until it grew to its full size and turned around, revealing large eyes to a suitably startled intern. The Voltorb itself wasn't even a problem- unusually docile for its kind, and while they were able to determine that it knew Explosion, it had yet to actually blow itself up for any reason. It ate whatever was given to it, it seemed appreciative of any efforts to care for it, but beyond that, it didn't do much except look intently out the front window, as though waiting. But for what, nobody knew. Until one day, the bell chimed as the front door opened up, and a teenage boy came walking in, adjusting his glasses as he did so.

The attendant at the counter looked up as he was approached by this boy. "Welcome to the Beeyemgee City Adoption Center," he said. "Can I help you, sir?"

"I certainly hope so," the youth responded. "You see, last Tuesday, my Voltorb went missing, and after extensive searching, it occurred to me that it might have been found by your people. I don't suppose-" However, he was interrupted by the very Voltorb Teleporting onto the counter before him. "...oh!" smiled the teenager. "I suppose that answers my question, then."

"Er... yes, well, that does line up with when we found this Voltorb," admitted the attendant. "Nevertheless, even if you have proof that it belongs to you, I'm afraid I must insist you pay the standard adoption fees-"

"Oh, that's no trouble," the boy responded, providing a Poké Ball and a fistful of Pokédollars. He withdrew the Voltorb into the Poké Ball, then sent it back out again, while he handed the money over to the attendant. "It's the least I can do for you feeding and caring for Gigawatt this past week."

"VOLTORB, VOLTORB," Gigawatt added, seeming to be thanking the attendant as well, before rolling into the boy's outstretched hand.

"Yes, yes," nodded the teenager as the Electric-type shrunk down in his hand to the size of a full-sized Poké Ball, complete with the same whirring sound an actual Poké Ball would make when changing size. "Come, Gigawatt. We've places to be and theories to test out. Just one more question before we take our leave," he added, now addressing the attendant again.

"Yes?" inquired the attendant.

"Do you know the way to Sludge Wave Coast?"

OOC: Adopting the level 24 Voltorb that I left here all that time ago. Housing it in a Poké Ball (#5 of 5), naming it Gigawatt, and declaring its Ability to be Soundproof. Oh, and shelling out 570 for the adoption, of course.

Forever and Ever More
Reaction score
Missingno. Master: Adoption of Level 24 Voltorb Approved!

Love is temporary. Garchomp is forever.
Reaction score

($200) Lv. 01 (M) Paras
Cy wandered the halls of the Adoption center once more. Wurmple slept on his shoulder, Espurr and Jeffrey following behind him. He'd met his first partner here, and he felt the pull to meet a new friend. A pack of Darumaka rough-housed in a corner and Ghost-types floated over their heads, just as last time. Espurr made friends with a passing Duskull, though Cy pushed onward... He'd keep that Duskull in mind. He strolled by the Bug-type area, and stopped. He'd always been drawn to Bug-Types. Only two Pokémon played in the area - A Volbeat flew happily around, while a small Paras tore up a pillow in the corner. Cy nudged Wurmple awake. "What's with that Paras...?" He pointed to the little Pokemon.
Hmm. Unusual behavior. Investigate. Wurmple hopped off his Trainer's shoulder and scuttled to the Paras. Your behavior is unlike others of your kind. Explain.
Who speaks? Who? Who speaks to me? The Paras turned, showing dead white eyes. It clacked its mandibles and poked Wurmple. Who? Who are you? You speak? Why?
I am Wurmple. I wish to know why you are so unlike others of your kind.
This one wonders? Wonders about me? Does it still believe I am the puppet?
I was under the impression that the mushroom remained inert until evolution. Clearly, this is not the case. Explain.
Ha! It was weak! Puppet had no brains! I took it for survival! Could not survive! Puppet had no brains!
I see. You care for your survival... You will live comfortably in our company.
Ha! Haha! No! I do not like others! I like attack! I like battle!
There will be more opportunities for battle if you come with us than if you stay here.
No! I will not! I do not like others! You are others!
We are far better than most. If you do not come with us, someone else will take you. They may not be as kind.
Other others? Worse others? No! I do not like others! No others of any kind!
You will get nowhere with that worldview. You will not survive long, thinking like that.
I will survive! I must! I do not have no brains! I am not puppet! Must survive!
We are your best chance at that.
Others help? Help me survive? Perhaps! Perhaps I go with others for now! But I do not like! I still do not like you!
Such is your right. Wurmple turned to Cy, who had understood none of that conversation. I wish to study this one further. Take it with us.
"You want this one? He doesn't seem very friendly... Well, if you're sure..." Cy grabbed a Pokeball and crouched down to look at the Paras. "Do you want to come with us?"
If I must! The Paras tapped the Pokeball with a claw, and was sucked inside with a pop. The ball shook in Cy's hand three times, then a click sounded. "I guess he'll be our new friend!" He took the Pokeball to the front counter and fished out $200. Another day, another trip to the Adoption Center, another Bug-Type.

