• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Adoption Center

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
The following pokemon have been added to general adoption:

($200) Lv. 01 (F) Nickit
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Sawk
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Shuppet

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Pokémon available for adoption!
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Nickit
"Gah," Gavin Golurkson groaned as he sat down up against a tree. "What a morning," he grumbled. "Thirty-seven Lickitung in a row and a damn Phanpy breaks the chain."

"ME TA," droned the silvery Metagross standing nearby.

"Ahh, I don't blame ya, Phenac," chuckled Gavin. "Them's the risks with the Poké Radar. You win some, you lose some. You fought well today and I'm proud. Now, what say we have ourselves a little lunch?" he added.

"ME TA GROSS," Phenac droned dubiously.

"Oh, what, because we're in Pilfer Plains?" chuckled Gavin. "Relax- it was only named that for the Murkrow that was stealing from folks. The Murkrow Terri caught, like, forever ago. We're good here. Alright, everyone out!" he added, throwing a variety of Poké Balls, from which emerged a normal Ambipom and Maractus, as well as a bright blue Gulpin, a bronze-winged Dustox, and a Dunsparce with red markings. The latter three Pokémon sparkled magnificently once sent out.

"Marrrrractus!" trilled the Maractus, before looking at his Trainer. "Marac?" added Miror.

"It's lunchtime, fellas," Gavin grinned, reaching for his backpack. "Hope y'all are hungry, cuz I brought enough Duking-brand Poké Snacks for everyo- for- for every..." he trailed off as he felt around in his backpack, grin fading as it dawned on him that something wasn't right here. Finally, he took off his backpack and looked into it; seconds later, his eyes bulged comically. "What the fuck!" he exploded. "Some fucker stole the Poké Snacks!"

"Marac!?" exclaimed Miror.

"Ambipom!" Wes added, similarly shocked.

"Sparce?!" gasped Rui.

"Tox tox!" growled Agate.

Phenac turned on the blue Poison-type. "ME TA!" it droned accusingly.

"Hey, hey, Phenac, cool it," Gavin stated, stepping between the two. He knelt down and looked the Shiny Gulpin in his slit-like eyes. "Duking. Did you eat my Poké Snacks?" Gavin asked patiently.

"Gul pin," replied Duking, shaking his head no.

Gavin got back up and turned to Phenac. "Duking's a glutton, not a liar," he said simply. "The thief couldn't have gotten far."

"Ambipom!" exclaimed Wes, handing something to Gavin, who quickly recognized it as his own Poké Radar. Which, last he knew, had been clipped to his belt. Wes had clearly deftly removed it while Gavin wasn't looking.

"Heh, think you're so clever," mumbled Gavin, though with an appreciative smile all the same. "Half a mind to think you done it," he added jokingly as he fired up his Poké Radar, which proceeded to scan the area. Dots appeared on the screen, each one corresponding to a Pokémon in the immediate vicinity. Two green dots, five gold dots, nothing out of the ordinar-

Five gold dots?

Gavin's eyes widened. He looked up, did a quick headcount of his present Shiny Pokémon. Phenac, Rui, Agate, Duking, that was it. He looked back at the screen- the fifth gold dot, the one unaccounted for, was getting farther away from the cluster of green and gold dots. "Shiny!" he breathed. "The thief is a Shiny and it's getting away! THIS WAY!" he thundered, rushing off in the direction the Poké Radar indicated the dot was moving. And with his team in tow, Gavin raced across the grassy plains, around a number of trees, until they came to a large rock. Peering around it, Gavin could see the culprit greedily munching on wedge after wedge of Poké Snacks. The
was showing no signs of slowing down, either, as Gavin took out his P*DA and opened up the Strategy Memo.

"Nickit, the Fox Pokémon. Type: Dark," said the P*DA. "Survives off food stolen from other Pokémon. Sweeps away its footprints with its tail as it flees with its loot."

"And there's no doubt about it- that Nickit's definitely Shiny," Gavin whispered. As he said this, Nickit finished off the last of the Poké Snacks it had stolen, though it didn't seem satisfied. Gavin could hear the growling of the Nickit's stomach as the Dark-type gave a resigned sigh. "Shit," Gavin murmured. "Little thief's just hungry, is all."

