• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Adoption Center

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Now that I can adopt again, I'm going to be scooping up the female Zubat who has been loitering around here for a while for $200 and popping her in a Vampire Ball

Planning on nicknaming her Velcro and declaring her ability as Infiltrator
Pearl's Perap: Adoption Confirmed

No need for the disco
Reaction score
Pokémon available for adoption!

($200) Lv. 01 (M) Nosepass[/COLOR]

Many yarns have been spun of people who came from other points in time, either from the past by chance, or the future to attempt to change something that gave them cause to head there. Those tales, true or not, were unrelated to the events that resulted in the entity that stood before the adoption centre however. Rather, the entity's arrival from absolutely nowhere, if pressed, would be something very swiftly diverted as "none of their business." Whatever circumstances gave them cause to be here, they certainly were not mentioning. The entity seemingly heaved, as if simulating a sigh of sorts, before raising an appendage to the door's handle and gently pushing their way into the centre. As they plodded their way to the desk, numerous other trainers in the building would stare in their direction, their pokemon curious at the entity, and why would they not be?

The entity approached the desk where a rather bored looking teen sat, idly flicking through a book of sorts, only stopping when they say said entity before them. For Jason, this was meant to be a simple job to pull in some work experience and a quick pay packet to help him through college, and even though he wasn't exactly one for caring about pokemon much, he did find some of the critters unfortunate enough to be jettisoned here pitiable. That said, the figure before him cut a considerable shadow over him, and as he tried to make heads or tails of things, the entity gingerly placed a number of unusual coins onto the desk with a telltale clink. Solid gold. The stranger then pointed towards one pen, where a seemingly docile lumpy pokemon stood, peering curiously at passersby, a couple of whom gave a cursory glance before shaking their heads. The indication was clear, and as Jason furrowed his brow, the teen pointed to the noticeboard mandating that one is to bring a ball for adoption, and wondered just whereabouts the figure kept their goods, given their...appearance.

The entity tilted a little, before appearing to get the message before doing something completely unexpected. An appendage reached for the nearby trash can, and pulled some of the rubbish out. A few cartons and cans, some wrappers of prior dinners, and a mangled chunk of wire and plastic. The entity took the trash into its appendages before covering them completely as it crushed them down with intense force, before raising the blob of rubbish to a spot on the front of it and...zapping it with some sort of laser, Jason couldn't be sure, but he was certainly surprised when a few seconds later the entity placed the result of its actions onto the desktop, a cyber ball pulsating with red lines sitting there as the entity seemed to look at him expectantly.

Wordlessly the teen signed the necessary paperwork and swiftly filed it away before calling the vacant rock type over and explaining things to it, the Nosepass teetering around with faint interest, and on handing the pokemon to its new owner, Jason watched the entity leave the building as silently as it had entered. A couple of minutes after it had left, the teen headed for the back of the building, and called for his manager, explaining what he had seen, confused as he could be. Somewhat bewildered, Jason was given the rest of the day off and had a therapeutic appointment booked swiftly, while the manager brought up the stranger with the authorities, who told him that due to no crime being performed, they couldn't do much about the stranger, but would try and keep an eye on things in general.

After all, it wasn't every day that an eight foot tall cyclopean machine ventured into a facility and asked to adopt a pokemon, let alone a machine that had designs that were, to speak simply, not of this world.

---

As above, adopting that Nosepass, declaring his ability as Sand Force on confirmation.

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
A few more Pokemon have been located by the Adoption staff and are looking for new homes...

($200) Lv. 01 (F) Delibird
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Surskit
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Karrablast
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Flabebe [White Flower]
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Salandit
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Gossifleur
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Hippopotas
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Vanillite

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Vanillite

Trainers may adopt again on this date:

Missingno. Master: January 9th, 2020[/FONT]
"Welcome to Arti-Cone-O's, what can I do for you today?"

At this question, Willa turned to her daughter. While Keith Masters was out taking on a Dynamaxed Galarian Slowbro, his wife and daughter had gone out to do some Pokémon training, and at this point were turning it into a whole mother-daughter day out. And the first stop for this was Arti-Cone-O's Ice Cream Parlor in Beeyemgee City to grab some ice cream. "Maribel, you first," Willa said with a small smile.

"Ooh... I'll have two Arti-Cone-Os with chocolate ice cream and hot fudge, please," Maribel stated.

"A Casteliacone for me, please," added Willa.

"Coming right up," stated the man behind the counter.

As he walked away, Willa smiled at her daughter. "Two Arti-Cone-Os, hmm?" she said. "One of them alone is pretty big. Are you sure you can finish two?"

"Probably not," Maribel shook her head. "One's for Trevenant."

Willa's smile widened. "Very thoughtful of you," she said approvingly. "I'm sure Trevenant will appreciate-"

"AAAAAAAGH!"

"What in the-" Willa murmured as she and Maribel turned to look in the direction that scream had came from. The man from before came rushing out, hands noticeably devoid of ice cream as he ran for cover as what appeared to be a sentient Casteliacone came barging through the door after him.

"What the hell?!" the poor Arti-Cone-O's employee wailed from underneath a table. "They don't pay me enough to deal with this! A friggin' live Vanillite mixed in with the Casteliacones?! Who does that?!" Meanwhile, Willa produced her Pokédex, pointing it at the angry dessert lookalike.

"Vanillite, the Fresh Snow Pokémon. An Ice-type," droned the device. "Vanillite's freezing breath can create snow, which it does to make its environment more comfortable for it."

"Nilliiiiiite!" screeched the Vanillite, glaring around with a crazed look.

"Hey- are either of you Trainers?" the employee asked Willa and Maribel. "If you can take care of this thing, I'll give you a discount! I'd even make it free if I was allowed to!"