TL;DR: Adopting this Paras, putting him in a Green Cyber Ball, declaring his ability to be Effect Spore, and paying here.

Forever and Ever More
Reaction score
TheKnightsFury: Adoption approved!

Sixdragons: Adoption approved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Name a more manly professor. I'll wait.
Reaction score
($360) Lv. 11 (M) Darumaka w/ Crossfire, Sleep Talk, & Take Down
Winston gazed at the small Pokemon. It was outside, in the pouring rain, shivering, trying to breath fire, but nothing came out. Winston felt intensely sorry for the Pokemon, and he took of his jacket, using it as a makeshift umbrella, as he swaddled the round red Pokemon in the jacket. Pawniard, standing valiantly as his side, gestured towards an old juniper tree.

Winston ran under it, Pawniard right behind him. Soon under the tree's protective leaves, he unswaddled the Darumaka, who smiled up at him weakly, before coughing out some water, and then slowly going to sleep. Winston felt Darumaka warm up, then he soon went to sleep as well, resting against the tree trunk. Pawniard never slept, his blades at the ready to strike anyone that dare come near his trainer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About 4 hours later, Winston was woken up by a thud on his chest. Darumaka was up and running, and chatting with Sola. Winston turned around to go home, Pawny by his side, Clauncher on his left shoulder, Sola on his right, and Sniffles sleeping in his hair.

Declaring his ability to be Inner Focus, putting in this Pokeball here.
payment

Forever and Ever More
Reaction score
Picking her up and putting her in a Luxury Ball (1 of 2) because baby she's worth it
Zelphon: please link to your bank post for the money withdrawal!

Winston gazed at the small Pokemon. It was outside, in the pouring rain, shivering, trying to breath fire, but nothing came out. Winston felt intensely sorry for the Pokemon, and he took of his jacket, using it as a makeshift umbrella, as he swaddled the round red Pokemon in the jacket. Pawniard, standing valiantly as his side, gestured towards an old juniper tree.

Winston ran under it, Pawniard right behind him. Soon under the tree's protective leaves, he unswaddled the Darumaka, who smiled up at him weakly, before coughing out some water, and then slowly going to sleep. Winston felt Darumaka warm up, then he soon went to sleep as well, resting against the tree trunk. Pawniard never slept, his blades at the ready to strike anyone that dare come near his trainer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About 4 hours later, Winston was woken up by a thud on his chest. Darumaka was up and running, and chatting with Sola. Winston turned around to go home, Pawny by his side, Clauncher on his left shoulder, Sola on his right, and Sniffles sleeping in his hair.

Declaring his ability to be Inner Focus, putting in this Pokeball here.
DannyDrawsaLot: Adoption Approved!

Reaction score
Sweeney stared at the Pokemon. The small Ghost was unassuming, and seemed to repel all over Pokemon at the Adoption Centre. The vaguely sinister vibe it exuded was chilling ... but there was something about it. The way it seemed unperturbed by it's obvious isolation, the stoically unmoving features. Above all else, that single crimson eye was mesmerising. The Duskull was eerily silent, and through his visor there was no guarantee that it could even read his facial features.