"Ambipom," nodded Wes, sounding uncharacteristically serious.

Gavin lookwed over at Wes. "Yeah... you must've been in the same boat as that Nickit sometimes," he murmured. "Well, I'm all for catching it, and not just because it's Shiny, either," he stated. "But we gotta be careful, don't wanna scare it away..."

~~~~~

Not long after, Nickit was on the prowl once more, following her nose to an irresistible aroma of some sort. As she drew nearer to a cluster of bushes, however, a Maractus popped up out, clearly the source of the Sweet Scent. "Niiiickit!" squealed Nickit in terror, but as she turned to flee, she was faced with a large and imposing Shiny Metagross. Turned to her left- a Shiny Dustox blocking the way. Turned around the other way- there was an Ambipom. Nickit was surrounded, not only by the Pokémon, but by their Trainer as well.

Nickit looked warily at everyone present. It seemed as though she'd have to fight. She lunged at the Maractus in a Quick Attack, only to plow right into a Cotton Guard. While she recovered from this, Wes moved forward and took hold of the silver-furred Dark-type with one of his tail hands.

"Hey. Nickit," Gavin said, trying to get the attention of the Fox Pokémon now currently squirming in Wes's grasp. "You can keep trying to fight us when we really don't wanna, or you can listen to what I got to say."

"Niiiickit," growled Nickit warily.

"Yeah, yeah, I getcha- actions speak louder than words, all that shit," nodded Gavin. "Point being, you ain't gotta steal from us if we give to you willingly." With that, he took an Oran Berry out of his backpack- something Nickit had missed when she had gone for the Poké Snacks earlier.

"...Nickit?" Nickit murmured, sniffing suspiciously at the Oran Berry. Wes let go of her at this point, and Gavin could tell the Shiny was looking about ready to flee just on principle. After casting wary glances all around and sniffing the berry several times over, Nickit finally took a bite. And then another. And then several more. Until finally she had eaten the entire thing.

"There, see?" grinned Gavin. "Look, where I'm from, I see that sort of thing- people living on the streets, stealing just to survive. It's fucked up and it sucks. That stuff you took from me earlier, the Poké Snacks- that's some good shit, am I right?"

"...Nickit," conceded Nickit, giving a curt nod.

"Damn straight," grinned Gavin. "Now, you wanna eat that good more often? I get those things delivered, like, weekly. We're always pretty good on food. So what say you come with me?" he offered.

'Marac, Maractus!" smiled Miror.

"Ambi Ambipom!" chattered Wes.

"N-Nickit?" murmured Nickit. This almost didn't seem real to her. A more cynical part of her mind was convinced that it was a trick of some sort, and yet, no human had ever willingly given her food before. Oran Berries were hardly filling, but when that had to be the only thing the human had left at the moment, and he shared it with her? And then the way his Pokémon vouched for him... The Ambipom especially- Nickit could tell that Wes had been through some stuff himself. Finally, the Dark-type allowed herself a small smile. "Nickit!" she declared affirmatively.

Gavin grinned widely. "Well, alrighty, then!" he declared, standing up and taking several steps back, already clutching a Nest Ball in his hand. "Ready?"

"Nick Nickit!" nodded Nickit.

Gavin held the Nest Ball out in front of him. "Nickit!" he declared. "You shine for me now!" And he brought back his arm, then heaved the sphere forward. "Go, Nest Ball!" he exclaimed, Nickit went right into the ball, which barely shook before it fell still. "Fuck yeah!" Gavin exclaimed, holding up the ball. "A Shiny Nickit- and it's all mine!"

"'Marrrrractus!" Miror trilled, dancing in a celebratory manner.

Gavin grinned at the ball in his hand. "Little master thief there," he murmured. "Long as you don't steal from us, we'll be cool. I'm sure we'll find better uses for your talents anyway. Shit, you get that little mustache deal when you evolve, too... I'mma call you Gonzap," he decided. "Yeah, I'm naming you after a dude, but it ain't like Gonzap's strictly a dude's name," he shrugged. "Hell, some people what ain't from Orre would argue it ain't even a name. Ignorant fucks," he added with a chuckle. Once he'd stowed away Gonzap's Nest Ball safely, he turned to the rest of his team. "Alright, I'd call that a successful day," he grinned. "Let's go home."

OOC: Adopting the female Nickit, using my Rank 1 50 FC Shiny Spray on her, naming her Gonzap, declaring her Ability to be Stakeout, and placing her in Nest Ball #3 of 5. Payment: 200

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Missingno. Master: Adoption Confirmed

Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Makuhita

Trainer waiting list!
Perap's Pearl: November 17th, 2020
Now I can adopt again, I'd like to give this pudgy lil gal the chance to join my squad - going to be paying $200 and nicknaming her Meatball as well as declaring her ability as Sheer Force

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
The following Pokemon have found their way into general adoption, looking for a forever home:

($200) Lv. 01 (F) Natu
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Oddish
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Sewaddle
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Hoppip
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Illumise
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Koffing
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Chinchou
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Cutiefly

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Koffing

Trainers may adopt again on this date:
Missingno. Master: December 9th, 2020
There was a smile on his face and a spring in his step as Keith Masters led the way through the wooded area that constituted the expansive grounds of the old Hidden Mansion. And why shouldn't there be? He was out and about on a lovely day with his wife and daughter, the latter of whom had expressed interest in raising a Weezing just like her old man, and thus asked Keith to help her find where wild Koffing might be.

"Were there many wild Koffing in here in years past?" WIlla inquired, keeping pace remarkably with her husband. "This is where your first Secret Base was, yes?"

"It was indeed," Keith confirmed. "But no- I only started hearing word of a possible Koffing habitat in these parts well after I established Sludge Wave Coast. It's possible some of Gemini's poison remained present in the area after the Stewie incident, and that could've drawn wild Koffing to the site where we once lived," he speculated out loud.

Maribel shook her head. "I can't picture Stewie trying to take over the world," she stated. "He's always so gentle and friendly."

"Yeah, that's how he is now," Keith nodded gravely. "His purification was before your time, sweetie. Before I even met your mother. Before Sludge Wave Coast even existed."

"Wow," Maribel murmured softly.

For the next few minutes, they continued onward in silence, Willa and Maribel following Keith as he led the way with equal parts expertise and fond nostalgia. "Not much further," Keith stated. "If the rumors are true, we should see them right where the place used to be-"

"SKOOOOOOOORCH!"

This got everyone present to wheel around at once, whereupon they saw a long, flat Pokémon with numerous legs rearing up menacingly. Four tendrils of fire formed an X shape on its face. Maribel hastened to take out her Rotom Phone and look up this newcomer.

"Centiskorch, the Radiator Pokémon. A Fire and Bug-type, and the evolved form of Sizzlipede," said Rotom. "Centiskorch has a burning body that can cook you to a crisp, large and sharp fangs that can let it eat you, and is hostile and bitchy enough to try it."

"Oh, geez, we'll have to fight it, won't we?" murmured Keith.

"Probably," Meowth replied. "Flatso ova dere's sayin we's on its turf, and it likes its intrudas extra crispy!"

"Yeah, then we'll definitely have to battle," Maribel stated, Poké Ball already in hand. Willa likewise produced one of her Ultra Balls, while Keith turned to nod at Meowth. Before anything more could happen, however. a pale purple blur came zooming in out of nowhere, spinning at great speeds.

"CENTI!?" Centiskorch exclaimed in surprise as the unexpected Gyro Ball forced it backwards. And as the spinning stopped, the family could get a good look at what had saved them.

"It's a Weezing!" breathed Maribel. "The rumors must have been true, then!"

"Certainly an energetic one, too," Willa observed, for indeed, the Weezing was still bobbing up and down rather enthusiastically, even spinning in place on occasion.

Keith's eyes went wide. "Could it be?" he murmured.

Centiskorch had recovered by this point, however. "CentiSKOOOOOORCH!" it screeched, letting loose a powerful Flamethower.

But the Weezing was ready. "WEEEEEEZ!" it groaned, belching out thick clouds of Smog. The fumes reacted with the oncoming flames, causing the move to explode back on the Centiskorch.

"Yes!" Keith grinned. "Now, Pepperspray, Sludge attack!"

"Wait, what?" said Willa and Maribel in unison.

Without a second thought, the Weezing complied with Keith's order, launching twin streams of putrid goop at the Centiskorch. This was more than enough for the Radiator Pokémon, who hastened to scurry away, hissing and grumbling to itself.

"...What just happened?" Willa said flatly.

"Dad, do you know that Weezing?" asked Maribel.

Keith was beaming as the Weezing turned to face him with identical cheery grins on its faces. "I certainly do," he said. "Years back, I had another Koffing by the name of Pepperspray, but I was forced to make some tough decisions, and, well, I ended up giving him up. I don't think there's a Weezing in existence who would move like that other than this guy," he grinned.

"Weez Weezing weez!" Pepperspray's larger head declared. The Weezing started flying in circles around Keith, spinning at high speeds all the while.

"Haha... Wow, so you've been living out in the wild all this time?" Keith said wonderingly. "I guess it'd make sense for you to return here, since you used to live here, but once you saw I didn't live here anymore, why stick around?"

"Weezing," stated Pepperspray, before floating off in the direction Keith had been about to lead his family.

"Pepperspray wants ta show us sometin'," said Meowth. And that was all Keith needed to head off after the Weezing. Indeed, it wasn't far at all before they arrived at the forest clearing Keith once called home. Except, of course, there was no petrified tree, no relatively extravagant treehouse. Instead, there was still the large crater that had been formed when Stewie's machine had exploded. But now, there were Pokémon in there. Pepperspray floated down and nuzzled another Weezing affectionately, while a number of small Koffing looked up curiously at the newcomers.

Keith chuckled. "...he has a family," he smiled. "That's amazing."

"Wow, look at the baby Koffing!" Maribel whispered, holding up her Rotom Phone.

"Koffing, the Poison Gas Pokémon. A Poison-type," said Rotom. "First discovered in a weapons factory, this Pokémon can now be found almost everywhere. It adores polluted air, and can be found in garbage dumps, industrial areas, and the bathrooms of the exceptionally gassy."

"Weezing weez, weez weez!" Pepperspray was saying to the group of young Koffing, who immediately swarmed Keith, Willa, and Maribel in an enthusiastic greeting that very plainly said they took after their father. One of them, however, was slower to approach. Not out of nervousness, but rather simply due to lacking the rambunctious rowdiness of its siblings.

"Heh, and hello to you, too, little guy," Keith smiled. "Not as energetic as your brothers and sisters?"

"Koffing, Koffing," replied the Koffing, shaking its head (whole body) no.

"Weezing weez, weezweezing," Pepperspray said, floating over to the less rowdy Koffing, with his mate not far behind.

"Pepperspray's sayin' dis one takes more afta his motha," Meowth translated.

"I see," nodded Keith. "Well, certainly nothing wrong with that." He then smiled and nodded to the female Weezing. "It certainly seems you've been good for my old friend, so I thank you for that," he said.

"Weezing weez," the female Weezing smiled in return.

For the next hour or so, the Masters family hung out with Pepperspray and his family. Meowth was able to translate what the Koffing and Weezing said for the humans' benefit, and Keith was able to fill in Pepperspray on what was going on with his former temmates. He even brought out Gemini and Mustard at one point, since Pepperspray had always looked up to Keith's faithful starter. Maribel was playing with the baby Koffing most of the time, and a lot of fun was had by all. Unfortunately, when Maribel brought up the idea of one of the Koffing going with her, the notion was met with hesitance and uncertainty from the Koffing, and polite yet firm refusal from the parents- most of them were still much too young.

As the sun began to set, however, Keith stood up. "We should head home now," he said to Pepperspray. "It was wonderful to see you again, Pepperspray. You have a lovely family."

"Weez weez," Pepperspray grinned, nodding to Willa and Maribel. Keith chuckled- he didn't need Meowth to translate to know that Pepperspray had basically said the same thing about Keith's family.

'Thanks," he smiled. "You take care of your family, and I'll take care of mine."

Before they could walk off, however, they found their way barred by the one Koffing of the bunch to not be as rowdy as his siblings. He locked eyes with Keith, looking almost expectant.

"...does that Koffing want to go with you?" Willa asked Keith.