"Consider it dealt with," Willa stated, already throwing an Ultra Ball. "Mawile!" she declared as the Steel/Fairy-type appeared before them.

"Uh, that's probably not gonna work-" began the employee.

"VAAAANIIIIIILL!" bellowed Vanillite, as, to general shock, it let loose a scorching Firestream at Mawile, who cried out in pain as the super effective move made contact!

"It knows a Fire move!" exclaimed Maribel. "Mom, you better switch Pokémon!"

Willa nodded, holding out the same Ultra Ball. "Return, Mawile!" she said, withdrawing the Deceiver Pokémon. At this point, Willa threw another Ultra Ball. "Absol!" she exclaimed, as this time, it was a Dark-type emerging from the thrown ball.

"Sol!" Absol roared, glaring up at the Vanillite, who glared back insolently, before opening its mouth once more, preparing to repeat its earlier move-

-which Willa had been hoping for. "Use Me First!" she smirked.

"ABSOOOOL!" Absol roared, her scythe-like horn shining brightly as she unleashed a Firestream with greater power than average. Vanillite cried out as the attack landed, though was still in midair. Now, it summoned numerous sharp icicles all around it, and with a wave of its stubby arms, sent them flying at Absol.

"That's Icicle Spear!" Maribel breathed.

"Detect!" ordered Willa, and with a gleam in her eye, Absol wove almost unnaturally around the icicles. And it didn't end there, either. "Now- Quick Attack!" she added.

"Ab! Sol! Ab! Sol! ABSOL!" Absol grunted, charging forward with rapid acceleration, and rammed into Vanillite at speeds far faster than it could react to. Vanillite fell to the floor, struggling to get back up.

Willa seized her chance. With her left hand, she flicked a few errant strands of hair out of her face, while, with her right hand, she threw another Ultra Ball, this one without an occupant. Yet. "Go, Ultra Ball!" Willa cried out.

The ball struck Vanillite and sucked it in, falling to the floor, with everyone watching in silence as it wobbled around, rattling on the floor tiles, until it finally fell still.

"...Whew," sighed the employee as he resumed his place behind the counter. "Thank you for that," he said. "I'm gonna have nightmares about fire-breathing Casteliacones for a while now, I bet," he chuckled. "But yes- two Arti-Cone-Os with chocolate ice cream and hot fudge, and an actual, non-sentient Casteliacone that doesn't breathe fire. Coming up. And as my thanks for you dealing with this, I'm only charging you
200."

"Thank you," Willa replied with a polite nod. She and Maribel exchanged satisfied smiles as the man went to go get their ice cream- reasonably-priced ice cream and a new addition to the Pokémon family? The day was off to a good start already!

OOC: Adopting the male Vanillite, putting him in Ultra Ball #1 of 5, using this Cranberry Cider to teach him Firestream, and locking in his Ability as Snow Cloak. Payment: 200

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
DannyDrawsaLot: Adoption Confirmed

Sneasel12: Adoption Confirmed

Missingno. Master: Adoption Confirmed

Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Delibird

Trainers may adopt again on this date:
Pearl's Perap: January 18th, 2020
With only 342 sleeps left until Christmas, I thought now would be the perfect time to adopt such a fabulously festive fowl - once my adoption for $200 is confirmed, I'll be nicknaming her Noelle and declaring her ability to be Vital Spirit. I'm also going to be collecting her in a Christmas Ball that I've had gathering dust since 2008.

Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Chinchou
"Um, excuse me sir? I've got a bit of a situation on my hands."

Silic groaned inwardly as he adjusted his earpiece, knowing full well that this interruption was unlikely to bring good news. "This is Greven, right? The intern who volunteered to keep an eye out on Aerodactyl while he stretched his wings?"

"Y-yes, about that. He's, uh..." Greven took a brief moment to try and steady his voice, clearly a bit overwhelmed with the panic of disappointing his boss and whatever it was that Aerodactyl was up to. "...He's kind of, uh, causing a mess in the Adoption Center."

Well, that sure didn't sound like good news at all. "...Explain."

"W-well, he apparently decided to play with this chinchou he spotted in the outdoor pool, and wouldn't listen to me at all when I tried to keep on the standard path. Many of the other pokemon there started panicking, one by way of throwing a timburr's log, so a massive fight's broken out around the place and Aerodactyl's just kinda sitting there with a guilty look on his face?"

"I'll admit, that sounds a lot more tame that what I expected." Silic shrugged and opened his computer to start working on an apology email. "I don't see the situation getting any better while you're still there, so I suggest that you leave as soon as you can."

"I've tried, Sir, but Aerodactyl doesn't seem to have taken it very well. Probably doesn't help that the chinchou's actually been standing up for him..."

"Oh, great creation below..." The businessman's groan was far less inward this time around. "...Alright, tell you what? I'll send you the information you'll need to adopt the chinchou under my name, and compensate you for the corresponding expenses when you get back. That's probably going to be simplest solution to this situation." He opened another tab, and searched for 'how to care for fish'.

~ ~ ~
I'd like to adopt this little walker with this $200, and housing her in the very last of these Pokeballs. That should cover the official fees, I believe?

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Some new Pokemon have shown up in the adoption ranks...

($200) Lv. 01 (F) Pikipek
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Surskit
($200) Lv. 01 (-) Sinistea
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Sewaddle
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Houndour
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Mareep
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Skitty
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Gligar

Hoarder of nice things
Reaction score
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Skitty
Adopting this lovely Skitty and will nickname her Soleil. She'll reside in this Heal Ball that's pink like herself. Here's the $200

Edit: Declaring her ability to be Normalize (the word of the year 2021 or sumn like that)

Last edited: