• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

The Adoption Center

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
The Adoption Center Staff noticed their selection of Pokemon awaiting their forever homes was looking a little sparse so they went out and rounded up some homeless Pokemon in order to give them some food and shelter.

($200) Lv. 01 (M) Bouffalant
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Girafarig
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Audino
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Litwick
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Helioptile

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Pokémon available for adoption!
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Nosepass

Trainer waiting list!

Missingno. Master: April 18th, 2020
"...and with these new mining techniques becoming commonplace, I can safely say that it will almost certainly have impacted every specimen on the market today, imbuing them all with most interesting magnetic properties-"

"I was hoping for a more succinct explanation, Eddie."

"Right, yes, of course. Effectively, every Thunder Stone mined using these techniques established in Galar, which basically means every Thunder Stone on the market today, possesses sufficient magnetic properties to constitute an adequate substitute for a proper magnetic field for the purposes of Pokémon evolution."

"Meaning that if a Nosepass were exposed to such a Thunder Stone-"

"-it would evolve before our very eyes."

~~~~~

CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK

CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK

CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK

"Oh for the love of Helix!" exploded the Adoption Center worker unfortunate enough to be standing behind the counter that day. "Does this need to be a daily thing?!"

"NOSE PASS!" came the reply from the miniature monolith who continued his relentless marching. The employee buried his face in his hands. Things had been like this for some time now. Ever since they'd been flipping through the TV channels on a particularly slow day, and happened upon a news station where ace reporter Diana Macks was doing live coverage of the Shiinotic raid that had happened recently. Everyone who watched was impressed by the prowess of the participating Pokémon and their Trainers, but this Nosepass had watched as well, and seemed particularly taken by the calculated and precise battle style of the woman who had commanded a Yanmega.

Following this, Nosepass had been impossible to contain. Any attempt at getting him in a cage were met with uncharactaristically violent resistance, any locks secured against him were swiftly and magnetically ruined. He spent his days standing in the window, watching the passersby diligently, until the woman could be seen, along with her boyfriend. To general chagrin, Nosepass had approached them by walking straight through the window, shattering it in the process. The Meowth accompanying them translated for the bewildered couple that Nosepass had basically ordered the woman, named Willa, to take him onto her team. However, as it became known that Willa currently lacked the means to evolve the Nosepass into its next form, Nosepass retreated into the Adoption Center, content to wait, even if it meant putting up with increasingly irate Adoption Center staff. This confused Willa- her understanding was that Nosepass only evolve when exposed to an area with a strong magnetic field, it wasn't as though she could carry something like that in her pocket.

Thus, upon returning home, Willa sought out the help of Eddie Starmie, aspiring cryptopokologist, to see if he could shed any light on what Nosepass meant. And sure enough, Eddie's research uncovered the discovery of new evolution stone mining techniques in Galar that have since become widespread and commonplace, and resulted in more potent evolution stones. Leaf Stones with the same energy as a Moss Rock. Ice Stones with the freezing potency of Ice Rocks. And more to the point, Thunder Stones containing magnetic properties that made them just like the magnetic fields certain Pokémon needed exposure to in order to evolve. So commonplace these mining techniques had become that it was estimated that the affected evolution stones dominated the market, that getting one was as simple as purchasing one from the local Department Store. The mystery now solved, Willa went and did just that.

That was a few days ago. Ever since that encounter, Nosepass had spent his time noisily pacing round, heavy rock footfalls thudding continuously against the hardwood floor as he paced around impatiently. The staff was losing their patience and their minds in equal measure. Until finally, Willa Carnet walked back into the Adoption Center. There was a green-yellow highly-polished rock resting in her hand as she marched up to the expectant Nosepass. She showed him the Thunder Stone she carried in her hand, and almost immediately, Nosepass's nose seemed to vibrate as its Magnetic properties Pulled it right in. And sure enough, upon contact, both the Thunder Stone and the Nosepass started glowing. The strange rock was absorbed into the evolving Nosepass. Its feet vanished, its nose grew larger, and a large round hatlike object sprouted out of the top of its head as a trio of small Nosepass-like protrusions grew out of various points on its body. The glowing then faded, the
finally satisfied. Willa produced her Pokédex for more information.

"Probopass, the Compass Pokémon. A Rock and Steel-type, and the evolved form of Nosepass," droned the device. "Probopass uses magnetic force to control the three units attached to its body known as Mini-Noses, which allow it to attack from multiple different directions at once."

"So, Probopass," Willa said. "Will you join me?" As she spoke, she produced an Ultra Ball and held it out.

"PRO BO PASS!" declared Probopass. It detached the rear Mini-Nose and had that bump into the Ultra Ball's button, which somehow resulted in the entire Probopass being sucked into the ball. The sphere barely shook before falling still.

Willa gave a satisfied smirk as she regarded the Ultra Ball in her hand. "Welcome to the team, Probopass," she stated. Then, she noticed the incredulous-looking Adoption Center staff member behind the counter. "Ah, yes," she murmured, walking up to him to pay for her newest Pokémon. Not that he seemed all that insistent on payment- he mostly just seemed glad to have that thing finally leaving- if he could've waived the payment on this one, odds were he would've.

OOC: Adopting the level 1 male Nosepass. No nickname, declaring his Ability to be Magnet Pull, housing him in Ultra Ball #4 of 10, and immediately using this Thunder Stone on him. Payment: 200

What? Nosepass is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Nosepass evolved into Probopass!

*Probopass learned Magnet Rise!*

*Probopass learned Gravity!*

*Probopass learned Wide Guard!*

*Probopass learned Iron Defense!*

*Probopass learned Magnet Bomb!*

*Probopass learned Tri Attack!*

*Probopass learned Block!*

*Probopass learned Magnetic Flux!*

Last edited:
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
"...and with these new mining techniques becoming commonplace, I can safely say that it will almost certainly have impacted every specimen on the market today, imbuing them all with most interesting magnetic properties-"

"I was hoping for a more succinct explanation, Eddie."

"Right, yes, of course. Effectively, every Thunder Stone mined using these techniques established in Galar, which basically means every Thunder Stone on the market today, possesses sufficient magnetic properties to constitute an adequate substitute for a proper magnetic field for the purposes of Pokémon evolution."

"Meaning that if a Nosepass were exposed to such a Thunder Stone-"

"-it would evolve before our very eyes."

~~~~~

CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK

CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK

CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK

"Oh for the love of Helix!" exploded the Adoption Center worker unfortunate enough to be standing behind the counter that day. "Does this need to be a daily thing?!"

"NOSE PASS!" came the reply from the miniature monolith who continued his relentless marching. The employee buried his face in his hands. Things had been like this for some time now. Ever since they'd been flipping through the TV channels on a particularly slow day, and happened upon a news station where ace reporter Diana Macks was doing live coverage of the Shiinotic raid that had happened recently. Everyone who watched was impressed by the prowess of the participating Pokémon and their Trainers, but this Nosepass had watched as well, and seemed particularly taken by the calculated and precise battle style of the woman who had commanded a Yanmega.

Following this, Nosepass had been impossible to contain. Any attempt at getting him in a cage were met with uncharactaristically violent resistance, any locks secured against him were swiftly and magnetically ruined. He spent his days standing in the window, watching the passersby diligently, until the woman could be seen, along with her boyfriend. To general chagrin, Nosepass had approached them by walking straight through the window, shattering it in the process. The Meowth accompanying them translated for the bewildered couple that Nosepass had basically ordered the woman, named Willa, to take him onto her team. However, as it became known that Willa currently lacked the means to evolve the Nosepass into its next form, Nosepass retreated into the Adoption Center, content to wait, even if it meant putting up with increasingly irate Adoption Center staff. This confused Willa- her understanding was that Nosepass only evolve when exposed to an area with a strong magnetic field, it wasn't as though she could carry something like that in her pocket.

Thus, upon returning home, Willa sought out the help of Eddie Starmie, aspiring cryptopokologist, to see if he could shed any light on what Nosepass meant. And sure enough, Eddie's research uncovered the discovery of new evolution stone mining techniques in Galar that have since become widespread and commonplace, and resulted in more potent evolution stones. Leaf Stones with the same energy as a Moss Rock. Ice Stones with the freezing potency of Ice Rocks. And more to the point, Thunder Stones containing magnetic properties that made them just like the magnetic fields certain Pokémon needed exposure to in order to evolve. So commonplace these mining techniques had become that it was estimated that the affected evolution stones dominated the market, that getting one was as simple as purchasing one from the local Department Store. The mystery now solved, Willa went and did just that.

That was a few days ago. Ever since that encounter, Nosepass had spent his time noisily pacing round, heavy rock footfalls thudding continuously against the hardwood floor as he paced around impatiently. The staff was losing their patience and their minds in equal measure. Until finally, Willa Carnet walked back into the Adoption Center. There was a green-yellow highly-polished rock resting in her hand as she marched up to the expectant Nosepass. She showed him the Thunder Stone she carried in her hand, and almost immediately, Nosepass's nose seemed to vibrate as its Magnetic properties Pulled it right in. And sure enough, upon contact, both the Thunder Stone and the Nosepass started glowing. The strange rock was absorbed into the evolving Nosepass. Its feet vanished, its nose grew larger, and a large round hatlike object sprouted out of the top of its head as a trio of small Nosepass-like protrusions grew out of various points on its body. The glowing then faded, the
finally satisfied. Willa produced her Pokédex for more information.

"Probopass, the Compass Pokémon. A Rock and Steel-type, and the evolved form of Nosepass," droned the device. "Probopass uses magnetic force to control the three units attached to its body known as Mini-Noses, which allow it to attack from multiple different directions at once."

"So, Probopass," Willa said. "Will you join me?" As she spoke, she produced an Ultra Ball and held it out.

"PRO BO PASS!" declared Probopass. It detached the rear Mini-Nose and had that bump into the Ultra Ball's button, which somehow resulted in the entire Probopass being sucked into the ball. The sphere barely shook before falling still.

Willa gave a satisfied smirk as she regarded the Ultra Ball in her hand. "Welcome to the team, Probopass," she stated. Then, she noticed the incredulous-looking Adoption Center staff member behind the counter. "Ah, yes," she murmured, walking up to him to pay for her newest Pokémon. Not that he seemed all that insistent on payment- he mostly just seemed glad to have that thing finally leaving- if he could've waived the payment on this one, odds were he would've.

OOC: Adopting the level 1 male Nosepass. No nickname, declaring his Ability to be Magnet Pull, housing him in Ultra Ball #4 of 10, and immediately using this Thunder Stone on him. Payment: 200
Missingno. Master: Adoption of a male Nosepass Confirmed :p

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Cy wandered the halls of the Adoption center once more. Wurmple slept on his shoulder, Espurr and Jeffrey following behind him. He'd met his first partner here, and he felt the pull to meet a new friend. A pack of Darumaka rough-housed in a corner and Ghost-types floated over their heads, just as last time. Espurr made friends with a passing Duskull, though Cy pushed onward... He'd keep that Duskull in mind. He strolled by the Bug-type area, and stopped. He'd always been drawn to Bug-Types. Only two Pokémon played in the area - A Volbeat flew happily around, while a small Paras tore up a pillow in the corner. Cy nudged Wurmple awake. "What's with that Paras...?" He pointed to the little Pokemon.
Hmm. Unusual behavior. Investigate. Wurmple hopped off his Trainer's shoulder and scuttled to the Paras. Your behavior is unlike others of your kind. Explain.
Who speaks? Who? Who speaks to me? The Paras turned, showing dead white eyes. It clacked its mandibles and poked Wurmple. Who? Who are you? You speak? Why?
I am Wurmple. I wish to know why you are so unlike others of your kind.
This one wonders? Wonders about me? Does it still believe I am the puppet?
I was under the impression that the mushroom remained inert until evolution. Clearly, this is not the case. Explain.
Ha! It was weak! Puppet had no brains! I took it for survival! Could not survive! Puppet had no brains!
I see. You care for your survival... You will live comfortably in our company.
Ha! Haha! No! I do not like others! I like attack! I like battle!
There will be more opportunities for battle if you come with us than if you stay here.
No! I will not! I do not like others! You are others!
We are far better than most. If you do not come with us, someone else will take you. They may not be as kind.
Other others? Worse others? No! I do not like others! No others of any kind!
You will get nowhere with that worldview. You will not survive long, thinking like that.
I will survive! I must! I do not have no brains! I am not puppet! Must survive!
We are your best chance at that.
Others help? Help me survive? Perhaps! Perhaps I go with others for now! But I do not like! I still do not like you!
Such is your right. Wurmple turned to Cy, who had understood none of that conversation. I wish to study this one further. Take it with us.
"You want this one? He doesn't seem very friendly... Well, if you're sure..." Cy grabbed a Pokeball and crouched down to look at the Paras. "Do you want to come with us?"
If I must! The Paras tapped the Pokeball with a claw, and was sucked inside with a pop. The ball shook in Cy's hand three times, then a click sounded. "I guess he'll be our new friend!" He took the Pokeball to the front counter and fished out $200. Another day, another trip to the Adoption Center, another Bug-Type.

TL;DR: Adopting this Paras, putting him in a Green Cyber Ball, declaring his ability to be Effect Spore, and paying here.
sixdragons: A very very belated adoption confirmed

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
The Adoption Center Staff discovered five more Pokemon that were in desperate need of homes, and took them in to give them shelter until they could be paired with the right family.

($200) Lv. 01 (M) Hippopotas
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Carvanha
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Dwebble
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Mime Jr.
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Tentacool