"I... believe so," Keith murmured. He turned back to see Pepperspray and his mate exchanging glances, then nods, before turning back to face their guests. "I... I'm leaving it up to you guys," Keith shrugged. "I'd be happy to have him, and you know I'd raise him right, but if you want him to stay with you, it's your call.

After a moment of silence, the female Weezing began to speak up, which Meowth took as his cue to translate. "She's sayin' Pepperspray's cool wit it, too, and she trusts his judgement," he said. "Besides, da big difference here is dat the othas ain't ready ta leave da nest yet, but dis one's the oldest o' da bunch, and he knows wat he wants."

Keith nodded, a smile spreading across his face. Then, he turned to Maribel. "Is this OK with you, sweetie?" he asked. "I know today was supposed to be about you catching a Koffing, after all, I don't want to steal your thunder..."

But Maribel shook her head with a smile. "You and Mom always taught me, it's what the Pokémon wants that matters most," she said. "And that Koffing wants to go with you, Dad. I'll catch one for myself someday. My journey's just started, there's no rush."

Keith smiled proudly. "Attagirl," he said. He turned back to the Koffing, a Poké Ball already at the ready. "Are you ready, then, Koffing?" he asked.

Koffing smiled, politely yet unmistakably eagerly. "Koffing!" he responded, waiting for what he knew to come next.

And come next it did! Keith turned his Mega Hat backwards with his free hand, and heaved the sphere in his hand at the larger floating sphere. "Then go, Poké Ball!" Keith exclaimed. The ball struck Koffing and sucked him inside, and as it hit the ground, it barely wobbled before falling still. "Haha!" Keith grinned triumphantly, holding the ball in the air. "I just caught a Koffing! Yeah!"

"Meowth! Dat's right!" Meowth chimed in.

Still clutching his new Koffing's Poké Ball, Keith turned back to Pepperspray. "His name will be Pepper," Keith stated simply, a statement that brought proud smiles to Pepperspray's faces. And with that, this time they really were off. Keith would send Pepper back out, fill him in on his name and all that, but not until they got home- it was, after all, starting to get dark.

OOC: Paying 200 to adopt the male Koffing. Placing him in Poké Ball #24 of 72, naming him Pepper, and declaring his Ability to be Neutralizing Gas.

Last edited:
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
There was a smile on his face and a spring in his step as Keith Masters led the way through the wooded area that constituted the expansive grounds of the old Hidden Mansion. And why shouldn't there be? He was out and about on a lovely day with his wife and daughter, the latter of whom had expressed interest in raising a Weezing just like her old man, and thus asked Keith to help her find where wild Koffing might be.

"Were there many wild Koffing in here in years past?" WIlla inquired, keeping pace remarkably with her husband. "This is where your first Secret Base was, yes?"

"It was indeed," Keith confirmed. "But no- I only started hearing word of a possible Koffing habitat in these parts well after I established Sludge Wave Coast. It's possible some of Gemini's poison remained present in the area after the Stewie incident, and that could've drawn wild Koffing to the site where we once lived," he speculated out loud.

Maribel shook her head. "I can't picture Stewie trying to take over the world," she stated. "He's always so gentle and friendly."

"Yeah, that's how he is now," Keith nodded gravely. "His purification was before your time, sweetie. Before I even met your mother. Before Sludge Wave Coast even existed."

"Wow," Maribel murmured softly.

For the next few minutes, they continued onward in silence, Willa and Maribel following Keith as he led the way with equal parts expertise and fond nostalgia. "Not much further," Keith stated. "If the rumors are true, we should see them right where the place used to be-"

"SKOOOOOOOORCH!"

This got everyone present to wheel around at once, whereupon they saw a long, flat Pokémon with numerous legs rearing up menacingly. Four tendrils of fire formed an X shape on its face. Maribel hastened to take out her Rotom Phone and look up this newcomer.

"Centiskorch, the Radiator Pokémon. A Fire and Bug-type, and the evolved form of Sizzlipede," said Rotom. "Centiskorch has a burning body that can cook you to a crisp, large and sharp fangs that can let it eat you, and is hostile and bitchy enough to try it."

"Oh, geez, we'll have to fight it, won't we?" murmured Keith.

"Probably," Meowth replied. "Flatso ova dere's sayin we's on its turf, and it likes its intrudas extra crispy!"