But it could. Sweeney knew it could. Something about that stare ... it knew him. The intensity was beginning to pique his curiosity, and that soon morphed into something much more. He had only passed through the area on a whim, and he wasn't a superstitious man. Yet right now, he could swear he believed in fate.

Silently, Sweeney walked towards the reception desk, filling in the necessary paperwork before pointing towards the Duskull. There were puzzled looks, but that didn't matter. Producing a Poke Ball, he held it out to the Duskull, who stared at the orb.

Then, silently, struck it. There wasn't need for a single shake before the crimson light faded, sealed with a dull click.

===

($200) Lv. 01 (M) Duskull
Adopting this little fella. Payment.

Forever and Ever More
Reaction score
Sweeney stared at the Pokemon. The small Ghost was unassuming, and seemed to repel all over Pokemon at the Adoption Centre. The vaguely sinister vibe it exuded was chilling ... but there was something about it. The way it seemed unperturbed by it's obvious isolation, the stoically unmoving features. Above all else, that single crimson eye was mesmerising. The Duskull was eerily silent, and through his visor there was no guarantee that it could even read his facial features.

But it could. Sweeney knew it could. Something about that stare ... it knew him. The intensity was beginning to pique his curiosity, and that soon morphed into something much more. He had only passed through the area on a whim, and he wasn't a superstitious man. Yet right now, he could swear he believed in fate.

Silently, Sweeney walked towards the reception desk, filling in the necessary paperwork before pointing towards the Duskull. There were puzzled looks, but that didn't matter. Producing a Poke Ball, he held it out to the Duskull, who stared at the orb.

Then, silently, struck it. There wasn't need for a single shake before the crimson light faded, sealed with a dull click.

===

Adopting this little fella. Payment.
Connor: Adoption Approved!

Adopting adorable sloth baby and placing her in a Pokeball, please. $200
Faiyaa: Adoption Approved!

Wielder of Toxic Smoke
Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Whismur
Jake Celeste walked into the Adoption Center, his partner Pokémon Buizel beside him. It had been a long time since he last visited it, and he wanted to see if there was anyone new who might want a home.

It was quite the opposite, to Jake's surprise. The Adoption Center was significantly smaller; a lot of the lonely Pokémon had been taken away. Jake hoped that they would be happy with their new Trainers.

"What do you think, Buizel?" Jake asked his friend.

"Bui, Buizel," replied the Sea Weasel Pokémon. He pointed at a corner, where there was a heavily padded cage resting next to a water tank, among others. A closer look revealed that inside the padded cage was a Whismur.

When Jake approached the normally-quiet Pokémon, however, it noticed him and immediately started belting a song out of its ears.

"Whismur Whismur Whi-ismur, Whismur Whismur Whi-ismur!"

"That's loud!" exclaimed Jake, clapping his hands over his ears.

"Buizel!" countered the Water-type. Loud but musical! I say, this girl has a talent!

"It's a girl?" Jake asked, uncovering his ears.

Buizel nodded.

Jake grinned at Buizel, then at the Whismur. "My choice is made, then! We'll be taking this little friend with us!"

"Whisss!" celebrated Whismur.

"Come on, Whismur," said Jake, picking up the cage. "Let's go and confirm your adoption." He and Buizel walked to the counter with Whismur in her cage.

"I'd like this Whismur, please," Jake requested. He placed the required money on the counter.

The shop owner took the money and typed something in his computer, before looking up. "Adoption of a female Whismur, correct?"

Jake nodded.

"Confirmed!" the man nodded back. "Have a nice day!"

"You too!" replied Jake. He let Whismur out of the cage and handed the cage to the shop owner. He pulled a Pokéball out of his pocket and tossed it at Whismur, who leaped up to meet with it.

Shake,
Shake,
Rattle...

All right! Whismur was caught!

Jake had caught a new Pokémon! He grabbed the ball and immediately sent out his Whismur.

"Whis, Whis!" squeaked the Whisper Pokémon.

Listening to Whismur's cries, Jake had an idea.

"How about this, Whismur," offered Jake. "I'll give you a name! Jukin!" He had the idea since the name sounded like "jukebox", a device used to play music, and this Whismur was unusually good at singing for its species. Besides, its evolution Loudred had ears that looked like loudspeakers. "Jukin" also kinda sounded like "jokin' (as in joking)", which reflected the Pokémon's lightheartedness. Basically, Jake felt that it would be wrong to not give such an extraordinary "specimen" a nickname!

"Whismur!" yipped the purple and yellow Pokémon.

"Buizel," confirmed Buizel. She likes the name!

"Good!" said Jake. "In that case, let's head home now!"

(OOC: Adopting a level 1 female Whismur, nicknaming her Jukin, putting her in a Pokéball, and paying the $200 necessary for adopting her.)

Forever and Ever More
Reaction score
Jake Celeste walked into the Adoption Center, his partner Pokémon Buizel beside him. It had been a long time since he last visited it, and he wanted to see if there was anyone new who might want a home.

It was quite the opposite, to Jake's surprise. The Adoption Center was significantly smaller; a lot of the lonely Pokémon had been taken away. Jake hoped that they would be happy with their new Trainers.

"What do you think, Buizel?" Jake asked his friend.

"Bui, Buizel," replied the Sea Weasel Pokémon. He pointed at a corner, where there was a heavily padded cage resting next to a water tank, among others. A closer look revealed that inside the padded cage was a Whismur.

When Jake approached the normally-quiet Pokémon, however, it noticed him and immediately started belting a song out of its ears.

"Whismur Whismur Whi-ismur, Whismur Whismur Whi-ismur!"

"That's loud!" exclaimed Jake, clapping his hands over his ears.

"Buizel!" countered the Water-type. Loud but musical! I say, this girl has a talent!

"It's a girl?" Jake asked, uncovering his ears.

Buizel nodded.

Jake grinned at Buizel, then at the Whismur. "My choice is made, then! We'll be taking this little friend with us!"

"Whisss!" celebrated Whismur.

"Come on, Whismur," said Jake, picking up the cage. "Let's go and confirm your adoption." He and Buizel walked to the counter with Whismur in her cage.

"I'd like this Whismur, please," Jake requested. He placed the required money on the counter.

The shop owner took the money and typed something in his computer, before looking up. "Adoption of a female Whismur, correct?"

Jake nodded.

"Confirmed!" the man nodded back. "Have a nice day!"

"You too!" replied Jake. He let Whismur out of the cage and handed the cage to the shop owner. He pulled a Pokéball out of his pocket and tossed it at Whismur, who leaped up to meet with it.

Shake,
Shake,
Rattle...

All right! Whismur was caught!

Jake had caught a new Pokémon! He grabbed the ball and immediately sent out his Whismur.

"Whis, Whis!" squeaked the Whisper Pokémon.

Listening to Whismur's cries, Jake had an idea.

"How about this, Whismur," offered Jake. "I'll give you a name! Jukin!" He had the idea since the name sounded like "jukebox", a device used to play music, and this Whismur was unusually good at singing for its species. Besides, its evolution Loudred had ears that looked like loudspeakers. "Jukin" also kinda sounded like "jokin' (as in joking)", which reflected the Pokémon's lightheartedness. Basically, Jake felt that it would be wrong to not give such an extraordinary "specimen" a nickname!

"Whismur!" yipped the purple and yellow Pokémon.

"Buizel," confirmed Buizel. She likes the name!

"Good!" said Jake. "In that case, let's head home now!"

(OOC: Adopting a level 1 female Whismur, nicknaming her Jukin, putting her in a Pokéball, and paying the $200 necessary for adopting her.)
Zorchic: Adoption Approved!

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score

($200) Lv. 01 (M) Drowzee

Trainer waiting list!

Missingno. Master: March 15th, 2020
It had been a little over a month since Eddie Starmie had shown up in the Adoption Center and was subsequently reunited with his faithful starter. And now, the aspiring cryptopokologist had returned, Gigawatt the Voltorb rolling along by his side. "Alright, then," Eddie was murmuring. "If we're to continue our research on the potential links between Dynamaxing and cryptopokology, then it only makes sense to acquire more Pokémon. Attempt to put together a more diverse team," he stated. "The better to be ready for whatever raid battles might come our way. After all, Gigawatt, I'm not just a cryptopokologist- I am a Pokémon Trainer as well!"

"VOLTORB, VOLTORB," responded Gigawatt. Then, the Voltorb saw the direction Eddie was heading in, and hastened to roll in front of its Trainer. "TORB TORB VOLTORB!" the Voltorb droned urgently.

"Hm?" Eddie murmured, looking down at Gigawatt. "Gigawatt, what's the matter?"

"VOLTORB! VOLTORB!" Gigawatt exclaimed. It began rolling into Eddie, trying to push him in the opposite direction. Considering the Voltorb's small size, of course, this failed spectacularly.

"Hm... Considering you've spent time here in the past, I think it stands to reason you know of a Pokémon in that direction that you don't want near me," reasoned Eddie. "Am I correct?"

"TORB," nodded Gigawatt, relieved that its Trainer caught on so fast.

"I see," Eddie nodded back. "Well, then thank you for the warning, my friend," he smiled. "Let's look elsewhere-"

"VOLTORB!!" Gigawatt interrupted, eyes bulging as he spotted something behind Eddie.

Instinctively, Eddie wheeled around to see something vaguely human-shaped standing there, locking eyes with him. "Drrrrowzeee..." it said in a strangely echoey voice. Eddie produced his Pokédex and scanned the creature.

"Drowzee, the Hypnosis Pokémon. A Psychic-type," droned the device. "A Pokémon that nourishes itself by eating dreams, it is thought to share common ancestry with Munna and Musharna."

"Drrrowzee... Drrrowzee," chanted Drowzee, staring straight into Eddie's eyes, a clear and blatant attempt at Hypnosis.

"Vollllll..." groaned Gigawatt. It knew of this Drowzee, or at least by reputation, and how its constant attempts at Hypnosis have driven away many prospective Trainers.

Eddie, however, chuckled at this. "There's nothing to be concerned about, Gigawatt," he reassured his Voltorb. "That Hypnosis won't work on me."

"...drow?" Drowzee said weakly.

Eddie grinned, adjusting his glasses. "Special PSI-filtering lenses," he said. "A tad pricey but well worth it."

"Zeeee..." Drowzee sighed dejectedly. looking down. Eddie looked at the Drowzee; he had expected frustration, annoyance even. But not sadness such as this.

"Hmm..." Eddie murmured. "Drowzee, why were you trying to hypnotize me?" he asked.

"Drow, Drowzee, drow drow," Drowzee replied, with a sad stare out the window. Eddie followed Drowzee's gaze, and in the span of a mere five seconds, he saw three different Trainers walking through the streets of Beeyemgee City. One had a Pidgeotto perched on his shoulder, one was laughing as an enegetic Yamper ran circles around her, and the third had stopped to take some Pokémon food out of his bag to feed his Stantler.

Eddie looked at all this, then back at Drowzee, who was still looking at the Trainers spending quality time with Pokémon of their own. And just like that, the pieces fit together in Eddie's mind. "...I see," he murmured. "That's why you tried to hypnotize me- you want a Trainer. You want what those Pokémon have... and for some reason or another, you seem to think that you need to use your powers to coerce a Trainer into taking you."

"TORB..." Gigawatt murmured, its look having softened considerably as it regarded the Psychic-type.

Eddie exchanged looks with the Voltorb. "What say you, Gigawatt?" he asked. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"VOLTORB, VOLTORB," nodded Gigawatt. With a whirring sound identical to that which a Poké Ball makes when it's being enlarged or shrunk, Gigawatt changed its size, alternating between its normal size to the size of a fully-enlarged Poké Ball.

Eddie grinned, needing no further response- he already knew they were in agreement here. "Drowzee," he said, turning to the Hypnosis Pokémon. "Hypnosis might be useful and convenient power, and while I suppose it might have someday succeeded in getting you a Trainer, you have to know it wouldn't quite be the same thing as having one choose you voluntarily. You would always know in the back of your mind that it wasn't real, that if ever the spell broke, they likely wouldn't want to keep you."

"Zeee..." nodded Drowzee. He did not meet Eddie's gaze.

"However," Eddie added, reaching into his bag. "You won't have to worry about that, Drowzee. As you've witnessed for yourself, your attempts at hypnotizing me have indisputably failed. And yet, I'm asking you to join my team," he smiled, taking his hand back out of his bag, revealing that he'd grabbed a Poké Ball from within.

Now Drowzee lifted his head. "Drrrow?" he murmured disbelievingly. He turned to face Eddie, saw the friendly smile, saw the Poké Ball being offered. Tears came to Drowzee's eyes, and he wrapped Eddie in a hug. "Drrow! Drrrowzee!" he exclaimed. Eddie chuckled and hugged Drowzee back, an embrace lasting several minutes, until Drowzee let go at long last.

"I believe I even have a good nickname for you," Eddie continued. "If you like, I'll call you Remy."

"Drrrowzee!" the Psychic-type declared with a nod, before pressing a hand to the Poké Ball's button. Immediately the ball split open, and Remy was sucked inside in the form of transparent red energy. As the ball slammed shut, it wobbled in Eddie's hand for a few moments before falling still.

Eddie grinned, looking at the Poké Ball in his hand. "Welcome to the team, Remy," he said. He tossed the ball back up into the air, and Remy reappeared in a flash of light. "Come, Remy, Gigawatt," he stated. "We've much to do." And with that, Eddie led the way. Not outside just yet, of course- first and foremost, he headed off to the counter, so he could pay for his new Drowzee.

OOC: Adopting the level 1 male Drowzee and putting him in Poké Ball #5 of 5. Naming him Remy and declaring his Ability to be Insomnia. Payment: 200

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
It had been a little over a month since Eddie Starmie had shown up in the Adoption Center and was subsequently reunited with his faithful starter. And now, the aspiring cryptopokologist had returned, Gigawatt the Voltorb rolling along by his side. "Alright, then," Eddie was murmuring. "If we're to continue our research on the potential links between Dynamaxing and cryptopokology, then it only makes sense to acquire more Pokémon. Attempt to put together a more diverse team," he stated. "The better to be ready for whatever raid battles might come our way. After all, Gigawatt, I'm not just a cryptopokologist- I am a Pokémon Trainer as well!"

"VOLTORB, VOLTORB," responded Gigawatt. Then, the Voltorb saw the direction Eddie was heading in, and hastened to roll in front of its Trainer. "TORB TORB VOLTORB!" the Voltorb droned urgently.

"Hm?" Eddie murmured, looking down at Gigawatt. "Gigawatt, what's the matter?"

"VOLTORB! VOLTORB!" Gigawatt exclaimed. It began rolling into Eddie, trying to push him in the opposite direction. Considering the Voltorb's small size, of course, this failed spectacularly.

"Hm... Considering you've spent time here in the past, I think it stands to reason you know of a Pokémon in that direction that you don't want near me," reasoned Eddie. "Am I correct?"

"TORB," nodded Gigawatt, relieved that its Trainer caught on so fast.

"I see," Eddie nodded back. "Well, then thank you for the warning, my friend," he smiled. "Let's look elsewhere-"

"VOLTORB!!" Gigawatt interrupted, eyes bulging as he spotted something behind Eddie.

Instinctively, Eddie wheeled around to see something vaguely human-shaped standing there, locking eyes with him. "Drrrrowzeee..." it said in a strangely echoey voice. Eddie produced his Pokédex and scanned the creature.

"Drowzee, the Hypnosis Pokémon. A Psychic-type," droned the device. "A Pokémon that nourishes itself by eating dreams, it is thought to share common ancestry with Munna and Musharna."

"Drrrowzee... Drrrowzee," chanted Drowzee, staring straight into Eddie's eyes, a clear and blatant attempt at Hypnosis.

"Vollllll..." groaned Gigawatt. It knew of this Drowzee, or at least by reputation, and how its constant attempts at Hypnosis have driven away many prospective Trainers.

Eddie, however, chuckled at this. "There's nothing to be concerned about, Gigawatt," he reassured his Voltorb. "That Hypnosis won't work on me."

"...drow?" Drowzee said weakly.

Eddie grinned, adjusting his glasses. "Special PSI-filtering lenses," he said. "A tad pricey but well worth it."

"Zeeee..." Drowzee sighed dejectedly. looking down. Eddie looked at the Drowzee; he had expected frustration, annoyance even. But not sadness such as this.

"Hmm..." Eddie murmured. "Drowzee, why were you trying to hypnotize me?" he asked.

"Drow, Drowzee, drow drow," Drowzee replied, with a sad stare out the window. Eddie followed Drowzee's gaze, and in the span of a mere five seconds, he saw three different Trainers walking through the streets of Beeyemgee City. One had a Pidgeotto perched on his shoulder, one was laughing as an enegetic Yamper ran circles around her, and the third had stopped to take some Pokémon food out of his bag to feed his Stantler.

Eddie looked at all this, then back at Drowzee, who was still looking at the Trainers spending quality time with Pokémon of their own. And just like that, the pieces fit together in Eddie's mind. "...I see," he murmured. "That's why you tried to hypnotize me- you want a Trainer. You want what those Pokémon have... and for some reason or another, you seem to think that you need to use your powers to coerce a Trainer into taking you."

"TORB..." Gigawatt murmured, its look having softened considerably as it regarded the Psychic-type.

Eddie exchanged looks with the Voltorb. "What say you, Gigawatt?" he asked. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"VOLTORB, VOLTORB," nodded Gigawatt. With a whirring sound identical to that which a Poké Ball makes when it's being enlarged or shrunk, Gigawatt changed its size, alternating between its normal size to the size of a fully-enlarged Poké Ball.

Eddie grinned, needing no further response- he already knew they were in agreement here. "Drowzee," he said, turning to the Hypnosis Pokémon. "Hypnosis might be useful and convenient power, and while I suppose it might have someday succeeded in getting you a Trainer, you have to know it wouldn't quite be the same thing as having one choose you voluntarily. You would always know in the back of your mind that it wasn't real, that if ever the spell broke, they likely wouldn't want to keep you."

"Zeee..." nodded Drowzee. He did not meet Eddie's gaze.

"However," Eddie added, reaching into his bag. "You won't have to worry about that, Drowzee. As you've witnessed for yourself, your attempts at hypnotizing me have indisputably failed. And yet, I'm asking you to join my team," he smiled, taking his hand back out of his bag, revealing that he'd grabbed a Poké Ball from within.

Now Drowzee lifted his head. "Drrrow?" he murmured disbelievingly. He turned to face Eddie, saw the friendly smile, saw the Poké Ball being offered. Tears came to Drowzee's eyes, and he wrapped Eddie in a hug. "Drrow! Drrrowzee!" he exclaimed. Eddie chuckled and hugged Drowzee back, an embrace lasting several minutes, until Drowzee let go at long last.

"I believe I even have a good nickname for you," Eddie continued. "If you like, I'll call you Remy."

"Drrrowzee!" the Psychic-type declared with a nod, before pressing a hand to the Poké Ball's button. Immediately the ball split open, and Remy was sucked inside in the form of transparent red energy. As the ball slammed shut, it wobbled in Eddie's hand for a few moments before falling still.

Eddie grinned, looking at the Poké Ball in his hand. "Welcome to the team, Remy," he said. He tossed the ball back up into the air, and Remy reappeared in a flash of light. "Come, Remy, Gigawatt," he stated. "We've much to do." And with that, Eddie led the way. Not outside just yet, of course- first and foremost, he headed off to the counter, so he could pay for his new Drowzee.

OOC: Adopting the level 1 male Drowzee and putting him in Poké Ball #5 of 5. Naming him Remy and declaring his Ability to be Insomnia. Payment: 200
Missingno. Master: Adoption Approved