"Yeah, then we'll definitely have to battle," Maribel stated, Poké Ball already in hand. Willa likewise produced one of her Ultra Balls, while Keith turned to nod at Meowth. Before anything more could happen, however. a pale purple blur came zooming in out of nowhere, spinning at great speeds.

"CENTI!?" Centiskorch exclaimed in surprise as the unexpected Gyro Ball forced it backwards. And as the spinning stopped, the family could get a good look at what had saved them.

"It's a Weezing!" breathed Maribel. "The rumors must have been true, then!"

"Certainly an energetic one, too," Willa observed, for indeed, the Weezing was still bobbing up and down rather enthusiastically, even spinning in place on occasion.

Keith's eyes went wide. "Could it be?" he murmured.

Centiskorch had recovered by this point, however. "CentiSKOOOOOORCH!" it screeched, letting loose a powerful Flamethower.

But the Weezing was ready. "WEEEEEEZ!" it groaned, belching out thick clouds of Smog. The fumes reacted with the oncoming flames, causing the move to explode back on the Centiskorch.

"Yes!" Keith grinned. "Now, Pepperspray, Sludge attack!"

"Wait, what?" said Willa and Maribel in unison.

Without a second thought, the Weezing complied with Keith's order, launching twin streams of putrid goop at the Centiskorch. This was more than enough for the Radiator Pokémon, who hastened to scurry away, hissing and grumbling to itself.

"...What just happened?" Willa said flatly.

"Dad, do you know that Weezing?" asked Maribel.

Keith was beaming as the Weezing turned to face him with identical cheery grins on its faces. "I certainly do," he said. "Years back, I had another Koffing by the name of Pepperspray, but I was forced to make some tough decisions, and, well, I ended up giving him up. I don't think there's a Weezing in existence who would move like that other than this guy," he grinned.

"Weez Weezing weez!" Pepperspray's larger head declared. The Weezing started flying in circles around Keith, spinning at high speeds all the while.

"Haha... Wow, so you've been living out in the wild all this time?" Keith said wonderingly. "I guess it'd make sense for you to return here, since you used to live here, but once you saw I didn't live here anymore, why stick around?"

"Weezing," stated Pepperspray, before floating off in the direction Keith had been about to lead his family.

"Pepperspray wants ta show us sometin'," said Meowth. And that was all Keith needed to head off after the Weezing. Indeed, it wasn't far at all before they arrived at the forest clearing Keith once called home. Except, of course, there was no petrified tree, no relatively extravagant treehouse. Instead, there was still the large crater that had been formed when Stewie's machine had exploded. But now, there were Pokémon in there. Pepperspray floated down and nuzzled another Weezing affectionately, while a number of small Koffing looked up curiously at the newcomers.

Keith chuckled. "...he has a family," he smiled. "That's amazing."

"Wow, look at the baby Koffing!" Maribel whispered, holding up her Rotom Phone.

"Koffing, the Poison Gas Pokémon. A Poison-type," said Rotom. "First discovered in a weapons factory, this Pokémon can now be found almost everywhere. It adores polluted air, and can be found in garbage dumps, industrial areas, and the bathrooms of the exceptionally gassy."

"Weezing weez, weez weez!" Pepperspray was saying to the group of young Koffing, who immediately swarmed Keith, Willa, and Maribel in an enthusiastic greeting that very plainly said they took after their father. One of them, however, was slower to approach. Not out of nervousness, but rather simply due to lacking the rambunctious rowdiness of its siblings.

"Heh, and hello to you, too, little guy," Keith smiled. "Not as energetic as your brothers and sisters?"

"Koffing, Koffing," replied the Koffing, shaking its head (whole body) no.

"Weezing weez, weezweezing," Pepperspray said, floating over to the less rowdy Koffing, with his mate not far behind.

"Pepperspray's sayin' dis one takes more afta his motha," Meowth translated.

"I see," nodded Keith. "Well, certainly nothing wrong with that." He then smiled and nodded to the female Weezing. "It certainly seems you've been good for my old friend, so I thank you for that," he said.

"Weezing weez," the female Weezing smiled in return.

For the next hour or so, the Masters family hung out with Pepperspray and his family. Meowth was able to translate what the Koffing and Weezing said for the humans' benefit, and Keith was able to fill in Pepperspray on what was going on with his former temmates. He even brought out Gemini and Mustard at one point, since Pepperspray had always looked up to Keith's faithful starter. Maribel was playing with the baby Koffing most of the time, and a lot of fun was had by all. Unfortunately, when Maribel brought up the idea of one of the Koffing going with her, the notion was met with hesitance and uncertainty from the Koffing, and polite yet firm refusal from the parents- most of them were still much too young.

As the sun began to set, however, Keith stood up. "We should head home now," he said to Pepperspray. "It was wonderful to see you again, Pepperspray. You have a lovely family."

"Weez weez," Pepperspray grinned, nodding to Willa and Maribel. Keith chuckled- he didn't need Meowth to translate to know that Pepperspray had basically said the same thing about Keith's family.

'Thanks," he smiled. "You take care of your family, and I'll take care of mine."

Before they could walk off, however, they found their way barred by the one Koffing of the bunch to not be as rowdy as his siblings. He locked eyes with Keith, looking almost expectant.

"...does that Koffing want to go with you?" Willa asked Keith.

"I... believe so," Keith murmured. He turned back to see Pepperspray and his mate exchanging glances, then nods, before turning back to face their guests. "I... I'm leaving it up to you guys," Keith shrugged. "I'd be happy to have him, and you know I'd raise him right, but if you want him to stay with you, it's your call.

After a moment of silence, the female Weezing began to speak up, which Meowth took as his cue to translate. "She's sayin' Pepperspray's cool wit it, too, and she trusts his judgement," he said. "Besides, da big difference here is dat the othas ain't ready ta leave da nest yet, but dis one's the oldest o' da bunch, and he knows wat he wants."

Keith nodded, a smile spreading across his face. Then, he turned to Maribel. "Is this OK with you, sweetie?" he asked. "I know today was supposed to be about you catching a Koffing, after all, I don't want to steal your thunder..."

But Maribel shook her head with a smile. "You and Mom always taught me, it's what the Pokémon wants that matters most," she said. "And that Koffing wants to go with you, Dad. I'll catch one for myself someday. My journey's just started, there's no rush."

Keith smiled proudly. "Attagirl," he said. He turned back to the Koffing, a Poké Ball already at the ready. "Are you ready, then, Koffing?" he asked.

Koffing smiled, politely yet unmistakably eagerly. "Koffing!" he responded, waiting for what he knew to come next.

And come next it did! Keith turned his Mega Hat backwards with his free hand, and heaved the sphere in his hand at the larger floating sphere. "Then go, Poké Ball!" Keith exclaimed. The ball struck Koffing and sucked him inside, and as it hit the ground, it barely wobbled before falling still. "Haha!" Keith grinned triumphantly, holding the ball in the air. "I just caught a Koffing! Yeah!"

"Meowth! Dat's right!" Meowth chimed in.

Still clutching his new Koffing's Poké Ball, Keith turned back to Pepperspray. "His name will be Pepper," Keith stated simply, a statement that brought proud smiles to Pepperspray's faces. And with that, this time they really were off. Keith would send Pepper back out, fill him in on his name and all that, but not until they got home- it was, after all, starting to get dark.

OOC: Paying 200 to adopt the male Koffing. Placing him in Poké Ball #24 of 72, naming him Pepper, and declaring his Ability to be Neutralizing Gas.
Missingno. Master: Adoption Confirmed

Sea Slug Pokémon
Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Woobat
I've had my eye on this little bat for a while, but didn't have any plans for her until now. Nicknaming her Leukocyte, declaring her ability to be Unaware, and putting her in my only Heal Ball.

Here's the $200.

Last edited:
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
I've had my eye on this little bat for a while, but didn't have any plans for her until now. Nicknaming her Leukocyte, declaring her ability to be Unaware, and putting her in my only Heal Ball.

Here's the $200.
SpinyShell: Adoption Confirmed

Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Reaction score
($200)
Lv. 01 (F) Zubat

Trainers may adopt again on this date:
Perap's Pearl: December 18th, 2020
Now that I can adopt again, I'm going to be scooping up the female Zubat who has been loitering around here for a while for $200 and popping her in a Vampire Ball

Planning on nicknaming her Velcro and declaring her ability as Infiltrator